Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
God, if you exist, please post in this thread and let us all know.  

I was religious for decades, thankfully I've seen the light.  I do not believe in myths or things I cannot prove exist.  

You religious folks, I have a question for you:

If I could positively show you your religion is false and God does not exist, Would you want to know????

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let me know when God gets off his throne and says "Sorry folks... Iwas asleep during that whole slavery thing".  

Does God grant rights? No.

Man grants himself rights by fighting for them and defending them.

And I say this as a God Fearing Catholic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

GD is almost as Godless as DU-- great company!
Let me know when God gets off his throne and says "Sorry folks... Iwas asleep during that whole slavery thing".  

Does God grant rights? No.

Man grants himself rights by fighting for them and defending them.

And I say this as a God Fearing Catholic.

first slaves were the Jews

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's like that joke about the man in the flood. GOD would save him he said. After 4 different people come along with a car, raft, big boat and chopper that he turns away he drowns. Gets to Heaven and asks GOD why he didn't save him. GOD tells him I sent you a car, raft, big boat and chopper what more did you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a Christian and believe God will protect me by giving me tools and skills ( and some divine intervention) to do so. That woman is an idiot. Plenty of bad things happen to Godly people

It's like that joke about the man in the flood. GOD would save him he said. After 4 different people come along with a car, raft, big boat and chopper that he turns away he drowns. Gets to Heaven and asks GOD why he didn't save him. GOD tells him I sent you a car, raft, big boat and chopper what more did you want.

And with at least the foreknowledge and provision of the Creator at work for everyone.
Always.
Even for the very breath that we draw.
Some tolerances concerning gravity and pressures which help or deteriorate living matter in the physical world, and about how we live are quite precise.
The Bible actually states that the exposure of this world and about the total creation in general through intellectualism will do in some cases.
For final judgment.
Man's sciences will not help you here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So are you admitting that you are on Meds?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a nice day parasite.

I hear 10% of your kind steal from patients for your own use. I guess that cuts down on the number you accidentally OD. Bye.

See, he's the type of moron I mentioned above, the one that comes off as bitter.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shame on both sides with all the name calling. What ever happen to live and let live?
View Quote

When fired upon, return fire. The Jesus enthusiasts decided to abandon and shit on their purported theosophy as soon as they could, just like any lying hypocrite would.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When fired upon, return fire. The Jesus enthusiasts decided to abandon and shit on their purported theosophy as soon as they could, just like anyying hypocrite would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shame on both sides with all the name calling. What ever happen to live and let live?

When fired upon, return fire. The Jesus enthusiasts decided to abandon and shit on their purported theosophy as soon as they could, just like anyying hypocrite would.

Maybe someone is waiting on you in return to do the same.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
teener millennials FTW!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have demonstrated my willingness to return fire and to mock false beliefs. So. That's settled.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Because many of them in this thread have a need to somehow feel superior (Little man syndrome)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are so many atheists obsessed with Christians and their beliefs?

Because many of them in this thread have a need to somehow feel superior (Little man syndrome)

because they are America's version of the Taliban and most destroy all images of God and remove it from every day life, just like ISIS too

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

See, he's the type of moron I mentioned above, the one that comes off as bitter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear 10% of your kind steal from patients for your own use. I guess that cuts down on the number you accidentally OD. Bye.

I hope not me

Admittedly I have much to be bitter about, but in truth I'm not bitter n the least.
Life is far to short to harbor anger towards others (well except for Jane Fonda)

I will however admit to being a smart ass

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just had a convo with a woman stating that she doesn't fear for her life because she believes in god and that he will protect her from evil. I just kind of had this like you fucking serious look on my face. Do people really believe and buy in to this kind of stuff?
View Quote

Just look how well that worked for Christians in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was religious for decades, thankfully I've seen the light.  I do not believe in myths or things I cannot prove exist.  

If I could positively show you your religion is false and God does not exist, Would you want to know????

View Quote

Shoot brother.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Remember how the enemy has mocked you, LORD, how foolish people have reviled your name.
Psalm 74:18
View Quote

Evidence that even back then, before people knew anything, there was a large and vocal segment of society calling BS on the god nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

Go for it.

(This should be good for a laugh...)
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have demonstrated my willingness to return fire and to mock false beliefs. So. That's settled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I hope not me

Admittedly I have much to be bitter about, but in truth I'm not bitter n the least.
Life is far to short to harbor anger towards others (well except for Jane Fonda)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope not me

No, not you.

Mesocestoides
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just had a convo with a woman stating that she doesn't fear for her life because she believes in god and that he will protect her from evil. I just kind of had this like you fucking serious look on my face. Do people really believe and buy in to this kind of stuff?

I think a lot of that had to do with their inability to acquire weapons and munitions

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Take your best shot, sport.

New evangelical atheists are so adorable.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think a lot of that had to do with their inability to acquire weapons and munitions  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well so god DIDN'T provide?  Huh....how about that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#20]
1975 I died, I know without a doubt God is real and that he loves me. there is nothing you can do or say to make me think otherwise. recently I was scoffed at by a friend when I told him of being in the presence of God, 2 days later he was dead for 11 minutes and the first thing he told me was God is real.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, not you.

Mesocestoides
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope not me

No, not you.

Mesocestoides

I actually feel a little sorry for him, I really do, all that anger really will chew him up.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
1975 I died, I know without a doubt God is real and that he loves me. there is nothing you can do or say to make me think otherwise. recently I was scoffed at by a friend when I told him of being in the presence of God, 2 days later he was dead for 11 minutes and the first thing he told me was God is real.

View Quote

Scary as it would be, I almost wish that would happen to me.

I have poor faith.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

there is a difference between saying "there is no god", and "god gave me tools to protect my self with"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD is almost as Godless as DU-- great company!

there is a difference between saying "there is no god", and "god gave me tools to protect my self with"

From the OP  "I stopped having imaginary friends in 3rd grade."   troll thread.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God gave us the ability to help them but because of our evil leader we did not.

you see while God does love us all he gave us free will. Those Christians that died are not asleep in the ground they are in his presence which is an awesome place to be IMHO  

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why not?

We believe your stories about married ex-GFs hitting on you on Facebook.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She can pray to God when she's being gangraped and/or killed and then see what happens

I stopped having imaginary friends in 3rd grade.

Same here.  Watching adults talk to themselves while hoping some fairy tale being is going to help them is

Tell me about it. I just don't see how ppl believe some of the stories in the bible. Guy survives days in a whale. Guys survive being thrown in fire. Guy walks on water. Guys walk THROUGH a sea.

Why not?

We believe your stories about married ex-GFs hitting on you on Facebook.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here is where that argument falters. The whole "God lets this happen woe woe woe." mentality is always lost on me. I had an acquaintance who, after attending the funeral for her friend, started believing. The faith and trust that one shows by being a martyr can help others who are not strong in their faith or don't have faith at all to me. Just like a pastor from the church in China saying that they pray that America feels some of the persecution. He didn't do it in anger or a malicious way, but rather to help strengthen our faith and beliefs.

Bad situations suck, but in those situations we have a comforter who can bring healing if you just listen. Those same situations can help another one find faith through whatever they see going on in the back ground. It's all perspective tho I guess.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]
i know arfcom  GD is filled with atheists.... i really dont care..

but, me, myself, i believe in god.

i believe god watches over his children...... but i believe god expects you to make wise decisions, and attempt to protect your family from all things dangerous... and not to do dangerous things to endanger yourself or your family.

wear your seat belt..... dont piss away your paycheck and have starving kids, dont leave your front door open, if you have wolves close to your house, dont walk down dark alleys in bad neighborhoods, etc.... etc... and play that islamic Insha'Allah bullshit.   god loves you... but he will also let you learn your lessons the hard way. you might become a paraplegic, just to be a example to others, to not drive 100mph and street race, etc. .. if god fixed everyones problems, and no one ever had anything to deal with, we would have a idiocity world filled with helpless idiots, as god " baby proofed" the planet.

as was said... god helps those who help themselves.  i believe people DO get helped, and do get saved in moments of crisis, where their survival was almost 100% guaranteed to fail..... but they live....   and hopefully realize god gave them another chance, and do better with their lives after that point.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have poor faith.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have poor faith.

Well as I see it you may have more than you know.

I was in that same spot, just wishing God would just hand me his business card or something....

Well as life went on I had my ups and downs and as I grew older and reflected back on
my life I saw much more than a business card, I saw his hand in my life, guiding me
(more like shoving me and dragging me kicking and screaming at times)

The older I get the more I see the more I believe the more I know.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When fired upon, return fire. The Jesus enthusiasts decided to abandon and shit on their purported theosophy as soon as they could, just like any lying hypocrite would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The tape worm is back.   whose troll account are you?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I take little stock in what Non-Paying members say

Not because they are not members but because many are trolls.

If they were Paid Accounts the site staff would see who they are

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yes they are.
Now what are we going to do about it?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

you see while God does love us all he gave us free will. Those Christians that died are not asleep in the ground they are in his presence which is an awesome place to be IMHO    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does American Christianity always circle back around to US centric politics? I wonder if European Christians blame France, England, Germany, or do they blame the US as well? There have been Christians in those places for centuries...longer than there was an America and damn sure longer than there was an Obama. It isn't America's fault they didn't have weapons and munitions, not in the least.  If we had a bible thumping president the fault would be laid at the feet of some other scapegoat to excuse god's failure to provide for those folks.  

Now I'm not faulting you for your faith, at least you have an experience, real, imagined, or hallucinated, to personally rely on, but where's the evidence outside your head?

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think they do
It absolves them from doing anything on their own to protect themselves
View Quote

It does?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It does?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they do

It does?

Wrong insurance.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I was born in a place that allows me to protect myself.  This place allows me to better myself and earn the means to buy a gun and train with that gun for protection.  This place allows me to carry that gun as long as I abide by its laws.  God put me in a position to succeed and hopefully will spread a little luck my way if I ever need to defend myself.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not a single author in the new testament, and yes that means Matt, Mark, Luke, and John, knew Jesus. If they claimed they saw Jesus, then I seen Elvis! The FIRST written anything in the new testament was done 50 years after Jesus died. Lots of people deny the accuracy of the bible from stem to stern, and for a metric fuckton of excellent reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because of the evidence. A few points:

1.) Very few people deny the historical authenticity of the Bible, especially the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). They're more well documented than almost any other ancient work.
2.) The guys who wrote those books down (the primary sources) went to their deaths saying they saw what they saw. Every single one of them (ETA: John was exiled, but went on spreading the word about what he'd seen until he died - our understanding is that the rest of the 12 were martyred, specifically, and many more who heard from primary sources such as Stephen were also martyred for believing what they did). There was no glory in it, and they knew that. Why would they go to their deaths for something they knew was a lie?

Not a single author in the new testament, and yes that means Matt, Mark, Luke, and John, knew Jesus. If they claimed they saw Jesus, then I seen Elvis! The FIRST written anything in the new testament was done 50 years after Jesus died. Lots of people deny the accuracy of the bible from stem to stern, and for a metric fuckton of excellent reasons.

Correct. There is even a very real debate as to the historicity of Jesus. Certainly the Gospels are no help here. Despite being copies from an earlier unknown source they still fail to match on the most critical details. They don't even agree on the day or hour that Jesus was crucified. Again, they do not even agree on the DAY. Nor do they match on other critical details, nor do those details match any historical record as might be expected given their nature. Was their an earthquake? When did it occur? The answer, despite the bible, is that there is no record of any earthquake. Nor did darkness cover the earth. The dead did not begin walking around Jerusalem  -- in the bible an astonishing number of people come back from the dead. Was the viel of the Temple torn before or after the crucifixion, and so on. Incredibly, they do not even agree as to Jesus's last words.

As for Paul, we are all aware that he only knew "Jesus" through hallucinations or  visions. Nor was he ever compelled or even interested in seeing the locations where these miraculous events supposedly occurred -- because it didn't matter. Jesus, to Paul and the early Christians, was never an actual guy. As for independent corroboration the evidence usually pointed to, Josephus, has already been shown to be a later addition.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
She can pray to God when she's being gangraped and/or killed and then see what happens
View Quote

That's exactly what I said to a woman saying the same thing about being safe because of God.  She told me to fuck off lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wrong insurance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they do

It does?

Wrong insurance.

As I stated before, intellectualism itself or in a typically relevant way of thinking will be good enough for some.
In judgment.
The Bible claims that all relevant matters of the spirit are God given.
Maybe you lack some information about spiritual matters as they really are?
The Bible also clearly states that without faith it is impossible to please Him.
I'm almost certain that the Bible also clearly indicates that God has given every man a measure of faith to believe something with.
Therefore, I do not believe in Hari Krishna and so forth.
The Bible states that you cannot serve two masters.
One.
I am to be.
Therefore I have life.
There is no fear of death according to these things.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was in that same spot, just wishing God would just hand me his business card or something....

Well as life went on I had my ups and downs and as I grew older and reflected back on
my life I saw much more than a business card, I saw his hand in my life, guiding me

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have poor faith.

And the more scared out of my mind I get about meeting Him.

I'm not ready.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I said to a woman saying the same thing about being safe because of God.  She told me to fuck off lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's worse is when people use God as an excuse for a negative or even positive experience in their life.

"My house burned down". "God is trying to tell me something"

"Got a promotion at work, thanks God!!"
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Instructing the ignorant, counseling the doubtful, and admonishing sinners are all spiritual works of mercy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Faith is for the soul not the body.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I believe in god, I go to church, I pray, etc. But, I believe that it is up to us humans to save and protect ourselves from the evil in the world.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I never claimed there was any point to my being here.  But the fact is that there IS a point, that being to procreate, protect my offspring, and teach them to the best of my ability to be successful in the endeavor of procreating themselves.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah we came out of nothing and became self aware just to realize we are going back to nothing, what's the point of it all?? Think about that. That's as much of a fantasy as you claim religion is.

All available evidence points to that being true, that's not fantasy.

Then there's no point to you being here.

There also cannot be any kind of objective morality.

I never claimed there was any point to my being here.  But the fact is that there IS a point, that being to procreate, protect my offspring, and teach them to the best of my ability to be successful in the endeavor of procreating themselves.  

Why is that the point? After all, lots of people don't procreate. Many things don't teach their kids either.

And prove that it's the point.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There is no point to any of us being here, we are here, but it isn't by design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah we came out of nothing and became self aware just to realize we are going back to nothing, what's the point of it all?? Think about that. That's as much of a fantasy as you claim religion is.

So why do we frown upon murder?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it's not generally good for society, so we collectively agree that it's wrong.

Just because there is no real point for us to be here other than to reproduce, doesn't mean we don't place value on ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The protection from evil is an afterlife with God the creator, free from sin, for those who believe in him. It is not the protection from getting hurt in this mortal world. But, atheist and non believers refuse to acknowledge this and instead make fun of those who have this belief.

For a people who don't believe in religion atheist sure do spend  a lot of their life engaging in conversation about it.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why is that the point? After all, lots of people don't procreate. Many things don't teach their kids either.

And prove that it's the point.
View Quote

See the propagation of species.  Every living thing on earth, to the best of it's ability, survives and produces offspring. Plants spread by rhizome and seed, fish spawn, birds lay eggs, and mammals rear young.  Everyone of these processes for propagation is performed under conditions that give the young the best opportunity to survive and live to the point of reproducing again. And on and on it goes.

It's patently obvious that the poster that called us DNA containers was spot on, every living thing is simply a DNA container. If there is another point besides that, there is no evidence of it that I have seen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hell yes they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yes they are.

point and giggle?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you just had a conversation about this?

Is she a mail order bride?  Isn't this the kind of stuff you talk about before you marry someone?

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top