Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:39:54 PM EDT
What's his history gun being either anti or pro gun?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
So did the fat ass Christie
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
He did.

But contrast that with all the really great pro-gun laws hes signed since SH.

NFA shall issue.

Mag cap (over 30) gone

CCW shall issue.

And many more Im sure Im forgetting..

Theres a reason many pro gun folks in OH are quite happy to have him as Governor. If you live in OH, calling him antigun for the AWB bullshit is laughable. Is it inexcusable? Of course not. But look at whats he done for the 2A in OH this millenium before you judge.

ETA: OH has arguably the best guns laws in the midwest. And right up there nationwide. And a lot of that is thanks to Governor Kasich.

And Im voting Cruz btw, FWIW.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
As an Ohio representative Kasich voted for the 1994 assault weapon ban.  He ran for president once before, his run didn't last long at all.  There was very little support even in Ohio for him.

As Ohio governor he has signed all pro-RKBA legislation.  Not Micky Mouse pro-RKBA legislation either, NFA shall sign, no more 30 round mag limit, have solid CHL reforms, statewide firearms law preemption, a bunch of other stuff.  Kasich has learned the lesson that it's not a good move to piss off gun voters.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He did.

NFA shall issue.
Mag cap (over 30) gone
CCW shall issue.

Theres a reason many pro gun folks in OH are quite happy to have him as Governor. If you live in OH, calling him antigun for the AWB bullshit is laughable. Is it inexcusable? Of course not. But look at whats he done for the 2A in OH this millenium before you judge.

ETA: OH has arguably the best guns laws in the midwest. And right up there nationwide. And a lot of that is thanks to Governor Kasich.

View Quote

This.  I had my doubts about Kasich when he was running for Governor but he's been solid since.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
He's really a pretty good guy, he just comes across as a mentally unstable douchewad.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]
So did Reagan
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So did Reagan
View Quote

Yep.

But we now have something that Reagan and Kasich didn't: DATA

We now know that gun bans don't do shit. But at the time they supported those ideas, the conventional wisdom was that those evil weapons were responsible for violent crime and that limiting their ownership would reduce it.

Kasich admits it was a mistake and I'm sure Reagan would too if he were alive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep.

We now know that gun bans don't do shit. But at the time they supported those ideas, the conventional wisdom was that those evil weapons were responsible for violent crime and that limiting their ownership would reduce it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

Only a fucking idiot would think that banning "assault rifles" would reduce crime, even before the data came out. Reagan was a douche canoe.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only a fucking idiot would think that banning a "assault rifles" would reduce crime, even before the data came out. Reagan was a douche canoe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

Only a fucking idiot would think that banning a "assault rifles" would reduce crime, even before the data came out. Reagan was a douche canoe.

Wow...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

Lol. Not at all, it was a generational thing. He was a fudd like everyone his age
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#12]
In addition he's also helped make our CCW laws much better by allowing carry in liquor establishments if you aren't drinking and also revising the car carry rules (originally you had to carry your CCW in plain sight in a vehicle )
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Only a f idiot would think that banning a "assault rifles" would reduce crime, even before the data came out. Reagan was a douche canoe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So did Reagan

Yep.

Only a f idiot would think that banning a "assault rifles" would reduce crime, even before the data came out. Reagan was a douche canoe.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He has been a strongrkba supporter in Ohio. He admits that the 1994 thing was a mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He has been a strongrkba supporter in Ohio. He admits that the 1994 thing was a mistake.

He didn't say it was a mistake when questioned about it by Chris Wallace a few months ago on Fox News Sunday and he was recently touting it on The View which was shown today on Fox.  The 1994 Clinton gun ban was not the only gun restrictions he supported or voted for right up until 1999 when in Congress.  He was a big time gun banner until it no longer played well for him.

video

Q: Let me pick up on another issue that some conservatives have with you. Back in 1994, you voted for the assault weapons ban that Bill Clinton was proposing, which earned you an "F" from NRA. Now, your NRA rating is a straight "A". What would you say to a gun rights advocate who is going to say I'm not sure I like the guy who at one time had an "F" from the NRA?
KASICH: That was an assault weapon ban. I'm a Second Amendment advocate. I don't believe the government should be taking guns from people. I think people have a right to be armed. It's about keeping the Second Amendment and it's allowing legitimate gun owners to be able to do what they want, which is exercise their constitutional right. So people don't need to worry about that.
Q: Do you regret your vote for the assault weapons ban in '94?
KASICH: No
, when I look at it now, it was superfluous. We were adding a law that had no impact. And I don't think that's ever smart to do.

Source: Fox News Sunday 2015 coverage of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Aug 2, 2015

The View

Whoopi GOLDBERG: So why is it so difficult for us to say, here's the bottom line. We're not going sell AK-47s because you can't hunt with them. You can't hunt a dear. There's nothing left. Can you do that as president?

KASICH: Well, you know Whoopi I voted for an assault weapons ban and all that happened was they just changed the structure of the gun.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#15]
So the AWB , Amnesty and Debt, but yet he calls himself a conservative, Then again Reagan
was called a great conservative and still is by the National Review.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:48:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So the AWB , Amnesty and Debt, but yet he calls himself a conservative, Then again Reagan
was called a great conservative and still is by the National Review.
View Quote

and 50% of arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#17]
What did John Kasich say he wants to do in his first 100 days as President?  Legalize every illegal alien in the United States.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Relative to the wording of the 2nd, are there really any pro-gun laws?

Infringe is negative.  Not infringe is pro, or positive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#19]
He just said recently that he is a good compromise between Bernie and Shillery.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He didn't say it was a mistake when questioned about it by Chris Wallace a few months ago on Fox News Sunday and he was recently touting it on The View which was shown today on Fox.  The 1994 Clinton gun ban was not the only gun restrictions he supported or voted for right up until 1999 when in Congress. He was a big time gun banner until it no longer played well for him.

video

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't say it was a mistake when questioned about it by Chris Wallace a few months ago on Fox News Sunday and he was recently touting it on The View which was shown today on Fox.  The 1994 Clinton gun ban was not the only gun restrictions he supported or voted for right up until 1999 when in Congress. He was a big time gun banner until it no longer played well for him.

video

Q: Let me pick up on another issue that some conservatives have with you. Back in 1994, you voted for the assault weapons ban that Bill Clinton was proposing, which earned you an "F" from NRA. Now, your NRA rating is a straight "A". What would you say to a gun rights advocate who is going to say I'm not sure I like the guy who at one time had an "F" from the NRA?
KASICH: That was an assault weapon ban. I'm a Second Amendment advocate. I don't believe the government should be taking guns from people. I think people have a right to be armed. It's about keeping the Second Amendment and it's allowing legitimate gun owners to be able to do what they want, which is exercise their constitutional right. So people don't need to worry about that.
, when I look at it now, it was superfluous. We were adding a law that had no impact. And I don't think that's ever smart to do.

Source: Fox News Sunday 2015 coverage of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Aug 2, 2015

The View

Whoopi GOLDBERG: So why is it so difficult for us to say, here's the bottom line. We're not going sell AK-47s because you can't hunt with them. You can't hunt a dear. There's nothing left. Can you do that as president?

KASICH: Well, you know Whoopi I voted for an assault weapons ban and all that happened was they just changed the structure of the gun.

important comment on  the topic.  (IMO) He will turn  when it fits the agenda..

Of course, he is a politician, so that may be why..
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So did Reagan

Yep.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. That shit is the reason I refuse to see RR as the mega-hero lots of people do. better than anything since, sure, but that ain't saying much.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#22]
How many other candidates have signed "Shall Issue" NFA laws for their state? It's a moot point now since 41F dropped the CLEO signature, but Kasich had the stones to make it law that the CLEO's would sign for your forms.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:09:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I am thinking Kasich would make a good VP. Lots of experience in making deals. As an outsider, it looks like he has done a good job in Ohio.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:21:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am thinking Kasich would make a good VP. Lots of experience in making deals. As an outsider, it looks like he has done a good job in Ohio.
View Quote

It wouldn't surprise me to see him as the VP pick.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:21:51 AM EDT
[#25]
he is the only one of the 13 or so that's running that has a track record on voting YES on the 1994 Clinton Gun Ban

I'll vote for that jackass approximately the same time I sprout wings and fly

Do we need the cake diagram again to explain why there is no such thing as compromise in regards to the Second Amendment ?

No other person running has done anything to prohibit me from an AR15, Kasich has

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
he is the only one of the 13 or so that's running that has a track record on voting YES on the 1994 Clinton Gun Ban

Do we need the cake diagram again to explain why there is no such thing as compromise in regards to the Second Amendment ?

No other person running has done anything to prohibit me from an AR15, Kasich has

View Quote

He also signed shall sign NFA and removed Ohio's 30-round magazine ban.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:32:19 AM EDT
[#27]
So he supported the AWB and donated to Hillary multiple times? What a scumbag.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:33:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

He did.

NFA shall issue.

Mag cap (over 30) gone

CCW shall issue.

View Quote

Not even close - I suggest you check out your neighbor to the west
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:36:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not even close - I suggest you check out your neighbor to the west
View Quote

Well it's close, but you guys definitely get the midwest win.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

video

The View

Yep.

He has no actual belief in the 2nd Amendment - His actions are based solely on which way the political winds happen to be blowing.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:44:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He has no actual belief in the 2nd Amendment - His actions are based solely on which way the political winds happen to be blowing.
View Quote

I've said this for a while. He's been GREAT for gun owners in Ohio (I voted for him as Governor twice and I'd do it again if I could), but I'm reasonably certain it's because he knows it's basically a requirement in Ohio these days. His predecessor (a Democrat) was fairly solid on the 2A as well - better than the Republican that preceded him, as a matter of fact. I seriously doubt that was a principled position on his part, either - just political reality in Ohio.

It will take a lot to convince me he's doing it for reasons other than political expediency. I don't think he's truly a pro 2A guy. I also don't give a shit, as long as he keeps signing pro-gun bills one after another in Ohio, like he has been.

I don't hate him as our Governor (and I'm also enjoying the tax cuts he's championed, along with the $2B budget surplus), but I really can't support him for President.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:46:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Only a fucking idiot would think that banning "assault rifles" would reduce crime, even before the data came out. Reagan was a douche canoe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

Reagan was out of office and in late stages of Alzheimer's when he voiced support for an AWB.

As far as the 86 ban goes, that was tacked on in the middle of the night by dems. Everything else in that bill was a huge plus for gun owners.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:24:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Reagan was out of office and in late stages of Alzheimer's when he voiced support for an AWB.

As far as the 86 ban goes, that was tacked on in the middle of the night by dems. Everything else in that bill was a huge plus for gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

Nope. He was diagnosed AFTER he supported the AWB. It was just a few years after he left office and he was 100% fine mentally, and he is just a moderate. Prove me wrong...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]
He is a great Ohio  Governor just like fat ass is a great NJ  Governor BUT NO fucking way I want them as a president
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:13:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well.... sort of.

He says the bill was a mistake. He hasn't actually said (at least in the interviews I've read) that his vote on it was a mistake.

It's the one thing that I've heard about him so far that keeps me from liking him as a candidate.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:42:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Rubio said it was a mistake to vote on immigration
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nope. He was diagnosed AFTER he supported the AWB. It was just a few years after he left office and he was 100% fine mentally, and he is just a moderate. Prove me wrong...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

The AWB was not done under Reagan's term for one. The ban was in 1994, so I would like to know how a man that left office in 1989 was president during a ban that took place 5 years later. Reagan was starting to suffer from Alzheimer's symptoms in his last years of office. In fact, he was officially diagnosed in 1994. He did offer support of the Brady Bill as early as 1991, but, there are multiple dozens of witnesses that even as early as 1986 said that Reagan did not recognize them, including all four of Reagan's white house doctors. or had very fuzzy memories, or issues associated with early onset of the disease. So even if you go back to his 1991 support of the Brady Bill, you will have had Reagan with medical issues for several years prior. By the time the AWB was being lobbied and he offered support, he was already a major sufferer.

Would you like more proof?

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, he fucked up...........at least he admitted it and turned it around.

Jury is still out on whether he really changed his tune for anything other than votes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So did Reagan

Yep.

Bullshit.  They knew perfectly well that the guns they banned were used in a very small percentage of gun crimes.

The AWB was all about frightening people and looking like they were doing something to combat crime, when the goal was to control The People's rights.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  They knew perfectly well that the guns they banned were used in a very small percentage of gun crimes.

The AWB was all about frightening people and looking like they were doing something to combat crime, when the goal was to control The People's rights.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

Yep

I believe the only candidates in the race that supported AWB's are

Kasich
Christie
Trump

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's his history gun being either anti or pro gun?
View Quote

Yes, he voted for the ban in 1994, but he has seen the error of his ways.  

Since he has been governor of OH, he has signed without waiver every pro gun piece of legislation that has crossed his desk.  Ohio now has some of the most liberal (in the true sense of the word) gun laws in the the country.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He is a great Ohio  Governor just like fat ass is a great NJ  Governor BUT NO fucking way I want them as a president
View Quote

I like the cut of your jib sir.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

How old are you?

I'm guessing not old enough to remember anything from the 80s other than the rubik's cube and Muppet Babies cartoons.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#44]
He gets forgiven but Bill Ruger still gets bashed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How old are you?

I'm guessing not old enough to remember anything from the 80s other than the rubik's cube and Muppet Babies cartoons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did Reagan

Yep.

How old are you?

I am 67.  I like Reagan but his running from Beirut is unforgivable, but I ain't calling him a douche of any kind.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've said this for a while. He's been GREAT for gun owners in Ohio (I voted for him as Governor twice and I'd do it again if I could), but I'm reasonably certain it's because he knows it's basically a requirement in Ohio these days. His predecessor (a Democrat) was fairly solid on the 2A as well - better than the Republican that preceded him, as a matter of fact. I seriously doubt that was a principled position on his part, either - just political reality in Ohio.

It will take a lot to convince me he's doing it for reasons other than political expediency. I don't think he's truly a pro 2A guy. I also don't give a shit, as long as he keeps signing pro-gun bills one after another in Ohio, like he has been.

I don't hate him as our Governor (and I'm also enjoying the tax cuts he's championed, along with the $2B budget surplus), but I really can't support him for President.
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you Sub, Kasich has been a good Governor and signed pro gun legislation. I don't think he'll get the nomination. IMO.....He has a shot for the VP nod.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Christie signed legislation banning .50 caliber rifles.  Are you OK with that?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure about that?  Everything I find says he vetoed that.

Christie altered two bills, sending them back to the Legislature — a massive measure (S2723) known as state Senate President Stephen Sweeney’s “centerpiece” to overhaul the way the state issues firearms ID cards, and legislation to require New Jersey law enforcement agencies to report information on lost, stolen and discarded guns to federal databases (A3797).

But the governor completely axed a bill that would ban the Barrett .50 caliber rifle(A3659), which is the most powerful weapon commonly available to civilians. Christie had called for a ban on future sales of the weapon in his own package of violent prevention measures outlined in April.

In his veto message delivered this evening, Christie said that his proposal to ban the weapon was more narrowly tailored than the bill the Legislature passed, which would have also required owners to give them up.

“Tellingly, the Legislature points to no instance of this class of firearms being used by even a single criminal in New Jersey,” Christie wrote. “The wide scope of this total ban, therefore, will not further public safety, but only interfere with lawful recreational pastimes.”

Christie started his career as a gun banner and is a POS but did he ban .50 caliber firearms as he wanted or did he actually veto the ban as every article I can find with Google claims?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top