BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come on Cruz, get your people under control.

Cruz 2016
View Quote

They are under control.  He supports this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

PACs can do what they please. Cruz could ask them to stop but they don't have to.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

PACs can do what they please. Cruz could ask them to stop but they don't have to.

Could be another candidates people doing it to make him look bad also .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

Whatever it takes, the end justifies the means.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the goal is to get more people at the polls, so be it. I support it. We have no way of knowing how they will vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever dude, your desperation is palpable... No proof Cruz is behind this, and voting information is public from one easily accessible single point - the Board of Elections. Every campaign I ever worked on (and that's dozens) had walking sheets of party enrollees, and included information on the last time they voted... And any citizen could walk into the BOE and get the same information.

Says the person excusing the behavior, even though you don't think he did it.  What if it was Trump that did it this time?  Are you going to be defending Trump's actions or will you be attacking him for it?
If you see above, I stated that I don't think Cruz put this out.  It looks cheap and rushed.  Something that a candidate with limited funds would put.

If the goal is to get more people at the polls, so be it. I support it. We have no way of knowing how they will vote.

It's called targeted marketing.  If Republicans of a certain age, gender, and living in certain areas favor Cruz 60% over everyone else, then you send that mailer to that specific audience.  If 100% that received the mailer show up Cruz then benefits with nearly 2/3 of the votes.

The Democrats do something similar around here.  They don't include your neighbors voting record, they just include your voting record.  My ex-wife receives one of their mailers but I don't.  Why?  Because women tend to vote Democrat at a higher rate then men.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz 2016

I've already posted that I don't think Cruz is behind this.  The letter is unpolished and looks rushed.  If Cruz did it, then his campaign has really gone down hill.

One of the names that the mailer was sent to is a person that applied to be a candidate for delegate to the Republican state convention.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
For fuck sake. This tactic is used by almost every fucking campaign in every election for the last 20 years.

The campaigns hire companies that specialize In Get out the vote stuff.  Typically they send these things to areas that statistically support their brand but don't vote.   The alternative is to drive a bus to their home on election day and shame the while neighborhood to show.  The dems do that after the mailers go out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh fuck! Mailers!
The people who get bent over these mailers are the same ones that get angry when the NRA sends them mail.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

For fuck sake. This tactic is used by almost every fucking campaign in every election for the last 20 years.
View Quote

So you are excusing the behavior?  What if it was one of the other candidates who made it look like Cruz did it.  Will you still not care?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

Like helping left wing politicians get elected so you can build stuff?  Do you even have a moral compass, or is it permanently busted?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So you are excusing the behavior?  What if it was one of the other candidates who made it look like Cruz did it.  Will you still not care?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's lame but I understand it.  It wouldn't stop me from supporting a candidate.  Especially one like Cruz.  The ONLY person who has proven notnto be a chameleon that will stab us in the back.  The FIRST of the whole group to advocate building a wall and stop illegals.  Strongest on 2a, liberty, constitution issues.  Calls for the resignation of corrupt rhinos.  

Why would I toss a guy out like that just for trying to win. Over junkmail.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like helping left wing politicians get elected so you can build stuff?  Do you even have a moral compass, or is it permanently busted?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

Ouch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

CruzBots have been trollin' it up lately.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

Are you directing that at me personally?

If so, post up my personal donation history or STFU.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

They're certainly hysterical in their language.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I checked the voter registration of my neighbors and found out who the libtards are
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I wanted to bring up something you've said personally I would've mentioned how you'll vote for the democrats if Trump isn't nominated.  What I was referring to was you not having a problem with Trump's donations, but now acting all morally and ethically superior when it comes to Cruz's tactics.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If I wanted to bring up something you've said personally I would've mentioned how you'll vote for the democrats if Trump isn't nominated.  What I was referring to was you not having a problem with Trump's donations, but now acting all morally and ethically superior when it comes to Cruz's tactics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least you've made an admission here.  That's the first step.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Why is it even considered a bad thing?

If you're worried about people getting out to vote then you need to reevaluate your campaign.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#19]
If you read the story, it's obvious the guy is lying.  

I bet the guy in the story is a Trump supporter, and I bet he made it himself.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just proves that the lying Trumpeteers here are not above making shit up out of whole cloth. You smell that? Folks that's Grade A desperation!
View Quote

How's it desperation when your guys numbers are in the  toilet and trumps on top of everybody ?

Like it's been said before Iowa sucks at picking the next president !!!  Cruz = 1 hit wonder !!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

More than one person received them.  How does that fit your narrative?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruzbots are gonna troll that's how they roll!

They're still under the illusion that Iowa is am accurate gauge of who will win the nomination ,
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I would find it more likely that a Rubio supporter sent them out hoping that Cruz would get the heat after his campaign sent out the ones in Iowa.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They're still under the illusion that Iowa is am accurate gauge of who will win the nomination ,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've made one, and only one, prediction regarding this campaign cycle:

Cruz will not win the nomination.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I would find it more likely that a Rubio supporter sent them out hoping that Cruz would get the heat after his campaign sent out the ones in Iowa.
View Quote

I would give Rubio more credit than that.  The letter looks like it is a rush job from a candidate with little money and finesse.  Look at the "Jeb Can Fix It" sign.  The letter is about the same quality as that sign.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz 2016

"Amoral"  is the word you're looking for.

And when speaking of the Trump supporters' "desperation" in the face of the polls ( which actually show Trump way out in front, and Cruz  pulling somewhere back  in the pack) they are Orwellian as well.

Coming soon to a Trump Basher's posts........"New  Hampshire doesn't mean a damned thing."

Cruz s top dog here on GD but in the real world, his campaign is going nowhere.

BTW: I have no idea whose campaign would be foolish enough to send out that sort of mailers after they blew up inCruz's face and tainted his showing in Iowa.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#28]
But wait, there's more!

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is out with a deceptive new mailer that masquerades as official government business and promises people there's a "check enclosed" when it's actually asking for money instead.

A New Jersey resident sent The Huffington Post the latest piece of mail he received from Cruz's campaign. The envelope appears to have come from Cruz's Senate office and has his name printed the same way it often is for Senate business. In small type the mailer clarifies that it is for "personal" matters and was not sent at taxpayers' expense. It also promises a check.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But wait, there's more!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
But wait, there's more!

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is out with a deceptive new mailer that masquerades as official government business and promises people there's a "check enclosed" when it's actually asking for money instead.

A New Jersey resident sent The Huffington Post the latest piece of mail he received from Cruz's campaign. The envelope appears to have come from Cruz's Senate office and has his name printed the same way it often is for Senate business. In small type the mailer clarifies that it is for "personal" matters and was not sent at taxpayers' expense. It also promises a check.

That HAS to be fake...but what if it isn't.

Watching the Cruz aplogist's here on GD trying to spin that away would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

But wait, there's more!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

But wait, there's more!

Yeah I just came across that article myself.  The article's accusations are over blown.  Their argument about it being illegal or deceptive comes from the letter not naming who the donors are that will match the donations.  It's liberals being liberals and exaggerating the truth to make the Republican's look bad.  I'll give him a pass on this one.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It's the exact same thing he was doing in IA.  I'm sure it'll come out that it's him.

And this one looks even more official than the IA mailer.

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-1-e1454965737171.jpg

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-2-e1454965769920.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No picture of anything Cruz related or any proof he mailed the letters in this article. And yet some people gobble this shit up.

It's the exact same thing he was doing in IA.  I'm sure it'll come out that it's him.

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-1-e1454965737171.jpg

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-2-e1454965769920.jpg
I still don't see the link to Cruz, could be Trump, could be Hillary doing this.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://7373-presscdn-0-43-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shaming-public-policy-matters-389x640.png

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/56b923cc1f00007f00217955.jpeg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2016/02/08/us/politics/08firstdraft-shame/08firstdraft-shame-tmagArticle.jpg  

The guy who first tweeted it is an activist.  I bet he made it.  Just wait...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't really care too much, as long as Cruz takes off his holier-than-thou slippers and puts on a pair of just-like-all-the-rest boots.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I still don't see the link to Cruz, could be Trump, could be Hillary doing this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No picture of anything Cruz related or any proof he mailed the letters in this article. And yet some people gobble this shit up.

Could also be a complete hoax or false flag.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Again, why is this even controversial?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

So you are defending it?  Did you register your support of the Texas newspaper publishing the addresses of all the police officers?  If states have their CCW holders info public do you support publishing that information?

In all three situations the reason for publishing the information is one group trying to intimidate another group.  Just because something is public doesn't mean the people compiling and publishing it have good intentions.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So you are defending it?  Did you register your support of the Texas newspaper publishing the addresses of all the police officers?  If states have their CCW holders info public do you support publishing that information?

In all three situations the reason for publishing the information is one group trying to intimidate another group.  Just because something is public doesn't mean the people compiling and publishing it have good intentions.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to answer a question with a question?

Intimidate? I would say that's a stretch. More like trying to get people out to vote. Why does that scare you?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#38]
These kind of mailers are pretty common and have been use in the past by other candidates. This is a non-issue.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Intimidate? I would say that's a stretch. More like trying to get people out to vote. Why does that scare you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not in a union so that doesn't scare me.  Ask the members of the UAW how they feel about it.

The intimidation of the vote isn't as bad as the intimidation of the police officers but it is still there.  In Iowa the Cruz campaign targeted a specific audience that would be more likely to vote for him.  The letter in NH if not sent by Cruz was sent to a targeted audience in an attempt to anger/manipulate them not to vote for Cruz.  If that is the case it is very close to election fraud by whatever candidate did it.  If Cruz is responsible, well then he is an idiot.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a distinct difference between mailing a letter containing things which are of public record and publishing lists in the newspaper to identify a specific group of people and possibly entice people that would do them harm.

Hell, you can go online and get my property tax records and send me 'mortgage insurance' advertisements from that information. This is no different.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

These kind of mailers are pretty common and have been use in the past by other candidates. This is a non-issue.
View Quote

Show me one.  I've never seen one or heard of one that lists your neighbors.  I've seen the post card from a Democrat organization that displays my ex-wife's non-voting record but it didn't include the neighbors.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Show me one.  I've never seen one or heard of one that lists your neighbors.  I've seen the post card from a Democrat organization that displays my ex-wife's non-voting record but it didn't include the neighbors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of pussy sends out mailers like that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

There is a distinct difference between mailing a letter containing things which are of public record and publishing lists in the newspaper to identify a specific group of people and possibly entice people that would do them harm.

Hell, you can go online and get my property tax records and send me 'mortgage insurance' advertisements from that information. This is no different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if I mailed your property tax information to everyone in the bad part of your town, letting them know the value of your place?  Still fine with it?  Again, just because something is public doesn't mean it could be compiled and dispersed to others.  I think dispersing the information in all three scenarios is a bad thing.  If Trump was doing it, and I hope he has no connection to the NH letter, I would be just as critical of him doing it.  If Trump did send the NH letter it will mark the beginning of his downfall.

The letter reeks of desperation, something that Jeb would do to show he is still relevant.  If Jeb could beat Cruz in NH then he would show his supporters that he has a chance.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone that operates on the same level as the Democrats.  They do it for intimidation of people in Unions.  Maybe that's why I haven't seen too many here, not a big union state.  If Huffing Post is calling it Voter Shaming then it doesn't sound like it a popular and routine type of mailer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's called targeted marketing.  If Republicans of a certain age, gender, and living in certain areas favor Cruz 60% over everyone else, then you send that mailer to that specific audience.  If 100% that received the mailer show up Cruz then benefits with nearly 2/3 of the votes.

The Democrats do something similar around here.  They don't include your neighbors voting record, they just include your voting record.  My ex-wife receives one of their mailers but I don't.  Why?  Because women tend to vote Democrat at a higher rate then men.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever dude, your desperation is palpable... No proof Cruz is behind this, and voting information is public from one easily accessible single point - the Board of Elections. Every campaign I ever worked on (and that's dozens) had walking sheets of party enrollees, and included information on the last time they voted... And any citizen could walk into the BOE and get the same information.

Says the person excusing the behavior, even though you don't think he did it.  What if it was Trump that did it this time?  Are you going to be defending Trump's actions or will you be attacking him for it?

If you see above, I stated that I don't think Cruz put this out.  It looks cheap and rushed.  Something that a candidate with limited funds would put.

I'm well aware of how it works. It's smart campaigning if the goal is to turn out your supporters. But as you point out, you can turn out the opposition as well. Much more of a risk in a primary than the general.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty easy to find, from 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/01/political-mailers-social-pressure-_n_2060427.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#47]
The damn Canadians have taken over this thread!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Good.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Cruz is turning into a real dickhead.
View Quote

Nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Christ, we're all becoming unhinged.  Both sides, put down the kool aid and step back a bit.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top