Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Druggies are one of the scourges of society.  Someone who needs drugs like that is better served by walking off a cliff with waiting carnivores at the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
... oh heavens no
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you figure?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No feaking way cocain should be legal.   Shit's pure evil.

How do you figure?

Blow is evil this I know, for the bible tells me so.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No.  Druggies are one of the scourges of society.  Someone who needs drugs like that is better served by walking off a cliff with waiting carnivores at the bottom.
View Quote

Takes a sip of "his" scotch and a drag from a cigarette
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep. It should. Along with everything else.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes.  Punish people for their already illegal actions rather than their possessions.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
legalizing vice is culturally suicidal
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't we have a member who recently lost his daughter to OD?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure

As soon as welfare drug testing equals no welfare and junkies are no longer
Getting federally mandated medical care or funerals.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#10]
what about prescription drugs? should they need a prescription or should it be assumed that I know what and how to administer anything to myself?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Damn. No shit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cocaine is nearly 600% cheaper now than it was in 1981. Prohibition isn't working.

Damn. No shit?

It was as high as $600 gram and now can be had as low as $80. Keep in mind,$600 adjusted for inflation is over $1500 now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#12]
YES.

I would have NO PROBLEM stepping over the dead bodies of drug addicts with no self control on my way to work in the morning.

That's EXACTLY the way it should be.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me add,

Adderall is legal.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cocaine is nearly 600% cheaper now than it was in 1981. Prohibition isn't working.

Damn. No shit?

link

That shit was easily found in high school (class of 85) and I knew some dumbasses that were doing it. Nobody was paying anywhere near that much in the 80s.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#15]
You can live a pretty normal and productive life while using coke recreationally.. Just like alcohol, or nicotine, or pot. So yeah, I don't have a problem with it being legal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#16]
It is legal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell yeah. If we ever achieve full legalization, I intend to market cocaine fortified coffee.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

People are already big enough assholes without it.  That's the last thing we need is to get them all coked up.  Sexual assaults will go through the roof.
View Quote

Depends on who's partying.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

At this point, what difference does it make?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, stop wasting money on the war on drugs, if people want to kill themselves thats their problem.
View Quote

As long as all of the people who say that all drugs should be legal have the addicts live with them so they get to experience the havoc that they wreak on their families.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

like gambling, alcoholism and houses of ill repute?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
What?  Are you trying to tell me it isn't?  Those goddamn hookers have been lying to me again!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's schedule 2, and it comes in 4% and 10% solutions.
View Quote

a long time ago, in the 70s i worked in a drug store as a stockboy and pharm tech. we used to order 1 ounce cocaine HCL (powder) for around 30 bucks a ounce. we made a solution that mixed cocaine and morphine and some other stuff into a solution that was used orally by terminally ill cancer patents. the morphine killed the pain and the cocaine kept the patient somewhat alert.

a while back i was in a pharmacy and looked up the wholesale cost of cocaine and it was 2 or 3k an ounce. im guessing the powdered form is very rarely if ever seen these days. im in ga. and back in the day their was a pharmacist, i think in macon that was buying the stuff and giving it to the allman brothers.

i used to have an empty cocaine HCL bottle from merck that i lost. i wished i had kept it. had some old bndd bottles with federal taxstamps (bureau of narcotics and dangerous drugs which was replaced by the dea in the late 60s).

and yes it should all be legal. users should be treated as medical problems not law enforcement problems. it simply creates a market where the most violent folks prosper and a lot of the money goes to topple governments and fund terrorists.

i've been around since the 60s and i've seen all manner of drug abuse, both of legal and illegal drugs. folks wanna use they do.

btw meth (methamphetamine) is legal too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

GD never fails to deliver.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Sure, war on drugs is pointless, personally not a fan of it, i just like how it smells.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes.

I've never used the stuff and have no intention of ever doing so if the opportunity arises.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd rather cocaine than marijuana if I had to choose.
View Quote

I'd get both. Not all the time mind you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People are already big enough assholes without it.  That's the last thing we need is to get them all coked up.  Sexual assaults will go through the roof.

Pretty much if your an asshole to start with, coke is not going to change that
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#31]
It should be a State issue.

The Federal governments only roles in the regulation of any drugs should be medical research and information, safety and purity standards, factual labeling requirements, and importation/exportation regulation.

Criminality, legality, restrictions and enforcment of regulations should all be State issues.

Personally, I do not want to legalize it. I also don't want secret police knocking down doors over it. There's a middle ground in that false dichotomy. I also respect the legitimate power of other States to make their own decision on the matter.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Technically, it already is legal.

It's a schedule 2 drug, used as a topical anesthetic in a lot of nasal surgery.

Comes in a liquid form.
View Quote
Can you write me a prescription for some, doc?  Please...need it for my irritated sinuses

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can you write me a prescription for some, doc?  Please...need it for my irritated sinuses  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Comes in a liquid form.

They prescribed it to my sister after her sinus surgery.  That was in the mid 90s.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes because the war on drugs has been a disaster doing more harm than the drugs it unsuccessfully was suppose to stop, in fact it has propagated drug use by moving it to the black market. Just like prohibition made organized crime, the drug war has done the same.

Look at say 1890 vs now; US society when there were no drug laws. Was crime lower? Was society smarter? Was taxes lower? Were freedoms greater? Were 1890 teens dying from OD in the streets?

Prohibition helped to usher the 1934 gun control act (MG tax/ban). Prior to the organized crime that prohibition created were gangsters mowing each other down with Tommy guns? No. Just like the drug dealing black market helps to propagate much of the gun crime now that can be used to push for more gun control.

I'd rather the resources were used to chase down murders, rapists and thieves.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As having Libertarian views I say sure.

Not my thing though..
View Quote

Fpni
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#36]
A better way of posing this would really be "do you want your government to spend time/effort/man power/lives/your money regulating _______" where you can fill in the blank with whatever you please.

The list of things that could go in the _____ and result in an affirmative would be relatively short.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Legalize all drugs.  Prohibition is stupid.

This is one of the issues I changed my mind over time.  I used to fervently support the drug war but now I realize just how foolish it is.  Of course, it's hard to win on a "legalize everything" platform in the GOP.
View Quote

This.  I have zero problem with drugs being illegal but when the enforcement of those laws is not only utterly ineffective but being used as an excuse to infringe people's rights then it's time to try something different.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
YES.

I would have NO PROBLEM stepping over the dead bodies of drug addicts with no self control on my way to work in the morning.

That's EXACTLY the way it should be.
View Quote

You FINALLY said something that I can agree with.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The family of a junky goes through a lot, no fault of their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All drugs should be legal. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out and start shooting heroin, but if someone wants to do it in their own home without harming someone else then they should be able to do it.

The family of a junky goes through a lot, no fault of their own.

So does the family of an alcoholic.  If only we would have prohibited the manufacturing and distribution of alcohol, so many lives could have been saved.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
They prescribed it to my sister after her sinus surgery.  That was in the mid 90s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Comes in a liquid form.

I had sinus surgery but only got Atavan ( a benzodiazepine ).  

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a feeling that keeping some people incarcerated is a huge multibillion per year business.

The trailer for "American Drug War:  The Last White Hope":

I say legalize everything.

What has happened to pot street prices in states like Colorado that have marijuana dispensaries?

If the street price drops to the point that thugs and gang bangers no longer are intersted and no longer fight over turf, would that NOT be a good thing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes legalize it and all drugs.  We don't have enough addicted , numb, high/stoned, people amongst us.

It's no one's business what someone else does..... until they kill you or a loved one in an accident or while committing a robbery to support their habit.  We should have the government supply the drugs, that way we can cut down on the associated negative behavior the drug addicted embrace.

We should also stop any law suit that may arise when a drug addicted doctor, nurse, etc. fucks up and kills someone.

We don't have enough addicted, abused, hungry, forgotten children out there.

Yes, we should remove ALL stigma of drug abuse..... all drugs should be legalized and in effect have the government and society condone and encourage their use.

AND, in a perfect world, we could all stop working and remain high and in a state of bliss.

We could reach the utopia so many of us want...... we could become a country where no one works and money falls from the sky....... those of us that do work wouldn't mind our health care premiums going up by a factor of 10 to pay for the health problems so many of the drug addicted experience.

Yes, lets legalize it and take away any and all stigma of drug use...... let's promote the use of drugs and condone it. All the problems that would arise can be easily dealt with.
View Quote

They can't keep drugs out of prison.  (Let that sink in for a few seconds)  Please explain in detail how you expect a government that is unable to keep drugs out of the most restricted society known to mankind will be able to keep drugs out of a free society.

I'd prefer having junkies kicking in my door looking for a fix  than the police kicking in my door looking for some drugs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

yup

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As having Libertarian views I say sure.

Not my thing though..

yup

yep.  I don't want anything to do with it, but prohibition seems to cause more problems than it solves + costs a shit ton of $.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Anybody who wants it now can get it now. Before 1914, anyone who wanted it could get it legally by the pound at the dry goods store. Currently, the principal downside to cocaine use is legal intervention.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#46]
It would be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't know anything about it now...but I might have known some people who might have known something about it back in 1981, back when Paul Newman was at Studio 54 wearing a silver razor blade on a chain.

No flame bro...but I'm having a hard time following your math...

..and do I think it should be legal? Yeah, the stuff will cull its own herds. Heart attack and stroke mostly from what I hear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. No shit?

I don't know anything about it now...but I might have known some people who might have known something about it back in 1981, back when Paul Newman was at Studio 54 wearing a silver razor blade on a chain.

No flame bro...but I'm having a hard time following your math...

..and do I think it should be legal? Yeah, the stuff will cull its own herds. Heart attack and stroke mostly from what I hear.

Are you implying Paul Newman was a coke-head? He was an alcoholic, but I've never heard of him using other drugs. 1981 would have been several years after his son OD'd on cocaine, alcohol and prescription pills. Probably around the time frame he got involved with the anti-drug campaign.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Fpni

Decriminialized. Not condoning or condemning by government.

Otherwise our neighbors decide what we can ingest, something that isn't injurious to others.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Legalize everything. Let these mofos OD.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#50]
My waistline says yeah. But the rest of my life says Hell no. I liked that shit way too much.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top