Page / 5
Posted: 2/7/2016 9:44:58 AM EDT
Rant over.  I know, 1/10.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you think they're making fun of you?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
my workplace is full of non-english speakers..some days all i hear is Chinese being spoken all day long..

I think I am turning into some kind of racist as a result as I have come to loathe anything that has to do with that culture.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Now you understand why Europeans get annoyed when American tourists speak loudly in English.

I say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. If you can't speak the local language, just try to be quiet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I know right! Let's force everyone to only speak English amongst themselves. We can't let people choose what language to speak.

To the gulag work camps, all of them!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know right! Let's force everyone to only speak English amongst themselves. We can't let people choose what language to speak.

View Quote

Shut up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now you understand why Europeans get annoyed when American tourists speak loudly in English.

I say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. If you can't speak the local language, just try to be quiet.
View Quote

When we are in Europe, we are participating in commerce as visitors.

Fuck Europe.

And fuck non English speakers in America.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

People visiting should get a pass on not being able to speak English..

Coming here to work full time ?  Motherfuckers should integrate and learn to speak the language.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shut up.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut up.

That's the spirit!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

If only they were this polite, or educated.

Yup. Ask millions upon millions of parasites. America is for everyone. No culture. No language. No border.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Yo puedo hablar otra idiomas, no tengo ningun problema con personas que no peudan hablar Ingles.
Pero OP es una senorita que se queja mucho.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Coming here to work full time ?  Motherfuckers should integrate and learn to speak the language.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

America is for work or welfare.

There is no need to become an American.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

If they speak English, they're definitely trying to scam you anyway.

Rome looks better on the internet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this. I don't give a fuck if you make up your own language, as long as you can also communicate in english when needed.

Chances are if I'm out in public and really notice and have trouble ignoring a particular person or group it's because they are very annoying and it doesn't matter what language they're speaking.

But when I worked on ships the crew was only allowed to speak English infront of guests. To avoid "rants" like OPs got.

I worked around people speaking many different languages at any given time. The real trick is to not give a fuck even if they are talking about you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#14]
This bitch hates that, too...

Woman who smashed Muslim’s face with Applebee’s beer mug won’t face hate crime charges — here’s why

The 43-year-old Burchard-Risch angrily confronted Jama because the Muslim woman spoke Swahili with her family at a neighboring booth at the restaurant.

Jama, an ethnic Somali who came to Minnesota in 2000 from Kenya, said Burchard-Risch and her husband told her family to “go home.”

“When you’re in America you should speak English,” the woman said her attacker told her.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Well yesterday there was this hot French lady in front of me at the supermarket check out
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Free country and all. Speak whatever you want. Keep to your cultural roots......

However......

Also understand what language gets business done in the US and at least put forth the effort to attempt to learn it. And don't get all frustrated and pissed off if, after twenty years, nobody will deal with your shit because you were to lazy to try. I'm not saying to give up your native language, but don't ask everyone to bend over for you. Here's a hint....... Take a class.....show you are trying and you'll find people are willing to help you.

I see that all the time here with the Hmongs here in the upper midwest. We're getting into the third generation here and while the oldest members came in the 70's, not many have even tried. They are mostly leeches on society due to their absolute refusal to assimilate. It pays to play the victim. Their kids are now in their 40's and can do pretty well. The grandkids are pretty well assimilated.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Rant over.  I know, 1/10.
View Quote

You have no right to be free from being annoyed or offended.  People can fucking speak Klingon if they want to.  MYOB.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't bother me at all. It's a free country you know.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I dont care what they do when talking among themselves. However, I think all governmental interactions and forms should be in English, and also that we should start foreign language classes much younger in america.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#20]
OP. There is a difference between speaking another language in public and not knowing English.

Do you have a problem with people speaking another language in front of you when the conversation does not involve you? Would you like to force them to speak a language that you understand when you are not even part of that conversation?

I speak 3 languages, and some times its easier to speak a specific language with certain individuals.

Hypothetically, if I am talking to those certain individuals walking down the street and I pass you by, I really don't give a shit that you don't understand me. However, if you are part of our group, walking with us, we are not going to be speaking a language that you don't understand out of courtesy.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#21]
OP, stay out of Miami.....English is barely spoken and often, if you don't speak spanish, you're out of luck ordering food, etc...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#22]
¿Qué?  No entiendo lo que ha dicho.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Get use to it. It's gonna happen a lot more in the future.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x1,000
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope not the same thing. If your visiting that's one thing,you live and work in a foreign country assimilate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Get use to it. It's gonna happen a lot more in the future.
View Quote

Thank you, Dummycrats.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OP. There is a difference between speaking another language in public and not knowing English.

Do you have a problem with people speaking another language in front of you when the conversation does not involve you? Would you like to force them to speak a language that you understand when you are not even part of that conversation?

I speak 3 languages, and some times its easier to speak a specific language with certain individuals.
Hypothetically, if I am talking to those certain individuals walking down the street and I pass you by, I really don't give a shit that you don't understand me. However, if you are part of our group, walking with us, we are not going to be speaking a language that you don't understand out of courtesy.
View Quote

That's about the size of it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#28]
The 1st Amendment is just as important as the 2nd!

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
This I agree with. Also, outside of airports/ports/border crossings/etc (places where you expect international tourists/workers), English should be the only language used for signs and documents. English should be our national language. If you're going to move here and live here and work here, at least be able to speak and understand basic English. I don't care if you want to talk to others in your native tongue, just don't expect me to learn it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

my workplace is full of non-english speakers..some days all i hear is Chinese being spoken all day long..

I think I am turning into some kind of racist as a result as I have come to loathe anything that has to do with that culture.
View Quote

so you're boycotting Panda Express?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
State is looking at giving me a 3% raise since I don't speak English.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't speak english, or able to speak an additional language?

But seeing at you're most likely in Miami I would think it would be out of the norm for an officer to not speak English and Spanish.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#33]
America is made up of people that don't speak English.

Puerto Rico, Northern Marianas Islands, Guam, various Native American Reservations, Alaskan Inuit, etc....

Don't like it? Then the English-speaking forefathers shouldn't have conquered, bought, invaded, or captured those lands and peoples and made them Americans.

Hell, the majority of America was either Spanish or French Territory. There are Spanish-speaking people who can trace their families back to when the lands they live on were Spanish territorial colonies. Old Empire Spanish in New Mexico and California and Tejanos in Texas.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No just PF Changs

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#35]
The OP annoys me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I guess the OP have never left the country
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

But seeing at you're most likely in Miami I would think it would be out of the norm for an officer to not speak English and Spanish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in North Florida at the moment.... half the folks up here speak a fucked up butchered version of English.

I truly wish they had subtitles sometimes. The SLOW SOUTHERN DRAWL is a bitch sometimes to understand.

The further west I go the more creole it becomes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yo puedo hablar otra idiomas, no tengo ningun problema con personas que no peudan hablar Ingles. Pero OP es una senorita que se queja mucho.
View Quote

Pinche gringo
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

No just PF Changs

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No just PF Changs

PF Chang tastes like deep fried ass.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Yo puedo hablar otra idiomas, no tengo ningun problema con personas que no peudan hablar Ingles. Pero OP es una senorita que se queja mucho.

View Quote
Who let you out of the kitchen?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#41]
CSB
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Es todo fino y elegante hasta que su país se convierte en un tercer agujero de mierda putos mundo debido a los ilegales
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#43]
What a bunch of delicate flowers.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Tôi ?ng h? t? do ngôn lu?n và b?t c? ai mà nghi khác là phân bi?t ch?ng t?c

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest answer?  After having to smell for the past 18 years what the non english speakers I work with bring to lunch  on a daily basis, you couldn't get me to eat Chinese food if you had a gun to my head...

The smells that emanate from the break room at lunch are nauseating.

Honestly, it's simply amazing that they can't find more Americans to work in the Sciences...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#47]
See my sig line.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Honest answer?  After having to smell for the past 18 years what the non english speakers I work with bring to lunch  on a daily basis, you couldn't get me to eat Chinese food if you had a gun to my head...

Honestly, it's simply amazing that they can't find more Americans to work in the Sciences...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they have found that Americans complain too much about silly stuff...like the smell coming out of the break room.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

English was not my first language,do you feel cheated by this reply?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
America is made up of people that don't speak English.

Puerto Rico, Northern Marianas Islands, Guam, various Native American Reservations, Alaskan Inuit, etc....

Don't like it? Then the English-speaking forefathers shouldn't have conquered, bought, invaded, or captured those lands and peoples and made them Americans.

Hell, the majority of America was either Spanish or French Territory. There are Spanish-speaking people who can trace their families back to when the lands they live on were Spanish territorial colonies. Old Empire Spanish in New Mexico and California and Tejanos in Texas.

View Quote

A very good argument could be made that the US would be healthier if it had not taken waged the Spanish American War.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top