Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Really this day in age video should be what we use to validate these types of challenges.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really this day in age video should be what we use to validate these types of challenges.

View Quote
Heck, why not video, and a course of fire that replicates CCW shooting, as the OP has dictated the weapon used be a CCW, instead of square range target shooting.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
25 yards off hand with my completely stock CZ SP-01 Tactical. 11 pound DA pull and 6 pound SA. Federal 115 gr ball ammo. 10 shots fired with 9 hits. I'm assuming I pushed the first shot low, which was double action.

I've gotten slightly better results with my Wilson Combat 92A1, but I don't have proof. Flame away.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Heck, why not video, and a course of fire that replicates CCW shooting, as the OP has dictated the weapon used be a CCW, instead of square range target shooting.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa now buddy. Aren't you one of the guys making training claims and 100$ an hr rates?
I think a vid from you is probably way overdue. I have watched a few of Vickers/Costa/McNamara/ect and I need to know if you fit in that category
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
25 yards off hand with my completely stock CZ SP-01 Tactical. 11 pound DA pull and 6 pound SA. Federal 115 gr ball ammo. 10 shots fired with 9 hits. I'm assuming I pushed the first shot low, which was double action.

I've gotten slightly better results with my Wilson Combat 92A1, but I don't have proof. Flame away.

http://s12.postimg.org/stzzh1ix9/image.jpg
View Quote

No need to flame away since you didn't make crazy claims and actually have results
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because loading videos on to youtube takes a hell of a long time, at least for me they do. Besides out of the thousands of members here only a few care enough to stroke their own egos and answers these challenges. The very best and worst shooters here don't care about these things, it's us mediocre shooters that answer the call.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No need to flame away since you didn't make crazy claims and actually have results
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Any day shooting is better than a good day at work.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

depends on the job
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

depends on the job
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

depends on the job

True, your job is pretty badass.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Whoa now buddy. Aren't you one of the guys making training claims and 100$ an hr rates?

I think a vid from you is probably way overdue. I have watched a few of Vickers/Costa/McNamara/ect and I need to know if you fit in that category
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't at all, that's just what my rate I was offering to the OP, who clearly got his panties in twist about it because "oh my god instructor icons!"

My billable rate was $100 an hour at the range I worked at, the take home was like $75. Classes worked out to be about $20 an hour.

Plus, my video's have no purpose here, because it's not 50' on a square range shooing CCW pistols at bullseye targets.

(I was CRSO at SSNW in Bothell Wa for those from the area who shot there when it was just a guy named Parker and myself running the show)
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not bad.  That's good enough to get you on the list of honor.   Thank you for rising up to the challenge.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not bad.  That's good enough to get you on the list of honor.   Thank you for rising up to the challenge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet.

I've been meaning to try it with my P2000 which is my normal carry gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sweet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet.

You're entitled to enter a second target using a different CCW if you want a try at increasing your arfcom cred some more.  Same rules.  

And for those thinking I'm making that up on the fly -- it's been in the official rules.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IPSC target at 5'?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
IPSC target at 5'?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IPSC target at 5'?
That sounds more like IDPA LOL (which I've ironically shot at a practice league with a bullseye 1911 so pretty much the inverse of the OP)

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My prediction is that all the people who felt the need to come in this thread and say my shooting sucks, and that I called out to put up or shut up, won't produce anything because they are all talk and can't shoot worth a shit.
View Quote

Some of us aren't enjoying the comforts of home sir, and thus may not be all up and able to bang out the challenge.

Your shooting could use a fair amount of work, but I like having you because you are another "gun nut" and I'll take every gun nut we have.

For the challenge? I would hope after a decade here I larned a thing or two about shooting.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Some of us aren't enjoying the comforts of home sir, and thus may not be all up and able to bang out the challenge.

Your shooting could use a fair amount of work, but I like having you because you are another "gun nut" and I'll take every gun nut we have.

For the challenge? I would hope after a decade here I larned a thing or two about shooting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My prediction is that all the people who felt the need to come in this thread and say my shooting sucks, and that I called out to put up or shut up, won't produce anything because they are all talk and can't shoot worth a shit.

There are folks planning to shoot the challenge this weekend so it'll be active for a while to give you a chance.  If you're deployed or something then thank you for your service and wish you could play along.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I think anybody who did 25 MOA or better in this challenge thread should consider themselves qualified:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1626899__ARCHIVED_THREAD____ARFCOM_25_MOA_ALL_DAY_LONG_HANDGUN_CHALLENGE.html&page=1

My entry is on page 9.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think anybody who did 25 MOA or better in this challenge thread should consider themselves qualified:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1626899__ARCHIVED_THREAD____ARFCOM_25_MOA_ALL_DAY_LONG_HANDGUN_CHALLENGE.html&page=1

My entry is on page 9.  
View Quote

The only thing different about that challenge is it's not the first target of the day.  If you are ever forced to use your carry gun, you only get one chance.   So that is built into my challenge.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#20]
can i just skip the targets for now, and post pictures of me busting skeet with my 1911  after tossing them into the air?

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:52:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
can i just skip the targets for now, and post pictures of me busting skeet with my 1911  after tossing them into the air?

<a href="http://s936.photobucket.com/user/shawnm4a1/media/923035_325686310893412_1464805145_n_1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad201/shawnm4a1/923035_325686310893412_1464805145_n_1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s936.photobucket.com/user/shawnm4a1/media/IMG_9422_zps1vh85zkt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad201/shawnm4a1/IMG_9422_zps1vh85zkt.jpg</a>

View Quote

First two clays of the day?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#22]
yup

first shots of the day period

if you think its not hard.   try it.

fire 100 rounds  in warm  up and try it period
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
yup

first shots of the day period

if you think its not hard.   try it.

fire 100 rounds  in warm  up and try it period
View Quote

I've done it with a shotgun.  . The trick is to shoot when it reaches the apex so it is momentarily still at that point.  Of course uing a pistol to do it is impressive.   Good job.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Can you add me to the chump list.

I've been sick and working (at the same time) all weekend so need some motivation to get better and go out shooting.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can you add me to the chump list.

I've been sick and working (at the same time) all weekend so need some motivation to get better and go out shooting.

View Quote

I can't do that to you.  Those people earned their way onto the chump list.  But you are bookmarked to put up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Again, another person who thinks they are a lot better than they really are.  Terrible?   You must be smoking some good shit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need more practice. I have a vp9 and can easily keep those shots in the black at 15 yards.  I was working on 40 yard shots not to long ago and the group at 40 is better then those you have posted.  My 15 yard groups are fairly rapid fire. Are you shooting both eyes open or do you close one?

I say you're full of shit.

No he's not.  Your shooting is terrible.

I'm guessing you aren't focusing on your sight alignment properly because you're all over the damn place.  Learn how the iron sights work and where to focus your eyes because those groups suck.

Again, another person who thinks they are a lot better than they really are.  Terrible?   You must be smoking some good shit.  

Again, your shooting is mediocre and you are the one full of yourself.  Also, your wittle tummy hurt and the mean man next to you that was making too much noise are weak excuses.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Again, your shooting is mediocre and you are the one full of yourself.  Also, your wittle tummy hurt and the mean man next to you that was making too much noise are weak excuses.
View Quote

Those aren't excuses.  Those are challenges.   I welcome that kind of shit.  That's why I've been encouraging others to do the same.  

You're welcome to post up or shut up too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I will add my name to this wall of shame
I have no shame, and I am willing to admit I am a very ordinary shooter,

These are a couple targets shot years ago, in the manner that the OP prescribes.

First a 5 shot group (I use the term group very loosely ) from my Glock Model 17, Gen2 at 100 Metres (110 yards)

The Second is a 10 round group(?) from my BUL M5 IPSC at 50 Metres (55 Yards)

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LIST OF HONOR is now posted in the OP.
View Quote

Just curious why my entries didn't make the cut?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1835937_How_did_I_shoot___ETA____Official_rules_of_challenge_and_callout_list_posted_in_OP_.html&page=9#i58148619
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1835937_How_did_I_shoot___ETA____Official_rules_of_challenge_and_callout_list_posted_in_OP_.html&page=9#i58148619

I don't think you understand how these kinds of challenges work.

Step 1 - post mediocre shooting.
Step 2 - get very butthurt when people point that out
Step 3 - issue a callout challenge
Step 4 - define the rules as the people have already started shooting the challenge, make sure those rules DQ shooters who have already shot the challenge
Step 5 - start playing lawyer ball with those arbitrary, changing rules to DQ still more people shooting the challenge
Step 6 - have a sense of satisfaction that you've won when people get frustrated and walk away from it.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, hell, I'd like the shooting to be done from yoga positions, but we live in an imperfect world, my friend.

Oh, and if you think yoga class is a "safe place" ... well, it's your funeral, bro.  Fight like you train, train like you fight.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad.  I completely missed you when I when I combed through the thread to make the list.

I'll put you on there now.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Do you all think I should make an Improved NRA B-3 target challenge?

One where you have to shoot 10 rounds and we actually rank based on the score of the target?  Similar rules.  First target of the day.  Carry gun, plinking ammo (or regular mass produced reloads).  (This will also give me another chance to redeem myself.)

I'll also keep this challenge open to for the folks who want to earn the right to say VBC sucks at shooting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The only thing different about that challenge is it's not the first target of the day.  If you are ever forced to use your carry gun, you only get one chance.   So that is built into my challenge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My entry is on page 9.  

Shoot at an NRA B-3 target at 50 ft. Standing, unsupported. At your first target of the day, fire a full magazine from your CCW weapon at the target at a rate of one shot per 2-3 seconds or so, and post your results. Simple.

This doesn't strike me as a self defense challenge. More like a NRA pistol challenge.

1) You won't be shooting at 50 feet for a self defense shooting
2) You standing squared up, perfectly still, firing every 2-3 seconds will get you dead

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This doesn't strike me as a self defense challenge. More like a NRA pistol challenge.

2) You standing squared up, perfectly still, firing every 2-3 seconds will get you dead

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My entry is on page 9.  

Shoot at an NRA B-3 target at 50 ft. Standing, unsupported. At your first target of the day, fire a full magazine from your CCW weapon at the target at a rate of one shot per 2-3 seconds or so, and post your results. Simple.

Very valid points.  I'm only trying to capture the spirit of "you only get one chance, so you better make it count" aspect.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#36]
What in the actual fuck is going on in here?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Very valid points.  I'm only trying to capture the spirit of "you only get one chance, so you better make it count" aspect.

View Quote

Understood, and agreed.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What in the actual fuck is going on in here?
View Quote

All that makes GD what it is, bud.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

One where you have to shoot 10 rounds and we actually rank based on the score of the target?  Similar rules.  First target of the day.  Carry gun, plinking ammo (or regular mass produced reloads).  (This will also give me another chance to redeem myself.)

I'll also keep this challenge open to for the folks who want to earn the right to say VBC sucks at shooting.
View Quote

I think you should just make a "don't get butthurt on the internet" challenge.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem like a sour puss.

Post up or shut up.  This is a challenge thread.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, judging by the first post & all that's followed its a bad shooting and butthurt thread.

And I've already posted a sample of my shooting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Actually, judging by the first post & all that's followed its a bad shooting and butthurt thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posting the best target you've ever shot in your life means doo-doo squat here.

They must be targets obtained through the rule of the challenge.   Do we have to wait a year for the next time you go to the range?

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They must be targets obtained through the rule of the challenge.   Do we have to wait a year for the next time you go to the range?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

I know you feel bad about yourself, but trying to bring others down won't make you better.

I would suggest shooting more & posting less.  That's how people get better at shooting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol.

I know you feel bad about yourself, but trying to bring others down won't make you better.

I would suggest shooting more & posting less.  That's how people get better at shooting.
View Quote

Ok, I can see you're going to be in the all talk camp.  Keep avoiding the challenge because you're afraid you won't be able to shoot as well as I did.

Anybody who shoots well, shoots regularly.  So it won't be hard for you to run one mag full of ammo at the target.

Unless you're all talk.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ok, I can see you're going to be in the all talk camp.  Keep avoiding the challenge because you're afraid you won't be able to shoot as well as I did.

Anybody who shoots well, shoots regularly.  So it won't be hard for you to run one mag full of ammo at the target.

Unless you're all talk.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

Unless you're all talk.  

lol again.

I'm sorry your feels is all hurt.

Would you like for me to post videos of me shooting 6 inch moving plates at 20 yards or 4 inch static plates at 15?

You know, what's considered average shooting to people who shoot USPSA and 3 gun?

Or will that make you all butthurt all over again.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#46]
I know I haven't called you out but you Fo'd on the challenge so put me on the list. I'll post my next range trip.

Also, do you hav something I can download for an official target or do I just need to find something that fits the criteria

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

lol again.

Would you like for me to post videos of me shooting 6 inch moving plates at 20 yards or 4 inch static plates at 15?

You know, what's considered average shooting to people who shoot USPSA and 3 gun?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

Unless you're all talk.  

lol again.

You seem like you're the one getting all butthurt.  

Sure, let's see your lame little videos.  Still doesn't mean doo-doo squat here, because this challenge is a 3" dot at 17 yards.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Sure, let's see your lame little videos.  Still doesn't mean doo-doo squat here, because this challenge is a 3" dot at 17 yards.

View Quote
This... this use of childish language i disturbing.

OP gives off a serious baby huey vibe.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I know I haven't called you out but you Fo'd on the challenge so put me on the list. I'll post my next range trip.

Also, do you hav something I can download for an official target or do I just need to find something that fits the criteria

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you for tentatively rising up to the challenge.  They posted a link a few pages back of one you can print.  It scales just a hair under the true dimensions.    If you placed it at 49.5 ft it would probably make up the difference.

If you'd like to buy the real deal.

Quoted:
Targets here:

Amazon B-3 Targets

I'll post these in the OP as well.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful, next thing you know he'll start a safe place challenge.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top