User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Rather have a D.A.R.E. bumper sticker
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#2]
A PBA card has been in my wallet for 31 years as my father was a police officer for a county on Long Island.
There have been a few occasions when NYS Trooper's have extended a courtesy and let me go with just a warning
and it was certainly appreciated, but for the most part Troopers just hand the card back. I found the younger Troopers to be
more open to extending a courtesy, while the old guys just write you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My thing is this, looking out for family is one thing.  These little "trinkets" for family to show are silly.  Look at New Jersey cops, they literally put golden trophies with 3 suction cups in the front windshields of their family members vehicles.  And the family members make an effort to point it out when stopped.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should flash it for discounts everywhere.

I tried to quote your original reply. You changed it too fast.

I was going to ask you to explain what you meant..

My thing is this, looking out for family is one thing.  These little "trinkets" for family to show are silly.  Look at New Jersey cops, they literally put golden trophies with 3 suction cups in the front windshields of their family members vehicles.  And the family members make an effort to point it out when stopped.

OOOOOH!

I had forgotten about those.

Yeah, you need to ask her for one of those, too.

Then, when you get stopped, put your license in the top of the thing so that the trooper has to TOUCH your doodad.

You'll be home free!

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have no clue what association or group made the sticker.  For all i know, you printed some card off the internet and claim to be a "Booster."  
We have nothing like that local in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I guess it must be regional, a lot of police post stuff here that sounds like complete nonsense, but you hear it enough that there must be differences based on where you live. I cannot picture a police officer around here not telling someone that on a traffic stop, even corrections officers usually get away with stuff although they have to be careful how they handle i  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you going to present this card when you're stopped?  Hell, I have a badge and don't present it, but I sure hope they see it when I go for my license.

Anyway, it will not matter and presenting it will be a douche move.
http://www.dealdashreviewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tommy-lee-jones.gif

Sure, sure he doesn't.

I guess it must be regional, a lot of police post stuff here that sounds like complete nonsense, but you hear it enough that there must be differences based on where you live. I cannot picture a police officer around here not telling someone that on a traffic stop, even corrections officers usually get away with stuff although they have to be careful how they handle i  

East coast, west coast, central US, there is a huge difference in stuff like these stupid cards and they way things are handled.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yea I stated that CLEARLY.  I have to open my wallet to get my license and I clearly said I hope they see it.  But I don't say hey I am a cop, give me a break.  I have been given a ticket as a cop, and I said nothing about it nor did I call him afterward to get a break.  So take your smarmy comment and stick it up your ass.
View Quote

I'd be pissed at you for not giving me your ID card with your license.

I don't write cops.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:19:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My sister sent me a "State Law Enforcement Supervisors Association" safety card.  She is a sworn officer and mid level supervisor in her department.

The state she works in is on the opposite coast.

Should I bother carrying this card? Will it get me any slack with local LE?  I don't drive like an ass and haven't gotten a ticket in years, but you never know.

Ben
View Quote

No. If you want a sticker or card that matters, donate to the 100 club.

100 Club

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My sister sent me a "State Law Enforcement Supervisors Association" safety card.  She is a sworn officer and mid level supervisor in her department.

Should I bother carrying this card? Will it get me any slack with local LE?  I don't drive like an ass and haven't gotten a ticket in years, but you never know.

Ben
View Quote

Like I'm sure others have said, they are only worth what the cop stopping you puts on them.

Around here it is the police union sticker on the car. I may ask you about it and if you say that your mom/dad, husband/wife is a cop you may get a break on a speeding ticket (because its easier than getting the "Hey you wrote my kid etc a ticket, can you help a brother out" call), but if you fucked up bad, well you fucked up and i'm not losing my pension for you.

J-
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I get pulled over and I'm armed, I'm required by policy to tell the officer I'm a cop and armed.
View Quote

Us too, but it only change when one of our idiot former officers almost got into with a cop when he was stopped.

J-
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't write cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea I stated that CLEARLY.  I have to open my wallet to get my license and I clearly said I hope they see it.  But I don't say hey I am a cop, give me a break.  I have been given a ticket as a cop, and I said nothing about it nor did I call him afterward to get a break.  So take your smarmy comment and stick it up your ass.

I don't write cops.

This.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ben
View Quote

Name dropping never works, at least not with me. A good honest attitude will get you out of a ticket, you drop a name and I'll tell you my sister's, dad's, uncle's etc name.

Them, My dad is XX.
Me, my dad is mototard Sr......       Long pause, letting it sink in.

Me. Sign on the x, your signature is not an admission of guilt yada yada yada

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top