Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I plan on experimenting with fuel mixes. Officially only gas and diesel are approved fuels. So I will try a couple mixtures of that. I also want to try mixing in some oil to see if it improves how long the fuel burns for. I suspect getting into any real thickening agent might stress the pump too much to be practical. I am thinking something like 10% oil, 40% gas, 50% diesel might be a good combo.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

68lbs fueled up. Fuck that!
View Quote

That's what your robotic "mule" is for!

Hello, Boston Dynamics - Are you listening?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I fully intend to purchase one
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
This is not a tag.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was a kid I put some gas and dish soap in my mom's garden sprayer.

Short range, but fun.

My mother was not impressed though.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
On its way.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to own one but even the Chinese surplus ones that came in several years back were pricey.  Closest I ever came to using one was some trigger time on a M202 . Not a flame thrower I know but it was intended as the replacement for the flame thrower . Do they still issue the Flash or has it been totally phased out ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you read the manual?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
38 seconds of fire? Not much working time
View Quote

The M2 flamethrowere only had 8 seconds if I remember right.

Now I see this has been covered already.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would it be unsportsmanlike to use it to dispatch the egg stealing possum that I have running around?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the real question is: Pistol range, rifle range, or you gonna go all the way and try trap with it?

Would it be unsportsmanlike to use it to dispatch the egg stealing possum that I have running around?

Bonus points if a flaming opossum runs under your house.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Did you read the manual?

View Quote

Hell no!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  You guys in AZ or TX need to bring them to NH.   This was my driveway one spring:

<a href="http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/flytosail3/media/d135c589029adcacc5fb0c8cd267bea8_zps86f6deaa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/d135c589029adcacc5fb0c8cd267bea8_zps86f6deaa.jpg</a>
View Quote

Why did you paint your grass white?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You guys in AZ or TX need to bring them to NH.   This was my driveway one spring:

<a href="http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/flytosail3/media/d135c589029adcacc5fb0c8cd267bea8_zps86f6deaa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/flytosail3/d135c589029adcacc5fb0c8cd267bea8_zps86f6deaa.jpg</a>

Maybe he has a bad ant problem and its borax.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag for when the flaming possum lights the house, car, and woodlot on fire.

Honey, hold my beer and video this.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's the Yankee thing to do in the cold months.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks bad ass.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#18]
All I have to say is, God Bless America!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

They tend to run up the tree near the chicken coop when I shoot them. I wonder if they will have the same response when hit with a column of fire.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmm.     OP, if you are not familiar with LiPo batteries, you might want to read up on them.
Don't let the battery drain too much.   Also try to keep from hitting it with anything.
I doubt this has a low voltage cut out circut.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hmm.     OP, if you are not familiar with LiPo batteries, you might want to read up on them.

Don't let the battery drain too much.   Also try to keep from hitting it with anything.

I doubt this has a low voltage cut out circut.
View Quote

They included a voltage tester at least. Played with LiPo in those cheap quadacopters.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#23]
'Merica.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ordered back in October. Looks like it should be shipping today, or in the next few days depending on if the blowndeadline got my finish done. Really excited to finally get my hands on one. So has anyone else bought/received one yet? Set some shit on fire and share pics to help a guy waiting on his to show up!  

ETA:

It has arrived!

http://tinyurl.com/jyhv476

http://tinyurl.com/j8qzdkd

http://tinyurl.com/hrvwvte

Dont get to test it because they just did a v3 update to the XM42 prior to shipping. The butane that I bought will not work. Have to swing by Walmart and grab a Coleman can. Hopefully I can test tonight/tomorrow.
View Quote

This thread is relevant to my interests.  Out of curiosity, was preorder price any different?  

I'm very much interested.  Looks from that vid review that with a few mods this thing would be killer.  Want to hold out for a Ver.2.0 but it may not be legal by then.  

EDIT: Looks like they already did some upgrades and 3 Generations in.  Hmm...Will wife have a shit fit?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#25]
For a couple hundred $ more, this looks like a better option:
X15 flamethrower

But OP actually has a flamethrower and I don't, so WTF do I know.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd love to use one of these on pack rat nests but would set the county on fire
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Tag.  I want to see OP light some stuff on fire.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I can think of at least 100 reasons why I don't need this.

They are all kinda shitty reasons though (practicality, safety, etc.) so I'm going to ignore them.  The main reason of "because I don't have one" generally overrides most of the others.

Guess this gets added to the 2016 list.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For a couple hundred $ more, this looks like a better option:
X15 flamethrower

But OP actually has a flamethrower and I don't, so WTF do I know.
View Quote

I've seen that.  You can supposedly build it for about $400+.  The only thing is it's a pack design...so...strap in.  The XM42 is a handheld which I think makes it a bit more practical...I mean...practical in the sense a flamethrower is practical.  $1200 is a bit steep.  For $800 I'd have ordered already, but I'm still debating.  I remember the original thread on these and just wasn't sure if/when they'd ever ship with ION in their infancy and looking for start-up cap.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I assume you bought a GoPro as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I want one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife said the same thing, but it was still tons of fun for me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ill take donations, for science of course.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother just bought a 360fly or fly360 camera.  
It's pretty bad ass.   I think they are $400 or so.   When you watch the video it's like virtual reality.   You can move your phone and look all around.   It's 360 degrees horizontal and 270 or so vertical.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is not a tag.
View Quote

Not at all  
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:40:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone familiar with the various camping stove butane fittings? Ran to Walmart and grabbed a can, but I wasn't paying attention and grabbed a propane can, not butane and the fitting is all wrong. I currently have a case of these.

The threading on the torch looks like this:

So, would something like this do the trick?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#38]
You'll burn your eye out with that thing.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:40:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I want it.......I want it.......
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends which end you're on
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Well done sir.

Well done.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They tend to run up the tree near the chicken coop when I shoot them. I wonder if they will have the same response when hit with a column of fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats my prediction.   I think its a programmed response.   Those fuckers are brainless.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh I'm sure it will set shit on fire. Don't get me wrong. We got sidetracked I think they are cool they just cant be compared. You get tagged with one of the old school ones even for a second you are pretty much dead from inhalation burns and 3rd degree burns there's just so much volume to the flame and it sticks around for quite a while. Just look at the size of the tanks in comparison. That's a huge volume of fuel going out REALLY fast, consider how big those tanks are, and to empty in 7 seconds like you said.

The hand held ones would definitely fuck some shit up its just not any where on the same scale of destruction. That's to be expected I supposed considering the price tag. There's just almost no backpack throwers left in existence. I just think it would be neat to have something like that, the nerd in me would get a kick out of something old school like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still like 65 feet, vs like 20 from these coleman flame throwers. and it will actually set something on fire vs just burning out the second it stops.

http://ericdye.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Challenge-Accepted-Meme.jpg
  I guess we will see just how much shit I can start on fire with my little toy.

Oh I'm sure it will set shit on fire. Don't get me wrong. We got sidetracked I think they are cool they just cant be compared. You get tagged with one of the old school ones even for a second you are pretty much dead from inhalation burns and 3rd degree burns there's just so much volume to the flame and it sticks around for quite a while. Just look at the size of the tanks in comparison. That's a huge volume of fuel going out REALLY fast, consider how big those tanks are, and to empty in 7 seconds like you said.

The hand held ones would definitely fuck some shit up its just not any where on the same scale of destruction. That's to be expected I supposed considering the price tag. There's just almost no backpack throwers left in existence. I just think it would be neat to have something like that, the nerd in me would get a kick out of something old school like that.

Ive been thinking of building one,  like the fellow in the youtube video posted earlier.   The thought of setting my house,  garage,  or myself on fire has put that idea near the bottom of the project list.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#44]
My son would love one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wonder what the courts would say if someone actually used one in self-defense.

"Gee, Officer! I saw it all. Some guy came running out of Joe's house on fire. Then I helped Joe put out the fire in his living room. Boy, was his wife PISSED!"
View Quote

If the level of force used is appropriate, the means by which that force was applied is of no consequence.  In other words, if deadly force is appropriate, it does not matter whether you used a gun, sword, pitchfork, your fists, sharpened pencil, or flamethrower.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Anyone familiar with the various camping stove butane fittings? Ran to Walmart and grabbed a can, but I wasn't paying attention and grabbed a propane can, not butane and the fitting is all wrong. I currently have a case of these.

http://tinyurl.com/jmdx2uv

View Quote

Well I ordered it just in case. I think I may just need to drag the XM42 into Walmart and test fit the cans.

At least then I can have something to get it going until UPS drops of the adapter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well I ordered it just in case. I think I may just need to drag the XM42 into Walmart and test fit the cans.
At least then I can have something to get it going until UPS drops of the adapter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://tinyurl.com/jmdx2uv

You really need that GoPro.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Work is about over. Going to run to Walmart and make attempt #2 to buy the proper butane for this damn pilot torch. If all goes well I should be able to post up some AAR pics.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Well it works!

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top