Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cloudy this morning in Cancun, and a chilly 65. This is bullshit!

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cloudy this morning in Cancun, and a chilly 65. This is bullshit!

View Quote

Jerk!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty gay so far.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How old is your son?

I hope it goes well!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So far so good.

Drinking my coffee reading ARF.

Later I have to take my son to the hospital for an 8- 10 hour infusion to get his kidneys going again.

How old is your son?

I hope it goes well!

He's 16.

We've been going through this for 14 years.
The bad part of it is just sitting and waiting while they run the IV.  It takes what seems forever.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Outside the office wondering if anyone saw me yet... I'd like to say fuck it and go back home. I was put in charge of 1 of 3 divisions of this place 1 month ago. Last night I discovered that someone's been billing hours to my projects (and omitting the hours on their projects) to make their division look good. The boss was... Not surprized. We know exactly who it is. Someone's getting a corn holing on Monday fo sho.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Snow day!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My balls hurt. I had a vasectomy today. I have had better days.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
40 minutes left!
Quoted:

Just got to work at 0230. Only 10.5 hrs to go.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]
At the vet getting Dorky Dog looked at.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Wake up with boner everyday.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My balls hurt. I had a vasectomy today. I have had better days.
View Quote

Well, there ya go.     Neuter guy wins it.      

Nobody's gonna top castration.    Nobody should even try.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can't sleep. Got in bed around 9pm and couldn't sleep past 1am.

Possible promotion coming up at work today so I'm too excited to sleep.
View Quote

Good news ?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:42:59 AM EDT
[#14]
2:19 to go. How's the night walkers doing ?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#15]
got 4 hours left... came in early due to weather, which sucked.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#16]
4 or 5 hr to go..   Slow start,  gotta go turn up a new node with the OSP folks in an hour or so,  then head home.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:53:04 AM EDT
[#17]
An hour and 25 minutes or so until I get relieved. I'm bored out of my mind.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#18]
About to leave for work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Been up since yesterday, home sick all week with a sinus infection and flu. Feel like death, can't sleep.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Still have about 4 hours left, and I have family coming in for the weekend so I can't even go to bed when I get home
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Limited sleep as of late.

SouthHoof story time... buckle in, keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times as this saga could get long.

We are selling our other house up north.  We've had a purchase agreement in place since June 2015.  Very soft real estate market up north.

Sale is contingent on sale of buyer's house a little further downstate.  They finally got a purchase agreement in Dec 2015.  Closing on their sale and our's will be Feb 29 2016.

Late June 2015, I'm in Wyoming & Montana chootin' prairie dogs.  I get a phone call from wife who heard from realtor who heard from buyer who got a report from idiot home inspector... 30 page report of all the problems with the house.  Ya really, forth hand info funneled through three women.

It was a Malox moment 1600 miles from home.  I could not enjoy my 3 week trip out west.  Something I'd been planning for a couple years.

I cut my trip short & get back home July 5th.  Get a printed copy of the 30 page report.  Report list 6 minor exceptions.  Simple shit.  REALLY SIMPLE SHIT like "dryer vent has lint, bathroom outlets need to be GFI, 'spawling on chimney cap' (had look up the definition of sawling = chipped cement), no hot water (duh, breaker is off), fireplace damper not sealed, loose wires in attic"

Idiot fuck up of a home inspector was supposed to call me when he was going to MY HOUSE to inspect.  Nope, showed up unannounced and had to call to get door code from realtor for access.

July 6th I get to MY HOUSE and make "repairs" and take pictures.  3 hours work.  Loose wires ended up being 1 length of Romex that needed ONE FUCKING STAPLE.  Dryer Lint, 5 minutes to clean.  Chimney spawling - troweled on silicone impregnated mortar 15 minutes.  I took care of the other simple shit.  Sent pictures to realtor, buyer & home inspector.

Make APPOINTMENT with home inspector to review repairs.  The fuck up did not show.  I call him - "oh ya, uh... I can't make it today"    I asked, do you suppose you should have called me about that?"  His reply "I forgot".  Make another appointment for Tuesday...a week later.  Get a call on Saturday from home inspector "I just left your house, all the repairs look good".  Fucker showed up again, let himself in without me being there a second time.

This past Thursday we get a message from realtor - home inspector forgot to do perk(flow) test of septic field last summer.  He was at the house Friday - unannounced again to do the test because the buyer's mortgage company caught the omission.  Stupid fucker ran so much water so quickly he plugged the inline sand filter and water pressure at the faucet dropped as a result.  He called the buyer telling her (drama queen) that there is no water pressure and he thinks the well is shot.

I call the guy who drilled the well in 2007 to meet me at the house on Tuesday to test/inspect.  Monday afternoon, get a call from well driller - can't make it because of snow storm & emergency service call.  No problem stuff happens.  Make it Wednesday but he will call to confirm as it's an hour drive for me to get there.  Meanwhile, buyer's husband calls well driller and meets him at the house Wednesday afternoon.  BOTH of them forgot to call me.  At 4:30 I left msg for buyer's husband "Haven't heard from well driller today.  I'll call him in the morning".

I get a call from well driller at 4:35 yesterday.  He and buyer's husband are IN MY HOUSE unannounced to check out the well & pump system.

It takes every bit of self control to not launch into a tirade over the phone.  I realize, losing it will not solve the problem but only make things worse.

Regardless, we now have a plan in place to satisfy the buyer that the well will be fully functional before closing.

For the TLDR nightwalkers...

Selling a house is far more stressful than buying when you are dealing with idiots.  The entire ordeal has tested every last bit of patience I have for every foot draggin' dumbfuck involved.

Thank you for letting me vent.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#22]
My in laws will be here in an hour, and are staying for 5 days...

Of course that doesn't bother me because I'll be in Cancun tomorrow morning!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I woke up around 10 and couldn't get back to sleep. That after being up for over 24 hours writing papers. I guess my body decided an hour was enough sleep for tonight.

I'm just glad I don't have anything going on tomorrow today other than grocery shopping.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Up since 3, coughing too much to sleep.  Winter sucks.
View Quote
Try Halls Honey Lemon drops. They're in every grocery store in a yellow bag. They really work wonders and taste good, and the menthol does a good job soothing the throat. When I get bad coughing or a sore throat I can usually get about an hour or two of sleep before I need to take another.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Tired from a late night with the lady friend.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Just waiting to drop my son off at school and head into work.

On a bright note, tomorrow is "burn it or lose it" time for me and Monday is a holiday so I'm looking at a four day weekend!!!

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#27]
It's been a mixed bag so far:

1) Woke up to an empty bed, wife fell asleep on the couch and dog stayed out with her. Good nights rest = win!
2) Tweaked my back pretty bad in the middle of a set of deadlifts at the gym. Immediately knew it was going to be a crappy next few days. Popped some AI and muscle relaxers, but I'll just have to tough it out.

I'm going to have to seriously evaluate if I'm going to keep doing deadlifts. It's my favorite lift and my strongest by far (500#+), but I now work out at 5AM and I'm not sure if my nervous system has had enough awake time to pull heavy properly at that time of the morning. This is the 2nd time this has happened in 8 months.

I may just replace deadlifts with dip shrugs and heavy farmers walks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Meh just another day
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
2 hours and 6 minutes till I get off, I hate this night walker shift, so how ya doing ?
View Quote

1 hr 20 min til my first chemo.....................

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Great. Get a late start today (8am). Spent the extra time playing with my 6 month old son. He's going down for a nap now so it's coffee and eggs.

Life is good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Awesome... off for 6 more days.  Will drop the kido's off at school then start messing with the boat.  Maybe do some yard work and just piddle around.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Going good so far OP. I got a solid nights sleep, stumbled to the kitchen and made some coffee. Now I am browsing ARFCOM naked.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 hours and 6 minutes till I get off, I hate this night walker shift, so how ya doing ?

Best wishes brother.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Just checked my email and found out that we got a permit to float the San Juan in May.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Shitty! 6+ hours to go.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Morning nightwalkers. 2:20 to go. I've had about 1 hour of sleep in the last 38 hours or so. I'm not feeling very swift.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top