Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/28/2016 8:48:03 PM EDT
Wife is due in early July with our first, we went to the ultrasound on Tuesday and saw that she's a girl.

About to be a first time father to a little girl, Arfcom what am I in for?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations! You may have picked the wrong day to post this though
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Just know that from the first second you see her, you will be wrapped around her finger.

Start stocking on diapers and wipes now, you will be suprised how fast you go through them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
pic of wife since I know the rules

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
You're in for poop, poop in places that poop should never go. Congrats BTW!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats.

I only had brothers growing up. A daughter is a different world.

She doesn't like legos. What kind of kid doesn't like legos, come on WTF.

You will learn to hate Disney princesses with a burning passion. If you have a dirty mind though, The Little Mermaid can become hilarious.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Start saving for toys dresses jewley and college now, 2nd mortgage for the wedding.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wife is due in early July with our first, we went to the ultrasound on Tuesday and saw that she's a girl.

About to be a first time father to a little girl, Arfcom what am I in for?
View Quote

The best time of your entire life.  My 2 yr old daughter is awesome.  She's currently dragging around an old Dillard's bag because she thinks it is her purse.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Two daughters here.

You will fall instantly in love the first time you see her and be willing to kill or die to protect her.

In about 13 years your life will become a living nightmare.

ETA:  My greatest fear is someday soon my older daughter will bring home some little SOB just like I was at that age.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just know that from the first second you see her, you will be wrapped around her finger.

Start stocking on diapers and wipes now, you will be suprised how fast you go through them.
View Quote

ALL

OF

THESE

THINGS
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an 8 year old little girl. You need to find the balance between being wrapped around her little finger and ruling with an iron fist. Teach her to shoot around age 5, and if you have the room they really like 4H stuff with goats. Also truck rides. Little girls love being dropped off at school in the truck. From age 4 to 6 they mostly eat Chex cereal and hot dogs cut up into mashed potatoes. When they hit 7 they will eat about anything if you tell them its fancy. When they get to about 6 they figure out that paper money is better than coins, and at 8 they have learned that sweeping both barns for a dollar is a bad deal. Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
If you were to have a boy child you would only have one little prick to worry about ....with a girl child you have to worry about ALL of them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#14]
just get ready to say yes to everything and anything.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Girl's are awesome

Wait 'till she's 3 and crawls up on your chest to take a nap......

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Daughters are great.  Just got to get to them early so they don't get too 'girly' as to be a pain in the ass.

Mine's birthday is today, and we've been having a blast!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Whatever you do, don't ever post anything about being attracted to her
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats!

I have a daughter.. no worries in the world as far as the dating things goes for me... as she has two older brothers!\

Besides she's pretty mean and a complete daddies girl and I'm totally wrapped around her finger!

I punish the boys for shit she did!

I tell the ball & chain all the time... had she been born first.... I wouldn't have had anymore!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Got one -not sure we know what we are in for, really.  Luckily my wife has been a girl her whole life and turned out good, so I'm counting on her.

Enjoy the ride, I guess is the best advice.  My wife made a decision early on to enjoy all of it, every stage -even fussy late nights and so forth; none of it lasts very long.  The first ~6 years have flown past.

They say girls are easier early, then more difficult later.  I could just about watch a couple of my friends' hair turning grey when their daughters were teenagers.

Oh, maybe this for early on: get a wipe-warmer.  I thought it was the dumbest idea ever, then in the middle of the night I was driving to Walmart to buy one so the little one wouldn't snap awake and cry when I changed her diaper at night.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]
When you have a son you only have to worry about one dick.

When you have a daughter you have to worry about every dick.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I have 5. Everything's great until they turn 13.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, first of all, you may as well resign yourself to the fact that she's going to twist you around her little finger.  Your wife will have to be the stern disciplinarian because most dads can't stay mad at their daughters too long.  
Try to get her involved in outdoor activities early, like hiking and camping.
I also would encourage you to get her into a sport and/or a martial art.  It encourages self-confidence and gives girls a sense of self worth.
Mostly, try to set a good example for her by how you treat your wife.  She's going to remember that when the time comes for her to find someone, and if you treat your wife with respect and love, she'll find someone that will do the same for her.

Mine just turned 13, and while she's a pain sometimes, she and her brother are what I live for.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#24]
She will be your joy, but joy don't come cheap.  Overall, during her life and what is left of yours, she may cost you about $200,000 or so more than a boy.

It has already been mentioned about that 13 year old thing.  I am just seconding it.

Be sure to be cleaning all your guns when the boyfriends come to visit.  Make sure she marries the one who shows the most interest.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have 5. Everything's great until they turn 13.
View Quote
GHOD yes! lol

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Laughter. Tears. Disney.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#27]
The way you interact with her and her mom will influence what kind of dude she looks for later on in life. Act accordingly.

They're tons of fun. Take her fishing, teach her to love the outdoors, teach her to fix her own shit. Mom will take care of the girly stuff.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#28]
My little girl (our first and only) turns 1 tomorrow.  Now, she runs to the door when she hears me come in after work.  It's pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I've 3 girls, 16 to 21.

What are you in for?

The greatest joys, the worries that physically hurt, the belly aches from laughter, cheeks wet with tears of joy and sorrow. Hearing her cry because some boy broke her heart, hearing her squeal a few days later because some other boy calls her....

Really nothing like walking her down the aisle,  and remembering the first time you held her.  It was yesterday, it was a lifetime ago.

Congrats, it's a great ride.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Congratulations! She will own you. Sleep now. Be flexible in your plans. You will find yourself half awake, at some ungodly hour, in a Walmart baby section, inappropriately dressed for the weather, phone to the ear, searching for something you either forgot or didn't know you would need and, at that moment, you will know what it means to be a dad. Welcome to the club! It's the best adventure of my life.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Old school AR, love it! And a beautiful wife!

And congrats!  But I had two sons, can't help you there, but as a dad, be prepared for many sleepless nights. And you will love her more than anything else in your life.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When you have a son you only have to worry about one dick.

When you have a daughter you have to worry about every dick.

View Quote

This.

Girls are fun until they discover boys then it can be a real nightmare.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#33]
You will find out that you didn't know you could love something so much
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Two daughters here.

You will fall instantly in love the first time you see her and be willing to kill or die to protect her.

In about 13 years your life will become a living nightmare.

ETA:  My greatest fear is someday soon my older daughter will bring home some little SOB just like I was at that age.
View Quote

I don't have any kids yet but this is my greatest fear.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Well, first of all, you may as well resign yourself to the fact that she's going to twist you around her little finger.  Your wife will have to be the stern disciplinarian because most dads can't stay mad at their daughters too long.  

Try to get her involved in outdoor activities early, like hiking and camping.

I also would encourage you to get her into a sport and/or a martial art.  It encourages self-confidence and gives girls a sense of self worth.

Mostly, try to set a good example for her by how you treat your wife.  She's going to remember that when the time comes for her to find someone, and if you treat your wife with respect and love, she'll find someone that will do the same for her.

Mine just turned 13, and while she's a pain sometimes, she and her brother are what I live for.

http://www.pbase.com/rikwriter/image/57775757.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/rikwriter/image/132188976.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/rikwriter/image/160484678.jpg
View Quote
This.

You will be THE example of a man in her life so take that responsibility seriously. Make her aspire to great things by your example and leadership.

Congratulations! Being a "Daddy" to two beautiful, hard working young ladies is one of the highlights of my life and I hope it is for you as well. You have been blessed friend. Remember that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I could eat this cutie alive! lol  What a sweetheart,

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]
love, lots of love

my baby girl will be 16 weeks tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#38]
1: Buy a squeegee to facilitate removing excess estrogen from walls .Since you have ~12 years, buy more than one....

2: Prepare safe room for that week . Vault door 3 ft thick minimum

3: Buy industrial strength roto rooter for hair/drain issues

4: Prepare alibis for SSS boy issues.

5: Buy lots of Grecian formula , or be prepared for major graying issues ....

Dad of two grown daughters.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#39]
When she reaches 16 her hormones will drive her into a crazy unreasonable state much like that time when Mr. Spock was in heat and lost his frigging mind.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Wipe front to back to keep UTI risk to a minimum and treat the exhaust end like a barrel as some poo will come out faster than you think. As stated, the instant she comes out she has you wrapped around her finger.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Congrats. Wipe front to back, NOT back to front. Read strong father strong daughter - and get yourself mentally prepared for the later years now. Be the best roll model you can because she will compare any boy or man she dates to you. Be loving and fair. She will look to your for approval, for love and direction. Be the best man you can be and be there for her even when its hard.

As others have said, how you treat your wife / her mother and those around you is the type of relationship she will pursue.

Enjoy every minute
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Congrats! Girls poop.  Well, babies do.   (Twin almost 2 year old girls). And it's damn stressful.  I feel like I have aged 20 years in 2 years, every time they fall, my wife needs to remind me to relax.

Oh yea, they're awesome.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#43]
congrats man, its life changing in a good way!

Never could imagine you could care about another person so much....
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Congratulation
Not meaning to be an ass but someone needs to tell you
It is easier raising a boy - You only have 1 penis to worry about
Harder raising a girl _ When she starts to develop you have all penis's to worry about .
Spend lots and lots of time with her .Time flies by so quickly

When my Wee one was 10-11 Ma was giving her a bath . I was called to look at a bruise and lump on her chest as she had an accident on the Jungle Gym at school that day .
The next day I took her to Doctor . The Dr said "Oh she is fine shes developing a bud" What the hell is a bud ???? I must of had a Dumbfounded look on my face . The Dr says " its OK lots of dads bring their little girl in for the same thing . I asked the Dr what the hell she was talking about . The Dr looked at me realizing I did not get it and said shes developing and growing breasts beginning Puberty , being a smart ass the Dr said "What you think they both Pop out at the same time" .Right then and there my heart fell out of my chest hitting the floor and shattering into a thousand pieces . . My little girl was growing into a Woman .   In the history of Man , not one boy , not one man has ever pondered Do they both Pop out at the same time or not !! . The Dr is trying to give me pamphlets on this .

That was a rough day , Boys started flocking around her like flies and still do . She is and will be my baby . And as stated above I am wrapper around her finger .

Dont be an idiot like I was . I was/am prepared for everything , End of the World , Zombie apocalypse . Everything but that  
If that story was inappropriate PM me and I will delete it
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Got two daughters ages 4 and 7

I know the names of all the "my little ponies"

This saturday i have to take both of them to the Daddy/Daughter Dance.  I know the drill from last year.  The kids take off and do their own thing, the dads stand quietly giving each other the head nod.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Daughters will take care of you in your old age, not so much with sons.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#47]
This song tells you what you need to know:

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When she reaches 16 her hormones will drive her into a crazy unreasonable state much like that time when Mr. Spock was in heat and lost his frigging mind.
View Quote

Lol, I've told both of mine multiple times....you're both going to be batshit crazy till you hit 23 or so.

My oldest is 25 , and just recently told me , Jesus Christ dad , my sister is insane,(19) , holy shit you were right!

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Congrats op and Blessed you are.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#50]
17mo old girl and 4yr old boy here

Sleep now
Enjoy the ride!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top