Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
So you have an M&P for sale now?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At we least we know they aren't racist, but that statement sure makes it sound like you are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ill try to address the questions...  Seems as though this is a polarizing issue.

The people are parents of good friends of mine.  Their kids are not Democrats.  They introduced me to hunting since my close family didn't, and I hunted hogs with them for free for years.
They are not FSA.  They've done well, but they believe that the government will make the best decisions for us and that it was time for a black president, etc..
The husband has hunted his entire life, but is/was against non-fudd guns.  The wife is not a shooter.
I'm not worried about the M&P because the instructor/cop said that he loans an M&P9 and that he loaned a bunch of guns that day.  I am surprised, however, that no one took inventory.  If I were him I would implement some corrective action.
He is stationed about 40 minutes from the range, and he is fairly ("100%") confident that he will find mine.  Perhaps he took a tally of gun cases that were heavy enough to have guns and called it good.  Again... I'd check the inventory and condition at the end of the class.
The friends offered to call, but I said I would because I had both serial numbers and more knowledge about models, etc.  It was easier for me to communicate than them.
My case had my spare mag, the M&P, and an M&P mag.
I kind of like the M&P trigger, but I have 3 Glocks and a lot of magazines and I don't really want to switch.
I shoot better with the G26 than either G19 for whatever reason.

At we least we know they aren't racist, but that statement sure makes it sound like you are.

He's relaying their point of view, not his own.  How the fuck do you come up with the OP being racist?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have friends who can walk up to me and simply say "I need a gun." and I'll simply hand them the one I've got in my holster no questions asked.  Those are the kinds of friends who are worth more than anything.  I might have five friends like that.  Three of them would go with me if I told them I needed to go to a gun fight.  The other two would offer to take care of the problem while I was being very publicly visible elsewhere.  

Everyone else... "I need a gun."  Me... "I saw a good deal on them at Rural King, wanna go shopping?"
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why did the guy who borrowed the guns let them out of his control?
View Quote

Like I said earlier, double fail:  both the borrower of OP's G26 and the borrower (I assume) of the M&P lost control of (not) their weapons.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I fully expect anything i loan out will not come back in the same condition. I learned this with camping equipment. I have since bought duplicates of things my wife's broke parents and siblings would not buy themselves just so I could have something crappy they can borrow and then return ripped or broken 10 months later.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I loaned my dad an M&P for a CC class

He said it jammed up really bad.

Having never, ever had a jam in this gun, I asked him what happened?

The instructor instructed the class to load up empty shell casings in the magazine among live rounds to practice malfunction drills

Well it fucking worked

The empty casing cycled in and wedged itself up under the feed ramp and they couldn't get it out

so they pried it out with a screwdriver and scratched up my slide.

I never thought an instructor would suggest something like that, and was surprised my dad would go along with it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I learned the hard way long time ago never, never, never loan your firearms to anybody .!!!!!!!

If somebody asks you for a gun tell him to go buy one
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are not FSA.  They've done well, but they believe that the government will make the best decisions for us and that it was time for a black president, etc..

You're conclusion ranks right up there with the following:

Hey!  That guy just adopted a yellow lab!   He's racist!

Person A: Did you know that black babies are less likely to survive after pre-term pregnancies?  Person B: Why do you hate black people?

1+1 = 2.  That means you're racist.

When in doubt, claim racism.

All Sharpton is good for black people.

95% of blacks and only 45% of whites voted for Obama.  White people are racist.

out of

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So you loaned the guns to some people who loaned them out to other random people who were taking a CHL class but had no guns of their own, for a class that presumably somebody paid money to take, and the people in charge were apparently so irresponsible that they don't even check the inventory. Maybe there were 1,000 people in the class or something so everyone just throws the guns in a bucket like 3D glasses at the end of a movie. Maybe the cost of the class wasn't enough to cover the ten dollar rental of basic equipment required for the fucking license. It's good because you trusted the first people in the chain to have good judgment.

Yeah, I can't figure out what went wrong, either. Try it again and see if it works out better next time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill try to address the questions...  Seems as though this is a polarizing issue.

So you loaned the guns to some people who loaned them out to other random people who were taking a CHL class but had no guns of their own, for a class that presumably somebody paid money to take, and the people in charge were apparently so irresponsible that they don't even check the inventory. Maybe there were 1,000 people in the class or something so everyone just throws the guns in a bucket like 3D glasses at the end of a movie. Maybe the cost of the class wasn't enough to cover the ten dollar rental of basic equipment required for the fucking license. It's good because you trusted the first people in the chain to have good judgment.

Yeah, I can't figure out what went wrong, either. Try it again and see if it works out better next time.

They didn't loan them out.  They set them down and then someone picked up the wrong gun(s) and put them in the wrong case(s).  I wasn't there so I don't concern myself with trying to replay the scenario.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Talked to instructor.  He has my gun.  Most likely the borrower grabbed the wrong gun from the upside down drum because her coworker was shooting the M&P.

We'll meet tonight for the exchange.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They didn't loan them out.  They set them down and then someone picked up the wrong gun(s) and put them in the wrong case(s).  I wasn't there so I don't concern myself with trying to replay the scenario.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So persons unknown to you, who turned out to be a little irresponsible, were handling your weapons, and that is of no real concern to you.

Like I said, I can't figure out where you fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I learned the hard way long time ago never, never, never loan your firearms to anybody .!!!!!!!

View Quote

Same here.  I'll share what I have when I'm there, but don't loan them out any more.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So persons unknown to you, who turned out to be a little irresponsible, were handling your weapons, and that is of no real concern to you.

View Quote

My primary concern is exchanging guns and finding mine in the same condition I loaned it out in.  The situation bothers me a little, and I was much more bothered before I was able to trace it all back to the instructor having it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  I will probably be a little more selective moving forward as well...

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My primary concern is exchanging guns and finding mine in the same condition I loaned it out in.  The situation bothers me a little, and I was much more bothered before I was able to trace it all back to the instructor having it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  I will probably be a little more selective moving forward as well...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you could get a general consensus of opinion how to handle it from this thread.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm bothered the instructor didn't notice this right away. Students often can't even keep track of their own stuff let alone something they borrowed.

At the end of class one day I notice a 9mm Kahr magazine left sitting on a table.I try to give it to the only guy that was shooting a Kahr that day since it had to be his. He refuses it and claims it can't be his, he has all of his in his gun bag. I persist but he just will not take it. He won't even check his bag to make sure.

Ok, fine, I'll keep it then. Still have it. Sooner or later another student will show up with a Kahr and maybe he'll accept the gift.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think you could get a general consensus of opinion how to handle it from this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... and judging by the comments in this thread, I don't think you know what that word means :)
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This
I have friends I would give the shirt off my back to.

Its just a gun, I have plenty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I loan guns to people quite a bit.  It's just a gun.
This
I have friends I would give the shirt off my back to.

Its just a gun, I have plenty.

Same here.  I have been working with 4 good friends who have been fence sitters regarding guns in general. (3 Women,1 man)  I have had all four out for range sessions regarding basic pistol skills and safety. Two just got their CHLs last week using loaner guns of mine to qualify.  The other two will take the class next month one with my loaner guns. The other already bought herself a G43. The other 3 are going to also buy themselves G43s once Academy gets them back in stock.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I loaned an AR-7 to a buddy years ago, he was living in Leavenworth here in WA and I offered him the plinker.

He met a girl who said he'd better get rid of it before they knocked boots. (she was a drunk crazy liberal)

So he ended up burying it near the towns railroad tracks,  where orchard street meets the tracks I seem to recall, with the girl and made up some bleeding heart poem about gun violence, and how he had seen the error of his ways.

He got laid.

But drunk crazy liberal girl ended up flipping out on him a few weeks later, threatened to claim he hit her during an alchohol fueled rage, and her brother was a local cop, blah blah blah, so he came back to Seattle.

Luckily, he paid me back, and planned on digging the gun back up the next summer.

BUUUUT he ended up becoming a felon between then and summer.

So if anybody is in Leavenworth, and digs up an AR-7, let me know. I have the other magazine to give you.
View Quote

How deep is it? A metal detectorist might have already got it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I loaned my dad an M&P for a CC class

He said it jammed up really bad.

Having never, ever had a jam in this gun, I asked him what happened?

The instructor instructed the class to load up empty shell casings in the magazine among live rounds to practice malfunction drills

Well it fucking worked

The empty casing cycled in and wedged itself up under the feed ramp and they couldn't get it out

so they pried it out with a screwdriver and scratched up my slide.

I never thought an instructor would suggest something like that, and was surprised my dad would go along with it.

View Quote

Do you even train bro?  That's handgun class 101.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#20]
ost
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Talked to instructor.  He has my gun.  Most likely the borrower grabbed the wrong gun from the upside down drum because her coworker was shooting the M&P.

We'll meet tonight for the exchange.
View Quote

Do you need someone for overwatch? I have skilz in that area
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The people are parents of good friends of mine.  Their kids are not Democrats.  They introduced me to hunting since my close family didn't, and I hunted hogs with them for free for years.

The husband has hunted his entire life, but is/was against non-fudd guns.  The wife is not a shooter.

I'm not worried about the M&P because the instructor/cop said that he loans an M&P9 and that he loaned a bunch of guns that day.  I am surprised, however, that no one took inventory.  If I were him I would implement some corrective action.

He is stationed about 40 minutes from the range, and he is fairly ("100%") confident that he will find mine.  Perhaps he took a tally of gun cases that were heavy enough to have guns and called it good.  Again... I'd check the inventory and condition at the end of the class.

The friends offered to call, but I said I would because I had both serial numbers and more knowledge about models, etc.  It was easier for me to communicate than them.

I kind of like the M&P trigger, but I have 3 Glocks and a lot of magazines and I don't really want to switch.

and you just outed yourself as an Al Sharpton type, who can turn anything into a racial incident.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#23]
OP, did you learn anything from this clusterfuck?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#24]
You upgraded!
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not just a gun, especially if it's on paper and in your name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just a gun, especially if it's on paper and in your name.

What is it then?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I loaned a friend a pistol when him and I were taking the same class together. I was right beside him the whole time, not sure I would lend someone a firearm to take from my presence.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#28]
No one ever wants to borrow my 10/22 or .38!
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#29]

If you were in Washington or Oregon you would have needed (to be legal) a 4473/background check for each gun you loaned him, another set to get them back, topped off with another set tonight to get the right guns back where they belong. Actually, you probably could have been charged with a crime when it was discovered that the guns had got mixed up.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid that is the way of the future.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with this. Sometimes I think gun owners are worse than the anti-gunners about treating guns like they're some kind of magical death ray that must be obsessed about. They're just another tool. Quite honestly, I'd rather loan a friend one of my guns than my one of my pneumatic nailers. They'd have to work pretty hard at it to really damage a gun, but someone who doesn't know how to use a nailer could F*** it up pretty badly! My chainsaw is another good example. Most people I know would be more likely to hurt themselves with a chainsaw than with a gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Good trade.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad you're getting your gun back OP.

Update us after you get it back.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Got it back.  Cop was careful.  He blocked my car in with his truck and I was out of my car for probably 10 seconds before he got out.  Handed my empty mag and gun with slide locked back as I would expect.  I opened trunk and removed mag and lock slide back on his.  He recommended I check my 19 so I did and it was the correct one.  Haha.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I loaned an AR-7 to a buddy years ago, he was living in Leavenworth here in WA and I offered him the plinker.

He met a girl who said he'd better get rid of it before they knocked boots. (she was a drunk crazy liberal)

So he ended up burying it near the towns railroad tracks,  where orchard street meets the tracks I seem to recall, with the girl and made up some bleeding heart poem about gun violence, and how he had seen the error of his ways.

He got laid.

But drunk crazy liberal girl ended up flipping out on him a few weeks later, threatened to claim he hit her during an alchohol fueled rage, and her brother was a local cop, blah blah blah, so he came back to Seattle.

Luckily, he paid me back, and planned on digging the gun back up the next summer.

BUUUUT he ended up becoming a felon between then and summer.

So if anybody is in Leavenworth, and digs up an AR-7, let me know. I have the other magazine to give you.

He said it was 2 to 3 feet deep. If someone found it, good for them. If I ever make it back to that particular area, I'll have to poke around.

I posted about it several times here, and in the WAHTF, it would be sweet if an arfcomer found it!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:10:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I assume TX doesn't have a set # of hours before you have to report it stolen?
View Quote

Sense, this makes none.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got it back.  Cop was careful.  He blocked my car in with his truck and I was out of my car for probably 10 seconds before he got out.  Handed my empty mag and gun with slide locked back as I would expect.  I opened trunk and removed mag and lock slide back on his.  He recommended I check my 19 so I did and it was the correct one.  Haha.
View Quote

glad it worked out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You fucked up by loaning someone a gun in the first place.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I agree with this. Sometimes I think gun owners are worse than the anti-gunners about treating guns like they're some kind of magical death ray that must be obsessed about. They're just another tool. Quite honestly, I'd rather loan a friend one of my guns than my one of my pneumatic nailers. They'd have to work pretty hard at it to really damage a gun, but someone who doesn't know how to use a nailer could F*** it up pretty badly! My chainsaw is another good example. Most people I know would be more likely to hurt themselves with a chainsaw than with a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could still think that way.  We are to exposed liability wise.  

Loan a friend the gun.  if anything goes upside down while it is in their possession, who do ya think will be dragged into civil court?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad you got your Glock back; that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You let someone "borrow" your guns?  Ok, tell me how that worked out for ya
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about a swing and a miss.  Almost as bad as beating your chest about being an 0311 and calling a current Army SF guy a pogue.  Almost.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well I must be in for a massive rape. I offered to loan a very conservative family member a gun until he can buy a decent CCW gun.
View Quote

Conservative or not, he sure the fuck isn't responsible enough to make sure the guns you "Lent him" Were the guns returned.
Why does Conservative even play in to this conversation? This something you threw in to cleanse your soul.  

Well he was always good to the kids after church.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've known these people for about 18 years now, so I am not worried about their character.  I am 100% certain they would buy me a replacement if it was indeed lost.

I will be sure to report back with the outcome, however.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You let someone "borrow" your guns?  Ok, tell me how that worked out for ya

I've known these people for about 18 years now, so I am not worried about their character.  I am 100% certain they would buy me a replacement if it was indeed lost.

I will be sure to report back with the outcome, however.

Thier character may not be suspect as far as making it right but they sure as hell don't take care of their ( or your ) stuff,   how in the blue fuck do you loose control of a weapon in your care.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:45:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Here you would go to jail for that...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't loan jack shit to anyone.  Esp firearms.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Back in the sixties a friend of mine lived in a house with a bunch of guys. One of them asked to borrow his Winchester 1897 12 ga. " to do some bird hunting". Took it and killed the guy who was banging his girlfriend. Got caught and went to prison. My friend never saw his 97 again.

There are some lessons in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I must be in the minority.  I loan guns out frequently to friends and family.

If I know them well enough to judge them reliable and responsible enough to handle one, why not?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#50]
You did what???!?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top