Will definitely keep praying.

Thank you Striker.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Great news thanks for update.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Doug,

So glad the surgery went well!  Hope you have a quick and as easy as possible recovery.  I'm happy that we could help.  I'm truly amazed at what we can do as a community.  Keep your spirits up, brother.  There are a lot of people pulling for you.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Doug, keep fighting. We're all behind you.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Doug,

I had a surgery this past spring from which I am still recovering.   They damaged some nerves during the procedure and they fire off now and again giving me some pain. But each time they fire off I think of you and what my doctor said to me "pain is good, it's telling you you are alive" then a I Say a little prayer for you and my pain goes away.

I pray for your recovery and for your family who must endure the unknown and anguish loved ones do when one of theirs is working to survive like you are.

Keep up the good fight, you almost there.

EBR
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
OP,

Does Doug need more donations?  I already contributed, but can put more into the kitty if he needs it.

Tell him we're thinking of him...I'm due for my 5th back surgery this week to remove hardware from the worst surgery I endured, so understand how rough it can be (albeit cursory).
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep at it Doug.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Good news on latest update.  Stay strong Doug!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Great news.  Here's to a successful recovery.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Praying for a quick recovery

Hang in there,we are all here for you
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Job situation has screwed up the finances, but if he needs a physical hand in Fl or help with transportation I'll try to make myself available.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there enough money to cover surgical/recovery expenses? Seems some unexpected "things" reared their ugly heads.

Glad to hear Doug is feeling better. 1 more to go.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been overlooking this pinned thread. Maybe a subject edit caught my eye. Whatever, today's payday. I don't have much, but I'm in for a little.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear that there was an upswing Doug, stay strong, we are with you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#16]
First time I've read this, our prayers go out to Doug and his family.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Just checking in on this.  How are donations going?  Are they covering the expenses?

Donated before, but can come up with more if needed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Would love a complete update.  Pulling for Doug!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#19]
In for second donation. We have enough members here that money should not be a concern for this guy. Dig deep guys. Maybe give up that night at the bar, the movies, or eating out this week and send the money to Doug.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Stay strong, Doug.  We'll keep praying and sharing the donation page.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Prayers sent for you and your family.......
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank God.

Still praying ... keep praying.

Appreciate the updates Striker !
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Just sent a little bit of money his way to the giveforward link, I hope he is finally on his road to recovery.  He is blessed to have you in his corner
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
I didn't have much to give but I hope it helps
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Excellent news! Keep up the good fight Doug!
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SpeyRod:
Excellent news! Keep up the good fight Doug!
View Quote

Revisited, till next paycheck.

I can forgo a few comforts.

Get well Doug!
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:46:24 AM EDT
[#30]
In for a few bucks, get well M4-CQBR.  Hope you get your quality of life back!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Happy to hear the good news.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Do we have any updates ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Not sure how I missed this. Just sent a few bucks.

Hope you get Better Doug, I'll pray for you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Still thinking about and praying for Doug.  Thanks again to everyone that stepped up to help him out...Members and Vendors!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Striker:
bump for update.
View Quote

Another $100 coming your way Doug, hang in their pal, we can get you through this thing and out the other side.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Hello to everyone! Wow what a long strange trip it's been... I've not had internet for the last 4-5 months. It was after things turned down hill for me that I decided it wasn't a priority and let it ride until they shut me off... but I am catching my neighbor's WiFi the last few days with his permission. And so I really wanted to take a minute to say hello and let you all know how amazing it is to me to come back now and see that you have all still been posting here, asking about me, and sending your support & prayers this whole time to let me know you have my back through all this. Since the severe complications I had to go through happened, from my kidneys failing to enduring a ruptured bowel & going septic; Well, to say the least, its been very hard for me & I've been in bed pretty much the whole time through it all- since I was online last and it continues. When I get to the other end of this I don't think I'll want to be laying down much for quite awhile. lol.
Actually to be honest, I am very lucky to be alive today. Without the support you all have sent my way I really don't know where I'd be, or how I would've gotten through what I did and I wouldn't have had the care that I did upon my return home... When I got back home from Florida which was hell to put it lightly; being able to have home care because of you all was something I never could've had without all of your support.  

I would really like to be able to write something personal to each and every one of you but this is the best I can do in that regard. Please just know that I have acknowledged & continue to acknowledge each and every person who has written to me, sent me little packages ;)  along with all of the prayers and support that you folks have all selflessly sent my way to help me through this battle. I have been healing well since I got back from FL. And I have been focusing on getting my body as strong as possible even though I am still having to endure complications that won't stop or go away until the mesh is removed. However, over all... that comment is meant to be a good thing- because I am finally stabilized on the right medications & strong enough after all that has happened since the end of spring to be able to endure what will be the hardest part of this all. Removing the mesh, repairing the internal damage and then having a complete abdominal wall reconstruction once the latter is completed.  As I mentioned, I am still with some serious issues in my groin area, with scar tissue build up from the mesh causing issues with the right side nerves of my groin, the right side femoral artery and then also the continued lower abdominal internal issues. I really can't explain them all, as it's just too gross to write about and the groin area issues to personal if you can give me that...

I do want to share that I had a phone conference Friday with the surgeon who will be performing the above mentioned surgery and he is the one who has told me I am finally at a point where my body is strong enough after going through what I have already... for him to be able to do this surgery & have me able to regain my life afterwards. It will be a long recovery but that is the main goal here! And he is the type of Dr. who will NOT perform a surgery on ANY of his patients unless he is positive that they will come out better off then before they go in.

Thank you all so very much for continuing to be here for me. It is truly a blessing to know how many folks are still praying for me and continue to support me in more ways than I could ever find the words to express. I have to stop writing for now but I will keep on checking in though & sharing what is going on...  I truly hope all of you are doing well and that you have enjoyed what I've been told has been one of the best summers we've had in a long long time. God willing I'll not miss another one. Many blessings to you all!

Best Regards,
M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Made my day Doug. Stay strong brother.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Great news.

Glad to hear things seem to be on the up-swing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad to hear that things are moving forward Ina good way Doug.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Great news.  Stay strong.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Good news indeed, and I'm glad to hear it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Great news! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Great to see an update directly-maybe things have finally turned the corner! Hoping it keeps heading this way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:08:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-CQBR] [#49]
I've been wanting to share this information with you folks for awhile now, mainly because it shows how the pharmaceutical company BARD/DAVOL (the makers of my mesh- which is the same as all the other polypropylene mesh out there) knew damn well that the material they were using "Marlex resin" & "Montell resin"  to make the polypropylene mesh that was put inside me (and many others) ... was & is NOT SAFE nor meant for use in the human body!  That is the first link here---> http://www.searcymasstort.com/blog/2013/07/15/bard-meshes-not-fit-for-human-implants-cover-up-alleged/

Then the second link here---> http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Bard-Exhibits-200-2-emails-concerning-Marlex-MSDS-and-coverup-20113073700.pdf  is a .pdf document that came out in a woman's mesh trial, (sadly there are still no mesh law suits or help in this regard on behalf of men to this day-  showing that the CEO's of BARD/DAVOL were writing inter-company emails to one another & to another supplier they found, making plans to continue acquiring the materials from this third party supplier without the supplier knowing it was even going to be used for a medical device/prosthetic implant and used in the human body... And this goes back to 2004! As well you will read how the CEO's of BARD/DAVOL wrote amongst one another to make sure that no one in the company would ever mention to the supplier making these resins DAVOL's company name, and or how they would form a shell company if you will; which is what they did- to be able to continue purchasing the material to make the mesh and keep on using it... They knew all this years before I had my hernia repair as I just mentioned & so did the FDA. They ALL knew long before I had my hernia surgery. And if my surgeon had kept his oath to do no harm, etc, etc. and given me an informed consent speech (which is required) as to the dangers of mesh or that he could have done the procedure without using mesh; I most likely would've had the chance to look into what "mesh" actually was and might have come across some of this info on the internet ... But he didn't tell me anything about mesh. He used the word only once with me and used it as if it was a band-aid, "The Golden Standard" he called it and when I asked him if in his 30yrs of doing hernia repairs if he had ever had ANY problems, his answer was "No, never" and off I went for surgery... He was apparently more concerned about the perks, vacations & a new Benz that he was getting for pushing the mesh; as is written & explained in the article where I was interviewed in November of 2014. (I have hyper-linked the article below if you want or need to refer to it)  And so I didn't find out about any of this until almost two years after the mesh was put inside me & well into surviving very severe complications; again all of this was done without my consent or me even being told that the mesh was a prosthetic implant.  
http://www.meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/hernia-mesh-injured-doug-bean-suffering-in-silence-and-neglect/

My only hope is that this info may help anyone who reads it to better understand the dangers of polypropylene mesh implants so this does not happen to you...

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top