User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Big_Papa, what stage?  What were your symptoms?  What lead to the diagnosis?

Is it stage IA, IB, IIA, IIB, III, IV?  When are they going to do the Whipple surgery?

And yes you're in my thoughts.

View Quote

The tumor is stage 2A at this point.  it is surrounding the pancreatic bile duct and the artery feeding the lower abdomen.  While it is operable at this point any growth will make it harder to operate.

They are waiting for 6 chemo treatments before the Whipple to kill any other cells in my body to try to prevent it from metastasizing anywhere else.  Also the hope is that the chemo will shrink the tumor making the operation safer.

I am going to put the following in bold in the hopes of helping someone else:

MY SYMPTOMS WERE SUDDEN ABDOMINAL PAIN AND DIGESTION ISSUES.  It was like a light switch.  Thursday, all good.  Friday severe pain and digestion issues.  I ignored the symptoms for about 2 weeks.  I was STUPID.  My body told me something was wrong and it took 2 weeks for me to go get checked out.  I only pray that 2 week delay is not the difference between victory and defeat.  Bottom line, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Go get checked when you know something is wrong.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hoping for the best buddy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers headed your way, OP. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
To not ask for the impossible is to insult God.  I pray A LOT these days.

My wife is stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer (inoperable) ----doing clinical research stuff with chemo and winning.

Fight,Fight, Fight.  

Remember the good days.....you will get through the bad ones----I promise.

Jesus Heals people.  That is what He does.  

Your family and close friends are going to become priceless.  You will learn things about yourself and others that are also going to be priceless.  You will get through this to His Glory. Be at peace and know that He's got this.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
So sorry brother. No way to sugar coat that. PC is not good. Good luck. I will pray for you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
fight cancer, beat cancer

wishing you all the best
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers inbound, hang tough brother!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The tumor is stage 2A at this point.  it is surrounding the pancreatic bile duct and the artery feeding the lower abdomen.  While it is operable at this point any growth will make it harder to operate.

They are waiting for 6 chemo treatments before the Whipple to kill any other cells in my body to try to prevent it from metastasizing anywhere else.  Also the hope is that the chemo will shrink the tumor making the operation safer.

MY SYMPTOMS WERE SUDDEN ABDOMINAL PAIN AND DIGESTION ISSUES.  It was like a light switch.  Thursday, all good.  Friday severe pain and digestion issues.  I ignored the symptoms for about 2 weeks.  I was STUPID.  My body told me something was wrong and it took 2 weeks for me to go get checked out.  I only pray that 2 week delay is not the difference between victory and defeat.  Bottom line, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Go get checked when you know something is wrong.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Big_Papa, what stage?  What were your symptoms?  What lead to the diagnosis?

Is it stage IA, IB, IIA, IIB, III, IV?  When are they going to do the Whipple surgery?

And yes you're in my thoughts.

I get what you're saying and you're right but we've all probably done the same thing before. I hope you don't beat yourself up too much for it. I've waited weeks and weeks because I thought I could tough out whatever it was.

Glad you finally went in!

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep fighting the good fight.  

Kick some ass,  you sound like you are doing as well as can be expected.  

I'll say a prayer for you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My wife is stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer (inoperable) ----doing clinical research stuff with chemo and winning.

Fight,Fight, Fight.  

Your family and close friends are going to become priceless.  You will learn things about yourself and others that are also going to be priceless.  You will get through this to His Glory. Be at peace and know that He's got this.

View Quote

May God bless and heal your wife.  I believe in His power for myself and your wife.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Praying for you all.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#15]
rock steady my brother!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Continued prayers bro.  Stay strong.

ETA:the chemo will likely make you feel like total and complete crap, but it has to do its thing.  I'm sure the doc(s) told you this.  It's true.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

May God bless and heal your wife.  I believe in His power for myself and your wife.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fight,Fight, Fight.  

Praying for all of you.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish you the best, go kick it's ass OP.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Prays for you and your family.
May you kick the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Kick it's ass, Big_Papa.

We're all pulling for you.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Good luck Papa! Our household will keep you in our thoughts.

Stay strong for your boy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Prayers are inbound, my dad recently finished his year long chemo and made it through (73yo) and I know an ARFCOMmer can too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Praying for you and your family. Stay strong and positive.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Thoughts and prayers.  

Hang tough.

Fck cancer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Good luck. Stay strong. Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Prayers out to you
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#28]
From someone who has been though it with a spouse, hang on for the ride! It will be a roller coaster whether you win or lose. One day, they will say looking good, then slap you with a CT scan that says otherwise.

I hope the chemo and surgery works for you. It did not for us. 2 months after surgery, metastasis.....6 months later, we lost.

Just two weeks ago, I lost a friend and neighbor to metastatic breast cancer. She had fought it for 5 years.

Good luck. Cancer is a nasty enemy!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Keep up the fight.

Prayers and best of luck sir.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Prayers to you and your family.

Keep strong in your faith.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#32]
UPDATE:

Glory be to God.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

This week's CT scan shows that after 3 chemo treatments, the pancreatic tumor has shrunk and there are no additional cancer growths detected in my body.

I still have a long road to go with chemo and surgery but this is the best news at this point of the treatment that could be asked for.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
UPDATE:

Glory be to God.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

This week's CT scan shows that after 3 chemo treatments, the pancreatic tumor has shrunk and there are no additional cancer growths detected in my body.

I still have a long road to go with chemo and surgery but this is the best news at this point of the treatment that could be asked for.
View Quote

Outstanding.

Never give up, never give in.

You are in all of our prayers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#35]
great update!

keep fighting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Great news. Keep fighting and doing what you're doing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Rest easy Papa, you are secure in the knowledge that this is all in His hands.  The test results are a confirmation of His will at this time and this moment.

Never, ever give up.  God can beat this, let Him and the docs swing the hammer, just get outta the way.

Prayers up for you and every body else fighting cancer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad to hear the good news OP.  Stay strong
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Glad to see your treatment is working for you.  Stay strong, keep fighting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Great update,keeping you in my prayers
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Great news keep at!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#44]
God bless, OP. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Good news!

I hope you continue to get good news.  

One of my customers at my former job,  Great guy,  had pancreatic cancer.  He beat it.  He looked absolutely terrible for a while,  but beat it nonetheless.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Awesome news
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Excellent news!
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Awesome 3/10 update!

You'll be around to see president bernie sworn in next year!
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Good deal OP!

My dad was diagnosed with stage-4 Multiple Myeloma over 5yrs ago.  The prognosis was

crap.  Dad's still going strong and (Fingers crossed) showing Cancer "free" these days
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top