Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 236
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I really hope they do Arthur Dayne justice next week.

“... I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right....”

- Jaime Lannister
View Quote

“The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed.”

– Eddard Stark
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, if Jon comes back as AA will he retain Jon Snow memories and persona or will he be a completely different person living in Jon Snow's former body?

Or, potato?  
View Quote

Barrion and Lady Stoneheart both remember who they are/were in the books.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Maybe so, but the ruby has glowed every other time.  Either they missed it in editing or she didn't do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course she did it unless you think Bo some coincidence, at that moment, somebody else nowhere nearby (and not privy to Jon's death) did it. Remember, nobody knows except the Watch and the Wildlngs, the Boltons still think he is alive.
Ghost was asleep the entire time she tried.  Then she left.  Then Ghost woke up and then Jon woke up.  Direwolves are things of the Old Gods.  Bran did it.  But the Red Woman will take credit and be even more annoying.

Or maybe Ghost woke up because he sensed Jon was coming back. The spirit rentering the body before the gasp of air.

Maybe so, but the ruby has glowed every other time.  Either they missed it in editing or she didn't do it.

I noticed that as well. Maybe this will be the way her god restores her faith?

It could be Bran, not ruling it out, but would he have the power to resurrect or would he have the power to influence the past to change the future? He didn't go back in time to prevent Jon's murder, he would have undone it.

Disclaimer - I'm a casual fan, not a devotee.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You shut your Trump mouth!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thornes right hand man, bald dude that pissed himself in the cellar when the wildlings came. Cant remember his name
Janos Slynt.  The guy Tyrion removed and sent to the wall.  He was also the one who betrayed Ned in Season 1 when he commanded the Gold Cloaks.  

Ned Stark was a traitor.  He tried to buy Janos Slynt's loyalty.  

You shut your Trump mouth!

Swing and a miss. The correct answer was "the fool, he had no idea you were already bought" or some variation thereof.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Younger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

was Lyanna Ned's older or younger sister?  i always thought from the books that she was younger but in the flashback she looked way older

Younger.

So, you're saying that the actress is...
...too old?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, if Jon comes back as AA will he retain Jon Snow memories and persona or will he be a completely different person living in Jon Snow's former body?

Or, potato?  

True, but they were not foretold in some prophecy as some "God" reborn in the flesh.

Not disagreeing, I just wonder if he comes back with some ancient knowledge or with a course of action that he now must do that he didn't have before. Or if someone will have to say, "You must be AA and he was prophesied to do this so now you must do this". Does that make since?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I still really don't understand why Davos is so obsessed with Jon
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I've give D&D a "get out of jail free" card if next week they have Jon burst into Thorne and/or Olly's cell and do this:

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

My money is on Ghost, I bet he would fuck those hounds up six ways from Sunday given the chance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

After last night, I'm hoping we get to see a little Direwolf v. Ramsey's Hounds.  

My money is on Ghost, I bet he would fuck those hounds up six ways from Sunday given the chance.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It could be Bran, not ruling it out, but would he have the power to resurrect or would he have the power to influence the past to change the future? He didn't go back in time to prevent Jon's murder, he would have undone it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course she did it unless you think Bo some coincidence, at that moment, somebody else nowhere nearby (and not privy to Jon's death) did it. Remember, nobody knows except the Watch and the Wildlngs, the Boltons still think he is alive.
Ghost was asleep the entire time she tried.  Then she left.  Then Ghost woke up and then Jon woke up.  Direwolves are things of the Old Gods.  Bran did it.  But the Red Woman will take credit and be even more annoying.

Or maybe Ghost woke up because he sensed Jon was coming back. The spirit rentering the body before the gasp of air.

I've seen no evidence at this point that Bran has powers of that kind, so I'm not sure why that's such a strong theory.  My point, though, was that I don't think the Melisandre-Jon thing is as straightforward as it appeared on the surface. I have a feeling things will be clarified though.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've give D&D a "get out of jail free" card if next week they have Jon burst into Thorne and/or Olly's cell and do this:

http://i.imgur.com/PvkMgdK.gif

View Quote

I understood that reference within a reference.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She didn't do it any more than Thoros did it. They are the conduits for R'hllor's gift (the middleman).

The ruby and the resulting magic are parlor tricks in comparison.

(If R'hllor is actually responsible for the resurrection)
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Since they go out of their way to call Hodor a stable boy; I'm betting he gets kicked in the head by a big assed horse.
Hence---he's Hodor-ized.

View Quote

he's been called a stable boy since book 1
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Correct. The thing is, Tyrion, out of all three of them, is the only one like Tywin.  I don't see him as a Targaryen.  Jaime and Cersei -- neither one is anything like Tywin at all.  They're both more like Aerys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will the proponents of Tyrion being a Secret Targ please explain to me when and where Aerys and Joanna were in close enough contact to conceive him? Because I'm just not seeing it.

Joanna and Tywin's bedding.

We're told that Aerys took "liberties" with her during that, which strained his future interactions with Tywin.

Jaime and Cersei would be his bastards then, not Tyrion.

Correct. The thing is, Tyrion, out of all three of them, is the only one like Tywin.  I don't see him as a Targaryen.  Jaime and Cersei -- neither one is anything like Tywin at all.  They're both more like Aerys.

that's part of it.  his biological children missed most of what he taught them.  tyrion, who he despised and isn't even a true lannister learned the lessons he taught and became more his son than any of them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"Plunging his sword into someone he loves" could be... y'know... a euphamism. Just like Ser Loras plunging his sword into Renly for all those years

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's not how it works.  blood magic requires a sacrifice...you have to love something or someone for it to be a sacrifice. killing your enemies ain't a sacrifice.  the question is whether lightbringer is a literal sword, or an alliance he'll forge

"Plunging his sword into someone he loves" could be... y'know... a euphamism. Just like Ser Loras plunging his sword into Renly for all those years

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since they go out of their way to call Hodor a stable boy; I'm betting he gets kicked in the head by a big assed horse.
Hence---he's Hodor-ized.

I noticed that in the "flashback" Wyllis/Hodor already had the scar on his forehead. Figured they would use that as the "why Hodor is Hodor" head injury story (rather than just some makeup to cover Kristian Nairn's tattoo).
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Everyone is gonna be SNOW IS BACK! And I'm like Tyrion just walked up there talked to and touched the Dragons.....HELLO people this is important!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
like i said a few seasons ago.

Tyrion is a targ.

book it.

Everyone is gonna be SNOW IS BACK! And I'm like Tyrion just walked up there talked to and touched the Dragons.....HELLO people this is important!!!

been saying that ever since he drew up a special saddle for bran to ride after his back was broken...odds are those straps are going to be handy for dragon riders
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Heads will definitely roll. I highly doubt Jon 2.0 is going to as merciful as his previous self.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll predict that Jon doesn't have to do any fucking-upping once he walks out the room breathing again.

Thorne shits bricks, drops to his knees and swears undying devotion to him once he realizes the gravity of his errors. Everyone else falls in line. Once again, the Watchers on the Wall are unified. Davos does more diplomatic work stressing that people need to band together against the undead/White Walkers.

I think heads will roll.  He's got a little Ned in him.  Or does he?    

Heads will definitely roll. I highly doubt Jon 2.0 is going to as merciful as his previous self.

I certainly hope so, I want Jon 2.0 to be the GoT equivalent of this guy (but with less dick-swinging)

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I had a chopper's skills, I'd add a punisher skull onto the mountain's chest and add in the text "You seem familiar".

http://i.imgur.com/3CfKI5V.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Zombie Mountain VS Wun Wun instead of Clegane Bowel perhaps???
View Quote

nope.  we're gonna find out who the top dawg is
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"I drink and I know things"
View Quote

You and me both brudda
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guessing Davos realizes the depth of the river of shit they are all in with the white walkers, and that Jon and his unification plan and leadership (as a Stark) has some chance at saving Westeros.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Zombie Mountain VS Wun Wun instead of Clegane Bowel perhaps???
View Quote

Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun -5000

Ser Robert Strong +3500
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't the whole "who's jon going to plunge the sword into?" discussion.

1) That was ONE VERSION of the story regarding Azor Ahai that come from the Red God people.

B) Nearly every culture has some story of how the humans defeated the Others that is centered around a Hero of some sort, in Westeros nobody outside Mel and Thoros would know wtf you were talking about if you said "Azor Ahai". They think it was the First Men and Children of the forest with the help of some "Last Hero" (likely one of the First Men, maybe a Stark), and then they all have a BBQ and raise a magic wall.

3) On Sothoros they've probably got their own version.

D) At any rate the Sword has already been forged since we have a whole story about it so there is no point in him plunging it into anyone's heart because his wife Nissan Xterra already fell on that grenade for Humanity's sake 8,000 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I don't the whole "who's job going to plunge the sword into?" discussion.

1) That was ONE VERSION of the story regarding Azor Ahai that come from the Red God people.

B) Nearly every culture has some story of how the humans defeated the Others that is centered around a Hero of some sort, in Westeros nobody outside Mel and Thoros would know wtf you were talking about if you said "Azor Ahai". They think it was the First Men and Children of the forest with the help of some "Last Hero" (likely one of the First Men, maybe a Stark), and then they all have a BBQ and raise a magic wall.

D) At any rate the Sword has already been forged since we have a whole story about it so there is no point in him plunging it into anyone's heart because his wife Nissan Xterra already fell on that grenade for Humanity's sake 8,000 years ago.
View Quote
I tend to agree.  If anyone qualifies it is going to be Olly.  I don't see Jon killing Ghost or anyone else he cares about.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is why I am curious about Jon's consciousness as Azor Ahai if that is the direction they take.

Will people be like "Jon your alive!" And Jon will answer " I am no longer Jon Snow, I am now Azor Ahai!". Or, will the people be like "Holy shit! Its Azor Ahai!". At this point I think we will have to just wait and see.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I tend to agree.  If anyone qualifies it is going to be Olly.  I don't see Jon killing Ghost or anyone else he cares about.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME AFTER TOTALLY COCK-BLOCKING ME A FEW PAGES BACK?!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Book Jon: probably not.  Show Jon: who knows with Dumb & Dumber?  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

davos is supposed to be chasing down rickon for wyman manderly.  for the show, his king has been killed and he sees an honorable man to follow. he's seen what's coming and knows that jon is in charge of the group that's going to be in the front lines against the abominable snowmen.he probably also sees some vestige of the sons he lost fighting for stannis
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is why I am curious about Jon's consciousness as Azor Ahai if that is the direction they take.

Will people be like "Jon your alive!" And Jon will answer " I am no longer Jon Snow, I am now Azor Ahai!". Or, will the people be like "Holy shit! Its Azor Ahai!". At this point I think we will have to just wait and see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, like I said nobody outside Volantis and maybe a few other free cities nobody knows what an Azor Ahai even is. In Westeros, there was a warrior called the "Last Hero" who finally defeated the Others...with a lot of help from the other First Men and COTF.

Although that does remind me - Last Action Hero wasn't a bad movie. Arnie gets a lot of shit over it but I thought it was funny. Remember the part where Stallone is playing Terminator and Arnie was like "he was great in the movie!"

I'm drunk, carry on with your Doomsday Night's King talk. Although I still maintain that both the Night's King was a Stark (remember always a Starrk on the Wall) and the "Last Hero" was also likely a Stark. Jon being an obvious Targ makes my theory weird but don't discount Bran and Rickon. Jon can do enough cool shit without defeating the Night's King and stealing Brans glory. He's a bastard anyway and no one likes him.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#32]
is there an alliance with the wildlings or not?
Why would a giant break the door down if they were allies; it would be open right? Or, who wasnt watching the #@$$ wall to stop a small group from getting anywhere close.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why would a giant break the door down if they were allies; it would be open right? Or, who wasnt watching the #@$$ wall to stop a small group from getting anywhere close.
View Quote

The alliance is with Jon and they just murdered him.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just...wow.

Edd ran out to tell whatshisname (the one that always talks about his "member" and says "harr!" to everything) and the other Wildings that Jon has been murdered for saving them from a certain death. They are not happy by this turn of events. Castle Black isn't really a Castle because after the Night's King all the Northern Lords demanded their "castles" be accessible from the rear since they had a giant wall to the front and that was where the threat was. So anyway, Edd tells, whatshisfuckingname, he's Mance's right hand, dammit I'm not googling, anyway Edd tells the "me member Harrr!" guy and they coming running to get vengeance on Jon's killers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/happycynic/media/SYJSVVv_zpspjltjxwu.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/happycynic/SYJSVVv_zpspjltjxwu.gif</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/happycynic/media/SYJSVVv_zpspjltjxwu.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/happycynic/SYJSVVv_zpspjltjxwu.gif</a>

From Page 41
Quoted:
They fucked up. The spell should've looked like it didn't work and they carried him on out to the pyre and then when the flames start licking his body he wakes and jumps down, unburnt and angry.

Looks like a half-assed Tower of Joy scene coming next week for Bran to see.

It will never be as good as some kid's youtube video and Gurm's version....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv-UtJQk5Q
Tower of Joy

From Page 46...
Quoted:
Here is the scene that was in the first book but cut from the first season of the show.  It is Ned's dream when he was wounded by Jamie.

http://youtu.be/Nqv-UtJQk5Q

That's Cooooooold-Blooded bro. I thought we were better than that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I noticed that in the "flashback" Wyllis/Hodor already had the scar on his forehead. Figured they would use that as the "why Hodor is Hodor" head injury story (rather than just some makeup to cover Kristian Nairn's tattoo).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hence---he's Hodor-ized.

the books really don't mention when he became addled or how. there's a theory he's a bastard descendant oF duncan the tall since he and egg are supposed to be winterfell bound
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Also Nan looked too young in the flashback, ain't she supposed to be like 100 at the start of the series.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe he's the sacrifice?  Jon loves Olly.  Lightbringer here we come!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olly has got to go, but I don't see David & Dan having Jon execute him.
Maybe he's the sacrifice?  Jon loves Olly.  Lightbringer here we come!

I think you've hit it right on the head. The Starks do the executions themselves. Jon will be put into a position where he has to execute them and he will opt to kill Olly himself out of love and duty. Longclaw turns into lightbringer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm drunk, carry on with your Doomsday Night's King talk. Although I still maintain that both the Night's King was a Stark (remember always a Starrk on the Wall) and the "Last Hero" was also likely a Stark. Jon being an obvious Targ makes my theory weird but don't discount Bran and Rickon. Jon can do enough cool shit without defeating the Night's King and stealing Brans glory. He's a bastard anyway and no one likes him.
View Quote

agree with you on jon and who's "AA?"

it's always a stark in winterfell, not the wall.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Also Nan looked too young in the flashback, ain't she supposed to be like 100 at the start of the series.
View Quote

yes...an old woman already when ned was a boy
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm leaning this way now as well and think gray scale friendzone is going to fetch the sword from the relics abandoned in Valyria when his condition gets bad enough that he can get in and out unmolested.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

The casting call for the part wanted an actress aged 45-65 years (she looks to be in her 50's in the episode).

Add the show specific 25+ years for the flashback and it's not that far off.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
it's always a stark in winterfell, not the wall.
View Quote

But both I mean. Obviously always a Stark in Winterfell, until recently, but remember when Ned is talking it up to Jon and saying shit like "You really are my blood, you're a Stark, and there's always been a Stark on that wall because we know how important it is blah blah blah."

And then Ned's like I just totally got rid of my whore of a sister's bastard by sending him to be raped nightly by a bunch of criminals in the coldest most inhospitable place on earth, and he laughs about it.

Ok that second part wasn't in there but I'm pretty sure the first was. The first 1/3 of the first book. I don't know he said ALWAYS but he said something to that affect, like any second or third Stark son would serve on the Wall if they were able. I'm sure at some points they weren't but I think he was trying to say that for Jon's sake there needs to be a Stark on the Wall. You know, your uncle isn't a kid anymore and has the most dangerous job in the world as first ranger so you need to go up there and be the Stark on the wall because we always try to represent our House up there and treat them well when they come through here. I don't know. I'm rambling.

Anyone else remember Ned saying that or am I talking out my ass? I did a full re-read of all 5 thinking that 6 coming out before the season (burn in hell grrm, you lazy whore) and I swear I think he said that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm leaning this way now as well and think gray scale friendzone is going to fetch the sword from the relics abandoned in Valyria when his condition gets bad enough that he can get in and out unmolested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that. And since he's a dead man walking anyways, he finds Queen Snacksalot and her Crones of the Round Table and is all like "plunge this into my heart so you can save the world!" and as he lays there dying he remembers..."right she never did love me, that was all in my head, fuuuuuuuuu"...and dies.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
You expect someone on GD to go back FIVE pages to look for something?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

And then Ned's like I just totally got rid of my whore of a sister's bastard by sending him to be raped nightly by a bunch of criminals in the coldest most inhospitable place on earth, and he laughs about it.

View Quote
I think Ned lived in fear of Jon getting a girl preggers and having to explain a grandkid with silver hair and violet eyes.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/happycynic/media/nobody_zpsrzzl5yqi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/happycynic/nobody_zpsrzzl5yqi.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/happycynic/media/nobody_zpsrzzl5yqi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/happycynic/nobody_zpsrzzl5yqi.jpg</a>

I can't get this skit or the song out of my head since that post. That is your fault too. Coooooooold bloooooded.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hence---he's Hodor-ized.

I'm betting he gets whacked in the head during a fight or something, since old Nan said something like, "You don't need to learn to fight, you're a stable boy."
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I can't get this skit or the song out of my head since that post.

View Quote
Try this one.

Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top