Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 236
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
SPOILER:

Season 5 went off the rails and was the worst season.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes.  I am hoping we at least get a release date for Winds before S6 airs so I can make an informed decision.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm torn.    Anyone considering not watching the show until you've read the next book?

Yes.  I am hoping we at least get a release date for Winds before S6 airs so I can make an informed decision.

Just as soon as Gurm is done with his world tour of hoagie shops and bathhouses.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"The Wall" should last all of about five minutes once the White Walkers decide to take it. Heck, Mance's undisciplined mob of tribesman nearly took it and now with Stannis's army decimated and the Watch probably fighting the Free Folk/ Wildlings as soon as they stabbed Jon Snow in the back my guess is that there will not be many Brothers of the Nights Watch idiots left to defend The Wall.  The White Walkers just might be able to push up the gate and waltz right through.  I know folks say that The Wall is protected by magic, but I doubt the White Walkers would be making their move without some ace up their sleeve to overcome that little issue.

The Boltons are the only ones with any sizeable force in the North that is at least organized. If the Vale comes up that would be good, but not good if the Vale ends up fighting the Boltons and destroying each other before the White Walkers even show up.  Heck, the Seven Kingdoms is doing all the work for the White Walkers.

I think Danny's vision of the crumbled Red Keep with falling snow is going to prove to be true.  I think the White Walkers are going to go all the way down to Kings Landing before she shows up with her Dragons. Next season should basically be total slaughter. Nights Watch and Wildlings fighting, Boltons and Vale fighting, White Walkers fighting everyone.  Should be the most action packed season yet.

View Quote

quoted for laughter later on.  

"mance's undisciplined mob of tribesmen" was the largest group of wildlings in one place in centuries.  part of what makes them no threat beyond the occasional raid is their difficulty in working together or "kneeling" to any common authority.  it's a major accomplishment to have brought them together like that.  

the Wall wasn't built for humans.  it is a magical creation and obviously the magic is still woking, or coldhands could pass through it.  Others and Wights are going to have to wait for the magic to be destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SPOILER:

Season 5 went off the rails and was the worse season.
View Quote

And yet it cleaned house at the EMMY Awards setting a record for most emmys won in a single year with 12 (the previous record was 9) including Best Drama, Best Directing, and Best Writing.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just as soon as Gurm is done with his world tour of hoagie shops and bathhouses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm torn.    Anyone considering not watching the show until you've read the next book?

He clearly stated he will not give a release date again.  It will be done when it's done.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"mance's undisciplined mob of tribesmen" was the largest group of wildlings in one place in centuries.  part of what makes them no threat beyond the occasional raid is their difficulty in working together or "kneeling" to any common authority.  it's a major accomplishment to have brought them together like that.  

the Wall wasn't built for humans.  it is a magical creation and obviously the magic is still woking, or coldhands could pass through it.  Others and Wights are going to have to wait for the magic to be destroyed.
View Quote

The fact that they organized at all was a major accomplishment, but they still never had much discipline and that is pointed out in the books over and over about how they couldn't go up against a real military force, Whereas, clearly, the White Walkers could go up against any military force in the realm.

The White Walkers are making their move. If their leader is the Night's King he knows about the Wall, he knows that it's enchanted, and he definitely has a plan to overcome that or he wouldn't be making his move.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't get the "Little Finger" in the show.

I still don't understand why he would give up Sansa Stark to the Boltons.  How does that make any strategic sense?

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The fact that they organized at all was a major accomplishment, but they still never had much discipline and that is pointed out in the books over and over about how they couldn't go up against a real military force, Whereas, clearly, the White Walkers could go up against any military force in the realm.

The White Walkers are making their move. If their leader is the Night's King he knows about the Wall, he knows that it's enchanted, and he definitely has a plan to overcome that or he wouldn't be making his move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd assume that he's looking for the Horn of Joramun, (the real one), which would permit him to wipe out a section of the Wall.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd assume that he's looking for the Horn of Joramun, (the real one), which would permit him to wipe out a section of the Wall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

theoretically recovered at the Fist of the First Men with the cache of dragonglass...unless a game of 3 card monty has it on a longship turning lungs to charcoal
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's get it on!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would definitely explain why the White Walkers showed up at the Fist of the First Men.  I mean they likely weren't interested in the small recon by force being carried out by the Nights Watch, they were there for some other reason and just happened to run into the Nights Watch.  

Nights King is pretty awesome and I hope we get to see a lot more of him in this season.  Be cool if he talked to show the White Walkers as more than just mute monsters.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
If nothing else, I'm in to see just what The Mountain has turned into.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let's get it on!  
View Quote

Amen brother!

I want to see some battles and it should be a bloody affair. Enough of the long banter, we've had enough character development now to do a little less long political scenes and a lot more fighting.  I want to see the White Walkers' spiders as big as hounds. I was to see the Knights of the Vale and the Boltons going at it man to man in a snowy field with some epic camera angles. I want to see total chaos at The Wall.  I was to see the look on faces of Lord Bolton and Lord Baelish when they realize that "yup, there really are White Walkers."  

I wouldn't be surprised if the Free Folk overtake the Nights Watch an end up trying to hold the Wall themselves. It would be truly ironic.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If nothing else, I'm in to see just what The Mountain has turned into.
View Quote

Yup, we've got enough epic trial by combat this season I hope.

If the Hound somehow lived, healed up, and comes back to fight his brother that would be Epic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh well, our cable cost jumped up and I had to cut it back to the bare bones. No HBO for a while.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:09:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I still don't understand why he would give up Sansa Stark to the Boltons.  How does that make any strategic sense?
View Quote

It doesn't.

Hopefully it gets explained next season, but with Dumb & Dumber I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It doesn't.

Hopefully it gets explained next season, but with Dumb & Dumber I'm not holding my breath.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't.

Yeah, I don't think that is going to happen in the books.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Let's just say it was an attempt to combine two completely incompatible characters from the books.  In the books Ramsey marries "fake Arya," who is Jayne Poole, Sansa's maid who was "trained" by Littlefinger to be a submissive sex toy and not reveal her true identity.  She only exists in the books to provide Theon with his redemption moment which we saw at the end of Season 5.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Let's just say it was an attempt to combine two completely incompatible characters from the books.  In the books Ramsey marries "fake Arya," who is Jayne Poole, Sansa's maid who was "trained" by Littlefinger to be a submissive sex toy and not reveal her true identity.  She only exists in the books to provide Theon with his redemption moment which we saw at the end of Season 5.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Ramsay's mistreatment of "fake Arya", whom everyone assumes is the real one, becomes the straw that breaks the camels back for the Northerners.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And Ramsay's mistreatment of "fake Arya", whom everyone assumes is the real one, becomes the straw that breaks the camels back for the Northerners.
View Quote

Yup and what Ramsay does to Sansa on the show is fairly tamed compared to what Ramsay does to "Arya" in the books.

Also (and I know you know this, Ned) Sophie Turner (Sansa) actually found her rape scene to be fun to film.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yup and what Ramsay does to Sansa on the show is fairly tamed compared to what Ramsay does to "Arya" in the books.

Also (and I know you know this, Ned) Sophie Turner (Sansa) actually found her rape scene to be fun to film.

http://i.imgur.com/wdt93xe.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really would not be surprised to find out that Sophie is really into hardcore BSDM.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He clearly stated he will not give a release date again.  It will be done when it's done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is never.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I really would not be surprised to find out that Sophie is really into hardcore BSDM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Combined with her proclivity towards TOUCHING OTHER WOMEN she certianly doesn't seem like she would be boring in the bedroom.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#24]
which one of you geeks can answer this question:

was coldhands benjen stark?

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not even for a second, I'm familiar with Martin missing deadlines and dragging "almost ready" books out since Storm of Swords became a "here's half the book I'm writing, seriously I'm writing, tons, part 2 of this will be out real soon, I promise, really" project. So I'm watching it no matter what.

I also am looking forward to Brandon Sanderson wrapping the book series up eventually too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even for a second, I'm familiar with Martin missing deadlines and dragging "almost ready" books out since Storm of Swords became a "here's half the book I'm writing, seriously I'm writing, tons, part 2 of this will be out real soon, I promise, really" project. So I'm watching it no matter what.

I also am looking forward to Brandon Sanderson wrapping the book series up eventually too.

Sanderson did a good job finishing out the Wheel of Time series.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Tagging in on page 2
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in on 2. Gonna have to live vicariously through you guys until it hits blu ray
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

According to GRRM:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

According to GRRM:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to GRRM:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Which is never.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is never.

Oh..I think he might be able to finish the next one.  It won't be out for another year  though,  I bet.  There's absolutely no way he'll finish the last one.  If he's having this much trouble finishing the penultimate book, he's going to have all sorts of trouble wrapping the final book up.

It's taking him longer and longer to finish the books.  He's up to 6 years between books now and it's growing longer between each book.  I would guess it would take him 7 or 8 years to finish the last one.  He's not going to make it, or he'll just give up.

The funny thing is, the books were better when it took him less time to write them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to GRRM:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

I agree with this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In on one, in the name of the one true king, Jon Targaryan.
View Quote

Do you even spoil alert bro?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on one, in the name of the one true king, Jon Targaryan.

It's not a spoiler, just a fan theory.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oh..I think he might be able to finish the next one.  It won't be out for another year  though,  I bet.  There's absolutely no way he'll finish the last one.  If he's having this much trouble finishing the penultimate book, he's going to have all sorts of trouble wrapping the final book up.

It's taking him longer and longer to finish the books.  He's up to 6 years between books now and it's growing longer between each book.  I would guess it would take him 7 or 8 years to finish the last one.  He's not going to make it, or he'll just give up.

The funny thing is, the books were better when it took him less time to write them.
View Quote

Yep. we just need to form an angry mob of fans and surround his house, not leaving until the books are both done. At the same time.

Food deliveries once a month, he'll be fine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to GRRM:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

i don't think so.  roasting with egg at summerhall fits better
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Honestly thought that this thread would gain more traction.

Also, eagerly awaiting the trailer for S6.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Winter is coming
View Quote

When?

Txl
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Honestly thought that this thread would gain more traction.

Also, eagerly awaiting the trailer for S6.
View Quote

It's going a lot faster than last year's thread.

Last year's thread took over 3 weeks to make it to page 3.  We're still under 24 hours and we're almost there already.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.  Timeline doesn't fit, descriptions don't fit.

What was posted above in spoiler tag, maybe.  We just don't know enough about that character and what happened to him yet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:48:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What was posted above in spoiler tag, maybe.  We just don't know enough about that character and what happened to him yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish the show would have included him.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:55:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just another ancillary character that even the book didn't tie in even all the way to the logical conclusion of his usefulness.  No reason for him in the show.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:01:40 AM EDT
[#42]
I can't wait for the Dragons,.  I read an article that they will be twice the size they were last season.  So in Season 5 Drogons wing span was 60 ft.    So in Season 6 his wing span is going to be 120ft.  Can you imagine how fucking big he is going to be?  Its gonna be crazy.    I think Tyrion may release Viserion and Rhaegal also.   Allowing them to eat at will makes them bigger.     There is a fan theory that Tyrion is half Targaryen.   There has to be 3 riders because there are 3 Dragons.   It sounds plausible.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Dragons,.  I read an article that they will be twice the size they were last season.  So in Season 5 Drogons wing span was 60 ft.    So in Season 6 his wing span is going to be 120ft.  Can you imagine how fucking big he is going to be?  Its gonna be crazy.    I think Tyrion may release Viserion and Rhaegal also.   Allowing them to eat at will makes them bigger.     There is a fan theory that Tyrion is half Targaryen.   There has to be 3 riders because there are 3 Dragons.   It sounds plausible.
View Quote

In the books, it's  said that Balerion was big enough to swallow a mammoth whole, and had teeth as long as long-swords.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#44]
In like sin.  Winter is in fact, coming...
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Winter is here and spring will be coming by the time this season starts. Time to watch old episodes and catch up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Winter is coming
View Quote

Allegedly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just another ancillary character that even the book didn't tie in even all the way to the logical conclusion of his usefulness.  No reason for him in the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but he would have looked cool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  I am hoping we get a release date for Winds before S6 airs.  

Sorry to be the bearing of bad news, but....

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-winds-of-winter-wont-be-done-in-time-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

I just got this last night. I should be done by the time the new book comes out.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Cant wait.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Winter is coming
View Quote

was -18 here last night.....think I saw a white walker peeking in the window
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top