View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crank up the volume.

https://youtu.be/pRPMdY6hg50

I like it!

So do i.  All of these make it so obvious what is missing from the current engines.  The tech is awesome, but the soulful sound is completely absent.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Crank up the volume.

View Quote

Should have kept going through the years. But an amazing add.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to get together with a bunch of my friends and watch the races. Several of us would tape the race to make sure we got every race. Then we get together and make a party of watching the races. Went to Long Beach a couple of years ('79-'80) and had a great time. Villenueve, Lauda, Rosberg, Piquet, Arnoux, Prost were amazing to watch.

Ferrari, Tyrell, McLaren, they all had decent cars. Awesome sounding cars but the Ligier Matra V12 was one of my favorites. I get goose bumps just hearing it.

Tracks were different too. They went to some down right scary places and safety wasn't a major consideration in construction.

A bit of the passing of the guard, as we're starting to see now.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Today is Jules Birthday
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So do i.  All of these make it so obvious what is missing from the current engines.  The tech is awesome, but the soulful sound is completely absent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crank up the volume.

I like it!

Yup. But hey... as long as we FEEL like we're saving the planet... it's all good, right? We're going to friggin BORE this planet to a coma long before we kill it with emissions. The SOUND of Formula One is what brought me to the sport and made me a passionate fan. But that sound is gone, the "racing" is boring as hell, etc. I feel like I've watched someone dying of cancer here. F1 is almost dead (to me at least). The passion and love is being replaced with cold, sterile apathy... day by day... "race" by race.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
lol @ Seb starting his cool down lap a little early in Germany. He was ready for break!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/8/watch---vettel_s-chequered-flag-mix-up-in-germany.html
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Crank up the volume.

They stopped at the V-10s, the pinnacle of F1 engines, so I'm good with it.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They stopped at the V-10s, the pinnacle of F1 engines, when Ferrari quit winning so I'm good with it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crank up the volume.

They stopped at the V-10s, the pinnacle of F1 engines, when Ferrari quit winning so I'm good with it.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crank up the volume.

Not true!  They pulled one out in 2007, Though that was more due to Lewis and Fernando fighting like little girls on the playground than anything they did.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm watching Brazil 2012, v8s sound good. Vettel hit on lap 1, pushed to last, Alonso in point lead, Hulkenberg runs in P1 for a long time, Vettel comes back from last to take the championship, great racing throughout.

Oh and intermittent rain, rain always makes the racing better.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Bernie wants to get paid

Formula 1 recently reversed its ill-received rules on team radio restrictions, a rare win for the fans. (Well, ostensibly, at least: The decision likely had more to do with Mercedes-AMG, currently the sport’s most powerful team, being penalized for violations at the British Grand Prix. But whatever.) Not only did the FIA do away with a ban on strategic chatter, but also freed up other radio messages previously kept private by teams. This, says the FIA, improves the race experience for spectators.

And, as if on cue, hearing that F1 followers might find some enjoyment in the sport, Bernie Ecclestone emerged from under his bridge to straighten us out.

According to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, Ecclestone plans to “sell” the newly available radio communications. That likely means a tiered paywall, wherein the public has to pay for varying levels of access to talk between drivers and the pit wall. So, for the average fan, this basically negates the release of those new radio messages.
View Quote

Make the world a better place
Punch Bernie Ecclestone in the face
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bernie wants to get paid

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bernie wants to get paid

Formula 1 recently reversed its ill-received rules on team radio restrictions, a rare win for the fans. (Well, ostensibly, at least: The decision likely had more to do with Mercedes-AMG, currently the sport’s most powerful team, being penalized for violations at the British Grand Prix. But whatever.) Not only did the FIA do away with a ban on strategic chatter, but also freed up other radio messages previously kept private by teams. This, says the FIA, improves the race experience for spectators.

And, as if on cue, hearing that F1 followers might find some enjoyment in the sport, Bernie Ecclestone emerged from under his bridge to straighten us out.

According to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, Ecclestone plans to “sell” the newly available radio communications. That likely means a tiered paywall, wherein the public has to pay for varying levels of access to talk between drivers and the pit wall. So, for the average fan, this basically negates the release of those new radio messages.

Far be it from me to defend Bernie, but he is just following the Nascar model of charging for full radio coms.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Far be it from me to defend Bernie, but he is just following the Nascar model of charging for full radio coms.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bernie wants to get paid

According to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, Ecclestone plans to "sell” the newly available radio communications. That likely means a tiered paywall, wherein the public has to pay for varying levels of access to talk between drivers and the pit wall. So, for the average fan, this basically negates the release of those new radio messages.

To be fair though, NASCAR doesn't try to actively drive fans away... F1 does.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Haryanto out at Manor

Replaced by Ocon. I hope he kicks Wherlein's ass. Tired of hearing about him, like he's the second coming of Schumacher.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Haryanto out at Manor

Replaced by Ocon. I hope he kicks Wherlein's ass. Tired of hearing about him, like he's the second coming of Schumacher.
View Quote
to be fair.. in recent years it seems that Germans are good at racing

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Was curious on the time gaps for Mercedes at each race up to the summer break. Ended up creating an infographic.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Was curious on the time gaps for Mercedes at each race up to the summer break. Ended up creating an infographic.

http://i.imgur.com/DJGFxGo.jpg
View Quote

That's cool. Well done.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Haryanto out at Manor

View Quote

Oh c'mon, don't tell me you wouldn't love to see Pascal in Nico's seat beating the hell out of Lewis.... not that it would happen, but who knows.

I'm holding out for Fernando to get a Merc drive... 2007 all over again. This alone would make F1 great again!

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Oh c'mon, don't tell me you wouldn't love to see Pascal in Nico's seat beating the hell out of Lewis.... not that it would happen, but who knows.

I'm holding out for Fernando to get a Merc drive... 2007 all over again. This alone would make F1 great again!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Haryanto out at Manor

That would be entertaining.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haryanto out at Manor

2019 will be his next chance (which would be his 18th season in F1).
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Ok folks, Summer break is pretty much over because in 1 week we're racing at Spa Francorchamps!

Formula1.com Epic Spa Moments (there's some awesome video in there)
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:51:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Spa race is best race.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok folks, Summer break is pretty much over because in 1 week we're racing at Spa Francorchamps!

Spa race is best race.

This man speaks the truth.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spa race is best race.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I always point to Spa 2004 when people say that Kimi is an average driver.  That Mclaren wasn't much more than a midfield car, and he carved EVERYONE up that day, including Schumacher in one of the best Ferraris to ever take to the track.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I always point to Spa 2004 when people say that Kimi is an average driver.  That Mclaren wasn't much more than a midfield car, and he carved EVERYONE up that day, including Schumacher in one of the best Ferraris to ever take to the track.  
View Quote

His pass of Schumacher at Eau Rouge a few seasons ago (2013?) was epic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2012, and yes it was...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#31]
BELGIAN GP SCHEDULE

Friday 8/26
FP1 4am
FP2 8am

Saturday 8/27
FP3 5am
Quali 8am

Sundat 8/28
Race 8am

FANTASY PICKS DUE BY 7:55AM SATURDAY 8/27
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#32]
What channel is quali on? NBCS has soccer; it's also not on CNBC or regular NBC.[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_noSmile.gif[/img

ETA: I see it on NBCS at 1:00pm EST. Dafuq?!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hamilton is going to end up taking at least a 10 grid spot penalty, he could start last. (may take a 30 spot penalty)

Could be fun seeing him trying to pass Max

View Quote

I hope the Red Bulls have the top speed and Max and Dan both podium.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Hamilton is going to end up taking at least a 10 grid spot penalty, he could start last. (may take a 30 spot penalty)

Could be fun seeing him trying to pass Max

View Quote

That should make for some interesting radio conversation.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
2012, and yes it was...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2012, and yes it was...

I remember that one, he took a page out of Mark Webber's book, and did the same thing in a worse car.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:02:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Cars are on track am at Spa!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone up for FP2?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#41]
FP2 is running.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#42]
watching now
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
watching now
View Quote

Nice to see F1 at Spa. Feels right.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

watching now

FP2 order is all sorts of weird.  Lots of teams with issues with the tires in the heat.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#45]
FP3 results, better have fantasy picks in!

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#46]
30 minutes to quali.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quali time!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quali time!
View Quote

Link to Sky?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Ham did not move on to Q2?  What did I miss?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ham did not move on to Q2?  What did I miss?
View Quote

30 place grid penalty for changing parts.
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top