Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 78
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You guys go watch the video again..

Kvyat enters the corner with excessive speed.. it's not the overtaking the issue, but the following trajectory... he ends up completely at the outside (Left ) of the track...  where Vettel and kimi  would have been if vettel didnt try to give him more room (Touching kimi unfortunately )

Long story short if vettel didn't open his trajectory we would have had Kvyat colliding in both vettel and kimi at the end of the corner...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kvyat is a fucking moron
View Quote

But is of much stronk, no?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hammy must have pissed off a voodoo queen over the winter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#4]
What a crazy and interesting race...

Quoted:
PURE CHAOS!
View Quote

YES, CYPHER, FEEL THE CHAOS FLOW THROUGH YOU.
Thanks for keeping my spirit alive.

I think the new tire rules and compounds and team strategy options are contributing the interesting racing.

I was cleaning guns and unpacking from my weekend in the woods so my attention wasn't 100% into watching my replay. I may need to re-watch the race traveling tomorrow for work.

It is great seeing 3 different teams on the podium!

Rosberg is 100% earning these wins with the along with the equipment he has and is out-driving Lewis. It's too bad he's such a boring winner.

Quoted:
Fuck Lewis, sick of that gansta!
View Quote

Pure ignorance and thinly veiled racism. Next time please contribute to the discussion.

Usually people ask me for things like this, but I also missed the WEC season opener at Silverstone. If anyone stumbles upon a youtube link could you please PM it to me?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Kvyat enters the corner with excessive speed.. it's not the overtaking the issue, but the following trajectory... he ends up completely at the outside (Left ) of the track...  where Vettel and kimi  would have been if vettel didnt try to give him more room (Touching kimi unfortunately )

Long story short if vettel didn't open his trajectory we would have had Kvyat colliding in both vettel and kimi at the end of the corner...
View Quote

Vettel left a lot of space and then got loose. He left the door open.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:53:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally watched it.  in French, unfortunately.

Vettel put on a clinic in overtaking.  

Hamilton too, to a lesser extent, but they both did really well to climb back to their finishing positions.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that was all on the Ferraris.  Sorry Shung but thats the truth.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dindosi.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The difference is Hunt just went out and did rockstar shit hamilton takes selfies, can't stay off his won social media, and promotes himself as a rockstar "look at me!"

Hunt would have been in plenty of cellphone photos but probably not one of them would be a selfie he took himself. (unless it was a photo of his bare ass to send to someone as an insult)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Classy Hamilton, classy.

ARFCOM: we longingly pine for the swashbuckling heroes of the 1960s and 1970s but cry when someone actually embodies it.

James Hunt would have worn that hat.

The difference is Hunt just went out and did rockstar shit hamilton takes selfies, can't stay off his won social media, and promotes himself as a rockstar "look at me!"

Hunt would have been in plenty of cellphone photos but probably not one of them would be a selfie he took himself. (unless it was a photo of his bare ass to send to someone as an insult)

Think of all the pictures of him with naked chicks that we would get.  I believe Mr. Hunt WOULD actually SIIHPAPP.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Surprised no one is praising Kimi's drive. He was essentially last place on lap one and finished in 5th. Vettle was no lower than 7th-ish (other than drivers leap-frogging due to pitting) and finished 2nd without having to contend with Lewis.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Excellent drive by Kimi.  Probably the top drive of the race.  Vettel had a damn good run too.  I'm a Ferrari guy but that incident between Vettel and Kimi can be filed away under shit happens.  It was a wild move but not against the rules nor in bad taste.  Kimi had no clue vettel had no room low and that "mad man" had no clue vettel was going to run out of room going high.

I say a ballsy pass amd a good pass.  We need more action like that.

Best race I've seen in quite a while.  I'm just ignoring German asspipe from Germany winning it all till someone gets competitive with them.  I don't know why exactly but I can't stand that guy.  Never did like hin.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Surprised no one is praising Kimi's drive. He was essentially last place on lap one and finished in 5th. Vettle was no lower than 7th-ish (other than drivers leap-frogging due to pitting) and finished 2nd without having to contend with Lewis.
View Quote

I honor him by showing the same level of interest he likely showed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:13:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Classy Hamilton, classy.

ARFCOM: we longingly pine for the swashbuckling heroes of the 1960s and 1970s but cry when someone actually embodies it.

James Hunt would have worn that hat.

He's not the hero we want, but the hero we deserve.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

the only reason he further opened was to avoid contact with kvyat that couldnt stay tight all along the corner...

yes. it was his fault for leaving too much room on his right... but hadnt he opened and collided with kimi, kvyat would have striked both of them a few instants later.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kimi =

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Louis running his cock gobbler again.  This article is a great illustration why not many people outside of the UK like his ass.

I wish he would just shut up and race.  

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/i-don-t-owe-anything-to-f1-says-hamilton-688604/
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I disagree.

the only reason he further opened was to avoid contact with kvyat that couldnt stay tight all along the corner...

yes. it was his fault for leaving too much room on his right... but hadnt he opened and collided with kimi, kvyat would have striked both of them a few instants later.

View Quote

Vettel was running wide from the start.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Going to celebrity parties jet setting all over wearing the fucking world champion ball cap isn't promoting the sport.  Neither was Hunt saying "Yes I'm an F1 driver, let's get busy"

Nope, no ego there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Louis running his cock gobbler again.  This article is a great illustration why not many people outside of the UK like his ass.

I wish he would just shut up and race.  

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/i-don-t-owe-anything-to-f1-says-hamilton-688604/

"Responsibility in what state? I come to the races, I actually probably promote the sport more than any other driver ever has. I’m at more events talking about Formula One more than any driver ever has. Probably all the other drivers put together and more.

Going to celebrity parties jet setting all over wearing the fucking world champion ball cap isn't promoting the sport.  Neither was Hunt saying "Yes I'm an F1 driver, let's get busy"

Hamilton said Rosberg has "done a great job” to win the opening three rounds of the championship.

"I’ve not been there to really be in the fight. So he’s had pretty much a breeze for the last three races. Good for him, enjoy it while it lasts because you never know how long it’s going to last.”

Nope, no ego there.

Holy shit... I didn't realize just how friggin narcissistic he is. He's pushing into Obama levels of ego and delusion right there...
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn... most-definitely NOT a fan of bernie's... but yeah -- I'd be completely down with a Vegas street race! Especially since the wife and I head down there about twice a year already. Would be pretty awesome to have it wind around the Strip. We were there last Fall when they were prepping for the Vegas round of the Red Bull Air Races, and blocked-off part of Las Vegas Blvd to land and take-off a plane there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Irony.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Son, I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:47:58 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Why is his watch upside down?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably has it on the inside of his wrist most of the time... I see younger people do this quite often.

ETA> Turns out its a nurse thing, WWII pilot thing, and a protect the cheap watch thing.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Probably has it on the inside of his wrist most of the time... I see younger people do this quite often.

ETA> Turns out its a nurse thing, WWII pilot thing, and a protect the cheap watch thing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably only put it on for a photo op and has never looked at it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If you wear your watch on the inside of your wrist if it rotates to the outside it's still right side up.

I turn mine to the inside when I'm likely to be smacking it into stuff but don't want to take it off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you wear your watch on the inside of your wrist if it rotates to the outside it's still right side up.

I turn mine to the inside when I'm likely to be smacking it into stuff but don't want to take it off.

By golly, your right... I just checked.  

Probably had it thrown at him by the team (sponsor-wank), and just threw it on without looking.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Ignition system that is all teh rage these days:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/20316
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#37]

I... got... nothing...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I... got... nothing... coc compliant to say
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I... got... nothing... coc compliant to say

fixt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Fits him well... looks right at home.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool.

This is the kinda stuff that motorsport is supposed to create.  If it isn't driving technology and pushing the envelope, it's just watching people drive too fast.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is very cool, thanks for sharing.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm the resident tech nerd.  I love this shit.  A large part of why I love F1 is all the tech analysis and pictures and such.  

Burbanite, paging Burbanite.  Can we get your in depth analysis of the system

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#45]

I do hope he doesnt have CTE

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm the resident tech nerd.  I love this shit.  A large part of why I love F1 is all the tech analysis and pictures and such.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you post more nerd shit? When it comes to racing and you post a link I always click it. Hell I'd take a blog post and a link.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeap, I'm in on the tech too

Craig Scarborough has slowed down a bunch on bis blog bu there's still some stuff
http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you post more nerd shit? When it comes to racing and you post a link I always click it. Hell I'd take a blog post and a link.

Yeap, I'm in on the tech too

Craig Scarborough has slowed down a bunch on bis blog bu there's still some stuff
http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/

Same here, it's the tech and engineering that brought me to F1 and even guns for that matter.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Ive been working on a 'how intake manifolds work' blog post for awhile.  It's hard to condense that stuff
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#50]
You want a neat discussion?  Look up the Meredith Effect on F1technical.net.  Essentially, teams may be using the air flowing therough the side pods and radiators to reduce drag and even create thrust.
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top