Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet he has since he has everything to do it already. Does being a suppressor manufacture give someone the legal ok to do it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

^^^

Our billet MBTs will run and run to boredom on our in-house trigger cycle test machine ...

It will be interesting to see how many average cycles those SOCOM units make before the hammer snaps ... like most things, time will tell.

Make one that is select fire and try it out.

I bet he has since he has everything to do it already. Does being a suppressor manufacture give someone the legal ok to do it?
He is a licensed manufacturer, he can make one if he wants.

From a business stand point it's an extremely small market. There are not many transferable M16's. Without a .gov contract it's unlikely production will be profitable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
They are in my book.  There are always going to be competitors but I like Giessele, and I know them, so I'll keep buying them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How the F does single unit triggers like CMC stay in place? I wonder because all other triggers like Larue, Geissele and use their own string tension on the trigger pins to hold the pins and trigger parts in place? But CMC triggers can't do that because it's all self contained?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I enjoy my Geissele trigger, I think my next trigger purchase will be a CMC drop in flat trigger.  I might regret it, but I think it's worth a try.

You won't regret it. I love the SSA-E from Geissele. ..but my drop in single stage from CMC is a great trigger that don't regret buying at all.

See, that's what I'm talking about ... to make serious headway, I gotta get past Ruger's on-every-store-shelf  trigger, CMC's drop-in, the AR-Gold ... and numerous attractively-priced others.

Yep.  But to answer your question on competitiveness, @ $125 the MBT would be my default choice and recommendation to others.  I get lots of people who have 1 AR or their second AR asking "what trigger..."  Those guys inevitably don't want to spend what I'm willing to spend on a truly premium trigger.  The CMC is often on sale for $130, is very good for that price point, has both curved and flat options, and is easy for them to install, and I have a couple myself so it's usually what I recommend when it's on sale.

An MBT at $125, and that's out the window.

How the F does single unit triggers like CMC stay in place? I wonder because all other triggers like Larue, Geissele and use their own string tension on the trigger pins to hold the pins and trigger parts in place? But CMC triggers can't do that because it's all self contained?

The Timney I have has a threaded hole on either side of the trigger housing inside. There are set screws that you tighten down to put upward force on the housing that put pressure on the trigger pins. Then you insert another set of set screws to keep the first ones from backing out.

So far so good but I can't wait for my MBT to get here. At $125 I will MBT everything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Watching credit card for bill...
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

keep watching, i bet it would be closer to valentines day before the new sale starts shipping
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

keep watching, i bet it would be closer to valentines day before the new sale starts shipping
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just in time for the walking dead to start up again!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walking Dead and Dead Pool Same week end Oh boy . and Watching Shot show Closely.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Walking Dead and Dead Pool Same week end Oh boy . and Watching Shot show Closely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont forget barret jackson this week
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I want my M-B-T.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I want my M-B-T.
View Quote

Yep

Stuck in my head now.

Eta: Mark. Love the Alice's Restaurant reference
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Geiselle's booth is between mine and the nearest head.  I encountered him in the hall near closing yesterday.  First words out of his mouth were a concerned and condescending "I'm praying for you Mark" ...

I replied that a thank you note for the $1.8 million in checks I've written him would suffice.

Anyhow, I went back to my booth and told my guys to distribute the ammo and ration the water ... we attack at dawn.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Geiselle's booth is between mine and the nearest head.  I encountered him in the hall near closing yesterday.  First words out of his mouth were a concerned and condescending "I'm praying for you Mark" ...

I replied that a thank you note for the $1.8 million in checks I've written him would suffice.

Anyhow, I went back to my booth and told my guys to distribute the ammo and ration the water ... we attack at dawn.

View Quote

This is more fun than a customer should be allowed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the for?

He mentions it like twice a week.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's the for?

View Quote

Hey, I miss all the good stuff.

Oh and................IN!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What's the for?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the for?

I lol'd cause its true.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singin' a bar of "I want my M-B-T" and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking in singin' a bar of "I want my M-B-T" and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a tool room trigger movement ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want my M-B-T.

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singin' a bar of "I want my M-B-T" and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking in singin' a bar of "I want my M-B-T" and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a tool room trigger movement ...

I wanna kiiilll. I wanna kiiilllll
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There are guys on this board that file 941s that get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the for?

I lol'd cause its true.

There are guys on this board that file 941s that get it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want my M-B-T.

I wanna see blood and guts and veins in my teeth!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wanna see blood and guts and veins in my teeth and I want my MBT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want my M-B-T.

I wanna see blood and guts and veins in my teeth and I want my MBT!

FIFY

<<<<Patiently waiting for meticulously built precision
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#26]
The guys at the ADM booth said that they were gonna start making triggers

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What's the for?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the for?

I waiting on him to start posting pics of all his cars showing how much money he has like john willis and SOE gear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Is the ultimate goal to built the best trigger or see who can act like a bigger dick?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is the ultimate goal to built the best trigger or see who can act like a bigger dick?
View Quote

Depends on who you ask.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
IBML
View Quote

did i make it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

In true Arfcom fashion that answer is both, one manufacturer is trying to design and build the best triggers, one has chosen the other path.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm pretty sure your comment isn't a violation of any of the ten commandments, op, but when you get to heaven, when jesus is done shaking his head he's just going to let you know that was wrong on such a level that you aren't going to fit in very well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

From a business stand point it's an extremely small market. There are not many transferable M16's. Without a .gov contract it's unlikely production will be profitable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^

Our billet MBTs will run and run to boredom on our in-house trigger cycle test machine ...

It will be interesting to see how many average cycles those SOCOM units make before the hammer snaps ... like most things, time will tell.

Make one that is select fire and try it out.

and we know whose winning all those these days
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What's the for?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the for?

It's almost like his business floats on trigger sales. good thing tier 1 allows good margins so he can afford to sling people tons of aluminum bottle openers and lawry's seasoning salt
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#36]
He's out of hats!

There are no hats!

The hat is a lie!

Proof from SHOT.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

He's out of hats!

There are no hats!

The hat is a lie!

Proof from SHOT.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q339/khalimadeath/20160122_233303_zpslqn0clix.jpg
View Quote
What drop in AR trigger is that?

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's out of hats!

There are no hats!

The hat is a lie!

Proof from SHOT.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q339/khalimadeath/20160122_233303_zpslqn0clix.jpg

Timney. No fucking idea what the hat has to do with this or why this pick was posted.
picture from this thread
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Timney. No fucking idea what the hat has to do with this or why this pick was posted.

picture from this thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's out of hats!

There are no hats!

The hat is a lie!

Proof from SHOT.

picture from this thread
It looks nice.  I like the flat face, I might have to try a Timney sometime.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#40]
G specialize in making triggers and selling other stuff on the side. Everyone else makes other crap and sells triggers on the side.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He's out of hats!

There are no hats!

The hat is a lie!

Proof from SHOT.

View Quote

They must have run out of hats after noon on the last day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's out of hats!

There are no hats!

The hat is a lie!

Proof from SHOT.

picture from this thread

i run timney in my bolt rifles. i absolutely love them. very wide face and a perfect break every time
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

i run timney in my bolt rifles. i absolutely love them. very wide face and a perfect break every time
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's out of hats!

There are no hats!

The hat is a lie!

Proof from SHOT.

picture from this thread

I need to grab a Timney for one of my 700's.  The stock trigger on it sucks.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a flat Timney in my R700 build.  I love it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got their 3lb drop-in in an SPR I'm building.  Incredible trigger pull, but it'd be too light for a home defense rifle (I think).

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I really don't understand the Geissele/LaRue drama.

I think both are good triggers, and there is plenty of room in the market for both of them.

That being said, the MBT is a superior trigger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think both are good triggers, and there is plenty of room in the market for both of them.

View Quote

Lol. You don't  understand the drama?

Ask your Texan boss.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Superior to which Geissele trigger? Larue builds what...1 trigger model?  Geissele builds about a dozen models including auto triggers.  

Kinda hard for any Larue trigger to be superior when Larue doesn't even build comparable models to most of the Geissele offerings.  

Larue's genius is in marketing "match grade/texas spec" items to people who would otherwise be dumping mags of wolf into the dirt.  Geissele is not marketing to that crowd.  

The guys buying Larue are often the same ones that are buying a lot of non duty grade gear.  That's not to say it isn't quality kit...just that it isn't usually the kind of gear that you would see in the hands of someone who uses it in a life safety application.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That's not to say it isn't quality kit...just that it isn't usually the kind of gear that you would see in the hands of someone who uses it in a life safety application.  

View Quote

you said kit

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Superior to which Geissele trigger? Larue builds what...1 trigger model?  Geissele builds about a dozen models including auto triggers.  

Kinda hard for any Larue trigger to be superior when Larue doesn't even build comparable models to most of the Geissele offerings.  

Larue's genius is in marketing "match grade/texas spec" items to people who would otherwise be dumping mags of wolf into the dirt.  Geissele is not marketing to that crowd.  

The guys buying Larue are often the same ones that are buying a lot of non duty grade gear.  That's not to say it isn't quality kit...just that it isn't usually the kind of gear that you would see in the hands of someone who uses it in a life safety application.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top