Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Posted: 12/28/2015 2:35:37 PM EDT
There are a lot of new performance triggers coming out from practically everyone.  I've noticed that Geissele triggers are frequently on sale everywhere, which wasn't the case a year ago.  Are they taking a beating in the trigger market?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes Geissele is still King.

They will be for the forseeable future.

They have the largest selection by far.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
probably not
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I can tell they are still the top of the heap . In the past they had issues with keeping up with demand and you would often see some versions out of stock. Now the whole AR parts market is pretty full . Having used a few of the competitors I think Geissele does a great job and has tailored the products for the niches in the market well .
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
IBML
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I want a $50 trigger. Wake me up when someone makes a good one. Until then I'll just have to deal with my JP Enterprises and my RRA 2 stage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure I'd say that based on what's on sale from certain distributors.
Black Friday sales are rather common.
Some sites discount things more than others.

Now it's year end sales. I imagine Geissele triggers have a higher markup.
They are also a known quality product with a large following.

They could also be a loss leader. Hoping to gather other purchases once on that vendors site.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I fricking love the Geissele SSA in my AR.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
In before the Cola Warrior ghey Geissele fanboys....

Oh, wait.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
All these other manufacturers do not have the selections that they offer

In before larue fan boys
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In before larue fan boys
View Quote

When is LaRue going to make a flat trigger?

I'm waiting for this before I buy one
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm happy with all my Geissele triggers and see no reason to stop buying them... Besides, I'll spend a few extra bucks to support a company that has class
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you even Tac Con 3MR, bro?

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I like my SAA-E, but I'll probably try an MBT when I go to buy another trigger if I can get one for $125 (when I'm ready to buy)
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#14]
is 2016 gearing up to be the trigger wars or something??? geez...
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]
There are lots of toy triggers on the market that would be fine in range use guns.  Geissele makes the only quality, severe use triggers on the market.  Decide what your rifle is for and spend your money accordingly.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I want a $50 trigger. Wake me up when someone makes a good one. Until then I'll just have to deal with my JP Enterprises and my RRA 2 stage.
View Quote

Geissele's sister company ALG Defense has what you seek.
I believe it's called the ACT trigger?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]
As much as I enjoy my Geissele trigger, I think my next trigger purchase will be a CMC drop in flat trigger.  I might regret it, but I think it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
What you are seeing is the free market at work.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As much as I enjoy my Geissele trigger, I think my next trigger purchase will be a CMC drop in flat trigger.  I might regret it, but I think it's worth a try.
View Quote

I just put one in my Colt.  It's an excellent trigger.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Geissele is the shit. By far the best product, widest selection, and most pleasant people to deal with if need be..
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Love my SSA, my several SSA-Es and also the MBT that I have installed.  I have two more in little cans sitting next to my computer.

Competition breeds a better class of products for the market.  We live in great days, gentlemen.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I like my Larue MBT over the Geisselle SSA-E. I think the second stage is not so great on the SSA-E. Everyone will probably beat me up over this but, I think the second stage on the SSA-E is a little creepy. It won't break when I want it to and it messes me up. I'm using it on a MK12 type rifle with a 2.5-10 NF that is really accurate and I think it would be more consistent with a different trigger.   I'm going to buy the Geissle Hi-Speed DMR soon to see if I like it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 2 of the CMC curved triggers, they are nice.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm happy with all my Geissele triggers and see no reason to stop buying them... Besides, I'll spend a few extra bucks to support a company that has class
View Quote

Word.

Geissele is the industry standard.  Every other trigger strives to be as good as they are.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Just food for thought.  Last year if someone asked what trigger to use, it was almost always Geissele/ALG.  Not so much anymore.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#26]
have a few sde's and love them. trigger war in effect though
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Love my SSA, my several SSA-Es and also the MBT that I have installed.  I have two more in little cans sitting next to my computer.

Competition breeds a better class of products for the market.  We live in great days, gentlemen.  
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#28]
No one beats Geissele for quality and variety.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#29]
in, before mr. sensitive
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are lots of toy triggers on the market that would be fine in range use guns.  Geissele makes the only quality, severe use triggers on the market.  Decide what your rifle is for and spend your money accordingly.  
View Quote

I'll let KAC and LMT know
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#31]
It's just the market driving competition, like things are supposed to work.

Honestly, "Trigger Wars:  Attack of the Sears" has been long overdue in the AR world.  A good trigger impacts the performance of a rifle a hell of a lot more than a handguard or buttstock or any of the other parts that have had 87 zillion options for a decade now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There are a lot of new performance triggers coming out from practically everyone.  I've noticed that Geissele triggers are frequently on sale everywhere, which wasn't the case a year ago.  Are they taking a beating in the trigger market?
View Quote

yes and no

they are taking a beating as the bottom fell out of AR15's its hard to justify spending over 200 bucks for a trigger when a whole AR15 is 400 bucks.

they are still top of the trigger pile.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#33]
why aren't the drops in's as popular as the mil spec style?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I am slowly piecing together my ultimate 3 gun rifle,  and my latest buy, was on of the geissele  3gun flat triggers, which was awfully expensive.To tell you the honest truth, I much prefer the jp trigger I have in my pdog rifle.Maybe I was expecting too much.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It's just the market driving competition, like things are supposed to work.

Honestly, "Trigger Wars:  Attack of the Sears" has been long overdue in the AR world.  A good trigger impacts the performance of a rifle a hell of a lot more than a handguard or buttstock or any of the other parts that have had 87 zillion options for a decade now.
View Quote
Hear hear.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Geissele is still king.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#38]
G for life son.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You do that sunshine.  They know I'm right.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I fricking love the Geissele SSA in my AR.

YMMV.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess again buddy.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Geissele was a much smaller operation before.  I think they expanded production a ton in the past 1.5 years or so.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#43]
For after market triggers, they're the go to still I believe.

They're not OEM triggers.
They're not cheap triggers.

However, their production level now vs. 3 years ago is probably, drastically different. As is the demand.   As well, there are more high end trigger makers now, then 3-4 years ago. (CMC, Larue, etc.)  

But, that's why they'e expanding from just making triggers. They're making rails, tools, and soon a scope mount. I could imagine other things in the pipeline a well, sooner then later depending on tooling capacity vs. demand.  

As well, their costs probably have gone down slightly. Newer, better tooling = faster machine time = more triggers made. As well, steel costs are down dramatically.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have two, one in a 5,56mm for my Daughter and one in my 6,8mm.  I like em.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Define severe use
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

In before larue fan boys
View Quote

Have you tried a LaRue MBT?
I haven't so I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

CMMG makes a decent trigger in that price range.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No one beats Geissele for quality and variety.
View Quote

This exactly! ......
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay, I'll be "that guy."  What do you consider "severe use" and how do triggers suffer from them?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top