Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2001 8:45:55 AM EDT
I am in the process of getting a Romanian SAR-3 in cal 5.56x45. What kind of velocity have any of you guys got from yours? M193, SS109, and various other commercial loads like Hornady TAP, my AR loves the TAP stuff. I was going to buy a new upper, but the SAR was cheaper. It is going to be a house gun so I dont care how accurate it is. I like it because it is short.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll be lucky if the gun even shoots at all. I just got the same gun 2 weeks ago. It took a week of screwing with it...welding / milling / polishing etc... just to get it to feed & cycle properly. Be sure to get the right mags with it and check the bolt / mag clearence. My bolt was way too short & was skipping over shells in mag & jamming. AK's weren't originally designed for the .223....still having problems with them.... E-mail me if you have questions...ART    
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think your accuracy will be the same as an AR, but velocity should be about the same as a 16" AR.  I bought an SAR2 and love it absolutely no problems, don't know much about the SAR3 though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/6887/Myak47.jpg
[/img]

I Love my SAR2!  No problems with it. Very accurate < 100 yards.  Not a single jam!

Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
[img]
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/6887/Myar15.jpg
[/img]

But here's my BABY!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top