Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2015 5:30:37 PM EDT
Does anybody know how you get on the No-Fly List, how you're notified that you're on it, or how you get off it? Ditto for the Terrorist Watch List.

How is a secret, nonreviewable executive department disqualification from exercise of a constitutional right going to stand up to any kind of scrutiny?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Shut up and drink the kool-aid.

Come the revolution all of mankind will be equal with equal government-run healthcare, and earn government-mandated equal pay for our labors.  We will all drive priuses, eat tofu, and live in yurts.

What if you don't want to have government-run  healthcare, government mandated wages, to drive a prius, to eat tofu and to live in a yurt?

Come the revolution, you will do as you are damn well told.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anybody know how you get on the No-Fly List, how you're notified that you're on it, or how you get off it? Ditto for the Terrorist Watch List.

How is a secret, nonreviewable executive department disqualification from exercise of a constitutional right going to stand up to any kind of scrutiny?
View Quote

Membership is $500 for life right now.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1813835__500_NRA_life_membership.html
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]

FPNI

The word "yurt" managed to get squeezed in there. Good job.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
scrutiny??? mutiny!
Who says they want scrutiny?
They just want to screw us
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
So there's going to be a list.

And if you get on the list, you can't buy guns.

But nobody knows how you get on the list.

And nobody knows how you get off the list.

But there's a list.

And politicians are going to be in charge of the list.

Sounds like a plan.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It's maintained in the LEO only forum.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The Constitution.....lol old dead white men wrote that shit
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/09/stephen-hayes-on-dhs-terrorist-watchlist-195996

Things got slightly awkward on that return flight, because one of the
TSA employees was a frequent Fox News viewer. "He knew I wasn't an
actual terrorist," Hayes explained, "but it didn't matter."

Hayes finally contacted Southwest on Tuesday, ahead of another
flight, to ask why he couldn't check in. A customer service supervisor
told him he wasn't going to be able to get a boarding pass before
arriving at the airport.

"So I asked if I was on the government's terrorist watchlist, and she said 'Yes.'"

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Face recognition, ie white guys at gunshows.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Patriot Act.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Ted Kennedy was on the list.  It would not have made a difference for her.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ted Kennedy was on the list.  It would not have made a difference for her.
View Quote

Oops!  Now I'm on the list.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
scrutiny??? mutiny!
Who says they want scrutiny?
They just want to screw us
View Quote

They have already eviscerated the constitution to the point where that probably won't matter much.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
The Republicans should demand that Obama and big city Democrat mayors fire ALL Federal Government employees, first responders, members of the military, and all teachers who are on the No Fly List.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It isn't.

The only reason it stands now is because SCOTUS doesn't recognize flying as a right (though "travel freely" is).
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's maintained in the LEO only forum.
View Quote

Burn
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pfft.  Who cares about scrutiny or constitutional rights when the court will defer to just about anything in the name of state secrets privilege?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It isn't.

The only reason it stands now is because SCOTUS doesn't recognize flying as a right (though "travel freely" is).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't.

ETA Which frankly is as silly as saying "you have the right to free speech, but we're not letting you use the Internet to express that right".
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It isn't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It isn't.

You are free to travel.  Provided you walk.

Be sure to use the crosswalk.  You are not free to cross the street anywhere else.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Does the no fly list work on people who own their own aircraft?   Or does being on a no fly list mean the US won't let you land at a port of entry?   I wonder how that would work with a US citizen who has a valid passport?

Not that there's a terribly large list of people who privately own aircraft capable of crossing the atlantic.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Just hope you don't have a common name like John Smith or share a name with someone already on it.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't understand why they stop at guns.

If you are on the no fly list..why should you be allowed freedom of movement in the united states, allowed to own property..allowed to have a job...allowed to have a car..allowed to attend our schools...
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
The idea of not letting people suspected of terrorism buy a gun sounds decent enough.  But in reality... just no.  Not enough oversight of this mythical list.  No set requirements to end up on it, no way to know you're on it, and no way to get your ass off it.  

The amount of people pushing to make this happen is just scary.  Just a big list, made by the government with no due process or oversight, that allows them to deny a constitutional right.  Scary shit.  Just sounds like the slippery slope from hell.  It isn't even a gun rights issue to me, it's the entire bill of rights and the government creating a way to just start denying people those rights as they see fit.  Nope, fuck that.  I would hope this would never stand up in court, but who knows anymore.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The idea of not letting people suspected of terrorism buy a gun sounds decent enough.  But in reality... just no.  Not enough oversight of this mythical list.  No set requirements to end up on it, no way to know you're on it, and no way to get your ass off it.  

The amount of people pushing to make this happen is just scary.  Just a big list, made by the government with no due process or oversight, that allows them to deny a constitutional right.  Scary shit.  Just sounds like the slippery slope from hell.  It isn't even a gun rights issue to me, it's the entire bill of rights and the government creating a way to just start denying people those rights as they see fit.  Nope, fuck that.  I would hope this would never stand up in court, but who knows anymore.
View Quote

Exactly.  But if the libs want to use the no-fly list as an exclusion to the 2nd amendment, why should any other right be protected.  Why not just summarily execute anyone on the no fly list? Due process?  Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures?  Cruel and unusual punishment?  Pfft.  A secret government list is all we need.  

Now watch liberal heads explode...
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Exactly.  But if the libs want to use the no-fly list as an exclusion to the 2nd amendment, why should any other right be protected.  Why not just summarily execute anyone on the no fly list? Due process?  Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures?  Cruel and unusual punishment?  Pfft.  A secret government list is all we need.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The USA imprisoned thousands of Americans without due process during WW2.    Under Democrat leadership and by Executive Order of the Democrat patron saint of Presidents, of course.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you are not a citizen should not be able to purchase a firearm in our country.

If you are a citizen, your rights should not be removed without the due process of law.

View Quote

Ah.   So those rights aren't inherent after all, are they?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Libs love their "lists" when there's a lib in charge.  They never think that the shoe may well be on the other foot in 13 short months.  I'll bet their opinion changes right quick when that happens.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/09/stephen-hayes-on-dhs-terrorist-watchlist-195996

Things got slightly awkward on that return flight, because one of the TSA employees was a frequent Fox News viewer. "He knew I wasn't an actual terrorist," Hayes explained, "but it didn't matter."

Hayes finally contacted Southwest on Tuesday, ahead of another flight, to ask why he couldn't check in. A customer service supervisor told him he wasn't going to be able to get a boarding pass before arriving at the airport.

"So I asked if I was on the government's terrorist watchlist, and she said 'Yes.'"

View Quote
So airline, private sector, employees are now the authority figure on terrorist watch lists.  Got it.

If Hayes is that stupid he deserves to be on a list.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

As far as I can tell, if you are part of a tribe, village, town, state, or country they never were.

If you are out in the wilderness alone with God, then yes.

Someone will always set up a "government".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are not a citizen should not be able to purchase a firearm in our country.

If you are a citizen, your rights should not be removed without the due process of law.

As far as I can tell, if you are part of a tribe, village, town, state, or country they never were.

Can this government do anything it wants or is there some kind of list of things it can lawfully do?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

What about Pvt Tentpeg who is serving in the U.S military, who is still working on citizenship? What about the LEGAL immigrant who is obeying our laws who has a green card and is working to support is family and get his citizenship?

Don't they have the right to self defense?  Or do you say "fuck them"?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#34]
This is interesting, in many states, if you have a carry permit you don't need to have a NICS check. So how would they deny you a purchase?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is interesting, in many states, if you have a carry permit you don't need to have a NICS check. So how would they deny you a purchase?
View Quote

They wouldn't.   Nobody calling for this has meditated on it the slightest bit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Can this government do anything it wants or is there some kind of list of things it can lawfully do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can pretty much do whatever the fuck they like. The rules aren't for them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#37]
No  joke my young son was on the list for 4 years.  And when I say young I mean 1 year old.  PITA
each and every time my wife and I flew.  After contacting the appropriate agencies multiple times with no avail,
we just began making his reservations using his middle name.  

Problem solved!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Please remind me:  has the "list" ever included ahead of time someone who murdered in the name of islam?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#39]
First they added Muslims to the No-Fly List
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Muslim.

Then they came for the Firearms Owners
and I did not speak^H^H^H^ ....oh shit.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No  joke my young son was on the list for 4 years.  And when I say young I mean 1 year old.  PITA
each and every time my wife and I flew.  After contacting the appropriate agencies multiple times with no avail,
we just began making his reservations using his middle name.  

Problem solved!!!
View Quote

Simple inconvenience for him. If it saved one life, it's worth it.

You have to understand we are dealing with TERRORISM!  All bets are off, burn the constitution!  We must have safety--which the No-Fly List is totally providing!

Your son hasn't purchased any firearms, and the list has stopped him from committing any acts of terror.  IT WORKS!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top