Site Notices
Page / 72
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In!

Let's see if it comes true.

Does this I can finally post "I'll take it" in the EE for the Aimpoint I want?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, a coworker just told me he talked to L3 today, as he did not receive a "we got your stuff" email.  They told him his check was sent out today.

Now, I know this isn't very reliable info.  But he has no reason to lie to me about stuff.  Nor is he known for telling lies.

In!

Let's see if it comes true.

Does this I can finally post "I'll take it" in the EE for the Aimpoint I want?

Well Larue shipped my T2 today so hopefully the check is in the mail.    

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Eotech posted the variable zero due to temperature flux and are still selling their optics. Folks are still buying them.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forgive me if I missed this, but what is the state of future made EOTECH HWS - do they plan to fix the zero issues at all? Or are they giving up entirely on it?

Do they have any intentions to fix the problem?
Eotech posted the variable zero due to temperature flux and are still selling their optics. Folks are still buying them.    

Wasn't there an update from Eotech a few pages back from Eotech at least inferring newer models weren't as vulnerable?

Found it and pasted the Cliff Notes version:

Cold Weather Distortion:
Impact: Generally none for EOTech-branded sights manufactured after March 2008. For sights manufactured earlier, the sights affected are those used in cold weather for longer range shooting.

Reticle Fade (Moisture Incursion):
Impact: None for any sights manufactured after July 2014. Potentially minimal impact for sights manufactured before that date, depending on the sight’s age and use. Whether your sight will experience reticle fade will depend on the factors discussed above.

Thermal Drift:
Impact: The sight’s zero will be affected at varying operating temperatures. This may be minimal for sights used at close-quarter ranges and may be corrected by re-zeroing the sight.

Parallax:
Impact: Virtually none if the shooter is aiming through the center of the sight. Relatively small effect at close-quarter ranges, if the shooter is aiming through the very edge of the sight’s window. As described above, the effect is greater when the shooter is aiming off-center, at longer ranges, or at temperature extremes.

I guess the conclusion is that even the newer HWS from Eotech are prone to having the problem.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got an email stating my submission can't be approved because my g23 magnifier was not bought as a sight/magnifier kit. I bought my exps2 and g23 at the same time but not as a kit. Anyone have same issue?
Can I use my g23 magnifier with an Aimpoint sight?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just got an email stating my submission can't be approved because my g23 magnifier was not bought as a sight/magnifier kit. I bought my exps2 and g23 at the same time but not as a kit. Anyone have same issue?
View Quote

They only approve the kits.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not for me.   They approved the MSRP at the time it was manufactured.

ETA...at first I was irritated because I know I paid more than that,  but they are buying back a used site for more than I get for it otherwise.    Plus,  it's my fault for not keeping my receipt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just submitted a request for a 512 and a 511, both manufactured in 2006. I used the most current MSRP I could find. I hope they get approved.

Not for me.   They approved the MSRP at the time it was manufactured.

ETA...at first I was irritated because I know I paid more than that,  but they are buying back a used site for more than I get for it otherwise.    Plus,  it's my fault for not keeping my receipt.

I didn't ask for msrp.  I asked for what I paid since I bought them in the EE.  They approved them without any question.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#8]
no money, huh? well whadya know.......
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can I use my g23 magnifier with an Aimpoint sight?
View Quote

Yes, I have a G33 behind a T-1 and an H-2 and both work just as well as the xps-2 it used to be used with.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
i spent my refund check on a t2 as well. i requested 760 (to cover the T2) on my eotech 553 and was approved.they got my check to me pretty quick, without issue as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Ignore edit. He's a troll.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:35:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

i spent my refund check on a t2 as well. i requested 760 (to cover the T2) on my eotech 553 and was approved.they got my check to me pretty quick, without issue as well.

View Quote
Give it a rest man.

CS has already told several people they haven't started sending out checks yet. The jig is up. Move on.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice try. MSRP was $749.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Can we get this clown off mods?

There  is some loosely off topic 'noise' in this thread but there are several followers for a reason. This guy is dishing out a lot of false info according to the membership.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nice try. MSRP was $749.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice try. MSRP was $749.

I obviously can't speak for everyone else, but I included tax with my refund request.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I obviously can't speak for everyone else, but I included tax with my refund request.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice try. MSRP was $749.

Did the tax bring the price to over MSRP?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice try. MSRP was $749.

No idea, what's MSRP on the XPS2-0? Mine was submitted for $547.17, not sure if that includes the $15 for shipping.

Not sure what MSRP has to do with it, really.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ignore this troll. Already a proven liar.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No idea, what's MSRP on the XPS2-0? Mine was submitted for $547.17, not sure if that includes the $15 for shipping.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice try. MSRP was $749.

Because as far as I understand it MSRP is the limit. The additional $15 shipping is separate.  

The troll said he was approved for over MSRP you then said you included tax, which theoretically could bring the price over MSRP which is why I asked.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Because as far as I understand it MSRP is the limit. The additional $15 shipping is separate.  

The troll said he was approved for over MSRP you then said you included tax, which theoretically could bring the price over MSRP which is why I asked.
View Quote

Who said MSRP is the limit? I guess it would make sense, should be paying MSRP or less, but considering there was never any hard documentation of rules/requirements then I wouldn't make that assumption. I listed what I had in my spreadsheet for the build and Xavier approved it noting they would "refund the purchase price" with no conditional statement.

Just checked EoTech's website and it lists MSRP for that model at $539. I'm guessing it's possible that changes over time too. But I guess I was approved for "more than MSRP" at this point.

We all know Edit's full of shit either way though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#22]
We should set a betting pool for the date the first check is received.
Who's in for march?
Anyone in april?
....june?
December?!?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Post a picture of the check with a handwritten user name and date and if it's legit I'll buy you a team membership
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post a picture of the check with a handwritten user name and date and if it's legit I'll buy you a team membership

I offered him the same deal and another member offered to donate $100 to the NRA if he could produce proof. He has since ignored us. He has been conformed as a troll. If he does produce proof and post it to this thread, I will up my offer. I will pay for two years team membership and $100 cold hard cash.

Time to put up or shut up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Who said MSRP is the limit? I guess it would make sense, should be paying MSRP or less, but considering there was never any hard documentation of rules/requirements then I wouldn't make that assumption. I listed what I had in my spreadsheet for the build and Xavier approved it noting they would "refund the purchase price" with no conditional statement.

Just checked EoTech's website and it lists MSRP for that model at $539. I'm guessing it's possible that changes over time too. But I guess I was approved for "more than MSRP" at this point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just going off what was reported which is why I asked if you got over MSRP.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Who's in for march?
Anyone in april?
....june?
December?!?
View Quote

I would go with never.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Who's in for march?

Anyone in april?

....june?

December?!?
View Quote
This time next year.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I would go with never.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's in for march?
Anyone in april?
....june?
December?!?

I would go with never.

If they did that would be the greatest scam ever.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#28]
If they did they would have legions of lawyers suing the shit out of them and I am also sure the MI State AG would get in on the action.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's in for march?
Anyone in april?
....june?
December?!?

I would go with never.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nice try. MSRP was $749.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice try. MSRP was $749.

I believe it's allowable for MSRP + state sales tax
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#30]
There are some people on here who can't afford to lose $500 if the refund doesn't come through, the trolling bullshit is really chickenshit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There are some people on here who can't afford to lose $500 if the refund doesn't come through, the trolling bullshit is really chickenshit.
View Quote

I'm a broke ass college student. I can't afford to lose any money.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Not sure if anyone has posted this because I didn't read all 48pages but:

Refund requests that have been returned can now be tracked thru our refund call center.  

Please call 1 888 EOTHOLO
Option 3 in the sub menu
1 for the refund call center.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I offered him the same deal and another member offered to donate $100 to the NRA if he could produce proof. He has since ignored us. He has been conformed as a troll. If he does produce proof and post it to this thread, I will up my offer. I will pay for two years team membership and $100 cold hard cash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My offer still stands as well, Edit.

$100 to our friends at the NRA-ILA  for proof.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Refund requests that have been returned can now be tracked thru our refund call center.  

Option 3 in the sub menu
View Quote

So I called the refund center just now, had to give my name, address, email and phone number.

I asked the status of the refund for my 512 that they received on 12/11/15.

He looked it up based on the info I provided, and then told me that a check was cut on 2/08/16 and mailed out. When he looked it up, he told me the correct amount ($485) that had been authorized, I did not tell him how much it was for.

Hopefully they actually went out in the mail yesterday as he said !

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So I called the refund center just now, had to give my name, address, email and phone number.

He looked it up based on the info I provided, and then told me that a check was cut on 2/08/16 and mailed out. When he looked it up, he told me the correct amount ($485) that had been authorized, I did not tell him how much it was for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Option 3 in the sub menu

Thanks for the info sir.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Option 3 in the sub menu

This should be at the top of every page!

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Just called.  Mine were delivered to them 12/15.  Verified that they were in processing and couldn't give me exact date of the check being sent out.

Said call back in a couple of weeks.

Hours are M-F  7AM-7PM CST

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Kudos to opticsplanet.com.  

I ordered an open box / dealer demo model Aimpoint Pro before Christmas and used a 10% coupon. That got the price down to $350 and change.  I waited and emailed them about a week ago.  A day or so later I got a shipping notification and received the PRO today.  It would appear that they went ahead and shipped a new unit rather than keep me waiting.  I went online and my order now says item ordered - Open Box Dealer Demo, item shipped is the description for a new unit.  The thing shows no marks from being mounted, etc.

Again, kudos to opticsplanet.com!  Now, back to waiting.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just called.  Mine were delivered to them 12/15.  Verified that they were in processing and couldn't give me exact date of the check being sent out.

Said call back in a couple of weeks.

Hours are M-F  7AM-7PM CST

View Quote

Same here. They said it was a manual process and couldn't give me a time frame.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Now I'm a little mad.
I sent 2 sights at 2 different times with 2 different boxes.
The rep. said they only have 1 on file.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's in for march?
Anyone in april?
....june?
December?!?

I would go with never.

I'm predicting that they go bankrupt and years later, anyone who got an eotech will get pennies on the dollars.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#42]
This shit is getting ridiculous.  They fucked up... they have the optic. They need to send the Check or send back my optic.  I called them last week  and requested that they return the optic or a refund...i didnt care which as long as it was the fastest turn around time... they said they would contact me regarding the matter ASAP.   Nothing yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm predicting that they go bankrupt and years later, anyone who got an eotech will get pennies on the dollars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's in for march?
Anyone in april?
....june?
December?!?

I would go with never.

Admit it, you aren't predicting, you are hoping it happens. GTFO
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#44]
called...still in process no check mailed yet...zero wait time for call

mailed mine on the 15 of December
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Now I'm a little mad.
View Quote

tell me you kept your tracking information on shipment...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I just called. I sent back my 2006 vintage 512 back in December. Theysaid my refund is still being processed but has not been mailed out. They said if I don't get a refund in the next few weeks to call them back for a status update. I asked how much the refund is for and they said $540 total. I told the guy I originally was approved for $450. He said my check will be for $540 including shipping. I wonder why they are tacking on an extra $90???
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now I'm a little mad.

at work now. Going to have to find it at my house.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I just called. I sent back my 2006 vintage 512 back in December. Theysaid my refund is still being processed but has not been mailed out. They said if I don't get a refund in the next few weeks to call them back for a status update. I asked how much the refund is for and they said $540 total. I told the guy I originally was approved for $450. He said my check will be for $540 including shipping. I wonder why they are tacking on an extra $90???
View Quote

Probably because they're never going to send the check out.

This whole thing is retarded. Its full of tell the customer what they want to hear, and don't come through on it. Makes me glad I traded mine off instead of the refund thing, but I do feel bad for you guys. Somebody might want to try contacting L3 instead of EOTech, as L3 is who would be forking out the funds to EOTech for this "refund" program.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This shit is getting ridiculous.  They fucked up... they have the optic. They need to send the Check or send back my optic.  I called them last week  and requested that they return the optic or a refund...i didnt care which as long as it was the fastest turn around time... they said they would contact me regarding the matter ASAP.   Nothing yet.
View Quote

I don't understand why NONE of the checks have been mailed yet. I get there's a lot of them. But still the first one should have been mailed by now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This whole thing is retarded. Its full of tell the customer what they want to hear, and don't come through on it. Makes me glad I traded mine off instead of the refund thing, but I do feel bad for you guys. Somebody might want to try contacting L3 instead of EOTech, as L3 is who would be forking out the funds to EOTech for this "refund" program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The more this goes on the more I'm disliking EOTech.
Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top