Link Posted: 1/6/2016 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
pg 15  ownage
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a cop.

Speak slowly and please use small words.

Yes, this equipment long term exposure to equipment like this can cause health issues.

Or

No, nothing to worry about.

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to hear that your investment intuition worked out. Hopefully the rent from those towers will pay all of the note on the land and then some.

Serious question: does that equipment give off radiation? I've always been told that homes near (as in directly adjacent to) big power lines have higher reported incidents of cancer, is this similar?

For the record, I have not looked into the veracity or truth to that statement, for all I know, it could be a myth made up by the liberal save-the-planet-at-all-costs-types.....I'm just curious and I know there are numerous telecom people who would know on this thread.

Of course it does. Just like the power lines above the property, and your cell phone.
However, if you don't understand the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and how the ERP drops off with distance then you probably have bigger problems to worry about.

I'm a cop.

Yes, this equipment long term exposure to equipment like this can cause health issues.

Or

Thanks.
Ok. Disclaimer: I am not a career scientist and I do not do the testing. I am not omniscient, and the following information may or may not be biased from the sources I choose to believe.

Certain types of atomic activity produce a phenomenon known as ionizing radiation. These emitted waves and particles have sufficient energy and/or particle density to displace or disrupt physical parts of cellular matter and DNA at the atomic level. Things like x-rays, gamma radiation and solar radiation fall in this category. Because it has the ability to damage cellular material, ionizing radiation can cause mutation and certain forms of cancer.

The electromagnetic fields (EMF) produced by microwave ovens, electronic equipment, radio towers and power lines falls into the category of NON-ionizing radiation. Depending on signal frequency and strength, EMF may produce heating effects in wet tissue (like the concentrated EMF in a microwave oven). In practical terms, EMF produced by commercial communications and power transmission equipment is not able to have any permanent effect on tissues at the cellular/DNA level and therefore is not believed to produce cellular mutations (cancer).

Because EMF producing devices (with the exception of directional antennas) tend to be omni-directional in their radiation pattern, the amount of energy you can absorb from a device falls off drastically with distance from the device. Please refer to the Inverse Square Law for more information.

In short, if you stand naked inside the equipment cage, you will get cancer from airborne chemicals and solar radiation long before you would be affected by the power lines or cell-phone signals.

IANAL - YMMV - Yada, yada, yada.

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because EMF producing devices (with the exception of directional antennas) tend to be omni-directional in their radiation pattern, the amount of energy you can absorb from a device falls off drastically with distance from the device. Please refer to the Inverse Square Law for more information.
View Quote

So You're The Guy that keeps us from having plasma rifles in the 40 megawatt range? Because of enforcing that whole Inverse Square Thing?

How about taking the EF radiation discussion someplace else? Because now this is in the flippers hands of lawyers, it's not going to be settled until one or more of them earns a new Mercedes FOB Germany. JMHO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
pg 15  ownage
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

pg 15  ownage
View Quote

Sorry; I have an existing easement on page 15. My lawyer will be contacting you.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
fuck that. killdozer that fucker to the ground until they get a contract.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok. Disclaimer: I am not a career scientist and I do not do the testing. I am not omniscient, and the following information may or may not be biased from the sources I choose to believe.  

Certain types of atomic activity produce a phenomenon known as ionizing radiation. These emitted waves and particles have sufficient energy and/or particle density to displace or disrupt physical parts of cellular matter and DNA at the atomic level. Things like x-rays, gamma radiation and solar radiation fall in this category. Because it has the ability to damage cellular material, ionizing radiation can cause mutation and certain forms of cancer.

The electromagnetic fields (EMF) produced by microwave ovens, electronic equipment, radio towers and power lines falls into the category of NON-ionizing radiation. Depending on signal frequency and strength, EMF may produce heating effects in wet tissue (like the concentrated EMF in a microwave oven). In practical terms, EMF produced by commercial communications and power transmission equipment is not able to have any permanent effect on tissues at the cellular/DNA level and therefore is not believed to produce cellular mutations (cancer).

In short, if you stand naked inside the equipment cage, you will get cancer from airborne chemicals and solar radiation long before you would be affected by the power lines or cell-phone signals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to hear that your investment intuition worked out. Hopefully the rent from those towers will pay all of the note on the land and then some.

Serious question: does that equipment give off radiation? I've always been told that homes near (as in directly adjacent to) big power lines have higher reported incidents of cancer, is this similar?
For the record, I have not looked into the veracity or truth to that statement, for all I know, it could be a myth made up by the liberal save-the-planet-at-all-costs-types.....I'm just curious and I know there are numerous telecom people who would know on this thread.

Of course it does. Just like the power lines above the property, and your cell phone.

However, if you don't understand the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and how the ERP drops off with distance then you probably have bigger problems to worry about.

I'm a cop.

Or

Thanks.

If you climb the "power" tower (and manage to avoid getting killed by the live power lines), and dry hump the antenna for long enough, it will burn your balls off.

Per the known science, if you don't set up a tent directly in front of a live antenna, you should be fine.

RF will "cook" you, just like a microwave.
(ETA: at short enough distances and high enough power levels.....)
You will know it's happening.
RF burns hurt like a sumbitch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Heh. Turn on yellow background for OP and it's easier to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh . . . that is the OP you quoted.  

Looks like he let his membership lapse.

Wait...is this real? I have always wanted to be able to pick out OP better in threads. Off to settings...
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wait...is this real? I have always wanted to be able to pick out OP better in threads. Off to settings...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to your profile page and select "Change Preferences" select yes for "Highlight Author Posts"

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:30:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go to your profile page and select "Change Preferences" select yes for "Highlight Author Posts"

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=84172

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome!  All this time I've been a member and just learned of this now. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's awesome!  All this time I've been a member and just learned of this now. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto! Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same!!! Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Same!!! Thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same!!! Thanks.

Makes checking for updates a snap.

Link Posted: 1/13/2016 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Any news?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Well?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#17]

For while we wait.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Did the OP win the lottery?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

If nothing else, I feel pretty good about the number of people turning on OP highlighting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If nothing else, I feel pretty good about the number of people turning on OP highlighting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes things so much easier!  I didn't know about it until a month ago.  I really think it should be

the default, with the option to turn it off, rather than it is now, because so few people know about it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never knew that existed.  Thanks man!

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Telco mafia put a hit on OP?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#23]
So far we haven't made much progress. Nothing to report
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

You haven't sent them that pic of a bulldozer parked by their equipment, I take it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should change the boat in your avatar to a yacht or some appropriate vessel when the "ship comes in".
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a cop.

Or

Thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

I was not prone to standing naked inside equipment cages previously, but it's good to know I can do so without fear of my testicles turning green and falling off due to EMF from cell tower equipment.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:07:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you climb the "power" tower (and manage to avoid getting killed by the live power lines), and dry hump the antenna for long enough, it will burn your balls off.

Per the known science, if you don't set up a tent directly in front of a live antenna, you should be fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok. Disclaimer: I am not a career scientist and I do not do the testing. I am not omniscient, and the following information may or may not be biased from the sources I choose to believe.  

Yeah, that's some bad advice up there.
It assumes everything is at idle or low power, and all that hardline is connected well and in good shape.

This page tells you:

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/human-exposure-radio-frequency-fields-guidelines-cellular-and-pcs-sites

You can get in trouble in a matter of minutes.

Some professionals even carry a doodad like an atomic radiation counter, but for RF to help keep them out of trouble.

Some mixed user sites can have a pretty large rf density even at the fence line.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't know why in the fuck I read this 15 page thread from start to finish in one sitting, but I did.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Need reinforcement?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]
NSA honeypot.  Watch your cornhole OP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
pg 15  ownage
View Quote

You should put a cell tower on it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Still?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't know why in the fuck I read this 15 page thread from start to finish in one sitting, but I did.
View Quote

i read the whole creepy thread in about 3 days. i was pretty nonproductive those days.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:20:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It assumes everything is at idle or low power, and all that hardline is connected well and in good shape.

This page tells you:

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/human-exposure-radio-frequency-fields-guidelines-cellular-and-pcs-sites

Some professionals even carry a doodad like an atomic radiation counter, but for RF to help keep them out of trouble.

Some mixed user sites can have a pretty large rf density even at the fence line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok. Disclaimer: I am not a career scientist and I do not do the testing. I am not omniscient, and the following information may or may not be biased from the sources I choose to believe.  

This page tells you:

Most "commercial" carriers don't use "radios" capable of putting out enough power to cause issues beyond a few feet at ground level with faulty RF connections or compromised coax/hard-lines.
"Exposure" limits for workers and the general public are quite different.
The only place you will be in trouble "in a matter of minutes" is in the direct path of a high gain antenna, either by climbing a tower, or playing around on a rooftop with antennas mounted on it.
(Idiots have done this.....)
You can get a pretty handy burn if you actually lay hands on the wrong doodad at ground level, so keeping a few feet between yourself and the equipment isn't a bad idea.
(Not to mention the metal might accidently have measureable AC or DC voltage, if there's a fault somewhere).
If RF exceeds acceptable levels at the fence-line, you probably can't even see the tower, it probably looks like a porcupine.
Though there are a few locations out there that fit the bill, they're pretty obvious to the observant.
Hence the Federally mandated safety signage.
Talk to a few of those "professionals", you will find out they've had their RF monitors actually register anything at ground level probably a handful of times, if at all.
Ionizing and RF radiation are apples and salamanders.

ETA: anyone actually inside the fence line of a compound should have had training to recognize and be aware of the risks involved.
Hence "General public" signage on the fence, and differing exposure levels for Joe six-pack and "professionals".
Good link, BTW.
It basically backs up everything stated above.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump to keep this alive....

Any update?

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#38]

It's been soooo long since we had a HUGE update.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

I was not prone to standing naked inside equipment cages previously, but it's good to know I can do so without fear of my testicles turning green and falling off due to EMF from cell tower equipment.

View Quote

You'll cook long before you get cancer, in other words.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Certified mail

copy of paperwork showing no lease or easement

bill for $100 per day

crayon drawing of calendar with New Years Day circled (very important you use crayon)

photo of bulldozer

ETA:  wonder what would happen if you sent em an eviction notice.  (bonus points for using this one, and modifying it with crayon to suit your purposes)

http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/10331389.png
View Quote
LOL Polk County, FL.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's been soooo long since we had a HUGE update.
View Quote

I'm sure OP will update us if we're patient and wait...

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess OP got screwed and doesn't want to admit it.........
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#43]
We are in negotiations... still

It is tough because of the Cricket-ATT merger
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for the update. Just happy this isn't a safe thread (yet).

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

A month later and you're still in negotiations?  I really hope the cell co. isn't still using the equipment.  If it was me, after a month I'd pull the breaker powering MY cell equipment on MY land.  That would probably hurry things up a bit.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A month later and you're still in negotiations?  I really hope the cell co. isn't still using the equipment.  If it was me, after a month I'd pull the breaker powering MY cell equipment on MY land.  That would probably hurry things up a bit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have hired surveyors and a new title search  
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoy when people think they can damage, disable, or distory communications equipment and cabling because "MA' PROPERTY". I've seen the toothless do it and never works out for them.. ask the little old lady down the street what happened when she cut the packet of fiber drops that were sitting on the ground.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you can't blame them for wanting to verify it's actually on your property.  Or it's a stall tactic to keep you from breaking it off in them for another month or so.  

Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top