Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/2/2015 1:22:34 AM EDT
Is the only other option aimpoint? I'd prefer an American made option if at all possible. What says the hive?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint kicks ass.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon is your only American option that is even in the same league IMO.  SRS, MRO.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the trijicon RMO? Was $389 at primary arms cyber Monday sale. At that price it certainly is tempting. Maybe we'll see prices like that again in the future.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the only other option aimpoint? I'd prefer an American made option if at all possible. What says the hive?
View Quote

"Stuff coming out".  Not like it's news.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Get your Aimpoints now before the muslims burn down the factory.

PRO is an awesome bit of gear.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:32:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully they will have a nice discount in the future.
I still love them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:33:33 AM EDT
[#7]
So what's the deal with Eotech?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been running an MRO for a few months (thousands of rounds) and I still love it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never used an AIMPOINT... and my next optic to purchase is a ta31. Maybe an AIMPOINT after that.

I do run the MRO right now on my colt...and it's awesome.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a mepro tru dot rds to try out.  I know it's not American,  but I have no problem with showing Israel a little love.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a broken one. I also have one that works.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a mepro tru dot rds to try out.  I know it's not American,  but I have no problem with showing Israel a little love.
View Quote

Aimpoints are not American either.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently they made some untrue statements on the product's performance in very fucking cold weather
in order to get a government contract....and then later tried to cover it up via a "product recall" or "update" or something.

Something along those lines is what I heard.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I know.  The op said he'd like to stick with an American company.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Apparently they made some untrue statements on the product's performance in very fucking cold weather
in order to get a government contract....and then later tried to cover it up via a "product recall" or "update" or something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seem to not hold zero in high heat as well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Guys here who are fighting in the Artic don't feel they can count on them.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#17]
is big gov stating issues with eotech back to 1995 or is the issues just from 2005 on when L3 took control?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:54:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see they're made in Michigan....Other than that I don't have a clue. I like EOtech.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:02:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything but who the fuck is currently fighting in the arctic?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:03:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they were pretty extreme temps that it was at.  At first I wasn't concerned, and then started thinking in my state NM my truck interior in the summer will exceed those temps.   95 degree day the interior temp of a vehicle can break 150 easy.  While I only have 1 Eotech it will not be on he truck gun and won't purchase anymore because of this.   I just breezed through the article about it and don't remember if it was a permeant shift in the zero but I like my MePro and ACOG better anyway so I will stick with them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:04:00 AM EDT
[#22]
http://k-a-r-d-e-n.livejournal.com/38405.html#cutid1
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:04:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not trying to be a smart ass or anything but who the fuck is currently fighting in the arctic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's being facetious towards what I'm guessing he might refer to as "chairborne rangers" deciding EoTech is insufficient to defend their ammo forts.

FWIW an EoTech is perfectly capable of doing what Aimpoints do on my toys.  I just fucking hate that sparkling laser reticle.  It hurts my eyes.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfcommers in mother's basement. Obvious answer is obvious.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#25]
eotech has paid big gov 2.4 mill for fraud of performance issues from-40f to 140f on nov 24th 2015
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:16:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've been in hotter temps and didn't have a problem and would still deploy with an eotech without thinking twice about it. You really have nothing to worry about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they were pretty extreme temps that it was at.  At first I wasn't concerned, and then started thinking in my state NM my truck interior in the summer will exceed those temps.   95 degree day the interior temp of a vehicle can break 150 easy.  While I only have 1 Eotech it will not be on he truck gun and won't purchase anymore because of this.   I just breezed through the article about it and don't remember if it was a permeant shift in the zero but I like my MePro and ACOG better anyway so I will stick with them.

I've been in hotter temps and didn't have a problem and would still deploy with an eotech without thinking twice about it. You really have nothing to worry about.

I had an EOtech on my service rifle, and I had no problems with my rifle in extreme heat losing it's zero. So the high heat deal is BS.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:24:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nothing. The Army found some units that apparently wouldn't hold zero in extreme temptetures and it violated a contract/agreement. Personally, after using eotechs overseas multiple times and at home, I've never seen a problem in said extreme temperatures nor do I know anyone in civilian life, the conventional army or special operations that have run into a problem with them. What you are going to see are the aimpoint fanboys trying to convince everyone that all or even a large portion of eotechs are bad. For what it's worth, I think both are quality products and do what they are designed to do quite well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing. The Army found some units that apparently wouldn't hold zero in extreme temptetures and it violated a contract/agreement. Personally, after using eotechs overseas multiple times and at home, I've never seen a problem in said extreme temperatures nor do I know anyone in civilian life, the conventional army or special operations that have run into a problem with them. What you are going to see are the aimpoint fanboys trying to convince everyone that all or even a large portion of eotechs are bad. For what it's worth, I think both are quality products and do what they are designed to do quite well.

This......I have an xps 2.0 I like it...also have aimpoints and like them.....I've see. Threads before about di ar15s not functioning in extreme low temps
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I had an EOtech on my service rifle, and I had no problems with my rifle in extreme heat losing it's zero. So the high heat deal is BS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lock it up folks, one guy didn't have any issues so we have a scientific consensus.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lock it up folks, one guy didn't have any issues so we have a scientific consensus.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What says the hive?
View Quote

I say stop using that shitstained assfucked cumguzzeling moronic term "hive".
We are not brain dead libtards that need groupthink like dummycunts do.

Ask for the opinion of people and then formulate your own answer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've been in hotter than 150 degree temps?   The record hottest temp on he planet is less than that.  Unless your swimming in volcanoes or some shit.  

Like I said in my previous post.   I won't use my Eotech as my truck gun due to the fact that we have hand a month + with over 100 degree temps.   Still like them but I like their competitors better so I will stick with them.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I believe I read that while they originally said it was only in "extreme" temps it was later revealed the "cold" range of temps started being a problem around 32 degrees F and the "hot" range of temps started around 95 F or so.

Heck, in Michigan 32 in the in winter is a warm day and 95 in the summer isn't exactly unheard of. Assuming this is accurate we aren't talking about -20 or 120 F here.

Of course, now I can't find where I read that. (I just looked so i could post a link but couldn't find it again)

That said I'm actually trying to trade in my old "N" battery Eotech that never worked right (battery issues) for a more modern unit. It's only going to be a range toy for my UZI so I'm not worried about the wandering zero in cold or hot weather.

I've got an Aimpoint Pro on my main AR and actually prefer the single dot to the more "busy" Eotech reticle anway. (That and the battery life)
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#35]
the few eotech fanboys come out strong in these threads.  Their only defense is name calling and telling everyone how they don't need an optic that performs in extreme conditions since they're just a basement operator.  What a shitty standard for gear.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:50:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Trijicon MRO.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:51:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

until it turns off on you.  And then stops turning back on.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:56:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/9858/h-10436.jpg
View Quote

Is that the real thing, or a Chinese airsoft clone? I can usually tell, but that one is a bit hard to tell...

Also on a different note: I will be giving $24 in your name to the Salvation Army, like you specified in the other thread, unless there's another chairity you'd prefer (I'm willing to go out of the way a little).
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I see they're made in Michigan....Other than that I don't have a clue. I like EOtech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically they forged testing documentation and claimed the sights met specifications, when absolutely no testing of that type was done at all. Turns out every single one(100%) that was randomly pulled for testing by .gov showed large shifts in zero with temperature fluctuations, like on the order of 20 inches or so.Then there's the endless nitrogen leaks, delaminations, battery box problems, etc. The there's the lesser known issue of the zero shifting with brightness adjustment; Pat McNamara claims to have seen 4MOA shifts from just that alone.

People here claim to have zero issues with theirs, and I'm glad for them. All three I've bought turned out to be defective pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

funny how it doesn't work the other way

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:09:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/9858/h-10436.jpg
View Quote

Too big anyway. Gimme a microdot and i'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:15:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad yours worked for you and your teammates, I really am. But you would be well served to read the documents involved. It was a little bit more than "some sights":

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/25/the-details-united-states-of-america-v-l-3-communications-eotech-inc-l-3-communications-corporation-and-paul-mangano/

In more recent years, as EOTech subjected new models of the sights to qualification testing, the test engineer documented thermal drift in every sight tested in report after report.

In other words, 100%. If you own an Eotech, it is defective. period.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:17:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What says the hive?

LOL.

Do you really think he meant it like that?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:18:37 AM EDT
[#44]
I think I hit a record for the number of times my post has been quoted in a single thread

So they lied to get a .gov contract? Bet that doesn't seem like the brightest idea now that they've been found out. Does anyone have a link to a reputable story about it?

I've only used Aimpoints and currently have a PRO, which has been beat on pretty good but is holding up fine. I just wasn't a fan of Eotech's reticle and shorter battery life.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What says the hive?

It's ok, this is your safe place, please tell us how you REALLY feel.

And this is how I blew post 5000 http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1812935_So_with_all_this_stuff_coming_out_about_eotech.html&page=1#i56916543
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

funny how it doesn't work the other way  
View Quote
My experience with EOTech was fine except for crappy battery life, which is why sold it a year ago. I'm mostly Aimpoint now.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think I hit a record for the number of times my post has been quoted in a single thread

So they lied to get a .gov contract? Bet that doesn't seem like the brightest idea now that they've been found out. Does anyone have a link to a reputable story about it?

I've only used Aimpoints and currently have a PRO, which has been beat on pretty good but is holding up fine. I just wasn't a fan of Eotech's reticle and shorter battery life.

View Quote

I like their reticles.  It was the battery life and issues with the switches that lead me to buy Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:31:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Hows the Trijicon SRS? Is it $1000 worth of awesome or should I grab an MRO?

cuz there's no way in hell Ill ever put an Aimpoint on my gun. They're like looking through a toilet paper roll
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:05:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I like their reticles.  It was the battery life and issues with the switches that lead me to buy Aimpoint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's easier than the Aimpoint as in seeing your surroundings. It's more open. It's hard to explain, I just feel I can see my surroundings more with an EOtech over and Aimpoint's bulkyness.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hows the Trijicon SRS? Is it $1000 worth of awesome or should I grab an MRO?

cuz there's no way in hell Ill ever put an Aimpoint on my gun. They're like looking through a toilet paper roll
View Quote

This is what I'm talking about.

I could have put a Trigicon on my service rifle but I chose the EOtech instead. It's preference I suppose.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top