Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Couldn't possibly care less.
View Quote

I care. Because there's a chance that the trial, regardless of how it goes, will negatively impact Baltimore. And that entertains me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I care. Because there's a chance that the trial, regardless of how it goes, will negatively impact Baltimore. And that entertains me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you best be ready, because either verdict will, more than likely, lead to riots.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then you best be ready, because either verdict will, more than likely, lead to riots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, even if found guilty. They will be out in the streets...celebratin' n' shit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag for the verdict, aka Bmore burns down...again
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Judge Barry G. Williams, a former city prosecutor and civil rights litigator with a no-nonsense reputation, will preside over the high-profile criminal cases against six Baltimore police officers indicted in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray..
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I honestly don't understand why these are being tried in Baltimore.  There's no way they'll get an impartial jury.

Last thing I heard on the radio is that potential jurors were being told that their identity would remain anonymous, and would NEVER be released.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep, even if found guilty. They will be out in the streets...celebratin' n' shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean IF they are found guilty?   Those cops don't stand a chance of getting a fair trial.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The city already paid out, admitted guilt basically.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Dog and pony show.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I honestly don't understand why these are being tried in Baltimore.  There's no way they'll get an impartial jury.

Last thing I heard on the radio is that potential jurors were being told that their identity would remain anonymous, and would NEVER be released.  
View Quote

The powers that be decided the street lights in Baltimore would be better hanging posts than the trees in Harford County. The six had better pray for reverse on appeal.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

They need SIX impartial juries.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not sure I would allow myself to be sacrificed that way.

9 more months....
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dog and pony show.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/judge-barry-williams.jpg?w=640

Judge Barry G. Williams, a former city prosecutor and civil rights litigator with a no-nonsense reputation, will preside over the high-profile criminal cases against six Baltimore police officers indicted in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray..

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/baltimore-six-2.jpg?w=644&h=271

The racist ones are obviously guilty.  The other three are free to go.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What do you mean IF they are found guilty?   Those cops don't stand a chance of getting a fair trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd lay good money that most, if not all, will be found not guilty.

1) The whole case is built on the "fact" that the arrest was illegal, so everything that followed it was bad.  But the State's Attorney had been prosecuting people for that same knife under Baltimore city code.
2) They are trying them separately, so each one will be able to say "It was one of the others."
3) The prosecutor already got her mileage out of it.  Finding them guilty would not help her any.  Finding them not guilty, however, will lead to more unrest and more chances to show her "leadership."

Remember that the Baltimore politicians don't want peace or justice.  They want chaos and violence - it brings TV cameras, Federal money from the White House and State "white guilt" money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#20]
A little info from Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/30/high-stakes-for-baltimore-as-freddie-gray-trials-begin/

"William Porter is one of six officers charged in the death of Gray, a 25-year-old black man who died April 19 of a severe spinal injury he suffered while in police custody.

Porter, who is also black, is accused of failing to get medical help for Gray during several stops made by the police van that carried Gray on a 45-minute trip. At the end, officers found Gray unresponsive. He was taken to a hospital and died a week later.

The officer is being tried first in part because prosecutors want to use him as a witness in the trials of several other officers. He is charged with manslaughter, assault, misconduct and reckless endangerment."

The judge asked 75 potential jurors whether anyone had not heard about the case, the citywide curfew imposed after Gray's death or the settlement paid to his family. No one responded.

By standing in response to the judge's questions, 12 jurors indicated they had family members in law enforcement. Thirty-eight indicated they had been a victim or a suspect in a crime, had been to jail or had charges pending against them.

Twenty-six people indicated they had strong feelings about the charges against Porter.

Williams read aloud more than 200 names of possible witnesses, a list that included more than 100 Baltimore police officers, lawyers and prosecutors.

A small group of protesters gathered outside the courthouse. Their chants of "All night, all day, we will fight for Freddie Gray," could be heard throughout the morning proceedings.

One prospective juror was taken to a hospital after tripping on courthouse stairs. Court spokeswoman Terri Charles said the woman suffered a knee injury.

A verdict is likely to set the tone for the city. If Porter is acquitted, there could be protests and possibly more unrest. A conviction could send shock waves through the city's troubled police department.

"Everything is at stake. The future of the city is at stake," Police Commissioner Kevin Davis has said.

The judge said he expects the trial to wrap up by Dec. 17.

Two other officers are black and the three additional officers are white. They will be tried separately beginning in January. Their trials are expected to last until the spring.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

A little info from Fox:

View Quote

Just in time for Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
BALTIMORE –  The lead detective who investigated Freddie Gray's injuries after his neck was broken in the back of a police van is expected to finish testifying in the first trial of one of the officers charged in Gray's death.

Detective Syreeta Teel initially took the stand Thursday afternoon, and should resume her testimony Friday morning.

Teel was the last of eight witnesses the state called Thursday, the second day of testimony.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/04/police-detective-who-investigated-freddie-gray-injuries-testifies-in-1st/?intcmp=hplnws

Almost no news coverage of this event.
View Quote

Yes, I've been looking.  There is a gag order in affect, but that wouldn't keep reports from coming out of the courtroom, would it?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

what happens if only the black cops are found guilty?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The State's Attorney has an orgasm and starts picking out curtains for the Governor's office.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. Amazing lack of detailed news coverage.

Something tells me it is not going the way the MSM wants it to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BALTIMORE –  The lead detective who investigated Freddie Gray's injuries after his neck was broken in the back of a police van is expected to finish testifying in the first trial of one of the officers charged in Gray's death.

Detective Syreeta Teel initially took the stand Thursday afternoon, and should resume her testimony Friday morning.

Teel was the last of eight witnesses the state called Thursday, the second day of testimony.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/04/police-detective-who-investigated-freddie-gray-injuries-testifies-in-1st/?intcmp=hplnws

Almost no news coverage of this event.

Yes, I've been looking.  There is a gag order in affect, but that wouldn't keep reports from coming out of the courtroom, would it?

No. Amazing lack of detailed news coverage.

Something tells me it is not going the way the MSM wants it to go.

These third world-esque witchhunts usually wither and die when shown the light of actual law in a courtroom. Thankfully.

When THAT changes, watch out
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#31]
*sigh*

I can't even come up with a coherent statement about this. I'm so disappointed in my state's judicial system.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
*sigh*

I can't even come up with a coherent statement about this. I'm so disappointed in my state's judicial system.
View Quote

It's a social justice system now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*sigh*

Calling it "justice" is a disservice to the word.

It's a railroading.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought a bunch of rounds on Black Friday.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Prosecutors are crooked, apparently.

Porter prosecutors committed discovery violation in Freddie Gray case trial, judge says

Judge Barry Williams found Monday prosecutors failed to disclose that Freddie Gray had allegedly told a police officer the month before he died that he suffered from back problems.

Following a day of testimony from medical experts about Gray’s injuries, Williams ruled outside of the presence of the jury that prosecutors had committed a discovery violation by not informing defense attorneys for Officer William Porter. A police officer had informed a prosecutor, who is not working on the case, that Gray told him during a March arrest that he had back problems after the officer noticed him sitting awkwardly.
View Quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bal-porter-prosecutors-committed-a-discovery-violation-in-freddie-gray-case-trial-judge-says-20151207-story.html
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Porter prosecutors committed discovery violation in Freddie Gray case trial, judge says

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bal-porter-prosecutors-committed-a-discovery-violation-in-freddie-gray-case-trial-judge-says-20151207-story.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Judge Barry Williams found Monday prosecutors failed to disclose that Freddie Gray had allegedly told a police officer the month before he died that he suffered from back problems.

Following a day of testimony from medical experts about Gray’s injuries, Williams ruled outside of the presence of the jury that prosecutors had committed a discovery violation by not informing defense attorneys for Officer William Porter. A police officer had informed a prosecutor, who is not working on the case, that Gray told him during a March arrest that he had back problems after the officer noticed him sitting awkwardly.

I'm shocked, Shocked, that there is corruption in the Baltimore State's Attorney's office!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Riots should begin in another week or so, regardless of the outcome.
Got to get that Christmas looting done early!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just in time for Christmas looting

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A little info from Fox:

Just in time for Christmas looting

Fuck it..  I'll stock up on more marshmallows.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

While it was wrong for them not to disclose everything an officer on the street making the arrest is not going to know about this prior disclosure.

However they would know that which makes me wonder if there is other information that could sway the case they have withheld.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While it was wrong for them not to disclose everything an officer on the street making the arrest is not going to know about this prior disclosure.

However they would know that which makes me wonder if there is other information that could sway the case they have withheld.

They are going after this guy for negligence, under the theory that the van ride caused the injuries and he didn't notice/care.  But if there were previous injuries it cuts the legs out of the first part.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
BALTIMORE (AP) - After four days of testimony, the state is preparing to rest its case against Officer William Porter, one of six Baltimore police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray. Prosecutors have painted Williams as an indifferent officer who didn't call for a medic despite Gray's indication he needed help, and whose failure to buckle Gray into a seatbelt amounts to criminal negligence.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/30691632/prosecution-nears-finish-in-baltimore-officers-trial
View Quote

If they convict this dude the others are really fucked he was the most detached of the incident as possible
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If they convict this dude the others are really fucked he was the most detached of the incident as possible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BALTIMORE (AP) - After four days of testimony, the state is preparing to rest its case against Officer William Porter, one of six Baltimore police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray. Prosecutors have painted Williams as an indifferent officer who didn't call for a medic despite Gray's indication he needed help, and whose failure to buckle Gray into a seatbelt amounts to criminal negligence.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/30691632/prosecution-nears-finish-in-baltimore-officers-trial

It's the test case. If it goes well, full steam ahead. If he's found Not Guilty, be prepared for lots of plea offers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Death Takes the Stand

A police officer charged with manslaughter in the death of Freddie Gray took the stand Tuesday and began testifying in his own defense.

Officer William Porter, the first of six officers to go on trial in Gray's death, also faces assault, misconduct in office and reckless endangerment charges. If convicted on all of the charges, the maximum penalty he faces is about 25 years.

Prosecutors have argued that Porter should be held partially responsible for Gray's death because the officer didn't buckle the man into a seat belt when he checked on him in the back of a transport wagon, and he failed to call for a medic when Gray indicated he needed medical attention.
View Quote

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/baltimore-unrest/officer-charged-freddie-gray-death-takes-stand-n476991
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem as long as they stay in the designated riot and destruction of property areas.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/judge-barry-williams.jpg?w=640

https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/baltimore-six-2.jpg?w=644&h=271

Not guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, not guilty, not guilty.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This should be interesting.
View Quote

very
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top