Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2015 9:12:44 AM EDT
Good news that the Patriots lost. Is Carolina the last undefeated team?  How easy/hard are the remaining games for the Panthers?

Looks like if the Dolphins can win a few more games, we might have a chance to get into the 2016 Super Bowl.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What does Champaign, Ill have to do with it?

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm rooting against the cats too.  As someone who has a football signed by the entire '72 team, I want that record to remain solely in Miami.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought that tradition fell by the wayside when the Patriots had their undefeated season in 2007 or so.

To answer the question, Carolina has:

Saints - same division as the Panthers and there's the chance they'll win
Falcons - same division as the Panthers and there's the chance they'll win
Giants - might have just lost to the Washington Redskins but still could beat the Panthers
Falcons - see above
Buccaneers - see above

Any given Sunday
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm rooting against the cats too.  As someone who has a football signed by the entire '72 team, I want that record to remain solely in Miami.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought that tradition fell by the wayside when the Patriots had their undefeated season in 2007 or so.

Giants - might have just lost to the Washington Redskins but still could beat the Panthers
Falcons - see above
Buccaneers - see above

Any given Sunday
View Quote

Patriots lost the Super Bowl during their almost undefeated season

I think Atlanta may have the better chance of winning against Carolina, but they'll have to do it without Julio.
Norman is the new 'Revis Island' of cover corners
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Falcons - see above
Buccaneers - see above

Any given Sunday
View Quote

Those teams can't defeat the Panthers this season. The Panthers will have to defeat themselves.  They're plenty capable of losing any of those games, but if they bring their A-game...They will not lose, the trans listed above aren't talented enough.

The Patriots were the only team I feared this season. No matter how good the Panthers play, the Patriots can probably play better. There are perhaps a handful of other teams that can beat the Panthers, but of the list above, I don't think any of them can do it unless the Panthers fuck up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It's all just a technicality.

The '72 Dolphins had a perfect season, key word being season.    Since then the NFL has lengthened the number of games played per season.
Although the Patriots did not have a perfect season,  they did win more games in a single season than the 72 Dolphins did.

Semantics, meh.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay there Zapp Brannigan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top