Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe Edgar Allen Poe has some words about this.
View Quote

Or our esteemed Vice President.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

At 1am as posted by someone else above? Pounding on my fucking door?

I'm not burning down some half breed tow truck driver for being an asshole. If he comes in my house things may change
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always hated tow truck drivers.

Yep, definitely the tow truck drivers fault for doing their job.

Not at all the fault of your family member for not paying for the vehicle that they signed for.

At 1am as posted by someone else above? Pounding on my fucking door?

I'm not burning down some half breed tow truck driver for being an asshole. If he comes in my house things may change

Why do they think the car is there? Does that family member live there?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not at all the fault of your family member for not paying for the vehicle that they signed for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a tow truck driver's job to harass people that don't have anything to do with what they are trying to repossess?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd call the cops and say somebody is looking through my windows and trying to break down the door at 1 AM, I'm armed and afraid they might get in, please hurry.  Whoever is on the other side can explain to the police what they are doing there at 1 AM.  Then (at least in AL) you can give them a verbal tresspass warning in the presence of the officer that means they can be arrested for coming back.  Just went through this except it wasn't a repo man, just an intoxicated & confused person.

ETA:  Assuming the guy/car they are looking for doesn't live with you of course.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  Call to LE should go something like this:

911: 911, what is the address of your emergency?
You: I'm at 1234 XXXXXX Dr, there's two guys trying to beat my door down.  They're yelling and screaming, one keeps looking in my window, I think they might be trying to get in.
911: Are they armed?
You: I don't know, but I have a shotgun.  I'm not going near the door or outside until the Po-lice get here.

Dispatcher: Delta 412 Charlie 210, 10-35 in progress, Code 1 1234 XXXXXX Dr, Two male subjects at the front door attempting to gain entry, unknown 81s, Delta 412 Charlie 210.
Delta 412: Enroute(siren in background)
Charlie 210: Enroute(siren in background, motor revving)
Sierra 10(SGT): Dispatch, show Sierra 10 Enroute, get K9 started please.

Tow guys have a bad night; Problem solved.  Trespass the assholes, Problem staying solved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call the cops and have them trespassed.

You: I'm at 1234 XXXXXX Dr, there's two guys trying to beat my door down.  They're yelling and screaming, one keeps looking in my window, I think they might be trying to get in.
You: I don't know, but I have a shotgun.  I'm not going near the door or outside until the Po-lice get here.

Dispatcher: Delta 412 Charlie 210, 10-35 in progress, Code 1 1234 XXXXXX Dr, Two male subjects at the front door attempting to gain entry, unknown 81s, Delta 412 Charlie 210.

Tow guys have a bad night; Problem solved.  Trespass the assholes, Problem staying solved.

That won't work in my area, repo companies notifiy the PD before hand with the address and what they're trying to recover.  They will come with a call like that but I doubt they'll be breaking any land speed records.

OP, open your murder hole and pour boiling oil on them.  Very old school method.   You got automatic lawn watering sprinklers?  Turn it on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its a tow truck driver's job to harass people that don't have anything to do with what they are trying to repossess?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know the OP has "nothing to do" with what they are trying to repossess? The OP himself didn't even say that. What if the family member lives there?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How do you know the OP has "nothing to do" with what they are trying to repossess? The OP himself didn't even say that. What if the family member lives there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know that the op has something to do with it?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  He's looking for, and has the legal authority to repossess, a vehicle, not conduct an investigation.

At 1AM, anyone shining lights in my windows and banging on my door is either going to have a badge or a good look down a muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Make sure they are right outside door. Start screaming "that's it, this ends now".
Rack shotgun loudly.

But seriously, give the damn car back already

Eta: upon further thought I realized you may not have control over this family member or the car. That would suck

So I guess do the shotgun thing

Also maybe get naked and grease yourself up then stand in front of the window

Maybe shine a spotlight back at them

Nail 16 penny nails through small sections of plywood and place them just under on the ground in front of all Windows. Cover lightly with mulch. Make sure to take video when hilarity ensues

Paintball grenades

If none of that works strip up sections of sod. Dig pits. Cut 1/4" plywood to fit over holes. Replace sod. Punji sticks are optional
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You Are in Texas and you ask that question?

Make sure they are right outside door. Start screaming "that's it, this ends now".
Rack shotgun loudly.

But seriously, give the damn car back already

Eta: upon further thought I realized you may not have control over this family member or the car. That would suck

So I guess do the shotgun thing

Also maybe get naked and grease yourself up then stand in front of the window

Maybe shine a spotlight back at them

Nail 16 penny nails through small sections of plywood and place them just under on the ground in front of all Windows. Cover lightly with mulch. Make sure to take video when hilarity ensues

Paintball grenades

If none of that works strip up sections of sod. Dig pits. Cut 1/4" plywood to fit over holes. Replace sod. Punji sticks are optional

If you decide to use the punji sticks, don't forget the feces'.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont hate this idea.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No car here...I told the guy to foad. Kept pounding on the door for a minute then left.

Wonder if I would get sued for handing out a little old school ass beating. I don't want to shoot anyone. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is easy, I got this fellas...  Is the Dead beat family member is in the house?  If so tell them to wake the fuck up and take care of their business.  Kick them out first thing in the morning.  I am all about helping family in need, but Homey don't play the dumb shit.

If not.  Tell the repo guys to fuck off.  Dave don't live here! Tell them, If you come back again it will not be a pleasant experience. You are tired of the bullshit.

If they come back again then it's time to nut up and beat the fuck out of some repo guys.

The end.

No car here...I told the guy to foad. Kept pounding on the door for a minute then left.

Wonder if I would get sued for handing out a little old school ass beating. I don't want to shoot anyone. Lol

You think you're going to beat up the repo guys?  Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Certified letter to the company advising them that no one from the company is permitted on your property.  Advise in the letter that anyone entering your property from then on is trespassing and you will immediately report them to the police.  Then call the police if they show again.  

Understand that the police cannot arrest unless the people refuse to leave in the presence of the police.  However, you can get a criminal trespass notice filed with the police.  That will allow an automatic arrest after that.

I can explain in more detail if you like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Repo guys looking for a family members car, banging on the door and shining their light inside the house. I already told them to kick rocks.

Strap on the go pro and grab my shambok? Call the cops?

They'll be back. I'm sure.

Certified letter to the company advising them that no one from the company is permitted on your property.  Advise in the letter that anyone entering your property from then on is trespassing and you will immediately report them to the police.  Then call the police if they show again.  

Understand that the police cannot arrest unless the people refuse to leave in the presence of the police.  However, you can get a criminal trespass notice filed with the police.  That will allow an automatic arrest after that.

Was going to me my suggestion, I know here at least If I put a sign saying "No Trespassing, At no time is any agent of XYZ Co permitted onto the Property or Curtilage past the Public Sidewalk" At the edge of the law that's enough to get the PD to charge them if they see them on the property.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is easy, I got this fellas...  Is the Dead beat family member is in the house?  If so tell them to wake the fuck up and take care of their business.  Kick them out first thing in the morning.  I am all about helping family in need, but Homey don't play the dumb shit.

If not.  Tell the repo guys to fuck off.  Dave don't live here! Tell them, If you come back again it will not be a pleasant experience. You are tired of the bullshit.

If they come back again then it's time to nut up and beat the fuck out of some repo guys.

The end.

Repo dudes are badasses or something?  They can be knocked the fuck out just like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Repo guys looking for a family members car, banging on the door and shining their light inside the house. I already told them to kick rocks.

this sounds like a smart idea.

If anyone was at my door at 1am, I'd have some sort of gun in my hand too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#15]

"Driver!” said I, "thing of evil!—driver still, if repoman or devil!—

Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,

Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted—

On this home by Horror haunted—tell me truly, I implore—

Is there—is there balm in Gilead?—tell me—tell me, I implore!”

Quoth the driver "Nevermore.”
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Easiest thing to do would have been to tell them where the car could be located...  I don't like tow truck drivers either...most Tow companies are run by scumbags and operate in shady ares of the law. We had a tow company clean out 100+ vehicles from a restaurant by our stadium one night. Restaurant was closed and claimed that they never requested vehicles to be removed. I have some leeway for repo guys though. People who buy cars and then don't pay for them are pretty scummy too and they go out of their ways to hide the cars....like using a relative's address instead of their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easiest thing to do would have been to tell them where the car could be located...  I don't like tow truck drivers either...most Tow companies are run by scumbags and operate in shady ares of the law. We had a tow company clean out 100+ vehicles from a restaurant by our stadium one night. Restaurant was closed and claimed that they never requested vehicles to be removed. I have some leeway for repo guys though. People who buy cars and then don't pay for them are pretty scummy too and they go out of their ways to hide the cars....like using a relative's address instead of their own.

Case by case basis for me... we had some good ones, they'd come in, drop off a copy of the repo order, and generally let us know where they were going to be....we also had a couple that were pure Shittums, and half the time the car they had on the lift wasnt a repo, but a flat-out Steal
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The family member in question could be opening themselves up to fraud and theft by conversion charges for falsely using your address and for hiding the vehicle. This varies some from one state to another but the value of the vehicle can add up to felony charges. It'd be better if they just turned the vehicle over if they can't pay for it.
View Quote

It would be concealing a security interest in my state, also a felony.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That won't work in my area, repo companies notifiy the PD before hand with the address and what they're trying to recover.  They will come with a call like that but I doubt they'll be breaking any land speed records.

OP, open your murder hole and pour boiling oil on them.  Very old school method.   You got automatic lawn watering sprinklers?  Turn it on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is, Repo guys are fuckin' asking for trouble because(in my case, I don't have a garage, all vehicles on my property are visible from the street, plus, I own every vehicle parked here and have the titles to prove it) said vehicle they are looking for is NOT on my property.  
Repo guys do not have the right to attempt to interrogate me and mine about the location of said vehicle at 0100, especially in a hostile manner.  Local LE would not be kind to Repo guys doing that here, I know just about all the cops in the county because I work Emergency Services F/T, based on the situation OP describes, in my state, I'd be GTG if I went weapons hot, but I'm not trying to hurt a guy trying to do a shitty job just for harassing me.  

I'll let LE do their thing unless something happens to change that.  Next morning, I'd be at the Magistrates Office with the titles to all the vehicles registered to my address and get a No Trespass warrant against any representative of the Recovery Company.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Open the door with this baby on standby low flame......................

I'm assuming deadbeat relative doesn't live there and the vehicle isn't on the premises.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#20]
You'd be silly to go hand on with them.  Likely two of them as was said and you may be videoed the whole time to catch any legal mistakes you may make and exonerate them.   That and they likely aren't wilting wall flowers working that job.  

Call the cops, move them along, nothing to see here repo man.

ETA-  I can't say I've ever had the issue of repo people showing up at my door.  I have had CC companies call looking for a dead beat relative with the same last name.  They were fishing out of the phone book with our not common last name.   The deadbeat never lived with me or used my address or phone.  I gave them the last phone number I was aware of for the deadbeat and wished them luck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Repo dudes are badasses or something?  They can be knocked the fuck out just like the rest of us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The end.

You must like getting arrested for battery.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#22]
We established vehicle isn't there, how about the deadbeat? DID the deadbeat live there at one point? Answers to these questions are relevent to the proper response.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure it was just these harmless shitstains.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We established vehicle isn't there, how about the deadbeat? DID the deadbeat live there at one point? Answers to these questions are relevent to the proper response.
View Quote

I don't know about how statute treats this sort of thing, but I wouldn't think that a repo agent would have the authority to look for said deadbeat.  Just the property.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
1) is it your property
2)what are tx's tresspassing laws

If those two match up, answer the door with a GoPro and a rifles. Make sure you slam the bolt home right as the door swings open.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Pay your bills?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Shoot a couple rounds into his engine, and radiator.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't know about how statute treats this sort of thing, but I wouldn't think that a repo agent would have the authority to look for said deadbeat.  Just the property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are creatures of habit.  If deadbeat ever lived at OP's address then it would make sense that he might try to stash property there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

"Driver!” said I, "thing of evil!—driver still, if repoman or devil!—

Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,

Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted—

On this home by Horror haunted—tell me truly, I implore—

Is there—is there balm in Gilead?—tell me—tell me, I implore!”

Quoth the driver "Nevermore.”

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Biden
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#31]
"You repo men, you're  all out to fuckin lunch!"
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Mag dump into the door.

Or better yet, belt-dump with a Ma Deuce. Normally that gets the message across fairly well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pay your bills?
View Quote

Didn't read the first sentence in the OP, did we?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Think the tow driver expected to find the missing vehicle inside the house?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be having a conversation with my deadbeat relative.  Can't blame the tow company for doing their job.

Think the tow driver expected to find the missing vehicle inside the house?

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end.

Never met a repo guy at the gym, never saw one at ju-jisu class either.  All of the ones I've seen have been fat sacks smoking marlboro reds.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Turn on the strategically placed sprinklers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Pay your damn bills!  
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pay your damn bills!  
View Quote

Did you read anything? Nope!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Lock and load boi
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#41]
If you pound on my door at 1AM, my house had better be on fire. Everything else just needs a knock and I'd be glad to point my shiny flashlight in your eyes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Garden hose , soak until wet?  What are they going to do?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you pound on my door at 1AM, my house had better be on fire. Everything else just needs a knock and I'd be glad to point my shiny flashlight in your eyes.
View Quote

Then be told politely to leave,  

If they don't....

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Where I live? My wife and I would probably both answer the door. Armed. Heavily
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

1) Get naked

2) Lube up from head to toe with baby oil

3) work yourself up to a raging hard-on

4) Grab a meat-cleaver

5)  Answer the door like that, smile and say, "Sweet... You guys are just in time!  Get in here... This is gonna be GREAT!"

They probably won't come back, in my experiance.
View Quote
Or the Archer variant.  Dripping wet, bloody smock, meat-cleaver, and only reply with "I don't know" after first couple questions, and then "I'm hungry.... grilled cheese.... grill me a cheese", then start crying.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL another thread where Arfcom thinks it collectively knows things about the property recovery business because they saw the fake shows on TV.

If they were at your pad OP, it's because some paperwork led them there, or one of the finders spotted the car in question there. Probably both.

From this end, if your address is on the tags, loan, or insurance, you are fair game until it's recovered.  

If you're sure they are 100% incorrect about your involvement, call the company that has the order during office hours and tell them where to find the property they're looking for. Done deal.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#50]
So, how did they get your address?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top