Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not true.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I seriously doubt this is true. Even if it is true I can't believe that we would let a puffed up terrorist supporter that conned their way into NATO drag us into a shooting war with the Russians.  
View Quote
I heard they said that about Germany and Prussia,

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That main stream press, always covering these things up  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The news services are amazingly quiet for such an earth shattering event.

I blame the Freemasons.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Turkey didn't "con its way into NATO".  Russia has been playing fuck-fuck games with Turkey since WWI, particularly about the Straits, and ratcheted it up right after WWII.  They were inducted to NATO as part of Truman's Containment policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I seriously doubt this is true. Even if it is true I can't believe that we would let a puffed up terrorist supporter that conned their way into NATO drag us into a shooting war with the Russians.  

Turkey didn't "con its way into NATO".  Russia has been playing fuck-fuck games with Turkey since WWI, particularly about the Straits, and ratcheted it up right after WWII.  They were inducted to NATO as part of Truman's Containment policy.
Exactly. They didn't get into NATO through their own strength or by any other positive aspect. They played the victim until they got an ally. Then they have been fucking us ever since. Not on the same scale of fucking as Pakistan, but fucking never the less.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh. It was a different time back when social justice meant a bar fight and gallant vanquishing of an enemy was celebrated.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Bull-fucking shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No one though the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand would lead to WWI either.   It started things slowly moving and by the time people were aware they were heading to war, inertia made it almost impossible to stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one though the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand would lead to WWI either.   It started things slowly moving and by the time people were aware they were heading to war, inertia made it almost impossible to stop.

Uhm, no, pretty much every government involved almost immediately decided on war, as a quick and easy fix to a number of problems that had nothing to do with Franz Ferdy.  What they didn't realize was how bad the war was going to be.

I still think this particular story is bullshit, of course.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Worst post ever.  It wasn't Jack Ryan who said that and that's not Jack Ryan or the guy who said it.

You are not to use the internet for 90 minutes as punishment.

ETA: Nevermind.  I got it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Exactly. They didn't get into NATO through their own strength or by any other positive aspect. They played the victim until they got an ally. Then they have been fucking us ever since. Not on the same scale of fucking as Pakistan, but fucking never the less.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get into NATO by their own strength? Like the Netherlands? How about Luxembourg? Turkey brought into NATO one of the most important strategic areas in the whole world. Through Turkey, NATO controlled the Turkish Straits, Russians access to the Med., and got to stage short and medium range ballistic missiles and bombers in the country to threaten the Soviet Union's southern flank. Well worth their membership, they brought more to the table than a good portion of tiny shitty leftist European countries. Before the last coup in Turkey failed, allowing it to slide more and more toward Islamicic ferver, Turkey was as secular a Muslim majority country could be, a neocon's wet dream.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Meh.

Turkey is showing its true colors as an isis supporter.

Surprise? No.
View Quote

America is a de facto ISIS supporter, via Obama.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Bull-fucking shit.
View Quote
Well, I am certainly glad THAT ww3 provocation is over.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hopefully NATO wises up and says fuck Turkey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The opening volley of ww3.

They better say fuck Turkey.

Turkey is the agresser

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Ramming speed!

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?
View Quote

Yep.  One of our CVNs shot the shit out of one of their DDs with a SeaSparrow in surface mode back in the late 80s.  I counted it as an unscheduled OT data point

And it's a little late Turkey... MOSKVA is already in the Med.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

wasn't free international transit through the Dardanelles and the Bosporus part of the treaties that ended the first world war when the Turks surrendered?  I know it was one of Wilson's 14 points.
View Quote
So what you're saying is Turkey is re-starting WWI

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I blame the Freemasons.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I blame the Freemasons.  

I don't remember voting on this.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This.  However, I suspect this move was at the prompting of the Whine Haus.  Dear Leader wants WW III.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  However, I suspect this move was at the prompting of the Whine Haus.  Dear Leader wants WW III.
Dear Leader has a gun ban agenda to attend with.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Uhm, no, pretty much every government involved almost immediately decided on war, as a quick and easy fix to a number of problems that had nothing to do with Franz Ferdy.  What they didn't realize was how bad the war was going to be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and no. WWI started after Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, which made Russia declare war on AH (due to defense treaty). That pulled in Germany on AH's side, and Britain and France on Russia's side (because of more defense treaties). Then others joined the fray as well. Due to the complexities of the various treaties and that everyone was jones'ing for another war (because they all thought they would win it) they all used the treaty obligations as pretext for attacking their strategic enemies.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Meh. It was a different time back when social justice meant a bar fight and gallant vanquishing of an enemy was celebrated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually social justice was the murder and oppression of minorities, and vanquishing of enemies cost millions of lives, and the lack of total vanquishing and oppressive post vanquish rules put in place set the stage for WW2...

But... yea we can go with your version.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sick and tired of Turkey.
View Quote

Yeah, we all get that way after Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I blame the Freemasons.  

See, you miss one meeting .........

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do people post this crap knowing it's not true?

Erdogan was just this morning talking about how much he regretted what happened and how he wanted to get relations back to normal with Russia. Putin will hold out and pout and make demands. In the end the Turks will have to make an apology and give a million to the pilot's family. Then they'll shake hands and both sides will be more careful in the future. Turkey depends on Russia for their economy, 2nd largest trading partner, plus gas and such. Russia needs the Turks to stop supporting the terrorists. They'll meet in the middle somewhere. It's not nearly the big deal that infowars and other idiots will have you believe.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I love Turkey....I had the best two months of my life in Turkey in Alanya and Side.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#24]
well, there was that rumor i posted about that said turkey shot down a russian plane.

week ago or so.. it did happen so..

maybe they are writing about it too soon?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm sorry ...I don't like the current idiot running Turkey but Turkey in general has always always been one of our strongest allies in that area and they have always been on our side.

They were THEE FIRST to enter the Korean war and sent troops rather easily.

My best friend Ali's father is one of the surviving Korean war veterans from Turkey and he has stories to tell what they did against the Koreans and Chinese.

Erdogan is an Islamic thug....end of story.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Get into NATO by their own strength? Like the Netherlands? How about Luxembourg? Turkey brought into NATO one of the most important strategic areas in the whole world. Through Turkey, NATO controlled the Turkish Straits, Russians access to the Med., and got to stage short and medium range ballistic missiles and bombers in the country to threaten the Soviet Union's southern flank. Well worth their membership, they brought more to the table than a good portion of tiny shitty leftist European countries. Before the last coup in Turkey failed, allowing it to slide more and more toward Islamicic ferver, Turkey was as secular a Muslim majority country could be, a neocon's wet dream.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The Turks may be assholes, but there's very good strategic reasons for them to be in NATO.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Meh.

Surprise? No.
View Quote

Turkey talking crap because they are in NATO and think that we've got their backs if the Russians get froggy
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Miss Turkey should be Turkey's ambassador to Russia.  She sold a lot of burgers for Hardees/Carls a few years ago.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's not true.
View Quote

Whatever, man.  Superstation95 say so.  It's gotta be true.  Gotta be.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Turkey talking crap because they are in NATO and think that we've got their backs if the Russians get froggy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

Surprise? No.

You guys know that nothing in the original post actually happened, right?

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Russia will create some new artificial reefs by the end of the week if this is true. Turkey is playing a stupid game and putting NATO in the middle of it. I hope Nato commanders have informed Turkish commanders that they are on their own if they actively provoke war with Russia as they are doing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Turkey doesn't need a Navy to close the Bosporus or Dardanelles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?

Turkey doesn't need a Navy to close the Bosporus or Dardanelles.

Yep. Shore based artillery and missiles would work just fine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A pretty reasonable one, in fact. Lots of diesel electric subs and Harpoon equipped corvettes. Pretty strong 'fuck off' factor.

Wouldn't last long against a pissed off Black Sea fleet, but you can bet they'd try to give Moskva a swift kick to the nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?

A pretty reasonable one, in fact. Lots of diesel electric subs and Harpoon equipped corvettes. Pretty strong 'fuck off' factor.

Wouldn't last long against a pissed off Black Sea fleet, but you can bet they'd try to give Moskva a swift kick to the nuts.

It is a VERY narrow straight. The thing is, if the russian navy sinks a decent number of turkish ships in the straight, there will be no way they will be able to clear it of mines in any reasonable amount of time. All that uncharted new junk will make it next to impossible to clear them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Russia will create some new artificial reefs by the end of the week if this is true. Turkey is playing a stupid game and putting NATO in the middle of it. I hope Nato commanders have informed Turkish commanders that they are on their own if they actively provoke war with Russia as they are doing.
View Quote

Like how Russia did a devastating blow to Turkey after the plane was shot down?

Oh that's right, that didn't happen, cause Russia is 1 part fail, 2 parts hype, and 3 parts bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm surprised that fake news has become as big of a deal as it has.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh that's right, that didn't happen, cause Russia is 1 part fail, 2 parts hype, and 3 parts bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia is just being prudent. They would certainly fuck Turkey's world up if Turkey were not in NATO. But then Turkey would never have shot down that plane if they weren't in NATO.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just exploiting the plague of gullible people on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just exploiting the plague of gullible people on the internet.

ETA Burst instead of semi
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sick and tired of Turkey.
View Quote

and their dreams of avarice and caliphate
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

another stage for him to perform his bowing act....
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I would rather have the Quackbars fighting the Russians than the US.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are we talking about Turkey or POTUS?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#43]
You idiots would believe anything. Nice try OP.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Russia is just being prudent. They would certainly fuck Turkey's world up if Turkey were not in NATO. But then Turkey would never have shot down that plane if they weren't in NATO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep seeing people post about how Russia will lay the smack down on other countries, but where is the evidence?

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This. The Turks may be assholes, but there's very good strategic reasons for them to be in NATO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There WAS good strategic reasons. We no longer need to worry about the Warsaw Pact. We keep increasing NATO and pushing closer and closer to Russian borders. Russia wants/needs a buffer between it and a hostile NATO. A pro-Russian president of Ukraine is overthrown. I'm surprised that was the last straw actually. If I was a Russian president I say "Remember when you said you weren't going to expand NATO anymore, and then lied" well now we're taking everything back until you all pull back to where you were. And I'd roll everything I had east if I failed I'd launch em all. There is no excuse for our constant bear baiting.

We've got them completely surrounded, and it's not enough. If we would've actually gave them a hand up in the 90s rather than continue kicking them while they were down might have had some powerful cinservative Christian allies with lots of tanks and nukes right now. As it is, we're trying to goad them into taking the Baltics to put some space between them and our armor. One day someone less rational than Putin may be in charge, the Communists may win the next election and take back over everything. Who knows? But we should prepare for our constant poking to come back and bite us as some point.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Russians have a history of getting a might bit pissy when somebody attempts to get between them and their limited access to warm water. I never assumed they would go to war over an aircraft or two but boxing them in the Black Sea, yeah that outta do it. Moot point though since the story now looks to be complete BS.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Fuck Turkey.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I keep seeing people post about how Russia will lay the smack down on other countries, but where is the evidence?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well they have rolled right through a few countries in the last few years. Countries we had defense agreements with yet sat on our hands and watched Putin do it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Talk about poking a bear! The Russian Bear could squash Turkey in one blow, so they are being awfully foolish to play with fire like this.
View Quote

No they can't. Turkey is one of the more powerful NATO members on its own. Decent Navy too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's only one sixth fail.  They're way more fail than that.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top