User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything for real yet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure where I sit on this. Not cool of Turkey, but kinda laughing at the Russians.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Article is BS. There is a Russian cargo ship passing through the Straight of Bosphorus as of a few minutes ago, according to the live map.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Article is BS. There is a Russian cargo ship passing through the Straight of Bosphorus as of a few minutes ago, according to the live map.

^this.  

But Arfcom doesn't care.  When Alex Jones says there's gonna be a showdown, that's all that matters.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]

The less potent Article 4, which merely invokes consultation among NATO members, has been invoked five times: by Turkey in 2003 over the Iraq War; twice in 2012 by Turkey over the Syrian Civil War, after the downing of an unarmed Turkish F-4 reconnaissance jet, and after a mortar was fired at Turkey from Syria; in 2014 by Poland, following the Russian intervention in Crimea; and again by Turkey in 2015 after threats by the Islamic State to its territorial integrity.
View Quote

Hmmm.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Any credible sources yet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?
View Quote

Don't need one, from the coast of the Dardanelles you could use a sniper rifle to shoot the people aboard the ships travelling in the middle of the strait and it would be an easy shot. Its not very wide, its surrounded by high rocky ground . Too easy to defend, just ask Great Britain.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope Putin nukes that shithole Turkey into the Stone Age!  Fuck Turkey, UN, and NATO!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Christmas has come early?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going with "bullshit" until proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
The news services are amazingly quiet for such an earth shattering event.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure where I sit on this. Not cool of Turkey, but kinda laughing at the Russians.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sick and tired of Turkey.
View Quote

Same here but I'm still into the ham!  

As for the rest, let's see if it's real.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hmmm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The less potent Article 4, which merely invokes consultation among NATO members, has been invoked five times: by Turkey in 2003 over the Iraq War; twice in 2012 by Turkey over the Syrian Civil War, after the downing of an unarmed Turkish F-4 reconnaissance jet, and after a mortar was fired at Turkey from Syria; in 2014 by Poland, following the Russian intervention in Crimea; and again by Turkey in 2015 after threats by the Islamic State to its territorial integrity.

Hmmm.

Turkey's been in the political suck since the 1950s.  

Most people don't know that Kennedy's Cuban missile crisis resulted (indirectly) from the USA's nuclear missiles in Turkey.  The Cuban missile crisis was resolved when Kennedy caved to Russia's demands, and agreed to remove the missiles from Turkey.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
This was posted back in 2014 about the Ukraine situation.

In a separate announcement, Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ahmet Davutoglu, said
Moscow was pursing "self-willed policy” in the region and urged Russia
to respect the territorial integrity of its neighboring countries. "The
security of Tatars is the main strategic priority for Turkey,” he
remarked. "Pandora’s box should not be opened. If you create a de facto
situation in Ukraine, this will have a domino effect on all the
countries in the Eurasia region,” Davutoglu said in televised remarks made the day of the Russian implemented referendum.

While the sea-port of Sevastopol has been lauded for its strategic
importance as the only warm water port in the Black Sea Russia controls,
restriction to it would be a self-made prison. Russian activity in the
eastern basin of the Mediterranean is dependent on this passage to
Crimea, and restriction would cut off arms shipments between Russia and
the Syrian port in Tartus, as as well as lucrative arms deals with Egypt.

http://ukrainianpolicy.com/turkey-warns-russia-it-will-blockade-bosphorus/

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Stop linking to shitty websites, OP.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Who is Obama going to apologize first to is the real question.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I call bullshit.  No pmag popping... The guys in the ARFCOM survival sub-forum are not bugging out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You look at my link up there with real time ship tracks?^^^
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#22]
It's going to get interesting soon if that's true.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?
View Quote

Turkey doesn't need a navy to fuck up shit going through the Dardanelles. You can ask Churchill and the ANZACS about that one.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ask Churchill if Turkey needs one to keep the Russians bottled up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?

Ask Churchill if Turkey needs one to keep the Russians bottled up.

Well played sir, well played. I award you one historical geopolitical point.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh goddammit, it's that Superstation 95 bullshit again.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stop linking to shitty websites, OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't need one, from the coast of the Dardanelles you could use a sniper rifle to shoot the people aboard the ships travelling in the middle of the strait and it would be an easy shot. Its not very wide, its surrounded by high rocky ground . Too easy to defend, just ask Great Britain.

https://www.mhs.ox.ac.uk/moseley/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/05/Dardanelles1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?

https://www.mhs.ox.ac.uk/moseley/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/05/Dardanelles1.jpg

Found this cool drawing researching the British action there during WW1

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
wasn't free international transit through the Dardanelles and the Bosporus part of the treaties that ended the first world war when the Turks surrendered?  I know it was one of Wilson's 14 points.
View Quote

It was from 1936, but even so, like all international law, its meaningless unless the signatories don't enforce our provisions. Technically, we would have to side with Turkey as the current treaty allows them to close it in the event of war. But I doubt Obama is willing to get involved in this one way or another, he's got one year left and wont risk attaching himself to a war, not when he is trying to make his legacy about global warming bullshit, distancing himself from the Middle East as much as possible. So Turkey might actually catch an invasion over this. Its absolutely impossible for Russia to not act, Putin has to or he loses face. If this article is true, he will see it as cause for war against Turkey.

I do wonder what the Turk regime is thinking, they are acting pretty irrational lately, almost like they are purposely picking a fight with Russia. They are majority Sunni, they don't recognize the Kurds, so it makes somewhat sense that they wouldn't risk pissing off Sunni's by siding against them, even their most radical elements, for fear of ISIS turning the war north into ripe Sunni territory. They are kind of stuck supporting ISIS...its going to bite them in the ass though. Coup time is a-coming.  

For all you pessimists looking to press the reset button, Turkey has an American air base on it, with scores of nukes. If that gets attacked by the Russians, it'll likely go nuclear.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, once a year is enough for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sick and tired of Turkey.

Yeah, once a year is enough for me.

I do believe Turkey will getting served all through December and into January.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Turkey has a navy?
View Quote

A better Navy than Russia's actually. By a long shot.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It was from 1936, but even so, like all international law, its meaningless unless the signatories don't enforce our provisions. Technically, we would have to side with Turkey as the current treaty allows them to close it in the event of war. But I doubt Obama is willing to get involved in this one way or another, he's got one year left and wont risk attaching himself to a war, not when he is trying to make his legacy about global warming bullshit, distancing himself from the Middle East as much as possible. So Turkey might actually catch an invasion over this. Its absolutely impossible for Russia to not act, Putin has to or he loses face. If this article is true, he will see it as cause for war against Turkey.

I do wonder what the Turk regime is thinking, they are acting pretty irrational lately, almost like they are purposely picking a fight with Russia. They are majority Sunni, they don't recognize the Kurds, so it makes somewhat sense that they wouldn't risk pissing off Sunni's by siding against them, even their most radical elements, for fear of ISIS turning the war north into ripe Sunni territory. They are kind of stuck supporting ISIS...its going to bite them in the ass though. Coup time is a-coming.  

For all you pessimists looking to press the reset button, Turkey has an American air base on it, with scores of nukes. If that gets attacked by the Russians, it'll likely go nuclear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wasn't free international transit through the Dardanelles and the Bosporus part of the treaties that ended the first world war when the Turks surrendered?  I know it was one of Wilson's 14 points.

We've been overdue for a reset anyways

Sorry, been on here too much.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#32]
If so that has to be one of the dumbest moves ever in recent history.

Russia is looking for an excuse to go all nationalist on someone they "know" they can beat.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Talk about poking a bear! The Russian Bear could squash Turkey in one blow, so they are being awfully foolish to play with fire like this.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Talk about poking a bear! The Russian Bear could squash Turkey in one blow, so they are being awfully foolish to play with fire like this.
View Quote

No.  Turkey has a decent military.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#35]
In for more infomation.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#36]
So, does this mean that Ann Margret's NOT coming?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Fake
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#38]
So, how's that going?  Are they starting the real anthropogenic global warming yet?  

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If so that has to be one of the dumbest moves ever in recent history.

Russia is looking for an excuse to go all nationalist on someone they know they can beat.
View Quote

What makes you think they could smash Turkey, especially considering how the Ukraine has gone?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Fake
View Quote

They won't listen.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Meh.

Turkey is showing its true colors as an isis supporter.

Surprise? No.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#43]
uh, there seem to be Russian flagged shipping in the  Bosphorus strait Right now.
Did you know that AIS is public, and you can view it yourself pretty much in real time Right Here
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
uh, there seem to be Russian flagged shipping in the  Bosphorus strait Right now.
Did you know that AIS is public, and you can view it yourself pretty much in real time Right Here
View Quote

Shhhhhh!

I want to watch the SHTF circle jerk.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That main stream press, always covering these things up  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The news services are amazingly quiet for such an earth shattering event.

That main stream press, always covering these things up  

It's still Thanksgiving holiday.  The MSM sucks for news on holidays.  The media feeding frenzy on Colorado will begin full force on Monday.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt this is true. Even if it is true I can't believe that we would let a puffed up terrorist supporter that conned their way into NATO drag us into a shooting war with the Russians.  
View Quote

Turkey didn't "con its way into NATO".  Russia has been playing fuck-fuck games with Turkey since WWI, particularly about the Straits, and ratcheted it up right after WWII.  They were inducted to NATO as part of Truman's Containment policy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Loool Infowars? Debkafile? Some other site I've personally never heard of, but I'll file under "Bullshit for $100 Alex"

Jesus tap-dancing christ.... Tighten up GD.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hopefully NATO wises up and says fuck Turkey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The opening volley of ww3.

Hopefully NATO wises up and says fuck Turkey.

Correct, *if* this is in fact true. Given its not breaking news on credible sites makes me think otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I seriously doubt this is true. Even if it is true I can't believe that we would let a puffed up terrorist supporter that conned their way into NATO drag us into a shooting war with the Russians.  
View Quote

No one though the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand would lead to WWI either.   It started things slowly moving and by the time people were aware they were heading to war, inertia made it almost impossible to stop.

I'm hoping this is just more infowars bullshit.  If it is true,  we're headed for interesting times.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top