Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 3:33:03 AM EDT
I received a Safety Warning in the mail today regarding the "2007 Through 2014 Model year Tundra Vehicles Spare Tire Use and Reinstallation Instruction Update."

This is not a recall, just instructions on how to "reset" your Spare Tire Holding Bracket.

Evidently if your vehicle is hit, you hit something, or make an abrupt stop it can become undocked and cause death or injury.

I just thought I would pass this along.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet the state department is busy letting ISIS know to check all those nice new toyota trucks we bought them
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet the state department is busy letting ISIS know to check all those nice new toyota trucks we bought them
View Quote

I don't think this is the thread for that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
that   doesn't have the braking power  to launch a tire with the force to kill someone
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've moved enough times that I no longer get junk mail from Toyota.  In a nutshell, what do they want me to do?

Or is this the perfect excuse to buy a full size spare and mount it in my bed?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
that   doesn't have the breaking power  to launch a tire with the force to kill someone
View Quote

If it comes loose and drops on the freeway at speed and kills the driver behind you you'll know all about that launching force.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've moved enough times that I no longer get junk mail from Toyota.  In a nutshell, what do they want me to do?

View Quote

My Tundra has a full-size spare and all Toyota is saying is to check the mount of the spare.

I did a search on the Internet and couldn't find anything regarding the notice I received.

The letter I received was USPS First Class Mail.

To me that's not Junk Mail.

I should have known better to post this in GD.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Well then, just take your Tundra and go away.
I for one appreciate you posting it, don't have a Tundra, I have the better of the two a Tacoma.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#8]
First I've heard of it.

I have a 2010.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My Tundra has a full-size spare and all Toyota is saying is to check the mount of the spare.

I did a search on the Internet and couldn't find anything regarding the notice I received.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not bashing, my apologies if it came off that way.  My Tundra is leveled on 33"s and in the back of the mind I've always wondered "shit, what if I have a flat?" since I have the stock spare.  Is it just inspecting the spare (which I need to do anyway) and making sure the mount is snug?  I remember people doing weird stuff with their spare tires when bed bounce was a big internet issue (mine doesn't wobble much now that it has a heavy tool box). I'm about to do the 100k maintenance myself, so might as well knock that out too.

The endless "extended warranty" crap I got is why I'm happy not to receive mail from Toyota anymore.  Actual technical info is always good (I usually check tundraforum every month or two).  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not bashing, my apologies if it came off that way.  My Tundra is leveled on 33"s and in the back of the mind I've always wondered "shit, what if I have a flat?" since I have the stock spare.  Is it just inspecting the spare (which I need to do anyway) and making sure the mount is snug?  I remember people doing weird stuff with their spare tires when bed bounce was a big internet issue (mine doesn't wobble much now that it has a heavy tool box). I'm about to do the 100k maintenance myself, so might as well knock that out too.

The endless "extended warranty" crap I got is why I'm happy not to receive mail from Toyota anymore.  Actual technical info is always good (I usually check tundraforum every month or two).  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem, Bro.

I didn't know that your Tundra was sitting on 33's.

Mine is a stock, 2008 CrewMax, 5.7 with factory tires and the factory spare.

I think the notice is more of a safety update more than anything.

No hard feelings.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I for one appreciate you posting it, don't have a Tundra, I have the better of the two a Tacoma.
View Quote

Lmao. Less interior room, smaller bed, far less power, and a higher price with roughly the same gas mileage as a real truck.

That's a "truck" for people who don't really need a truck. They are cute, though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had two Tacomas. A 1999 and a 2002.

You might not care for my behemoth, but at least you are part of the family.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got something in the mail, I think I threw it out  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First I've heard of it.

I have a 2010.
I got something in the mail, I think I threw it out  

I can e-mail you a copy of the instructions that came with my notice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top