Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.
I was hopping for some great enterprise SSDs for a server upgrade.
and an acog would have been nice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Severely

Computer shit was basically non-existant

This.

midway had acogs for 600 or some crazy low price
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Severely

Computer shit was basically non-existant

This.

says for a crossbow.  could it be used on a rifle?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]

all I bought was more ammo  ......

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

There and still are some good ammo deals.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought an Xbox one bundle with a free extra controller and a game, plus 3 other games and a 4TB external HD.

Weren't screaming deals...still haven't opened anything.  I just figured I was eventually going to buy them, so why not now?

I could still use a few cases of quality 9mm though.  Maybe something in the $200 or less shipped range?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

where?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting.....it's going to be interesting to see how the stock market reacts Monday.  Just with the amount of people in this thread stating they have no extra money, along with the poster stating they had a large excess of Black Friday door buster TV's still in stock, combined with crappy BF sales... I think they may find out the market is overinflated and people really ARE having a hard time making it money wise.  

I spent a couple hundred at Walmart but it was budgeted a couple months ago for my kids.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to best Buy. A lot of stuff on sale based on their very high MSRPs.  Basically you can buy their stuff all day, every day off your favorite online auction site, at your convenience. Cheapest lowest quality 4K sets, tablets, etc.
Got nothing there.

Scored several minimags in Home Depot. Half the price. Ended up at $13/each.  The latest greatest 272 lumen MiniMags.  As bright as Surefire. And throw is great also. For real. On 2 crappy alkaline cells.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The best thing I bought was $5 unlimited cloud storage on Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
200 for a 980 bg ssd not to bad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Paid $306 for a DSG upper.  

I almost grabbed a $180 PSA Stainless upper, but it was OOS by the time I got around to it.  I'm glad, because the DSG upper is a better deal.  Rock Creek barrel and a Seekins rail on the DSG.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't go out, didn't buy squat.  What's the body count for Black Friday?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]

I picked this up for $199 shipped.

" />
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That depends on whether or not surefire cancels my order.
View Quote

Mine to.  Ordered a DSF870 and one of the M600 scout lights........I am waiting for the cancelled due to our own fuck up email on Monday.  

If that gets canned, then I bought nothing.  Most of the sales on firearms & related items sucked.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Good deal if the wheel kit is included. Mediocre deal otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wheel kit is included. I thought it was a killer deal for a small generator.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Got a Meprolight RDS for $280 shipped and picked up a Troy rear folding sight for $60 "cheapest folding quality sight I could find"......damn just need to find a good trigger deal. I think last year was a bit better, prices are so low already I knew this BF would suck
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw nothing. Not a single thing.

Black friday has become a joke.

"black Friday" has just become another day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Best DVD deals I saw.

Band of Brothers Blu-Ray $10

Breaking Bad (complete) Blu-Ray $40

True Detective Blu-Ray $10
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got a Meprolight RDS for $280 shipped and picked up a Troy rear folding sight for $60 "cheapest folding quality sight I could find"......damn just need to find a good trigger deal. I think last year was a bit better, prices are so low already I knew this BF would suck
View Quote

The RDS is a sleeper. Bought one last year, wanted another but put the funds on other items.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I got 5lbs of 93% lean ground beef for $1.99 a pound, does that count?

Edit: normally $5-$6 per pound.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought more kitchen stuff from Kohls with the 50% black friday deal plus %20 then $15 kohls cash for every $50 spent vs firearm stuff.   :(
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Best DVD deals I saw.

View Quote

Band of Brothers BluRay set for $10???  Shit.  I would've bought that for sure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best DVD deals I saw.

I wonder where that was from?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Paid $306 for a DSG upper.  

I almost grabbed a $180 PSA Stainless upper, but it was OOS by the time I got around to it.  I'm glad, because the DSG upper is a better deal.  Rock Creek barrel and a Seekins rail on the DSG.
View Quote

That DSG upper was a steal. People don't realize it cause there was a bazillion other uppers out there that were cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best DVD deals I saw.

Best Buy. Sold out online, still available for store pickup where in stock. Check here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/band-of-brothers-blu-ray-disc-remastered/9078936.p?id=1898108&skuId=9078936&acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#27]
It looks like the best deals were for TVs.  I think much of the gun related stuff is already rock bottom or close to it. I would hope that the last previous year's fiascoes at Bud's Gun shop and similar might have also tempered the unrealistic offers that many gun stores were making just to get people to in for a bait and switch.  Maybe the consequences of bad press for bad business is finally outweighing the gains of deceptive advertising?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]

I didn't really see any great deals this year, but prices have been at record lows all year.

I didn't have any money to spend anyway.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That same genset is produced under a bunch of names and can be found in the $225-250 range several times a year. The wheel kit is usually $35-50 extra. They're heavy and loud for their power output.

So, I agree $200 is a good deal. It's a great deal if you have no other genset and now can check the prepped box. Not authorized, but .....
You can make a suicide-cable (extension cord with two plug ends) to back feed your electrical panel through a garage outlet. If the power is out you:
1. pull the main fuse carousel from the breaker panel.
2. Put genset outside.
3. Plug the genset output into the garage receptical.
4. Fire up genset.

Now you're not running extension cords all over the place to operate the fridge, freezer, furnace blower/pump, hot water gas igniter, etc. Everything is still protected on individual breakers, and you're feeding the panel through the 15/20 amp garage breaker.

A real, bonafide, certified, tested transfer switch is the correct way to go, but the ghetto back feed suicide-cable is a cheap emergency prep.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Federal 5.56x45 NATO XM193  55-grain Full Metal Jacket 420-Round Ammo Can on Stripper Clips $135 shipped

M600P from Surefire for $118

other than that not very impressed... but like other have said gun pars are pretty much already rock bottom
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I usually am.

The surefire deal on the x600 fury was DECENT....but not what I'd expect from black friday.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I went to the mall today because I haven't bought a new pair of pants in two years. Normally that's a suicide mission between Black Friday and Jan 1.  Today the place was dead and parking was a non-issue. I got three pairs of name brand jeans for $60 at a department store. That doesn't bode well for the economy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Nothing much online.

Popped on 640 rounds of ZQI shipped for $280, was pretty good.

Locally I picked up a Rossi M92 .44 mag for $400.

Pawnshop (unrelated to black Friday sales) a Russian Makarov 9X18 for $160 with holster, spare mag and cleaning rod
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I went to the mall today because I haven't bought a new pair of pants in two years. Normally that's a suicide mission between Black Friday and Jan 1.  Today the place was dead and parking was a non-issue. I got three pairs of name brand jeans for $60 at a department store. That doesn't bode well for the economy.
View Quote

I'm sure most stores will cry poverty, as they do most years, but the thing about this year that was / is different is that "Black Friday" was spread out over a couple of weeks...if not the entire month.  So instead of everyone crowding (overcrowding) into a particular store during just a 6 hour period, it was spread out over a lot more time.  It's the same with Cyber Monday.  They made / are making their sales, just not all at once.  But like I said, they will all still cry poverty.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#35]
The only thing I took advantage of was a the 10% off and completely free shipping at Sportsman's guide to get my Parents their Christmas Gifts. Buying my mother a new hammock, came in handy with the free shipping since it is bulky and weighs a little bit.

Other than that, BCM has a few sales going and so does Brownell's. But, there is nothing that is on sale that I really really want.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Picked up an SWFA SS 10x milquad scope. Was $40 off, and came with a set of rings and bubble level.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought an Aimpoint H1 for $400 and Star Wars Infinity 3.0 for $35.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
That same genset is produced under a bunch of names and can be found in the $225-250 range several times a year. The wheel kit is usually $35-50 extra. They're heavy and loud for their power output.

So, I agree $200 is a good deal. It's a great deal if you have no other genset and now can check the prepped box. Not authorized, but .....

You can make a suicide-cable (extension cord with two plug ends) to back feed your electrical panel through a garage outlet. If the power is out you:

2. Put genset outside.

4. Fire up genset.

Now you're not running extension cords all over the place to operate the fridge, freezer, furnace blower/pump, hot water gas igniter, etc. Everything is still protected on individual breakers, and you're feeding the panel through the 15/20 amp garage breaker.

A real, bonafide, certified, tested transfer switch is the correct way to go, but the ghetto back feed suicide-cable is a cheap emergency prep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2. Put genset outside.

4. Fire up genset.

Yeah I'd never heard of WEN, and since they look just like all others, I figure it's probably the same as a champion and other less prominent name brands. Sound isn't a huge issue at the time, since my neighborhood is roomy and I'm in the cul de sac. My main interest was that 240v plug so I can rig up my gas pac if needed.

I was power production in the Air Force so I finally had to get something for emergencies and it's a shame for me to not have any backup power, since I specialized in it. Especially with a new 6 month old baby and winter coming.

I've talked to some buddies about it and I think I may just install a manual transfer switch. Don't really want to take a chance backfeeding through the neutral and killing a lineman. However, in an extreme emergency it would work to get some heat in the house.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw no good deals on anything I wanted.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The only think I picked up was totally not firearm related.
A new fish finder for my kayak.
View Quote

My brother in law was talking last night about getting a kayak-got me wanting one too.

My younger brother fishes for big flatheads, has caught a couple over 30 pounds. I want to hook one and go for a Nantucket sleigh ride.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top