BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched a guys IOTV eat like fifteen Ak rounds from under 50m. His rifle stopped a few and one was stopped by his Leupy mk4.

When I got blown up my only injury was from falling off a building with all my shit on. Little shrapnel bits all up in my armor.

I'll keep wearing armor.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Friend of mine was a medic in the army. He said his saved him from a chest shot one day. He's not the kind to bullshit. Surgical nurse in Houston now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:10:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those vests and bat belts compared to PC's loaded with ammo alone are like comparing water to whiskey. lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For uniformed LEOs it considered "Safety Equipment."   Thus you have to wear it while on duty.

Would you work without safety shoes, glasses, hearing protection, etc... when the job called for it?

Aloha, Mark

Those vests and bat belts compared to PC's loaded with ammo alone are like comparing water to whiskey. lol

Oh, absolutely. And even that relatively lightweight stuff has thousands of "saves" in OIS incidents.
I was only a part-timer, and only for a little while, but I'd go without my baton or OC before I'd go without my vest. Long before.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]
90 pounds

Thats what my gear weighed

I wouldnt trade a single ounce for mobility because when you gotta fuckin move you're gonna move

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I know several guys that would likely be dead if not for body armor.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Massad Ayoob aggressivly claims that a vest saved his life during a low speed mild impact car crash.
View Quote

IIRC, he took the steering column in the chest, and the doctor actually told him that the vest helped.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top