[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
358win
338 fed

338-06

7mm-08 was made for girls who didn't want their shoulder to get sore
View Quote

It was developed for long range metallic silhouette shooting. It carried more energy to the target at longer ranges to knock the target down better than the beloved 308.

7mm has several new bullets with G1 BCs in 0.6-0.75 range now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
308... reload some nosler 125 accubonds with im3031 and you got a 300yd point and shoot rifle. Iv'e nicknamed my reloads "lightswitches" one second the deers alive the next its dead. Ive shot 10 plus deer so far(50 to 275 yds) and the most one has ran is 20yds. Keep in mind after 300yds ballistics on this load kind of go in the shitter.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:29:36 AM EDT
[#3]
7mm-08
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot a lot of 308 and bought a7mm-08 last year as an all around hunting rifle in the southeast and maybe for a future elk hunt. I'd never shot a7-08 before but I couldn't be happier! It feels to me like it has less recoil than the 308. I know it does shoot flatter.

I plan to reload for it but so far I've been extremely happy with factory ammo. With 140 fusions, my xbolt puts all the holes together. There's really not much difference in ammo cost and I'd rather have the slight ballistic advantages.

It's my favorite hunting caliber I've owned.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]

just saying
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:02:20 AM EDT
[#8]
If you ask me, 7mm-08 is the answer to a question no one asked.

The way I see it the logical caliber jumps go something like this.

.22LR
.380 Auto / 9mm Kurz
.45ACP
.223Rem
(maybe .243 here)
.270Win or .280Rem (but harder to find)
.308Win
.338 Lapua
.50 BMG
.416 Barret

What I put in bold, is plenty for deer. If I was hunting Elk, .308 for sure, maybe a pretty warm handload with whatever bullet I liked for that application.

Most of the calibers using a .308Win case as a parent case are "meh". And harder to find, they all have an advantage but they also all have disadvantages. Pick your expected range to target min and max, and compaire bullets and factory loadings within that range. Whatever whiz bang soft point /tipped boat tail bullet that offers the best ballistics in the weight bullet you want (typically heavier/longer = better external ballistics) and pick.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

NO!  NO!  FUCKING NO!!!  While my fucking deer with the fucking butterflied heart lay dead as fucking hell, the fucking 90# deer shot fucking in the chest with a fucking .243 jumped fucking up and fucking ran the fuck away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since you're looking at a really light rifle, I wouldn't rule out the .243 either.  Less recoil, wide range of bullet weight/applications, 100gr stuff is plenty for whitetail.

NO!  NO!  FUCKING NO!!!  While my fucking deer with the fucking butterflied heart lay dead as fucking hell, the fucking 90# deer shot fucking in the chest with a fucking .243 jumped fucking up and fucking ran the fuck away.

You can't blame poor shot placement on the round.  I have had to track shitty shot placement hits from others who used magnums.  .243 will easily blow right out the other side taking meat from the dead deer's heart and lungs with it...  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can't blame poor shot placement on the round.  I have had to track shitty shot placement hits from others who used magnums.  .243 will easily blow right out the other side taking meat from the dead deer's heart and lungs with it...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since you're looking at a really light rifle, I wouldn't rule out the .243 either.  Less recoil, wide range of bullet weight/applications, 100gr stuff is plenty for whitetail.

Yep.

I have taken a couple of young bucks 1 with a .270win and 1 with my fathers .280Rem. Both with 140gr tipped bullets left HUGE exit wounds large enough to put a small orange in, and they dropped dead on the stop, never took another step. This obsession with (anything under .308 is a pussies gun) is retarded.

P.S. You said in the south east. I'm from the Smokies in GA, if your area is anything like where I hunted, you wont be shooting over 300 yards so I really don't get it for white tail.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My Model 70 Classic featherweight 7mm08 is a short action.
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w524/jcbmecham/IMG_0509_zpsmszbpgts.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the 7x57mm was the original 7mm and it was also once a factory Winchester M70 featherweight caliber.
The 7mm-08 is for ignorant schmoes who do not understand classic cartridges.

You wont really beable to appreciate a 7x57 in a short action though.
My long action 7x57 m77mkll can handle 175 grain interlocks loaded way long

The Model 70 Featherweight is a long action.  It is also offered in .30-06 and .270.

My Model 70 Classic featherweight 7mm08 is a short action.
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w524/jcbmecham/IMG_0509_zpsmszbpgts.jpg

To be clear, the Model 70 Featherweight sold in 7x57mm was built on a long action.  And fwiw, it doesn't do well with stuff heavier than about 168's.

ETA: just did some looking around.  Model70's in 7x57 are few and far between.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#12]
7mm-08
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
308!  Nothing beats a .30 caliber bullet!  There's NO advantage to 7mm-08!  It was the solution to a problem that doesn't exist!  Inferior ballistics to boot!
View Quote

Wow. A little extreme there, you are.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What in the fucking blue blazing hell are all the .308 sucking fanbois doing misleading the fucking fuck out of Paulie771 so that he might fucking end up with a fucking ho-hum but fucking otherwise cool as fucking hell Winchester Model Fucking 70 Featherfuckingweight rifle?  HOLY FUCKING BASE MODEL FORD 150!  Do you fucking fuckers not have any fucking imagination better than fucking .308?  And who the fucking hell forgets their fucking ammunition when they go fucking hunting in fucking pofuckindunk Iowa?  Helloooo, here's fucking news for you fuckers, there is an internet where you can fucking buy whatever the fucking ammunition you fucking want.  So stock the fuck up!  And if you are too fucking stupid to remember your fucking ammunition when you go on a fucking hunt, you just might be too fucking stupid to carry a fucking rifle.

Or maybe you fuckers with the .308 cases stuck up your fucking assholes don't mind buying and burning more fucking gun powder to send more fucking lead to do a fucking job that the 7mm-08 does quite fucking nicely while kicking your fucking shoulder harder than you fucking need to.  Maybe that is what damaged the fucking fuck out of your fucking brain such that you cannot fucking fathom that the 7mm-08 has more fucking retained velocity and energy beyond 300 yards (more or fucking less) than the fucking .308.  Any fucking closer and who the fuck cares?  It will still fucking fuck up a fucking deer plenty fucking well.

I hunt fucking deer (also celibate deer) in the Southeast and have fucking done fucking fine with the 7mm-08.  In fact, I fucking shot one yesterday with 47.2 fucking grains of RL17 behind a 140 fucking grain Nosler Ballistic Tip flying 2735 fucking feet per second out of my 20" barreled Remington Model Fucking Seven XCR, and did it fucking filet the fucking heart?  HELL FUCKING NO you fucking .308 morons!  Every fucking sensible person who's fucking brain hasn't been fucking poisoned from drinking the fucking fuck jizzle of .308 trannies knows the fucking hell that there are no fucking bones in a fucking heart.  My 7mm-08 FUCKING BUTTERFLIED THAT FUCKING HEART.  Any sensible person also knows that the fucking 7mm-08 is the fucking sweet spot for blasting fucking deer.  I have fucking blasted the fucking fuck out of deer out to 250 yards for a full fucking bang-flop.  Was I so fucking stupid to then say, "Fuck, I could have fucked that fucking deer better if I had a fucking .308?  FUCK NO!!!  My fucking 7mm-08 fucked the hell out of that fucking deer while passing clear fucking through it!

So Paulie771, don't fucking pay any fucking heed to the fucking fuckers who lack the fucking creative wherewithal to fucking think past their fucking knee-jerk fucked-up suggestion to get a fuckingly fucked .308 because all the fucking smart people in the Southeast who are so fucking smart because they don't bow to the fucking alter of the false fucking .308 idol.  Seriously, all the fucking deer hunters in the fucking Southeast who aren't just a bunch of fucking fuckers shoot the fuck out of deer with a 7mm-08 so DON'T GET A DAMN .308.

ETA:  Sorry I didn't mean to say damn.
View Quote

8.7/10

If you had a few double wide trailer insults,  coupled with life time deer stand positions, you'd make it into the low 9's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#15]
I will say this, I probably run into more people hunting with 7mm-08's than with .308 rifles.  In fact, I know of very few people who even own a deer rifle in .308.  The majority of short action cartridges I see are either .243 or 7mm-08, with everything else being long actions in .270 or .30-06.  Most guys you see with .308s are older hunters with "classic" rifles, older model 70's or 700's with decent glass.  I've owned quite a few .308's over the years, but oddly enough, I'm down to only two...an older steel framed Belgium made Browing BLR and a '60s era Winchester 100.  I would love to find one in a Win 88, but prices have skyrocketed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#16]
7-08. .308 is boring as hell.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Went through the same decision recently and went with the .308, being able to easily find factory ammo was. A big factor for me.

Ballistics are very similar for both with the 7mm-08 being a little better but the bullet availability in .308 seemed to be better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What in the fucking blue blazing hell are all the .308 sucking fanbois doing misleading the fucking fuck out of Paulie771 so that he might fucking end up with a fucking ho-hum but fucking otherwise cool as fucking hell Winchester Model Fucking 70 Featherfuckingweight rifle?  HOLY FUCKING BASE MODEL FORD 150!  Do you fucking fuckers not have any fucking imagination better than fucking .308?  And who the fucking hell forgets their fucking ammunition when they go fucking hunting in fucking pofuckindunk Iowa?  Helloooo, here's fucking news for you fuckers, there is an internet where you can fucking buy whatever the fucking ammunition you fucking want.  So stock the fuck up!  And if you are too fucking stupid to remember your fucking ammunition when you go on a fucking hunt, you just might be too fucking stupid to carry a fucking rifle.

Or maybe you fuckers with the .308 cases stuck up your fucking assholes don't mind buying and burning more fucking gun powder to send more fucking lead to do a fucking job that the 7mm-08 does quite fucking nicely while kicking your fucking shoulder harder than you fucking need to.  Maybe that is what damaged the fucking fuck out of your fucking brain such that you cannot fucking fathom that the 7mm-08 has more fucking retained velocity and energy beyond 300 yards (more or fucking less) than the fucking .308.  Any fucking closer and who the fuck cares?  It will still fucking fuck up a fucking deer plenty fucking well.

I hunt fucking deer (also celibate deer) in the Southeast and have fucking done fucking fine with the 7mm-08.  In fact, I fucking shot one yesterday with 47.2 fucking grains of RL17 behind a 140 fucking grain Nosler Ballistic Tip flying 2735 fucking feet per second out of my 20" barreled Remington Model Fucking Seven XCR, and did it fucking filet the fucking heart?  HELL FUCKING NO you fucking .308 morons!  Every fucking sensible person who's fucking brain hasn't been fucking poisoned from drinking the fucking fuck jizzle of .308 trannies knows the fucking hell that there are no fucking bones in a fucking heart.  My 7mm-08 FUCKING BUTTERFLIED THAT FUCKING HEART.  Any sensible person also knows that the fucking 7mm-08 is the fucking sweet spot for blasting fucking deer.  I have fucking blasted the fucking fuck out of deer out to 250 yards for a full fucking bang-flop.  Was I so fucking stupid to then say, "Fuck, I could have fucked that fucking deer better if I had a fucking .308?  FUCK NO!!!  My fucking 7mm-08 fucked the hell out of that fucking deer while passing clear fucking through it!

So Paulie771, don't fucking pay any fucking heed to the fucking fuckers who lack the fucking creative wherewithal to fucking think past their fucking knee-jerk fucked-up suggestion to get a fuckingly fucked .308 because all the fucking smart people in the Southeast who are so fucking smart because they don't bow to the fucking alter of the false fucking .308 idol.  Seriously, all the fucking deer hunters in the fucking Southeast who aren't just a bunch of fucking fuckers shoot the fuck out of deer with a 7mm-08 so DON'T GET A DAMN .308.

View Quote

wow, did not know Samuel Jackson was a member.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You'll never see a difference on deer and recoil between 140 7mm and 150 .308 is negligible.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm, decisions, decisions. ..

Let's see a .308, shooting a 150 grain bullet, or a 7-08 shooting a 140 grain bullet.

Hmm same case, close to the same powder charge, close to the same bullet weight.

Damn, such a hard decision.

Wait, I know...   IT DOESN'T MAKE A FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

Also, no the recoil won't be much different either. Oh, sure, the difference is there, but you won't  feel it. So it doesn't matter either.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Model 70 Featherweight is a long action.  It is also offered in .30-06 and .270.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy the 7mm-08, then take it to a good gunsmith and have it rechambered for a proper cartridge--the 7x57mm

There's no need for that.  With Powerpro2000, the 7mm-08 will hit 284 Winchester speeds.

Yes but the 7mm08 is a short action. If you rechambered it you would still be stuck with the 7x57 in a short action

But the 7x57mm was the original 7mm and it was also once a factory Winchester M70 featherweight caliber.

The 7mm-08 is for ignorant schmoes who do not understand classic cartridges.

You wont really beable to appreciate a 7x57 in a short action though.

My long action 7x57 m77mkll can handle 175 grain interlocks loaded way long

Yes but rechambering a 708 still leaves you with a short action
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I have both in Ruger Mannlicher 77s. I have not shot either rifle but for deer I would take the 7mm everyday. If bear hunting I would pick the fatter 308.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

308!  Nothing beats a .30 caliber bullet!  There's NO advantage to 7mm-08!  It was the solution to a problem that doesn't exist!  Inferior ballistics to boot!
View Quote
LofuckingL

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

TL:DR   but from what I can tell 0/10 just by eyeballing  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

TL:DR   but from what I can tell 0/10 just by eyeballing  
Fucking 13er

10/10
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a recent production model 70 featherweight in 308 and its an exceptional gun. Great fit and finish, great trigger, awesome accuracy.

.308 offers more variety of ammo, is well regarded as an inherently accurate caliber, is available everywhere that sells ammo, and now capable of taking every large mammal on the north american continent with the exception of perhaps the big brown bears.

7-08 is a very capable caliber and can probably.do everything a .308 can. But it also offers no meaningful advantage over .308. Can't really go wrong either way though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Well, if we're just going to talk one-off anecdotes, I watched an elk soak up 4 rounds of .300 Weatherby Magnum and 2 .44 Mags into his chest before finally going down and staying down.

I guess .300 Weatherby Magnum isn't enough gun for elk.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if we're just going to talk one-off anecdotes, I watched an elk soak up 4 rounds of .300 Weatherby Magnum and 2 .44 Mags into his chest before finally going down and staying down.

I guess .300 Weatherby Magnum isn't enough gun for elk.  
Too fast. Blasts right thru. Does the same thing wire mooses,

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

7mm. It has less recoil than 308 and better bc bullets than 260 while being able to push a bullet of decent mass. You won't even feel when it goes off and the bullet will get there in no time, bucking the wind like a champ.
View Quote

BC doesn't matter at all here in the SE.

As for recoil, there's these things called 'Muzzle brakes.'  They work great.  I've got a Remington Model 7 in 7mm SAUM with a VAIS brake that recoils like a .243

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I picked one of these up a few weeks ago (.308) and put a Vortex 4x12 Diamond back on it. I have used a Remington 700 for 30 years. I wanted something a little lighter and liked the shorter pull on the trigger. I haven't had the time to shoot it yet and deer season starts here on Monday so I will have to wait until next year to use it

Browning X-Bolt Micro Midas
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I bought a 7-08 for my daughter, and I can tell you one thing: Brass for that caliber is about as easy to find as unicorn dust.

As far as practical differences at reasonable ranges? Who cares. Pick one - either will do the job with minimal differences.
View Quote

Yes, for the eco priced brass BUTT!!! I've never had a problem finding NORMA or LAPUA 7mm-08 brass at Powder Valley Inc.

or

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/Dept/reloading/rifle-brass/7mm-08-remington

or

http://www.midwayusa.com/7mm-08-remington/br?cid=7378

or

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/726?

or

http://www.brunoshooters.com

I am a big fan of Winchester brass of various calibers for price and quality...  and so are many others, it seems.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#32]
During the last few large ammo droughts I had no problem finding 7mm-08 on the shelves. I cant say the same for the .308.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I think I'm leaning more toward 7mm-08 at this point.

What are some good factory loads to look for? Anything with Barnes TSX or like?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ive got a friend who's got a couple cow elk with 120 barnes bullets in his 7-08

Im not sure if the were factory though. Ive been tempted to load some up for my 7x57.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't get fancy on deer ammo. They're easy enough to kill. Federal Power Shok or Remington Core Lok is about all I deer hunt with.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Most of the calibers using a .308Win case as a parent case are "meh".
View Quote

Actually, pretty much all of the cartridges that use the .308 are excellent.  It's the .308 itself that falls flat.  The .30 caliber bullet just kinda sucks.  It's pretty good for subsonic loads, though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say ".308" again! Say ".308" again! I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say ".308" one more Goddamn time!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I hunted with a 7-08 for almost 15 years. It deadened deer quite well.

Three deer shot on my farm this year with 243. Two using my own low-recoil load using Hornady Interlock, one using Fusion. All three did the job. The one yesterday dropped in its tracks. One was a bit far back, still went down in less than 75 yards. Another was a heart shot, ran about 40 yards.

I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with a 243 around here. That said, I use a 270 most of the time anymore.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I love 7mm08, but at this point in my life I would just get a 308 if I had to pick one of the two.

If I wanted to get the best choice, I would go get a 25.06 and load it with 100 gr bullets and be done with it.
View Quote

my friend has a 25-06 and with 100gr bullets - I'm impressed. if I ever have to start hunting fields, there is a good chance I'll buy one. I'm not a big fan of recoil and that cartridge hits above its weight class.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Actually, pretty much all of the cartridges that use the .308 are excellent.  It's the .308 itself that falls flat.  The .30 caliber bullet just kinda sucks.  It's pretty good for subsonic loads, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Sure, for longer range stuff the .308 is outclassed. For hunting out to average distances, lets say inside 400 yards saying the the .308 sucks is laughable.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#41]
P
Quoted:

lol

Sure, for longer range stuff the .308 is outclassed. For hunting out to average distances, lets say inside 400 yards saying the the .308 sucks is laughable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

The .308 doesn't fill a single role that at least one of the other cartridges derived from its case wouldn't fill better.  Not one.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I hunted with a 7-08 for almost 15 years. It deadened deer quite well.

Three deer shot on my farm this year with 243. Two using my own low-recoil load using Hornady Interlock, one using Fusion. All three did the job. The one yesterday dropped in its tracks. One was a bit far back, still went down in less than 75 yards. Another was a heart shot, ran about 40 yards.

I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with a 243 around here. That said, I use a 270 most of the time anymore.
View Quote

Deer are easy to kill, surprise surprise.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Either are a fine choice. Why not the 30-06?.  30-06 w\150gr Fusion is a good load for deer. Maybe you will want to go hunting somewhere other than the SE one day at larger game and shoot heavier bullets?  The 308 is a great round but I like versatility of the 30-06.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Southeast?  .30 .30  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
The 308 would be my choice as it is the more "common" round.
Both will be a fine choice for your intended use.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#47]
7mm-08

I can't even believe this is a discussion. During the panic 7mm-08 was one of the few rounds I could easily buy at Wal-Mart. .308 was nowhere to be found.

Take 15 minutes to read the Wikipedia article on each and I don't how anyone with a 3rd Grade reading level or above would choose the .308.

Maybe we've got a few folks in here pushing .308 so they can keep their 7mm-08 ammo safe on Wal-Mart store shelves during the next panic .
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've yet to see a 7-08 that shot any hornady load worth a shit. I really like anything federal premium, I've used the 140 partitions to kill elk and the 140 grain BT to kill everything from rock chucks to deer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
P
The .308 doesn't fill a single role that at least one of the other cartridges derived from its case wouldn't fill better.  Not one.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
P
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

And for deer hunting there isnt anything its offspring can do better either. We're splitting hairs here folks.

Show me an instance where a .308 will fail to kill a deer but a 7 08 will. Sure, talking wind drift with match grade bullets at 1k yards the .260 and 708 are probably better but we're not talking about that.

fwiw .308 barrels will last longer
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I bought a 7-08 for my daughter, and I can tell you one thing: Brass for that caliber is about as easy to find as unicorn dust.

As far as practical differences at reasonable ranges? Who cares. Pick one - either will do the job with minimal differences.
View Quote

Midway has Lapua, Hornady, Nosler, Prvi Partizan, Remington and Winchester 7-08 brass on the shelf and that is the first place I looked.

The Lapua and Hornady are on sale.

Handy link to Midway page for 7-08 brass. Buy it today!!!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top