Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 71
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep. Been to 3 officer's funerals in the same church on East Hampden in the past 3 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just attended Trooper Jursevics funeral on Monday.

There's been too much of that this year.

Yep. Been to 3 officer's funerals in the same church on East Hampden in the past 3 years.

Dammit
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

RIP, Brother.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

RIP, Brother.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Huff pro does mention two other abortion clinic attacks in their article which I never heard about  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even if the motive didn't involve PP, you can expect "Eric-Rudolph-2.0" to be the dominant narrative.
Huff pro does mention two other abortion clinic attacks in their article which I never heard about  

Of course they did.   That is what they want us to focus on, PP as 'victim' of the extremist conservative Patriot types, when it has been a very, very rare thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe already posted in the thread but this is what I found so far

Dear, pictured after he surrendered to police, is originally from South Carolina. (Getty)

Robert Lewis Dear, the suspected gunman, is from Hartsel, Colorado. According to KDVR-TV, he was previously a resident of North Carolina and is originally from South Carolina.

Dear’s age has been reported to as both 57 and 59, but public records indicate that he is 57. His family is from South Carolina, according to public records and his father’s obituary.

According to court records, Dear has an arrest record in both North and South Carolina. He has been convicted of several traffic offenses, but has been arrested several times on more serious charges.

His convictions include seat belt violations, driver’s license violations, operating a vehicle in an unsafe mechanical condition and driving a non-registered vehicle.

Dear was charged in Colleton, South Carolina, with two counts of cruelty to animals in 2002, but was found not guilty in a bench trial.

He was also charged in 2002 in Colleton with charges of “peeping Tom” and eavesdropping. Those charges were dismissed
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Any word on the identity of the other two deceased victims?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#9]
RIP to the deceased. I hope this asshole gets the death penalty.

Thanks Notrega for the updates.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
RIP to the deceased. I hope this asshole gets the death penalty.

Thanks Notrega for the updates.
View Quote

They didn't put Jared Loughner to death

I never wind up on a CO jury pool.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

For all the hard work you do on this site,  why haven't they bestowed a Life membership upon you yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
POS IDENTIFIED AS ROBERT LEWIS DEAR, 57

UCCS Officer has died... Garrett Swasey, 44
2 Civilians Dead
9 Othere Injured
12 Victims Total

GREAT WORK BY ALL RESPONDERS - LEOS, EMS, FIRE, etc... A VERY PROFESSIONAL GROUP FROM SCANNER TRAFFIC AND ACTIONS TO END THE SITUATION WITHOUT FURTHER LOSS OF LIFE
NEED TO CATCHUP? CLICK HERE

Suspect Info
* ROBERT LEWIS DEAR
* MAYBE FROM NORTH CAROLINA
* NO MOTIVE YET
* W/M
* DOB 04/16/1958 (57)
* Height 6'04"
* Weight 250
* Armed with AK
* Beard
* Trench Coat
* SAYS HE WAS ALONE WHEN ARRRSTED

* Brought Unknown Bags & "Devices"
* PERP WALK PIC
* PERP WALK VIDEO

Other Info
* CSPD - confirmed incident started at PP
* 4 Cops Injured
* 5 Civilians Injured
* 1 LEO DECEASED
* 2 CIVILIANS DECEASED

FBI WARNED OF PLANNED PARENTHOOD ATTACKS 2 MONTHS AGO

Thanks to DrewColt, ControlledChaos999, and R_Steel for some of the info below

Streams and Such Below
Click To View Spoiler

For all the hard work you do on this site,  why haven't they bestowed a Life membership upon you yet?

+1
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#14]
POTUS just issued his obligatory "GUN CONTROL NOW!!!" statement.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#15]

President Obama says US has 'to do something about easy accessibility' of guns amid Colorado shooting - @Reuters

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

President Obama says US has 'to do something about easy accessibility' of guns amid Colorado shooting - @Reuters

View Quote

FBHO
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
POTUS just issued his obligatory "GUN CONTROL NOW!!!" statement.
View Quote

Go to Chiraq and preach to your sons, Barry.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FBHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBHO

Yup. Fuck off obama.  We have a mental health issue disguised as a "gun issue."
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

FBHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FBHO
The fuck strike in charge said "weapons of war" this is purely political and pandering to the left.
Fuck him and anyone tha supports him.

The Giffords will be along for the puppet show shortly!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#20]
From a vibrant ?????
v
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#21]

RIP to Officer Swassey.

On topic: Paging Matt Bracken.

TC
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#22]
FBHO with an armored vehicle
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#23]
And.......here we go again with Obama.  Guess he missed the fact Colorado already passed some of his precious gun control laws (which cost several state legislators thier jobs via recall elections) and more importantly the fact THEY DIDN'T WORK.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Damn the cops ran their bearcat through the front doors of the building. Maybe people will shut the fuck up about cops having armored cars now.

Pp had some kind of body armor that he may have found
View Quote

One of these would have been useful.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Wish he'd just shut is face for once.. FBHO
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

http://www.policemag.com/_Images/products/M-RingPower-phogo-3.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn the cops ran their bearcat through the front doors of the building. Maybe people will shut the fuck up about cops having armored cars now.

is that a tactical outhouse on the bottom right?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#28]
If only we had laws as strict as, say, France, we could stop these. . . . . . . .

Oh wait.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, I WAS having a nice morning...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Voter info.
DEAR, ROBERT LEWIS JR  Party: Unaffiliated.

http://coloradovoters.info/by_number/6010/10372_robert_lewis_dear.html
View Quote

That shows to be a female
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except you cant drive it to the scene.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

He's got the crazy
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

More than once.

The bear was driven through the front of the building more than once. On one occasion three people were trapped in a bathroom, one of which had been shot in the chest. The bear went in, between the bad guy and the bathroom doors. Cops got out, snatched the three victims, and the bear drove out.

By my count there were at least ten such trips made. Without the bear, in this case we were lucky to have two, a lot of the rescues would not have been possible. Cry about the militarization of the police all you want. But the faces in the back of the bear told a different story. The, thank God you came and got me, story. Thank God you had this to come and get me. Funny how the perspective changes.

If you only knew what went on. Not just the scanner traffic, not just the news reports. We have lost a friend, and another coworker has holes in him. The bad guy was so distracted by an aggressive offense, that he went on defense. That gave people the chance to run and hide, and they did not die. If they had not drawn his fire, he would have had time to kill lots of people.

On one hand we suffered a great loss yesterday. On the other hand, we were very lucky. Lucky because well trained people did a great job, and prevented what could have been a slaughter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than once.

The bear was driven through the front of the building more than once. On one occasion three people were trapped in a bathroom, one of which had been shot in the chest. The bear went in, between the bad guy and the bathroom doors. Cops got out, snatched the three victims, and the bear drove out.

By my count there were at least ten such trips made. Without the bear, in this case we were lucky to have two, a lot of the rescues would not have been possible. Cry about the militarization of the police all you want. But the faces in the back of the bear told a different story. The, thank God you came and got me, story. Thank God you had this to come and get me. Funny how the perspective changes.

If you only knew what went on. Not just the scanner traffic, not just the news reports. We have lost a friend, and another coworker has holes in him. The bad guy was so distracted by an aggressive offense, that he went on defense. That gave people the chance to run and hide, and they did not die. If they had not drawn his fire, he would have had time to kill lots of people.

On one hand we suffered a great loss yesterday. On the other hand, we were very lucky. Lucky because well trained people did a great job, and prevented what could have been a slaughter.

Thank you, the selfless work y'all do is appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

By his logic we should ban planned parenthood because if they didn't exist this tragedy would not have occurred.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Colorado Springs police confirm items used by Planned Parenthood suspect secured, processed and no longer a threat - @CSPDPIO

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. Something needs to be done to make guns more easily accessible so people can protect themselves against evil.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#37]
FoxNews just said the scene is secured, all the devices have been accounted for and neutralized.

Also, I thought I heard the female host ask the mayor if some of the LEO casualties were the result of blue-on-blue...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

By yourself, cause of fucking ice storm!

Sorry Mom woke you up.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#39]

My cold reading is "Undermedicated. "

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There are between 500 and 1,000 abortion clinics in the country. (hard to tell as many move about and are independent operators).

The number of abortion docs is about that too - not many new ones entering the profession.

Now, given the locales of many if not most of these clinics, it's probably the case that far more personnel have died in car crashes or local hold ups than from domestic terrorists. In all 8 cases, the so-called "pro-lifer" wasn't affiliated with any local pro-life group. They may have thought of themselves as pro-life but no one who was a member of the movement - side walk counsellor, crisis pregnancy center alternatives, etc. knew who they were.

So 8 deaths over 40 years in a country with tens of millions of pro-lifers is almost a miracle of non-violence. I'm still checking the numbers but I think the so-called "anti-nuclear war peace movement has more casualties on their necks than the pro-life movement.

At the same time, there have been drive by shootings of pro-lifers who were simply standing on public sidewalks - so it's not like it's been a one-way street.

So the go-to meme of the dangerous pro-lifer is just so out of proportion, so wild-eyed crazy, it's like accusing the Amish of the next suicide bombing. But that's what passes for public discourse these days.

Whenever a man shouting alluah snackbar" shoots up a place we're told by our leaders to not jump to conclusions and then immediately we're told he was a lone wolf who doesn't represent the peaceful religion he invoked. But let someone kill someone within 1 mile of an abortion clinic and it's instantly the collective guilt of every pro-lifer in the country.

View Quote

Well-said and worth quoting.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

RIP to Officer Swassey.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:

RIP to Officer Swassey.

TC

There was some severe purse swinging before JH15 and he dropped off the ARFmap.

I wish he would hang around more
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd just like to remind the Kenyan cocksucker that 2,712 people have been shot so far this year in the gun free, liberal paradise of Chicago.  

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
FoxNews just said the scene is secured, all the devices have been accounted for and neutralized.

Also, I thought I heard the female host ask the mayor if some of the LEO casualties were the result of blue-on-blue...
View Quote

And.........what was the answer?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Short drop with a sudden stop.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mayor kinda sidestepped the question talking about the professionalism and sacrifice of the PD and how they saved may lives.  

No doubt, it's still under investigation and no one will know who shot who for weeks.

Also, just watched CNN and now they're suggesting Dear may have been on a shooting rampage in a parking lot and ended up in the PP bldg trying to get away from the cops.  Doesn't make sense though considering all the extra gear he brought with him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#46]
That guy doesn't look like he'd shoot up a building full of people.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Naw, you can smell the crazy on him from over here.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh.  Jack Nicholson could play him in the movie.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top