Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 grats
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could see how ppl launch the front, but it was actually the bolt catch. I tightened the buffer tube to catch the bolt catch before realizing I had to seat the rear takedown spring under the buffer tube spacer so when I backed off the buffer tube slightly it launched the spring and catch out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good, now go build 10 more.

That's the plan. I thought I had the sickness before.... uh oh...
Congrats on your new sIcKNesS.

I think everybody launches the front detent pin on their first build. I always tell them to order 2 or 3 extra. (there is a tool for that).

I could see how ppl launch the front, but it was actually the bolt catch. I tightened the buffer tube to catch the bolt catch before realizing I had to seat the rear takedown spring under the buffer tube spacer so when I backed off the buffer tube slightly it launched the spring and catch out.

Ooops.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think a lower assembly races would be fun to watch... like those nerds doing Rubik's cubes, except 87 times cooler.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many more will follow............you never do just one

I think a lower assembly races would be fun to watch... like those nerds doing Rubik's cubes, except 87 times cooler.  

That would be cool. It took me about 15 minutes from start to finish, and I took my time lol. I think now I could slap one together in 5, and with practice who knows.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This video is in no way relevant to my thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little safety bad habits grow into big safety bad habits. If everyone started with good habits, I wouldn't have people flagging me with their safeties off. But somehow it still happens, even when they've "been shooting for a decade or more".

They shouldn't be flagging you period. Safety or not.

Focus on the real issue - muzzle discipline. Stop relying on mechanical safeties to allow for an unsafe practice.

Or maybe, just maybe, we could work on doing two safe things at once: not flagging people and keeping the safety on. Both of which are habits that should be started early and maintained constantly.

https://youtu.be/k-rGnMKszxg

IT IS RELEVENT!!!

This video can never, ever, be posted enough. PERIOD!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

IT IS RELEVENT!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little safety bad habits grow into big safety bad habits. If everyone started with good habits, I wouldn't have people flagging me with their safeties off. But somehow it still happens, even when they've "been shooting for a decade or more".

They shouldn't be flagging you period. Safety or not.

Focus on the real issue - muzzle discipline. Stop relying on mechanical safeties to allow for an unsafe practice.

Or maybe, just maybe, we could work on doing two safe things at once: not flagging people and keeping the safety on. Both of which are habits that should be started early and maintained constantly.

https://youtu.be/k-rGnMKszxg

IT IS RELEVENT!!!

Put the crack pipe down, mkay?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That would be cool. It took me about 15 minutes from start to finish, and I took my time lol. I think now I could slap one together in 5, and with practice who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many more will follow............you never do just one

There was a guy that used to sit at the gun shows around here putting them together.... he was crazy fast.  He would probably turn out 15-20 an hour, and never quit bullshitting with his buddies or passers-by the whole time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

IT IS RELEVENT!!!

View Quote

It's not even relevant to the attempted thread hijacking.

I'm pretty sure the gun ol' Tex there was shooting didn't even have an engageable safety.

Again....Muzzle direction, trigger interface.  Period.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Ever sincreasing I've been rolling my own, I've never bought a complete AR from a store.  And that was only once.

I'm now crazy addicted.  Just ordered my first AR10 set.  

To add, I've done 10 lowers but only one upper.  But I have four upper builds being planned and aquiring parts.  Uppers are where the money is.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ever sincreasing I've been rolling my own, I've never bought a complete AR from a store.  And that was only once.

I'm now crazy addicted.  Just ordered my first AR10 set.  

To add, I've done 10 lowers but only one upper.  But I have four upper builds being planned and aquiring parts.  Uppers are where the money is.
View Quote

Man I wish I could afford one of those LaRue Stealth barrels that are on sale right now. I need to build up the other lower I have, and it's going to be a 20 " KISS rifle. Would be sick with that bbl and a Geiselle trigger
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:58:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Seeing another lower come to life makes me happy!

Get to it making a second, damnit!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seeing another lower come to life makes me happy!

Get to it making a second, damnit!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Looks like the beginning to a nice hobby gun. When you decide you want a rifle that's both accurate and reliable then start looking at noveske, larue, and KAC. Don't put your life in jeopardy with a hobby gun. If you haven't spent at least $1500.00 on it then it's not safe.

Oh, and keep that damn safety off. Your mindset is your safety. Just keep your booger hook off the trigger until you're ready to shoot. Safeties just get in the way and provide a false sense of security. Just practice the 4 fundamental rules of firearm safety and the rest takes care of itself.

Lastly, don't believe everything you read on the interwebs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:24:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks like the beginning to a nice hobby gun. When you decide you want a rifle that's both accurate and reliable then start looking at noveske, larue, and KAC. Don't put your life in jeopardy with a hobby gun. If you haven't spent at least $1500.00 on it then it's not safe.

Oh, and keep that damn safety off. Your mindset is your safety. Just keep your booger hook off the trigger until you're ready to shoot. Safeties just get in the way and provide a false sense of security. Just practice the 4 fundamental rules of firearm safety and the rest takes care of itself.

Lastly, don't believe everything you read on the interwebs.
View Quote

Lol well done
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:57:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
is it on safety?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Built my first 3 before I went to Japan. That was 8 years ago. One still needs an upper.
is it on safety?

Shit I dont know. Will check it in the morning when I go to work.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:05:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats, OP!

You now have Black Rifle Disease (BRD).

ETA: And there's no cure known to man!
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Pics in OP
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top