Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 12:42:44 PM EDT
got me to thinking.

Imagine a dozen or so individuals jumping the fence simultaneously.  Would the SS be prepared for that many people coming in hard and fast?  I know they have officers and K-9's patrolling the grounds along with snipers on the roof, but what if those fence jumpers were all wearing suicide vests?

Would a major explosion in the yard derail the contingency plans that the SS boys have in place?  I'm assuming there are plans in place for this type of attack but seriously, just imagine the chaos of a dozen people jumping that fence all at once.  Let alone half of them exploding half way to the White House.

What about a second wave of attackers coming over the fence during the distractions of the first wave blowing up?  What if a dozen explosive drones suddenly breached the airspace with the intent of flying into the White House doors and windows?

I think this type of attack is completely feasible considering the public is allowed to come so close to the perimeter fence.  I've never visited (bucket list), but by watching the news footage on FOX yesterday and today it appears the waist high barrier that the guy jumped and then scaled the 8 foot fence really didn't really slow him down.  FOX was pointing out that all those spikes they put on top of the fence recently didn't really stop the guy.

Ok hive, pick this apart...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard they have little machine gun turrets that pop out of the grass in case of any "code reds".

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you even White House Down ,Bro?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're saying as long as they have some no name city cop on the grounds everything will be ok?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Knock on OP's door in 5, 4, 3....
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless they storm a golf course, zero won't be there....... Or maybe a bath house
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
This is probably not a wise realm for speculation.  'cause many reasons.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

got me to thinking.

Imagine a dozen or so individuals jumping the fence simultaneously.  Would the SS be prepared for that many people coming in hard and fast?  I know they have officers and K-9's patrolling the grounds along with snipers on the roof, but what if those fence jumpers were all wearing suicide vests?

Would a major explosion in the yard derail the contingency plans that the SS boys have in place?  I'm assuming there are plans in place for this type of attack but seriously, just imagine the chaos of a dozen people jumping that fence all at once.  Let alone half of them exploding half way to the White House.

What about a second wave of attackers coming over the fence during the distractions of the first wave blowing up?  What if a dozen explosive drones suddenly breached the airspace with the intent of flying into the White House doors and windows?

I think this type of attack is completely feasible considering the public is allowed to come so close to the perimeter fence.  I've never visited (bucket list), but by watching the news footage on FOX yesterday and today it appears the waist high barrier that the guy jumped and then scaled the 8 foot fence really didn't really slow him down.  FOX was pointing out that all those spikes they put on top of the fence recently didn't really stop the guy.

View Quote
I don't see this thread lasting long, but I'm just going to ask you, do you not think they haven't thought this out thoroughly?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Is OP retarded?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't see this thread lasting long, but I'm just going to ask you, do you not think they haven't thought this out thoroughly?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
got me to thinking.

Did you read the post?  I'm sure they have thought out every probability possible and even more that would be considered impossible.  I posted this because FOX pointed out that the guy yesterday was the 7th incident of someone breaching the perimeter in the last 2 years.  How could they defend against the scenario listed above?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#10]
didn't they do a movie about that a couple of years ago?
I think it just took one guy with a pistol to kill all the bad guys didn't it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is OP retarded?
View Quote

No, I'm not.  Are you?

Wait someone's knocking on the door...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

White House Down.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you're saying as long as they have some no name city cop on the grounds everything will be ok?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mistake . I meant Olympus has Fallen.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Did you read the post?  I'm sure they have thought out every probability possible and even more that would be considered impossible.  I posted this because FOX pointed out that the guy yesterday was the 7th incident of someone breaching the perimeter in the last 2 years.  How could they defend against the scenario listed above?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
got me to thinking.

Well, I'd place my boom cannons up further and place my shock launcher towards the fence more. Level up my mines too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Several suicide bombers blow holes in the wall, the other pour through.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

White House Down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

White House Down.

I've never seen this before.  I had to google it.

Guess I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#19]
What exactly would suicide bombers blowing themself up in the middle of a huge empty lawn do?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Guess I'll check it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

White House Down.

Guess I'll check it out.

Olympus Has Fallen was better. Almost the exact same movie and came out at the exact same time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#21]
One thing I have learned in my short life of 35 years. If you want someone dead badly enough, it will happen. The target being so high profile and highly guarded is what will test the resolve of the perpetrator. Generally speaking neither party is going to come out alive
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#22]
The WH may or may not have contingency plans.

It's the spirit of the officers utilizing those plans (The ROE so to speak) that make them effective.

7 fence jumpers in the last two years does not speak highly of a robust es·prit de corps and coherent ROE no matter what plan is on paper.

Couple that with all the "moral" issues this current SS has had pop up in the news in the last 8 years and I think you have your answer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Has something happened to the friendly working relationship between Obama and ISIS that I don't know about?
Or are you talking about homegrown domestic terrorism?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What exactly would suicide bombers blowing themself up in the middle of a huge empty lawn do?
View Quote

Moral victory.

More likely they would not stop "just on the lawn" though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I would imagine the response we've seen for one guy jumping the fence is quite a bit different from what you would see if several came in together, and I'm sure while a handful of guys have their eyes on the fence jumper, the rest of the perimeter is being watched like a hawk.

ETA:  Why tip your hand for one fence jumper?  Measured response, keep them guessing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the attackers were motivated enough, it would be challenging to stop EVERY threat.   Even with snipers picking off anyone coming through the gates...  a few smoke grenades, a "diversion" on either side of the WH (ie breach one side first, then breach the second focusing  your resources there) would probably allow attackers to get close enough to do some damage to the building - but I don't think suicide bombers on the front lawn could literally carry enough explosive to endanger the people inside?

Anyway - everyone here is saying "of course they've thought of everything, it's what they do!"    

Yet 9/11 happened and we literally had no military planes in the air at the time (two F-16's had to be scrambled IIRC?); and Bengazi happened, plus every other scenario where someone in the .gov fucked up (but shouldn't have).   Trusting the government to have it all figured out is exactly what most people here argue against every single day; so what makes this thought exercise any different?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#28]
That's nothing.  Imagine Al Quaeda buying every seat on a single flight.  Good luck preventing that hijacking.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#29]
How do I get rid of the little green arrow that indicates I read this thread?  
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, Xmas in an orange or red jumpsuit in a 4 x 8 cell.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That's nothing.  Imagine Al Quaeda buying every seat on a single flight.  Good luck preventing that hijacking.
View Quote

Hahahahahaha.

I imagined a whole plane full sitting in their seat while one snack bar set off a suicide vest.......

Would suck for the flight crew, but I would love to see AQ blow up a whole plane full of themselves at 30,000 feet.

Just to be sure, they should infiltrate the flight crew as well as the pilots.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#32]
What if a frog had wings ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hahahahahaha.

I imagined a whole plane full sitting in their seat while one snack bar set off a suicide vest.......

Would suck for the flight crew, but I would love to see AQ blow up a whole plane full of themselves at 30,000 feet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahahahahaha.

72 Virgin Airlines?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]

This thread seems destined to be either locked or deleted.  Why would you speculate about something like this on a public forum?  Also, why would the muslims kill one of their own?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Unless they storm a golf course, zero won't be there....... Or maybe a bath house
View Quote

Or a wookie whore house.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If the attackers were motivated enough, it would be challenging to stop EVERY threat.   Even with snipers picking off anyone coming through the gates...  a few smoke grenades, a "diversion" on either side of the WH (ie breach one side first, then breach the second focusing  your resources there) would probably allow attackers to get close enough to do some damage to the building - but I don't think suicide bombers on the front lawn could literally carry enough explosive to endanger the people inside?

Anyway - everyone here is saying "of course they've thought of everything, it's what they do!"    

Yet 9/11 happened and we literally had no military planes in the air at the time (two F-16's had to be scrambled IIRC?); and Bengazi happened, plus every other scenario where someone in the .gov fucked up (but shouldn't have).   Trusting the government to have it all figured out is exactly what most people here argue against every single day; so what makes this thought exercise any different?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

This thread seems destined to be either locked or deleted.  Why would you speculate about something like this on a public forum?  Also, why would the muslims kill one of their own?
View Quote
Yes, this and oh snap!

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Isn't that how ISIS took Ramadi. Several suicide trucks and cars hit all the checkpoint/bases at once while many gunmen stormed in right afterwards? I don't know if the SS would break and flee like the Iraqi Army did but it sure was effective, and thats not a house. That's a whole city.

But as someone said earlier probably not a great topic to discuss here. With all the FBHO posts and then this, prolly drawing a lot of unneeded attention.

ETA- For any 3 letter agencies watching, I'm a-okay with Obama, we cool bro.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who said anything about Muslims?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well , that did it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
got me to thinking.

AND EVERYONE is forgetting the guy that made it inside the WH not long ago.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The perceptions of strength and defensive measures is the best defensive measure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I think it possible to get inside.  The mentally messed up Vet with the knife proved that.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#44]
He was just delivering a Candy-Gram for Obongo.

IMHO the WH has long out-lived it's usefulness as the POTUS's residence. It should be turned in to a museum, the barricades removed, and the street reopened to traffic.

The POTUS should reside on Mt. Weather, Virginia. It's hardened, secure, and close enough to DC for a POTUS to get there when they need to.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What if a frog had wings ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Then we MIGHT be able to post about it in thE flying venemous creature thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#47]
The logistics of this are a lot harder than you make it sound.

First, you gotta find a dozen people willing to kill themselves for jihad that are off the radar enough to all get to DC in a coordinated, communicated manner...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The logistics of this are a lot harder than you make it sound.

First, you gotta find a dozen people willing to kill themselves for jihad that are off the radar enough to all get to DC in a coordinated, communicated manner...
View Quote

Didn't somebody do that with more than dozen a few years back, took some flight lessons, visited Manhattan? I don't think it would be as hard as you think. Especially where ISIS is concerned, they seem to produce more suicide bombers than Osama ever did.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He was just delivering a Candy-Gram for Obongo.

IMHO the WH has long out-lived it's usefulness as the POTUS's residence. It should be turned in to a museum, the barricades removed, and the street reopened to traffic.

The POTUS should reside on Mt. Weather, Virginia. It's hardened, secure, and close enough to DC for a POTUS to get there when they need to.
View Quote

Why not Camp David? We taxpayers already own it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top