Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Russian planes kept violating their airspace. I don't think it took a genius to figure out where the next one would probably fly.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Idontcare.gif

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Russia. Fuck Turkey. Fuck Putin. Fuck Erdogan. And while I'm tossing out fucks in wholesale quantities, fuck Obama too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an absurd allegation. First and foremost,they had been flying the same flight profile so where they were and what they were doing was no mystery but why would the US have to tell Turkey  anything? Not only could ground based radars in Turkey could see them when they took off but Turkey has AESA equipped 737s that could see a couple hundred miles into Syria from inside Turk airspace. There is 0 doubt in my mind that this was planned and Erdogan was hoping to send a message to Putin to back off of hitting the Turkmen groups.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed. I am just hoping one of the many posters who utilize this broken method of logic can explain it to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD's cognitive dissonance, an example;

-Taqiyya means that no Muslims can be trusted to tell the truth.
-The theological content of Islam means that all Muslims are the enemy.

And yet...

-Turkey is our ally and must be defended.
-The Turks were invaded and simply defending their airspace, we know this because they told us so.

Turks lie.
Russians lie.  

turks and Russians have been hostile over their border for eons.  Nothing new here.  Just a hotter phase right now.  

Personally I could give two ###$% for either of them.

Agreed. I am just hoping one of the many posters who utilize this broken method of logic can explain it to me.

habit!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's an absurd allegation. First and foremost,they had been flying the same flight profile so where they were and what they were doing was no mystery but why would the US have to tell Turkey  anything? Not only could ground based radars in Turkey could see them when they took off but Turkey has AESA equipped 737s that could see a couple hundred miles into Syria from inside Turk airspace. There is 0 doubt in my mind that this was planned and Erdogan was hoping to send a message to Putin to back off of hitting the Turkmen groups.

View Quote

Exactly. I think we need to keep in mind that the implications of statements like this are not so much related to the truth of the events, but rather what is Putin telling his people and why? Same for the Turks.

For all you guys saying that nobody should be shocked that the Turks are defending their airspace -- it's more a question of "why now"? They have been violating Greek airspace for ages and the Russians have been doing it to them for months. Technically justified? Sure. But there's more to it than that.

The shitty thing about all this is that we are stuck in the middle of two colliding assholes, due to NATO and Obama's random support of "moderate" groups in Syria, whom Putin is gleefully bombing. Putin knows this and is using this statement to let us know he knows it and to gain more anti-American points with his people.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But I don't want WW III to rain upon us.  This time those bodies of water are not a safety barrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't care

But I don't want WW III to rain upon us.  This time those bodies of water are not a safety barrier.

Don't worry, Obama would surrender. He'd be too worried about the environmental impact of defending the country.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gonna suck if the reply is in the form of some S-400 missiles downing a Turk aircraft.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How dare they fly over a tiny sliver of terrorist infested wasteland. That copilot deserved death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally somebody has the balls to stand up to Putin.  Don't want your planes shot down stay out of NATO airspace.

How dare they fly over a tiny sliver of terrorist infested wasteland. That copilot deserved death.

That tiny sliver of land is owned by a state sponsor of terrorism.

Never in my lifetime did I ever think I'd support anything Russia did. But Russia is doing the right thing in fighting ISIS. Fuck Turkey. And fuck Russsia. But fuck Turkey more. I want Russia to do some serious damage to ISIS and if that involves getting the world's attention by trying to discredit Turkey I don't have a problem with it. Obama is spineless so he has nothing to lose by blaming the US.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't know about anyone else but I am pulling for Russia to help Assad win and defeat the FSA and ISIS.

I want Assad to rule with an Iron Fist.

Russians and Assad are assholes, but with a power vacuum if Assad is eliminated, and the POTUS we have now.

There is no plan for a government in Syria if Assad falls.  Look at the mess I Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia when leaders were eliminated.  

I swear Obama is pushing for a massive Radical Muslim takeover of the reigon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe it was a planned shoot down.

Sure. As a result of a planned incursion.

I don't know about anyone else but I am pulling for Russia to help Assad win and defeat the FSA and ISIS.

Russians and Assad are assholes, but with a power vacuum if Assad is eliminated, and the POTUS we have now.

There is no plan for a government in Syria if Assad falls.  Look at the mess I Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia when leaders were eliminated.  

His anti-colonialist agenda.
Bloodier than any colonial rule and economically devestating.....for the average bear.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
The Russian's are not letting this one go.

Commander Bondarev also mentioned the memorandum of understanding
regarding the campaign in Syria, signed by Moscow and Washington on
October 26. In accordance with this agreement, the Russian side informed
its American counterparts about the mission of the two bombers in the
north of Syria on November 24, including the zones and heights of
operation.

Taking this into account, the Turkish authorities' statement on not
knowing which aircraft were operating in the area raises eyebrows,
Bondarev said.

https://www.rt.com/news/323651-turkey-su24-downing-syria/

Russia is suspending its visa-free regime with Turkey from
January 1, 2016, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said. The announcement
comes in response to the downing of a Russian warplane by the Turkish
Air Force earlier this week.

"We have decided to suspend the visa-free regime between Russia and Turkey. This decision will come into force on January 1,” Lavrov said on Thursday, after a meeting in Moscow with his Syrian counterpart Walid Muallem.

Lavrov also called the suspension of visa-free travel between Russia and Turkey "not an empty threat but a real warning.”

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Then why does Turkey claim they didn't know the plane was Russian?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am pretty sure that Turkey knew where the plane was.

Yep, especially since Russian jets were squawking ID and Turkish ground control scrambled 6 F-16's when the Russians left their base which is 30 miles from the border.

Then why does Turkey claim they didn't know the plane was Russian?

Because both Syria and Russia have been flying Su-24's for some reason.

Russia flew a little expeditionary air force down there composed mostly of modern fighters, with some Su-25 CAS aircraft (their answer to the A-10) as well.

Why are they flying the out-dated Su-24 with US hand held GPS devices mounted in shoddily constructed wooden mounts in the Su-24 over the Turkish border on a regular basis, where the Turks have been shooting down Syrian planes over several incidents now?

It makes no sense, unless you're trying to get a plane shot down by the Turks and acting like a victim, with the support of disinformation by the SVR's Russia Today "news" front, which was commissioned by Putin when he took over.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never in my lifetime did I ever think I'd support anything Russia did. But Russia is doing the right thing in fighting ISIS. Fuck Turkey. And fuck Russsia. But fuck Turkey more. I want Russia to do some serious damage to ISIS and if that involves getting the world's attention by trying to discredit Turkey I don't have a problem with it. Obama is spineless so he has nothing to lose by blaming the US.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally somebody has the balls to stand up to Putin.  Don't want your planes shot down stay out of NATO airspace.

I know ARFcom loves the fantasy of the lax Russian ROE gloves-off fight against ISIS that we don't have the stomach for, but the fact is that they're not fighting ISIS.

And feel how you want about Turkey (and I might agree with you) but due to NATO we're tied to them, and Putin knows that were uncomfortable about it. He's probably reveling in the chance to drive a wedge of discord into NATO, especially right where it cramps his Med access. That's the only reason Turkey is in NATO.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We have evidence we did no such thing, Exhibit A - Obama's balls or lack there of.
View Quote

You can't prove a negative, but in this case
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD's cognitive dissonance, an example;

-Taqiyya means that no Muslims can be trusted to tell the truth.
-The theological content of Islam means that all Muslims are the enemy.

And yet...

-Turkey is our ally and must be defended.
-The Turks were invaded and simply defending their airspace, we know this because they told us so.

Turks lie.
Russians lie.  

turks and Russians have been hostile over their border for eons.  Nothing new here.  Just a hotter phase right now.  

Personally I could give two ###$% for either of them.

Mental hierarchy in order of bad to good:

Russia/COMMIES!!!
Bad terrists (ISIS /alqueda)
Good terrists (the elusive moderate Syrians)
Muslim allies
Israel
US military heroes

Use that easy worksheet to decide who to root for in response to a news article title. Always root for the one lowest on the list.

Russia vs ISIS = root for ISIS
Russia vs turkey = root for turkey
Israel vs turkey = root for Israel
USA vs FSA = root for USA
Russia vs FSA = root for FSA

It always works.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Somebody needs to send him a copy of:

Gary Moore
Murder In The Sky
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
National borders and sovereignty actually are serious matters to some countries.  Not the U.S., maybe but still.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if it's a shitty little worthless protrusion of territory, it's still their airspace. Why not just fly around it?
National borders and sovereignty actually are serious matters to some countries.  Not the U.S., maybe but still.  

The Turks havent given much of a shit about thier borders when its IS dancing back and forth across it
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't care

Bingo
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm ok with Assad running things but I want it to go on a little longer and fix a few of everyone else's problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe it was a planned shoot down.

Sure. As a result of a planned incursion.

I'm ok with Assad running things but I want it to go on a little longer and fix a few of everyone else's problems.

The longer it goes on, the more dangerous it becomes.  Assad ruling Syria is the balance of power between Shia and Sunni Muslims. If Assad goes, it will turn Syria into a Sunni state with alignment to the major Sunni countries, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Jordan and Egypt.

That will leave Iran, the last major Shia country left in that region isolated, and in fear, while they develop nuclear weapons.  Keep in mind, when Muslim have not be slaughtering Christians, they've historically been slaughtering each other.

The other nuclear concern is Turkey which has NATO nukes in their country. Turkey sees these nukes as leverage to engage NATO to their cause.  NATO, really US in this case, needs to remove those nuclear weapons pronto.

So you have to ask yourself, why in the f&*k would Obama, Hillary, and Kerry support overthrowing Assad so much?  It's quite clear that a destabilized Syria is much more dangerous and a Syria ruled by Assad.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Need to reset the reset button.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top