Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What's so surprising about that?

I've never spent more than $550 on a firearm, and that was a build that I bought piece by piece as I got the money.  My budget for firearms has always been small.  I mostly own milsurp bolt-action rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dad wants to finally get an AR but neither of us is sure what's the best within his price range. I've never owned an AR myself. He's looking for a 14.5" barrel with pinned and welded flash suppressor to bring it to 16", M-4 profile 1:7 twist, carry handle, B5 SOPMOD stock, no rails, standard short handguard. What's out there that is decent quality for around $1,000, maybe a bit more, at the top end.

What

I've never spent more than $550 on a firearm, and that was a build that I bought piece by piece as I got the money.  My budget for firearms has always been small.  I mostly own milsurp bolt-action rifles.

We're on AR15.com....

If I was on bodybuiding.com and never worked out, people would wonder why.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Spike's Tactical.
View Quote

This would be last on my list......Colt, BCM, PSA premium and be done with it!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We're on AR15.com....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dad wants to finally get an AR but neither of us is sure what's the best within his price range. I've never owned an AR myself. He's looking for a 14.5" barrel with pinned and welded flash suppressor to bring it to 16", M-4 profile 1:7 twist, carry handle, B5 SOPMOD stock, no rails, standard short handguard. What's out there that is decent quality for around $1,000, maybe a bit more, at the top end.

What

We're on AR15.com....

I came here due to an interest in ARs, I just never could afford one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We're on AR15.com....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What

We're on AR15.com....

I'm there for the sloots
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What

We're on AR15.com....

The great thing about the AR is it can be built a littlest a time and as your budget allows?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The great thing about the AR is it can be built a littlest a time and as your budget allows?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What

We're on AR15.com....

I didn't think it could be done this cheaply.  I bought parts for my $550 FAL build over a period of a few months to spread out costs.  2016 will probably be the year I finally get an AR.  I've held out long enough, I suppose.  Same for video games (I just got my first console ever; it's an Atari 2600).
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What

We're on AR15.com....

They come in pieces

Lower receiver
Upper receiver
Barrel with gas tube and gas block
Handguard
Stocks
Buffer assembly
Trigger
Lower parts kit
Bolt carrier group
And a few misc parts.

Each one of those you can get for between $50 and $200. One piece at a time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top