Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 1:49:17 PM EDT
Earlier this year my 12yo daughter dusted off the old original Xbox in the basement and discovered the Halo franchise. We have been playing it and having such tremendous fun that Santa is going to bring us a Xbox One Elite, the Halo Masterchief Collection and Halo 5 for Christmas. I imagine that at least Forza 6 and Destiny will be under the tree as well. He is just looking for the best deal on one. GameStop will have them for $450 on Friday. What other deals have people being seeing?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm trying so desperately hard not to buy an Xbox One to replace my 360. Halo and Fallout 4 prevent me from holding out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought an Xbox One with Fallout 4 and Forza 6.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Microsoft Store. Dunno if the elite is on sale.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine from Toys R Us. Got the 1TB XBox One along with multiple games programmed in and Halo 5 for $399 plus tax.

ETA: just saw you want the Elite. Mine isn't.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
HALO 5 has no split screen co op.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Microsoft Store. Dunno if the elite is on sale.
View Quote

Xbox One Elite bundle

Sold out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
The price is dropping soon.  I believe the entry level model will be $299.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a new pc while in the market for a new console.

Holy shit the games are so much better for pc.

More add-ons and community things, higher player counts, I'm not sure I'll actually buy a console now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The price is dropping soon.  I believe the entry level model will be $299.
View Quote

sounds right I heard something to that effect
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe Gamestop has them for $449
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Target has the basic model with a game for 299 but you also get a 50 dollar gift card.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Xtag
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I can get one in Canada for $375US.

Xbox One Elite at Best Buy Canada

Trying to otherwise justify a trip up there....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Earlier this year my 12yo daughter dusted off the old original Xbox in the basement and discovered the Halo franchise. We have been playing it and having such tremendous fun that Santa is going to bring us a Xbox One Elite, the Halo Masterchief Collection and Halo 5 for Christmas. I imagine that at least Forza 6 and Destiny will be under the tree as well. He is just looking for the best deal on one. GameStop will have them for $450 on Friday. What other deals have people being seeing?
View Quote

Both Microsoft store and GameStop are doing exclusive xbone elite for $449.

Got mine yesterday. Girl at my store is awesome, told me just come back some time during weekend and we'll refund you the difference of fifty bucks.

Got it home, was able to get all downloads going (swapped out my day one) and not worry one bit about having to beat the crowds to get one. (And I'll still end up with it at the weekend price)

Sorry. I'll stop gloating now. Good luck locating one, OP. I think GameStop is your best bet.

E.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Differences between the Basic & Elite?  I know nothing about them but my kid wants one.  Which one to get?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Differences between the Basic & Elite?  I know nothing about them but my kid wants one.  Which one to get?
View Quote

Elite has a solid state hybrid drive that offers quicker performance. Probably not absolutely necessary, but what the heck, I want to future-proof my purchase as much as possible. We have had our original Xbox for 14 years now.

Otherwise, depending on what games he wants, a 1TB bundle is likely the best value.

One site I just came across that compiles Xbox One deals: http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/26/xbox-one-black-friday-deals-2015-7/
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

1 TB SSD and the Elite controller which costs 150 bucks on it's own. The controller itself is pretty awesome with 4 user configurable paddle buttons, interchangeable d-pad, interchangeable control sticks, and adjustable trigger pulls.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Call a local Microsoft Store and see if they have any in stock.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations/all-locations
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

1 TB SSD and the Elite controller which costs 150 bucks on it's own. The controller itself is pretty awesome with 4 user configurable paddle buttons, interchangeable d-pad, interchangeable control sticks, and adjustable trigger pulls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is *not* a 1TB SSD, it is a hybrid drive. Google it if you don't understand the tech, but 3rd party tests so far have shown a negligible speed improvement.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Just ordered the Fallout 4 bundle with an extra controller and a few other extras. $50 off, one free game, $60 Microsoft Store credit and free shipping.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just ordered the Fallout 4 bundle with an extra controller and a few other extras. $50 off, one free game, $60 Microsoft Store credit and free shipping.  
View Quote

thanks for the helpful link
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, please
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This, please
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, please

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Fallout-4-Bundle/productID.325921100
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, please

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Fallout-4-Bundle/productID.325921100

What free games are they giving out?

With the $60 store credit, that's basically 2 free games right?

Plus fallout 4 for $350 free shipping.

Am I having a stroke?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What free games are they giving out?

With the $60 store credit, that's basically 2 free games right?

Plus fallout 4 for $350 free shipping.

Am I having a stroke?
View Quote

Free game is: Assassin's Creed Unity, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay.

But for the $60 credit you should be able to use it on anything from the Microsoft Store.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry I didn't post the link,

The free games are limited to a selection of 4, Assassin's Creed, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, and Rare Replay.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm trying so desperately hard not to buy an Xbox One to replace my 360.
View Quote

Same here.  I actually made up my mind to get the deal from Dell.com last night.  

However this morning, I thought it over and realized that I didn't need to spend the cash on something that I will barely use.  

But, that was after I already bought Forza 6 for Xbox One  I guess it will sit on the shelf until I find an XBONE next year sometime...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Same here.  I actually made up my mind to get the deal from Dell.com last night.  

However this morning, I thought it over and realized that I didn't need to spend the cash on something that I will barely use.  

But, that was after I already bought Forza 6 for Xbox One  I guess it will sit on the shelf until I find an XBONE next year sometime...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm trying so desperately hard not to buy an Xbox One to replace my 360.

i'm in the same boat. I go through phases with my 360, I will fire it up every night for a few months, then,  I will let it gather dust for months at a time. My launch 360 still works! I bought another one when they were $99 with in store rebate at Walmart a few years back and ended up giving my launch system to a good friend of mine.

Only reason I did not jump on the Xbone is because of Skyrim. I have not finished it yet. As soon as they announce backwards compatibility for that one I will get one if I have not already done so by then.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Went ahead and bought a console from GameStop for $449+tax. If I see a substantially better deal I can return it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Microsoft is running Xbox one deals with every configuration and a variety of different game bundles on their website for cyber Monday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top