BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but I always have a gun within immediate reach, as in less than 3ft
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Home invasions are very common here in Vegas.  So, yeah, always armed.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm out in the country, so home invasions aren't a big concern for me. But, guns are always close by, and loaded. If I'm in the pasture or barn, I've got a pistol on.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And you have a greater chance of a meteor landing on you, than having your home invaded, or being killed in a terrorist attack. If you just like to wear your gun then say so, but if you really are afraid of having your home invaded at any time, you need to fucking move out of Liberia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
100% of home invasions happen at home.

Always have a pistol near by as long we arent all drinking or there are children over. Then its on my person.

And you have a greater chance of a meteor landing on you, than having your home invaded, or being killed in a terrorist attack. If you just like to wear your gun then say so, but if you really are afraid of having your home invaded at any time, you need to fucking move out of Liberia.

I'm gonna put mine on now just to spite this dumbassery.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I have pants on, I'm carrying.
View Quote

this x87

And when I go to my SIL for the family dinner tonight, I will be strapped as usual..

I even have a few fire extinguishers around also...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I never carried a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have read posts where people say if they are wearing pants they have a holster and handgun on their hip

but even inside your home ?

I keep a couple of guns loaded inside my home but never even thought to carry one while inside my home.

What do you do with your carry gun when you get home?

I never carried a gun.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes unfortunately some of us do jobs that 95% of GD'ers (and the general dipshit population of society) hate...therefore we must always be ready just incase some shit stain decides "act a fool" homie.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always have a pistol near by as long we arent all drinking or there are children over. Then its on my person.

Are you high? Seriously, just say if you are.

Or do you honestly believe that more people are hit my meteors than have their homes invaded or are killed by terrorists? Because if you do then I feel sorry for you and hope you don't have any children you are teaching that nonsense to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
All I'm wearing right now is a shoulder rig and boxer briefs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No, but I have a number in reach. And if there is an unexpected knock on the door (we live a little off the beaten path), there's one on me.
View Quote

Bingo. I live in a somewhat rough neighborhood though
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 - 10 meteor strikes per year worldwide.
Over 8,000 home invasions per year in the United States.

You are full of shit, and if you're going to make bold claims about the likelihood of something happening, get your friends at DU to find some "facts".

If you like living your life with your head up your ass in the sand, you can keep living your life with your head up your ass in the sand.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I just carry one rather than leaving loaded guns all over the house assuming I'll be near one when I need it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most of the time.

When I'm not, it's very close by.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn right I do, 90% of the time I wear shoes in the house ,and always a knife in my pocket too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Not at all.  But my home is sort of designed to make it very difficult to get in before I would have you staring down the barrel of a glock.  There is no door to "kick in" or no window to "smash out".  You would literally be shot 17 times before you got your second foot inside my house.

Now if I have the doors wide open?  Likely.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Yessir. Every day, even when I'm drinking. My pistol stays in its holster either way unless there's trouble.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quiet son, men are speaking.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#20]
When I get dressed, I put my gun on. What, I should put it on and take it off all day as I come and go?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's not that weird, really.

If I have pants on, I have a holster on, if I have a holster on, there's a pistol in it.

I also carry a wallet at home, when my pants are on, almost never need that either!
View Quote

Oh I didn't say I think it's weird

I just recently started carrying a gun when I leave my home but most times I still forget to grab it.

I'm not new to guns at all and own many . I keep one in my bedroom and one down stairs in my basement loaded .
Maybe it's just living in a small town where I never think of a home invasion happening .
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I wear gym shorts at home 99% of the time, so I sling an AR.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah I carry my 19 around the house.

And I have a condition 1 AR within arms rear wherever.

I didn't buy them to lock them up in a safe when I'm home.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm out in the country, so home invasions aren't a big concern for me. But, guns are always close by, and loaded. If I'm in the pasture or barn, I've got a pistol on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]
More than anything I'm shocked at the number of people that wear pants when they're home. Fuck all that noise.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I never carried a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have read posts where people say if they are wearing pants they have a holster and handgun on their hip
but even inside your home ?
I keep a couple of guns loaded inside my home but never even thought to carry one while inside my home.

What do you do with your carry gun when you get home?

I never carried a gun.

Why does this not surprise me?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#28]
No I don't.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I have when I do domestic choirs sometimes.
I think the wife gets kind of excited too.
Maybe its the leather chaps though..
"I wanna be a cowboy Ba-by!!"  
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, always.

If a home invasion catches you really off guard the chances of getting to another gun you have stashed is slim. I have responded to several calls of home invasions and the victims had guns in the house and could not get to them if they wanted to
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Not if I'm dressed in sweats or something like that. But when I come home and have my carry guns on me, they stay on me until I get changed.

When I don't have one on me, there's at least one where I can get to it in a second or two.

Many stories about home invasions happening while the person is home. The whole point of carrying a gun is to be prepared, right? Why not be prepared in the home as well as outside it?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#32]
All day long, son.
Why wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If I have pants on, I'm carrying.
View Quote

Not me...I carry even when threat condition commando!

Your gun is digging into my hip......

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Think of it this way.  You have the right to own a gun and you do.  You don't keep it on you.  The door bursts open and you are invaded.  You suffer the results of the invasion as do the rest of your family.  Some of the results are too terrifying to discuss here.  You have to live with yourself for not be prepared as you should have been.

I have been called paranoid more than once by people who ask if I carry 24/7.  I say, "Not paranoid, but prepared."  The sheep often still don't catch on.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe it's just living in a small town where I never think of a home invasion happening .
View Quote

So do I, but I'm prepared anyway. Don't make the mistake of thinking it won't happen just because of where you live. Reading about incidents in the news should convince you that shit can happen anywhere.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, though some of the time it's just nearby.  I live in a very small apt on the second floor, so pretty much everywhere is "nearby."
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#37]
100% of home invasions occur inside the home.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I just recently started carrying a gun when I leave my home but most times I still forget to grab it.

I'm not new to guns at all and own many . I keep one in my bedroom and one down stairs in my basement loaded .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I have pants on, I have a holster on, if I have a holster on, there's a pistol in it.

I also carry a wallet at home, when my pants are on, almost never need that either!

Want to be enlightened.  Go onto a crime mapping program or website, like alerted.com, enter your zip code and see how your neighborhood stacks up.  

I live in the 2nd highest median income zip code in Las Vegas, a nice area.  It is shocking home many houses are getting hit in this area.  Not my specific neighborhood, but close enough.  

It would be foolish not to be armed here.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Why wouldn't I?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#40]
My pants fit better with a gun in the waistband.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#1: your probability calculations above are fucky.

#2:  a man can do as he pleases in his home, without a nattering ninny like you feeling you have the prerogative to scold him for his personal defense choices.

#3:  mind your own fucking business.  do as you please in your home, & allow him to do as he pleases in his.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#43]
What's the point of buying a gun and learning how to use it if you don't keep it on you ready to use?  While self-defense situations are rare, when they come they often don't allow much time to shift your mindset and go get equipped.  Better to be ready to go in the moment should it ever come.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I usually keep an AR hidden in the living room and a pistol on the drawer of one of our end tables. I am wanting to keep an AR by the front door but haven't figured out how to keep it out of sight that close to the door.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Decepticons man....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No, almost never in fact.

But I nearly always have one nearby.
View Quote

Exactly this.  I have them close by and ready, though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to live in a small, wealthy town with virtually no crime. Got a ring one night at 11, some methed out lady asking to use my bathroom. Obviously I sent her on her way, but getting her off my property turned out to be a challenge. Long story short, when the cops came they found 2 guns on her.

At no point did I feel I was in danger, but I actually was the whole time. I had my LCP on me, but I doubt I would have fetched a gun if I hadn't. Anyway, you never know when you'll need it.

Also OP, the reason you often forget to carry is because you haven't made a habit of carrying all the time. Not carrying at home but only when you leave is enough of a pain in the ass to keep it from being habitualized.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#49]
No but I have a shit ton of them laying around the house.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Why the fuck do you care what other people do in their own home that has absolute shit to do with you and your life?  Who the fuck cars if someone is afraid of a home invasion and carry in their own fucking house? Get a fucking life and get off this forum if that's the shit you have to contribute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

**derptastic barely literate '13er derp redacted**

Why the fuck do you care what other people do in their own home that has absolute shit to do with you and your life?  Who the fuck cars if someone is afraid of a home invasion and carry in their own fucking house? Get a fucking life and get off this forum if that's the shit you have to contribute.

++.

this exactly.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top