BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those are worse days than the actual holiday, because NOBODY wants to be in the hospital on the holiday.  Instead, they put off their ER visit until they next day, by which point their CHF/Pneumonia/cellulitis/Chest-Pain/Toothache/Back-pain is even WORSE.

Most people only come to the hospital on Thanksgiving/Christmas day if they're literally dying.  

The weekend after is always worse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not Me!!!!!!

But, I have Frday, Saturday, and Sunday

BTW, bet you do too. Bet they have headaches, toothaches, and kidney stones

Those are worse days than the actual holiday, because NOBODY wants to be in the hospital on the holiday.  Instead, they put off their ER visit until they next day, by which point their CHF/Pneumonia/cellulitis/Chest-Pain/Toothache/Back-pain is even WORSE.

Most people only come to the hospital on Thanksgiving/Christmas day if they're literally dying.  

The weekend after is always worse.

I wish I could argue that logic, but 30 years of this tells me that you sir are correct.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
off thankfully.  But on Christmas eve on the engine.  go turkey fryers go!  

stay safe bros and sisess
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Paramedic in the ER till 1900...

The local nursing homes are already starting with there bullshit..

and a bunch of kidney stones
View Quote

Worthless ass "nurses" don't want to lift a finger on a holiday.  Shocker.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bet I'll see 6 meth heads before noon.
View Quote

Glad I don't do that anymore....

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Three drunk fights since 0100.....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Bossing the engine until 1900, then riding the medic wagon til 0700.  Just in time for grandma to let go after seeing the family one more time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bossing the engine until 1900, then riding the medic wagon til 0700.  Just in time for grandma to let go after seeing the family one more time.
View Quote

Ugh, 87 year old granny with a diaper full of thanksgiving shit. Fuck, that's a mental image I didn't need.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the "assisted living" joints around here keep only 1 RN on staff and maybe an LPN as a Med nurse, the rest are assistants and such and are always understaffed on the holidays = hey lets send the pain in the assess to the ED so we wont have so much to do.. SMH
Lets send a 90 yr old  DNR Hospice pt to the hospital because they aren't acting right. Fuckassess.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you work in an ER or an ambulance?
View Quote

Years ago. Jackson ER
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Off today!

*dances*

*drinks more beer*

View Quote

Lights cigar

Makes Apple Cider Old-fashioned
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Most of the "assisted living" joints around here keep only 1 RN on staff and maybe an LPN as a Med nurse, the rest are assistants and such and are always understaffed on the holidays = hey lets send the pain in the assess to the ED so we wont have so much to do.. SMH
Lets send a 90 yr old  DNR Hospice pt to the hospital because they aren't acting right. Fuckassess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it starts 10 min after shift change at 0700.
I usually give the staff followed by on those.  If they give the slightest bit of lip or bullshit I get loud and turn into EMT Asshole, happens every holiday.  It usually doest accomplish anything, but I feel better telling them how fucking retarded they are to their fucked up faces when they know I'm right, and I'm just a Basic.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Driving the pumper today... so far only an oven fire that turned out to just be an arcing element. Hope that's all we do today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I was suppose to be on the rig today but I have family in town so I switched out with somebody. My partner is pissed.

Gonna drop by the station and say Hello later.
View Quote
You better bring a box of coffee or a few pies.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]
DKA , lonely granny who coupdnt make it to the car but locked her whole house and watered her plants before we got there, DOA called the son and told him father was dead.    All in 4 Hours.    And its my birthday
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was suppose to be on the rig today but I have family in town so I switched out with somebody. My partner is pissed.

Gonna drop by the station and say Hello later.
my partner did too
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm off today. I worked Tuesday night 7-7. I saw like three patients from 1amt to 7am. All of them were problems the patient had for over a month. My door to doctor time was less than a minute lol. I figured it would be like that though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Off today, start my swing tomorrow. Stay safe and hope your reliefs show up early.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
may the stench of a thousand homeless follow whoever mentioned turkey shits. just got my first that weighed 250 plus and he managed to smear turkey shit all the way to his shoulder blades.   managed to get a slight peanut butter contact on my fore arm as I lifted him by myself because the girl Im working with cant lift
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Deployed ER night shift.

Tonight should be fun.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Off today but the ED was stupid last night. I can only imagine the horde that comes in tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I was gonna whine about the cold and cough that my bond customer had this morning but after reading about the turkey shit covered homeless guy one of you had to deal with, I'll just back out of this thread slowly and thank you for doing what you do.

I'm done here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Six meth heads in Florida, no way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Working 24 hours on the truck today. Already had a guy call in for chest pain then call back saying he would blast the first one through the door. Needless to say he was brought out at gun point!! lol I have Friday and first half Saturday off for Duck season so that's what I'm looking forward to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You fool!  NEVER utter the "Q-word!"  

Unspeakable evils will now befall you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got off at 0700.  I work security at a level 2 trauma center.  There was almost nothing last night.  One verbally combative pysch case that I got called to.  I talked that one down and  got the patient to listen to the staff.

Medical side had a couple critical medical patients, but nothing to bad.  All in all one of the quietest nights since I started working there.

You fool!  NEVER utter the "Q-word!"  

Unspeakable evils will now befall you.  
Even i know not to use that word.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#26]
God, I hope not. That would involve getting hurt on the job and ending up in an ambulance and/or ER!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Had a double shooting this AM, just got done with a pistol whipping. Wouldn't be so bad if the hot ER nurses were working instead of the unattractive ones....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I finally have a thanksgiving off. I will not miss all the BS that thanksgiving brings to my ER. To all of you working, a good day to be thankful we have jobs and be safe.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Wife just left for her shift in the ER. We are going out BF shopping when she gets home at 3am.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, first one job then the other. So get both?

I'm also working Christmas and New Years. Happy day!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Being a volunteer EMT means I work when the fuck I wanna work.

Today ain't one of those days!

I did work a mva last night though
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Spent 30 years on the LE side of the house, walked a mile in those shoes...now retired.  So, God Bless you guys and gals that are still out there working holidays for us.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Acting Captain on the pump.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top