BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We talked about that and I was fine with spending three hours there. It was last night when she decided she wanted to stay longer. Like I said, I have no issues being around her family for short amounts of time but a while is hard.They all fight and no one gets a long. It usually has my fiance and I arguing due to something that happened there after we leave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not compromise?

Talk to her and suggest that you spend an hour or two with her family so she can see the people she only sees once or twice a year then (with or without her)  go spend the rest of the evening with your family.

We talked about that and I was fine with spending three hours there. It was last night when she decided she wanted to stay longer. Like I said, I have no issues being around her family for short amounts of time but a while is hard.They all fight and no one gets a long. It usually has my fiance and I arguing due to something that happened there after we leave.

So do you actually think you are going to do this every holiday for the whole time you are married?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
IBOPGSWEN

In before OP gets served with ejection notice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My best friend of 35 years is dying in the ICU and probably won't live to see sunset today...does that count?

I hear the cafeteria at the hospital is serving turkey and dressing today, that's where we'll be eating.

Dear God, I can't believe I just shared that with the entire forum. If anyone got some spare prayers they could share this morning, he could sure use them now.

View Quote

Prayers sent, brother
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wonder why she's upset. You can't keep your mouth shut and just go?
View Quote

His girl should eject.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rough So Far. Wife Been Up Sick All Night
View Quote

I hear ya.  We're both sick here.

I was up for three hours coughing.  Just got out of bed and have a 1.5 hour drive ahead of me.

Wife isn't going, but is still up cooking food (for MY family).  Bless her heart. Told her I would do it, but she insisted.

Just called Mom and told her me and my boy were heading up when we got ready.  She was happy to hear that.

Haven't missed a Thanksgiving in decades.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do it and shut up
View Quote

And op, this! Go with her, then disappear onto the back deck with a drink.   If she asks why, you have gas... I've survived a few outings that way...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Add one more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My best friend of 35 years is dying in the ICU and probably won't live to see sunset today...does that count?

I hear the cafeteria at the hospital is serving turkey and dressing today, that's where we'll be eating.

Dear God, I can't believe I just shared that with the entire forum. If anyone got some spare prayers they could share this morning, he could sure use them now.

Prayers are on the way...

Indeed they are.

Add one more.

Moar prayers!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My day is already starting off on a bad foot. My family will be in town all day and my fiance will be with us for lunch. Here is the issue, she is going to her massive and fucked up family's supper tonight. Ive already bailed and stated that I will not be going with her. I couldnt give two shits about her family but yet she still wants me to go. All this creates a mixture of a pissed off/ upset fiance.

How is everyone's Thanksgiving going?
View Quote

Looks like  am seeing a beautifully romantic evening in the making for someone..

But not you!!......................
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice way to spend Thanksgiving.

However, your stand is pretty well wide out in the open there buddy.  Maybe pull it back into the treeline, can't tell what's behind you but you appear to be pretty highly silhouetted.

Good luck, I ended my season with a smallish six pointer last week (only deer in range of my bow all season long).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well this is my view, so I'm good

<a href="http://s957.photobucket.com/user/762RUM/media/7289FB13-EF57-4F69-B077-CF6ECD9F38F6_zpsxggrmale.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae52/762RUM/7289FB13-EF57-4F69-B077-CF6ECD9F38F6_zpsxggrmale.jpg</a>

Trying to catch a buck coming in from the fields, it's not working so far

Pale_Pony sorry to here about your friend

Nice way to spend Thanksgiving.

However, your stand is pretty well wide out in the open there buddy.  Maybe pull it back into the treeline, can't tell what's behind you but you appear to be pretty highly silhouetted.

Good luck, I ended my season with a smallish six pointer last week (only deer in range of my bow all season long).

They've been there for 20 some odd years, they work fine
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep
Suck it up and go. And be nice. They're going to be a part of your life once you marry her.
We can't always pick family but we can learn to tolerate them for a few short hours occassially.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My day is already starting off on a bad foot. My family will be in town all day and my fiance will be with us for lunch. Here is the issue, she is going to her massive and fucked up family's supper tonight. Ive already bailed and stated that I will not be going with her. I couldnt give two shits about her family but yet she still wants me to go. All this creates a mixture of a pissed off/ upset fiance.

View Quote

You "couldn't give two shits about her family"?   Wow.

Great way to start a marriage.  No wonder she's pissed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Haven't gotten out of bed yet.
View Quote

Now sitting on the patio smoking a cigar
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Already got uninvited from a camping trip I was looking forward to with friends, so about par for the course.

At least I get to have some beer today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#14]
going to her fathers house early to help get thing ready for thanksgiving, my wife backed into my car trailer crushing the quarter panel in on her car.... what are mirrors for?...oh that right she hit the Van and knocked her passenger side mirror off yesterday. I have been parking that van and trailer in the same spot for 20 years and she will hit it at least twice a year.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got up, eating gummy bears.......not bad
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Support her ass and go. Give her one person she wants to be around to get through the oeople she doesnt want to be around.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#17]
well me and my roommate have been drinking irish coffee's since 9 and we're headed over to my mom's place to help cook, 3 great cooks all doing their thing, awesome menu planned, close family and good friends coming over. I think it's going damn well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That is exactly what I do when I am around her family. I do not have a issue being around some of them for a short time but she is planning on being there for hours. Id prefer to take that time and spend it with my family, people I would enjoy being around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly what I do when I am around her family. I do not have a issue being around some of them for a short time but she is planning on being there for hours. Id prefer to take that time and spend it with my family, people I would enjoy being around.

Well, you're obviously not selfish and/or a douche.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well this is my view, so I'm good

<a href="http://s957.photobucket.com/user/762RUM/media/7289FB13-EF57-4F69-B077-CF6ECD9F38F6_zpsxggrmale.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae52/762RUM/7289FB13-EF57-4F69-B077-CF6ECD9F38F6_zpsxggrmale.jpg</a>

Trying to catch a buck coming in from the fields, it's not working so far

Pale_Pony sorry to here about your friend
View Quote

My view from the porch.  Things are great today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn dude
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, I got a letter from the DMV (didn't open my mail until this morning) saying my license is cancelled indefinitely , went on-line and the DMV says it is valid
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Lesseee......

Eyes slammed open at 3:06am.  Made coffee, surf'd ARFCOM for two cups worth.  Wife woke early...uh oh...did I make some sort of noise?  Nope, she woke all on her own at 4:15am.

Meh, it was dark out.  Ya really whoda thunkit at 4:30am?  So I crawled under the house to put insulation back up between the floor joists.  The bathroom/laundry room swap is nearly complete so I was just being thorough.  I also put noodles on the new copper plumbing.

Following all that fun, it was time to vacuum the crawl space.  Yep, you read that right.  Vacuum the crawl space.  It's a smoothed concrete floor & needed the clean up after all the boring, cutting & such from the plumbing, vent & drain moves.

Dear wife has been in the kitchen making prep's for a traditional dinner.  As I was getting the folding tables & chairs out for her family's customary arrival at noon, I was informed by Dear wife that dinner will be 4:30pm this year. WTF? This is the crew that almost ALWAYS has Thanksgiving dinner at noon - 1pm tops.

Turns out the 4:30pm time was selected by drama queen multisexual nephew Benjamin.  BTW, he now insists on being addressed as Behn.  Behn is visiting his latest boyfriend's family for the day.  He said "hopes to get there by 4:30 but it'll probably be later".

I do not understand why worthless college drop out - no job Behn needs to be coddled.  That twerp will no doubt spend much of his time with his face plastered into his iphone texting or facebooking the lastest tragedy in his life.  ALL OF IT SELF INFLICTED.

So my only hope is to OD on tryptophan and nap the late day away.
May GOD's guiding hand bring peace to you and yours PP.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lesseee......

Eyes slammed open at 3:06am.  Made coffee, surf'd ARFCOM for two cups worth.  Wife woke early...uh oh...did I make some sort of noise?  Nope, she woke all on her own at 4:15am.

Meh, it was dark out.  Ya really whoda thunkit at 4:30am?  So I crawled under the house to put insulation back up between the floor joists.  The bathroom/laundry room swap is nearly complete so I was just being thorough.  I also put noodles on the new copper plumbing.

Following all that fun, it was time to vacuum the crawl space.  Yep, you read that right.  Vacuum the crawl space.  It's a smoothed concrete floor & needed the clean up after all the boring, cutting & such from the plumbing, vent & drain moves.

Dear wife has been in the kitchen making prep's for a traditional dinner.  As I was getting the folding tables & chairs out for her family's customary arrival at noon, I was informed by Dear wife that dinner will be 4:30pm this year. WTF? This is the crew that almost ALWAYS has Thanksgiving dinner at noon - 1pm tops.

Turns out the 4:30pm time was selected by drama queen multisexual nephew Benjamin.  BTW, he now insists on being addressed as Behn.  Behn is visiting his latest boyfriend's family for the day.  He said "hopes to get there by 4:30 but it'll probably be later".

I do not understand why worthless college drop out - no job Behn needs to be coddled.  That twerp will no doubt spend much of his time with his face plastered into his iphone texting or facebooking the lastest tragedy in his life.  ALL OF IT SELF INFLICTED.

So my only hope is to OD on tryptophan and nap the late day away.

Quoted:

May GOD's guiding hand bring peace to you and yours PP.  
Pics of benn?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Lets see:

Start work.
Emergency transport to Cath Lab for PT who has literally died 3+ times already and has end stage disease in heart and kidney's. Family wants everything done.

Called STAT for my patient who "fell" because of "coughing fits". Nope, he fell because he decided cocaine would be a nice holiday celebration and smashed his head. Now I need to deal with his drug abuser personality who is hostile to all staff. Asked to get a psych consult.

My morbidly obese patient who comes to the hospital twice a month is back. Still hasn't lost weight. Still hasn't quit smoking. Still takes his CPAP off at night. Still not following MD orders.

On the bright side I know that as soon as our food gets delivered for our Thanksgiving Dinner my cath lab patient will be rolling out so I can look forward to some cold food.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed they are.

Add one more.

And another.

Just sent some.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#25]
My day will be quiet.  Oldest daughter lives in TX and will be doing a "Friendsgiving" with her pals.  Wife and other daughter both at work at Golden Corral until 6pm.  Wife's family in S Korea, mine in Pa.  No in law issues ever.  Late supper tonight since I'll start cooking bird at about 2pm.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Just getting started today so well see.

3 years ago my dad choked to death on turkey at the table in the restaurant in front of the family.

Any bitching will be an improvement to that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Not too bad yet but the misses is stressing and trying to pick a fight.
Happens every thanksgiving before we go to my families house. She's already trying to set a time to leave, avoiding getting ready and all around just working herself up for nothing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eject. You're too selfish for her or you don't care/love her enough to man up and deal with it a bit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Went over to my sons house early this AM in order to help him with a problem he had with his well.  Got that all fixed up.  

Since there's a Packer game today - and because it's the late game - we're starting the family Thanksgiving extravaganza later today.  So I'm relaxing and surfing ARFCOM.

Note:  So sorry to hear about Pale Pony's friend.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Well the hens are finally out of the fucking kitchen (after thinly veiled threats of bodily harm ) so it's almost time to make my special Thanksgiving Day corn pudding and carve-up the turkeys.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Im alone with the dog, worked like 50 hours in 3 days and didnt buy a turkey in time.

Have to wait till the weekend to smoke it, trying to figure out something else to do today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like your day is "bad" because you've made it that way. Your attitude about not giving "two shits about her family" bodes well for your future together.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Eject. You're too selfish for her or you don't care/love her enough to man up and deal with it a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't usually agree with ARF's "eject" advice, but this is spot on.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Pretty shitty here. Funny thing is I don't even curse but today it applies.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Holy shit arfcom is infested with social retards.
View Quote

It took you this long to figure that out?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Miserable. Wife is going through some heavy shit with her no good brother, and it cast a shadow over the day. We were going out to dinner, but she has decided she doesn't want to go out. So it's looking like pizza on Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Not bad at all so far.  I have to cook for 12 or so, I'm just hoping I don't fuck up the turkeys.  I dry brined them for the first time and am going to smoke them later.

I hope they turn out
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

You aren't ready to be married.  Thats a HUGE part of marriage.  You don't have to like them, you dont even have to talk to them much.  You can even talk shit about them (when youre not around them lol) with your fiance/wife (if she agrees) but at the end of the day, if she wants to go see them your ass HAS to come along too.  Otherwise youre being a lazy POS deadbeat who doesn't support his wife.  Notice I didn't say his wifes family.  I said his wife.  Because thats what it is.  You put in your time with her family for HER not for them.  

Duh...

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#40]
OP, this is the girl you're going to marry right? Suck it up, nut up and go and be polite.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be around people you don't like for several whole hours for the sake of your future wife.

I see good things in your future.

How old are you .... mentally?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The house is falling apart to much to do that. This is the kind of home where everyone has to leave their shoes on due to the amount of dog piss and shit that is left on the floor and then just half ass cleaned up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should go any way.  After you've been there for a while, take her to a side room and bang the shit out of her, and make sure she makes some noise

WIN/WIN

The house is falling apart to much to do that. This is the kind of home where everyone has to leave their shoes on due to the amount of dog piss and shit that is left on the floor and then just half ass cleaned up.

Thats no excuse.  Sounds like the kind of place where nobody is gonna mind if you get drunk and if youre drunk, who cares if everybody around is boring or annoying?

Everybody in my unit always talked crap about Florida but I swear it was always people from Georgia that were the trashiest when I was in the Army.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My Mom is visiting ( no pics, she's 70) with my autistic nephew.

So far my Mom has managed to criticize my house, my car, my job, my town, and the way I raise my kids. She's staying at my house for 8 more days. I lover her to death but she has a gift for finding any little fault and complaining about it all day. My Wife is stressing out.

But my nephew is a hoot and I only get to see him every few years so that makes up for it.
View Quote

My mom did that too me once and I told her to leave if she wasn't enjoying her visit and she had no say in how I lived my life as long since I wasn't a felon meth-head junkie like her youngest son. That shut her up quick. She went back home a couple of hours later. She hasn't been for a visit since.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prayers from us here too.

If your friend can eat, I say blue bell and pecan pie in copious amounts is in order.  

God bless you, your family, your friend's family and your friend.  Truly, a last day is a day to be thankful for (as is every day).
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My mom did that too me once and I told her to leave if she wasn't enjoying her visit and if she had no say in how I lived my life as long since I wasn't a felon meth-head junkie like her youngest son. That shut her up quick. She went back home a couple of hours later. She hasn't neen for a visit since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Mom is visiting ( no pics, she's 70) with my autistic nephew.

So far my Mom has managed to criticize my house, my car, my job, my town, and the way I raise my kids. She's staying at my house for 8 more days. I lover her to death but she has a gift for finding any little fault and complaining about it all day. My Wife is stressing out.

But my nephew is a hoot and I only get to see him every few years so that makes up for it.

My mom did that too me once and I told her to leave if she wasn't enjoying her visit and if she had no say in how I lived my life as long since I wasn't a felon meth-head junkie like her youngest son. That shut her up quick. She went back home a couple of hours later. She hasn't neen for a visit since.

Nicely done!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#46]
My oven crapped out last night. So we had to borrow a big roaster for the bird. Friggin' GE.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#47]
In before the fiance didn't come home this weekend...She hooked up with an old caring friend from FB.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lets see:

Start work.
Emergency transport to Cath Lab for PT who has literally died 3+ times already and has end stage disease in heart and kidney's. Family wants everything done.

Called STAT for my patient who "fell" because of "coughing fits". Nope, he fell because he decided cocaine would be a nice holiday celebration and smashed his head. Now I need to deal with his drug abuser personality who is hostile to all staff. Asked to get a psych consult.

My morbidly obese patient who comes to the hospital twice a month is back. Still hasn't lost weight. Still hasn't quit smoking. Still takes his CPAP off at night. Still not following MD orders.

On the bright side I know that as soon as our food gets delivered for our Thanksgiving Dinner my cath lab patient will be rolling out so I can look forward to some cold food.
View Quote

Sounds like the place I work.

Since we don't have any family coming down this year, I opted to work at 2.5x pay and she is getting caught up on orders. We cant travel far with our special needs son so we don't usually go out of town.
We went to see a movie last night at Alamo Drafthouse and got a pretty good buzz going on. Tonight we are just going to rent a movie off AT&T on demand and have a few beers. Oh and we got a good size rib-eye roast from Costco that have been cut up into proper 1.75" thick steaks. Those are gong on the grill when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
going to her fathers house early to help get thing ready for thanksgiving, my wife backed into my car trailer crushing the quarter panel in on her car.... what are mirrors for?...oh that right she hit the Van and knocked her passenger side mirror off yesterday. I have been parking that van and trailer in the same spot for 20 years and she will hit it at least twice a year.
View Quote

Move the van .... or get a new wife. Your decision man
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm not sure if the liquor store is open or not. Bah humbug
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top