Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 8:17:47 AM EDT
All is normal, have been flying all night so haven't had a chance to check the news. Only sketchy thing was the pilot landing here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone rioting? Just a lay over?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Probably too early for the Beers Of All Nations place to be open.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone rioting? Just a lay over?
View Quote

Layover. It is raining, that must keep the people's occupied.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Probably too early for the Beers Of All Nations place to be open.

View Quote

Damn near everything except Mcds and Starbucks were closed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#5]
You know, I don't fly a lot. Maybe two trips a year, all CONUS. But the first of Nov I flew Dulles to Vegas and it was the first time I ever saw an officer patrolling Dulles' terminal with an AR and chest rig. I wonder if there was some small amount of chatter that made them increase security leading up to the Paris attacks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you get off your plane look at your connecting gate and say I only have to go a couple gate from here, to find out you were in the wrong building.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You know, I don't fly a lot. Maybe two trips a year, all CONUS. But the first of Nov I flew Dulles to Vegas and it was the first time I ever saw an officer patrolling Dulles' terminal with an AR and chest rig. I wonder if there was some small amount of chatter that made them increase security leading up to the Paris attacks.
View Quote

I saw National Guard patrolling McCarran in Vegas a few years ago. They weren't armed but at the drop off line they had several Humvee's lined up along the curb, inside were at least 3 teams of 2 in BDU's wandering around. It's all about conditioning. It has nothing to do with "chatter". The people pulling the strings want you to get used to seeing the government behaving like that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Best thing about O'Hare: the automatic toilet seat covers. It's one of the best airports to take a shit in, and I've been in a lot of airport bathrooms.

Worst thing about O'Hare: Pretty much everything else. Crowded as fuck most of the time, especially the United terminals.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Why are you racist OP
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Best thing about O'Hare: the automatic toilet seat covers. It's one of the best airports to take a shit in, and I've been in a lot of airport bathrooms.

Worst thing about O'Hare: Pretty much everything else. Crowded as fuck most of the time, especially the United terminals.

View Quote

It's like a vacation in there.  Total privacy. I just hope they actually change out the covers and it's not like a merry go round.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I flew thru Ohare back in May. When my driver dropped me off at the front door, I was expecting the worst because you always hear how big and crowded it is. But check in kiosks, security, and my gate were damned near within sight of each other. And at 4:30 pm there really was no crowd. I'm sure I got lucky.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Start walking around screaming white lives matter.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd fill up on Chicago dogs and beer
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Berghoffs if they open in time....or at all.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Last time I was at O'Hare I swear I had to run to the farthest point in the building to catch my flight.
Seemed that way anyway. Of course when I got to the gate things weren't moving on time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in Jacksonville now heading to Chicago to Denver.
Things are surprisingly calm here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember arriving late on one flight and then jogging with heavy boots (I took a blacksmithing class) with my heavy knapsack (all tools were in check-in) from one terminal all the way to another in twenty minutes just to catch the connecting flight.  No time to look at any of the exhibits at the airport named after Butch O'Hare, fighter ace.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#19]
flying all night from AZ? where you on a single engine Cessna?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did you get off your plane look at your connecting gate and say I only have to go a couple gate from here, to find out you were in the wrong building.
View Quote

Actually I did. Saw my gate figured it was close so I stopped and got some coffee. Only to realize I had a 25 minute walk to my gate
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Do they still have Butch O'Hare's F4F on display?  Always stopped to oggle when traveling through.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
flying all night from AZ? where you on a single engine Cessna?
View Quote

He had to go to atlanta first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top