BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy plagiarism Batman. Too bad you didn't provide the link to that masterpiece of unbiased info.

Written by this guy

"Nicolas J. S. Davies is the author of "Blood On Our Hands: The American Invasion and Destruction of Iraq." Davies also wrote the chapter on "Obama At War" for the book, "Grading the 44th President: A Report Card on Barack Obama's First Term as a Progressive Leader." subscribe to Nicolas J.S. Davies's feed

Why Iraqis May See ISIL as Lesser Evil Compared To U.S.-Backed Death Squads
Posted on: Nov 20, 2014, Source: AlterNet

[snip]

In your case i'd say read less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy plagiarism Batman. Too bad you didn't provide the link to that masterpiece of unbiased info.

Written by this guy

"Nicolas J. S. Davies is the author of "Blood On Our Hands: The American Invasion and Destruction of Iraq." Davies also wrote the chapter on "Obama At War" for the book, "Grading the 44th President: A Report Card on Barack Obama's First Term as a Progressive Leader." subscribe to Nicolas J.S. Davies's feed

[snip]

Yea I read a few of the examples from the list he posted and the interpretations seemed shaky on some, and clearly biased for most. Not that we haven't done sketchy shit and dealt with sketchy people...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Russia has no meaningful way to project force.  
View Quote

All they have to do is tell GazProm to turn off the gas pipleline to all of western Europe in the dead of winter.

Would not take long for European politicians to get real cooperative.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All they have to do is tell GazProm to turn off the gas pipleline to all of western Europe in the dead of winter.

View Quote

Isn't the sale of that gas one of Russia's main sources of income? And couldn't some enterprising capitalists find some way to get gas shipped to Europe for a tidy profit? And are European homes really so poorly-insulated that they can't just put on an extra sweater or two?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

GTFOH!!! Just because I copied and pasted it makes it less true? Do some research outside of that site about those topics and you will come up with the same info bud.
View Quote
Without wasting my time picking it apart, suffice it to say that your list has some serious flaws with reality.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It'd be a suicide move for Russia and they'd starve just as fast as Europe would freeze, but its a valid worry.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"We" are our government.
View Quote

Speak for yourself. You sure as fuck aren't speaking for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Isn't the sale of that gas one of Russia's main sources of income? And couldn't some enterprising capitalists find some way to get gas shipped to Europe for a tidy profit? And are European homes really so poorly-insulated that they can't just put on an extra sweater or two?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We could ship natural gas to Europe for cost and fuck Russia over so badly, they probably wouldn't recover.

However, IMO, Europe is getting its just deserts from spending their capital on social programs for the last 60 years.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yea I read a few of the examples from the list he posted and the interpretations seemed shaky on some, and clearly biased for most. Not that we haven't done sketchy shit and dealt with sketchy people...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Written by this guy

[snip]

I agree, in international relations no one has clean hands. But some hands are bloodier than others. For instance, is not a coincidence that AKs are used in all 3rd world shithole revolution or civil war from the 60s onward.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Have Russians secretly been working on the technology to eat natural gas?

This is one of the underlying issues over control of Syria. Turkey buys around 60% of its gas from Russia as their second largest single customer but has a pipeline to Azerbaijan through Georgia already and if the Saudis get a cooperate regime in Syria to build their pipeline to Turkey and Southern Europe then Russia is going to be losing even more market share.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We" are our government.

I'm simply echoing people like the Founding Fathers, Lincoln....the Constitution. You may not identify with those who work in Government right now, but when you use the inclusive "we", it applies to government as well. They're American citizens, neighbors, etc.

Or to quote Thomas Paine "...we furnish the means by which we suffer."
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
This was all foretold in the book of Daniel
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Russians do that every once in a while just to emphasize their power; however, it has started to turn against them as most of the countries are working to end that dependance. Many have alternate sources now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Russians do that every once in a while just to emphasize their power; however, it has started to turn against them as most of the countries are working to end that dependance. Many have alternate sources now.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:Reading through, the 250mi/400km range is for strategic planes only. For fighters, the range is about 100mi, with a missile speed of anywhere from mach 6 to mach 8 depending on version.
View Quote

More like 100mi or the radar horizon, whichever is shorter, and only when willing to engage targets without positive identification.  Its funny how all the "russia strong" crowd like to claim that Sukhois are superior because BVR is impossible due to need for ID, and then they turn around and claim that the S-WHATEVER SAM system will kill anything within hundreds of miles.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

More like 100mi or the radar horizon, whichever is shorter, and only when willing to engage targets without positive identification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Reading through, the 250mi/400km range is for strategic planes only. For fighters, the range is about 100mi, with a missile speed of anywhere from mach 6 to mach 8 depending on version.

More like 100mi or the radar horizon, whichever is shorter, and only when willing to engage targets without positive identification.

Which they're apparently willing to do...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How long does Russia last without selling gas to Europe?  A few months at best.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Just like here.  Some are pretty good, some are pretty bad.  No gas would suck for a lot of Germany in the winter.

I don't know about Germany, but I've read where they could frac the shit out of Poland and some of the eastern European countries and put Russia on the street corner giving BJs to stay alive in two years.  

Too many greens to let this happen though...

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just like here.  Some are pretty good, some are pretty bad.  No gas would suck for a lot of Germany in the winter.

I don't know about Germany, but I've read where they could frac the shit out of Poland and some of the eastern European countries and put Russia on the street corner giving BJs to stay alive in two years.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The green opposition to fracking is funded by Russia as Poland and Ukraine have the promise of being huge producers. This isn't without precedent,the Soviets sponsored environmentalists and peace activists in the 70s-80s.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:55:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The green opposition to fracking is funded by Russia as Poland and Ukraine have the promise of being huge producers. This isn't without precedent,the Soviets sponsored environmentalists and peace activists in the 70s-80s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pretty shocked when (I think) Rasmussen basically said it straight up. It was a "Profiles in Courage" moment.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't think a lot of people realize how far north most of Europe is.

Southern France is the same latitude as Yakima, Washington.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do you really think they would fire on US aircraft operating in our normal areas. Hell no. Maybe if we decided to fly uncomfortably close to their air base...but otherwise they wouldn't dare. No way...

ETA- still FBHO tho lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh oh.

I am sure Israel is pleased with Obamas foreign policy plan right now.

Can't blame Putin for the show of force. Turkey  (with Zero's) blessings was providing a CAP for the FSA and now they have a great threat added to the region.

Our aircraft, plus civilian passenger craft are all in  peril anywhere near there now. Way to go zero.

FBHO

Do you really think they would fire on US aircraft operating in our normal areas. Hell no. Maybe if we decided to fly uncomfortably close to their air base...but otherwise they wouldn't dare. No way...

ETA- still FBHO tho lol

If they're not afraid of Putin, why the fuck would they be afraid of Obama?

Sorry, originally my post got stuck in the middle of the quote.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't think a lot of people realize how far north most of Europe is.

Southern France is the same latitude as Yakima, Washington.
View Quote

And the Euros tend to show an equal level of ignorance when discussing America's use of Air Conditioning.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was pretty shocked when (I think) Rasmussen basically said it straight up. It was a "Profiles in Courage" moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've even had Germans tell me that... but never in public, and never officially.

One guy even asked me what should I expect, in that the most senior, die-hard supporters of the Kremlin in the DDR were welcomed in at all levels of the government, including the German intelligence services, with open arms.

That guy drank a lot, and liked to go boating... away from people.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nah, I just have more trust in Western military tech.  

View Quote

Like Patriot.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder if the -400 has eliminated the gaps that allowed Israeli jets to fly right past the Syrian -300s.

Especially considering it was developed before that happened.
View Quote

Not connecring to the compromised Syrian IADS would probably help.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I think Turkey needs to be booted out of NATO!  This was reckless and they deserve whatever they get. Makes you wonder whose side are they on anyway.  The plane was not attacking them.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8st7GIkIk

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Like Patriot.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, I just have more trust in Western military tech.  

Like Patriot.  
Hey, its good enough to shoot down western combat aircraft.  Russian jets should be a turkey shoot.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Conflict News
   ?@Conflicts
4 hours ago

#Turkey to deploy land based radar/electronic warfare system KORAL on the #Syria border - @metesohtaoglu

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think Turkey needs to be booted out of NATO!  This was reckless and they deserve whatever they get. Makes you wonder whose side are they on anyway.  The plane was not attacking them.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8st7GIkIk

View Quote

Konyechno, tovarisch! Ya soglasen.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've even had Germans tell me that... but never in public, and never officially.

One guy even asked me what should I expect, in that the most senior, die-hard supporters of the Kremlin in the DDR were welcomed in at all levels of the government, including the German intelligence services, with open arms.

View Quote

I wouldn't have have figured there were a lot of Kremlin supporters high up in the DDR. I always thought there was some bitterness and outright hatred between the KGB and Stasi and such. The German's had the whole 'we do socialism better than you' attitude and the Russians had the 'we still haven't gotten over those 20 million you butchered'.

Anyway it is amazing that the former DDR will be the only decent part of Germany soon. Sure, it's a rundown shithole for the more part but the people are better. They aren't down with the Muzzie invasion and the largest portion of Neo-Nazis come from there.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Russian democrats are a little crazier then ours.

Zhirinovsky proposes to drop a nuclear bomb on the Strait of Bosphorus.

Liberal
Democratic Party of Russia leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky has proposed to
crush Turkey via a nuclear missile strike. This is according to the
radio station "Moscow speaking".

"Istanbul is very easy to
destroy: just one nuclear bomb in the Strait of Bosphorus, and it will
wash away. It will be such a terrible flood, the water column will rise
10-15 meters, and the city will not be there any more, and there are 9
million lives in that city", — said the leader of the liberal Democrats.

According
to the party's leader, Turkey's allies in NATO will not interfere,
"they don't want to die in a nuclear fire". Zhirinovsky noted that
currently Turkey is the number one enemy for Russia.

The politician also believes that the top Turkish leadership figures,
including the President, Prime Minister and the General staff, are
"furious". "They don't know what will happen. If I was in their place
now I'd be afraid of a crushing blow on Turkey. One stupid action of the
President, and the country in general could cease to be", — said
Zhirinovsky.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Conflict News    ?@Conflicts 4 hours ago                                        #Turkey to deploy land based radar/electronic warfare system KORAL on the #Syria border - @metesohtaoglu

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU5U5NqUkAIBZo_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU5U5MAU8AAEcto.jpg
View Quote

That is a VERY interesting channel/site.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Conflict News    ?@Conflicts 4 hours ago                                        #Turkey to deploy land based radar/electronic warfare system KORAL on the #Syria border - @metesohtaoglu

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU5U5NqUkAIBZo_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU5U5MAU8AAEcto.jpg
View Quote

It will be interesting to see how well KORAL works vs 91N6E
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#34]
It'll be interesting ---when Putin decides to consider the jammer to be a threat to their operations...

Then vaporizes it...

AFTER, their engineers discover as much as they can, of the jammer's capability and how to counter it...

Seems this might have been anticipated by all concerned...

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
We could ship natural gas to Europe for cost and fuck Russia over so badly, they probably wouldn't recover.

However, IMO, Europe is getting its just deserts from spending their capital on social programs for the last 60 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We've talked about this before. Shipping natural gas isn't like shipping oil or a container of widgets. It's a gas. Neither we nor Europe has the LNG infrastructure in place and it would cost tens of billions to put it in place. There's a reason people use pipelines for natural gas...Unless you're proposing we build a pipeline to Europe...

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We've talked about this before. Shipping natural gas isn't like shipping oil or a container of widgets. It's a gas. Neither we nor Europe has the LNG infrastructure in place and it would cost tens of billions to put it in place. There's a reason people use pipelines for natural gas...Unless you're proposing we build a pipeline to Europe...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, let me help you with some fact checking.
Export terminals already there with more planned
Import terminal in place in at least one country

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never understood why the West Germans did that. Or why we allowed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh. That came up last night.

Merkels actions supporting refugees make no sense unless she's actively trying to destroy Western Europe.
Given her history, that's fairly likely.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I think Merkel just has that modern German sense of guilt whereby any attempt to stop the flood will be decried as racism. Fact is,a huge portion of Germans raised in the multi-culti era want to welcome them with open arms just the same as US liberals would allow the entire population of Honduras and Guatemala to walk across the border and promise them lots of things other people would pay for.

A caveat to this is I don't think she realized how out of hand it would very quickly become.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are their capacity? How much natural gas does Europe import from Russia? Bro.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cool, I forgot there's a city named Batman.
View Quote

If a cop asks me where i'm from and I say Batman Turkey, I might get locked up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think Merkel just has that modern German sense of guilt whereby any attempt to stop the flood will be decried as racism. Fact is,a huge portion of Germans raised in the multi-culti era want to welcome them with open arms just the same as US liberals would allow the entire population of Honduras and Guatemala to walk across the border and promise them lots of things other people would pay for.

A caveat to this is I don't think she realized how out of hand it would very quickly become.

View Quote

That's how she sold it to Germany, but you're being overly generous to her.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In addition to the guilt thing, Germany has a real problem with population decline - as does a lot of Western Europe.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What are their capacity? How much natural gas does Europe import from Russia? Bro.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not enough yet, but growing. We don't need to drive Russia into worse bankruptcy by selling western Europe all their gas. Taking as little as 3% supply away from the Russians would swing western Europe towards the US sphere of influence and take the biggest teeth Russia has away from them, Bro.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really, and where are these mysterious LNG plants?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry, if we supply 3% of Europe's natural gas Russia will collapse. I learned it on Arfcom.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gulf Coast, apparently.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gulf Coast, apparently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gulf Coast, apparently.

Ready now, or in five years or so?  The Nigerians already export a boatload of LNG to Europe, and that's growing quickly.  (Bonney Island)

So, we'll be competing with them.  I guess with the price of oil at ~$40/bbl and the astronomical amounts of investment idled by that, investors will be happy to throw their money at this latest fad.

Here's a list of LNG plants.  I see at least one missing, though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Turkey has increased weapon, ammunition and equipment shipments into
Syria, according to Damascus, in exchange for oil and antiquities looted
by Islamic State terrorists. Meanwhile Moscow condemned Ankara for
supporting "armed thugs” operating in Syria.

"We have certain information that the Turkish government recently
increased support for terrorists and the level of supplying them with
arms, ammunition and munitions to continue their criminal acts in
exchange for oil and antiquities stolen from Syria and Iraq at low
prices, taking advantage of the presence of terrorists whom it enabled
to control border areas,”
a statement from the Syrian General Command said, as cited by official Syrian news agency SANA.

The new weapons shipments, allegedly paid for with smuggled oil and
artifacts, are being delivered disguised as humanitarian aid, and easily
pass through Turkish border controls, Syrian officials claimed.
Additionally, Turkey was accused of escalating border tensions by
shelling Syrian army positions in northwestern Latakia province from
al-Aqra’a Mountain on Friday night.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan previously rejected accusations that
Ankara is involved in the oil trade with terrorists, saying that anyone
making such a statement must prove it. Erdogan accused Damascus of
purchasing oil from ISIS.

On Thursday a Turkish prosecutor requested the arrest of the
editor-in-chief of Cumhuriyet newspaper, Can Dundar, and Cumhuriyet’s
representative in Ankara, Erdem Gul, charging them with espionage and
treason over a publication back in May that revealed that Turkish
weapons were being transferred to Syria by Turkey’s intelligence agency.
The story was accompanied by a video allegedly showing Turkish trucks
packed with shells heading for Syria.

https://www.rt.com/news/323851-turkey-syria-terrorists-weapons/

https://www.rt.com/news/323848-turkey-journalists-isis-weapons/

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:19:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Turkey has increased weapon, ammunition and equipment shipments into Syria, according to Damascus, in exchange for oil and antiquities looted by Islamic State terrorists. Meanwhile Moscow condemned Ankara for supporting "armed thugs” operating in Syria.

"We have certain information that the Turkish government recently increased support for terrorists and the level of supplying them with arms, ammunition and munitions to continue their criminal acts in exchange for oil and antiquities stolen from Syria and Iraq at low prices, taking advantage of the presence of terrorists whom it enabled to control border areas,” a statement from the Syrian General Command said, as cited by official Syrian news agency SANA.

The new weapons shipments, allegedly paid for with smuggled oil and artifacts, are being delivered disguised as humanitarian aid, and easily pass through Turkish border controls, Syrian officials claimed. Additionally, Turkey was accused of escalating border tensions by shelling Syrian army positions in northwestern Latakia province from al-Aqra’a Mountain on Friday night.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan previously rejected accusations that Ankara is involved in the oil trade with terrorists, saying that anyone making such a statement must prove it. Erdogan accused Damascus of purchasing oil from ISIS.

On Thursday a Turkish prosecutor requested the arrest of the editor-in-chief of Cumhuriyet newspaper, Can Dundar, and Cumhuriyet’s representative in Ankara, Erdem Gul, charging them with espionage and treason over a publication back in May that revealed that Turkish weapons were being transferred to Syria by Turkey’s intelligence agency. The story was accompanied by a video allegedly showing Turkish trucks packed with shells heading for Syria.

https://www.rt.com/news/323851-turkey-syria-terrorists-weapons/

https://www.rt.com/news/323848-turkey-journalists-isis-weapons/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut0vxUuYmx4
View Quote

Russian State propaganda outlet reports story told on Syrian State propaganda outlet. Arfcommer "realwar" posts here with zero sense of irony.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top