Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A Humvee and a civilian bearcat are perfect examples?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A Humvee and a civilian bearcat are perfect examples?

The attitude.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh, fuck.

Police dont get to play soldier any more.

qq.
View Quote

Yes they will. It will just cost you more, because now two different government entities (local and federal) will being buying it instead of one buying it and then giving it to the other when they don't need it anymore.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

That seems...... like it was so long ago.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I tend to agree, as well. However, coming from zero, we're getting fucked somewhere...
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That pic cant be real right?
View All Quotes

It's real.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

I cant believe its taken that kenyan motherfucker 7 years to do something I agree with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, make sure he takes them all. If things ever got froggy they would be turned against the "Citizens" anyway. I've seen too many videos of them being used unwisely to ram peoples houses and generally destroy private property with zero regard for the owners or consequences for misuse. If you want to ride heavy then go join the military.

This.

I cant believe its taken that kenyan motherfucker 7 years to do something I agree with.

This. This.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Good.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that thinks the whole EO thing has gone way beyond what the FF intended?
View Quote

No you're not alone.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#9]
FSA protects and serves the FSA.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:31:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bullshit it doesn't! That kind of stuff belongs in my house and garage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Grenade launchers, high-caliber weapons, armored vehicles this equipment never belonged in our neighborhoods."

Bullshit it doesn't! That kind of stuff belongs in my house and garage.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:33:48 AM EDT
[#11]

I've always wondered about this image. I mean how does that happen? Did they not qualify with it? Did they not wonder why there was no reticle? I really don't get it. I would love to hear the back story.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:38:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's real.
View All Quotes

Officer is dyslexic.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That pic cant be real right?
View All Quotes

100% real. That photo was actually taken in March of 2013 on Main St. in the village of Herkimer (not Ilion) NY. The guy on the right is a NYS Trooper, guy on the left was part of the Herkimer County Swat team (if I remember correctly). The perp killed four in a quick-lube and a barber shop in town, then holed up in a vacant building. After an overnight standoff, he killed a K9 that was sent in, and he was soon thereafter neutralized via ventilation by police.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They use bayonets to cut people free of their seat belts?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bouchard said that his department had lost 16 bayonets that were used primarily for honor guards, funerals and other ceremonial purposes, but also would be kept in trunks for their use as wire cutters, including cutting the seatbelts of car crash victims.

Bouchard is full of shit, and no police department honor guard should have fixed bayonets.

Fuck, with morans like that, the administration may have a point.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:14:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dispersing federal war equipment with no strings attached to non-federal agencies is not a solid recipe for consolidation of power.  Think of all those rural wrongthinking agencies that might be armed and who don't like Obama.
View Quote

That's always been one of the great contradiction of much of the "militarization of the police" crowd. Local law enforcement is an offset to federal power, not an enhancement.

It also applies when the same people who think arming independent police agencies equates to consolidating federal power, later say that similar programs in other countries only arm terrorists the U.S. Government will have to fight some day.

You know, standard Paulbot logic.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#17]
FWIW, I don't look at the county Sheriff and city PD the same way. I trust the former more than the latter.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
So the DOD is retrieving equipment loaned to police departments?  No fucks given.  Buy your own shit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bouchard is full of shit, and no police department honor guard should have fixed bayonets.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bouchard said that his department had lost 16 bayonets that were used primarily for honor guards, funerals and other ceremonial purposes, but also would be kept in trunks for their use as wire cutters, including cutting the seatbelts of car crash victims.

Yep, there is only one US Army Infantry Regiment authorized to Pass in Review with Fixed Bayonets......  

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Yawn
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:58:01 AM EDT
[#22]
So it looks like they are only taking away tracked APCs, what department hates their town/city so much they ask for a tracked APC over a wheeled MRAP?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So the DOD is retrieving equipment loaned to police departments?  No fucks given.  Buy your own shit.
View Quote

Odd, I didn't think I would agree with you once this year... and here  I am, in full agreement.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So it looks like they are only taking away tracked APCs, what department hates their town/city so much they ask for a tracked APC over a wheeled MRAP?
View Quote

I know of 5 SOs possessing 113s, off the top of my head.

EDIT: The maintenance isn't current and not up to a PFC's standards, at that. The shit is expensive to maintain. Once it doesn't start anymore... it just sits, forever.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I know, they are also slower than an MRAP and tear up roads, even with expensive, quick wearing rubber road treads so from what I have seen they are trailered to incidents, making deployment EVEN slower.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

MRAPs are rather new equipment, many of those APCs go back a ways.

There's good reason the MRAPs were so attractive - they're far more suitable to the mission set.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:25:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yep, there is only one US Army Infantry Regiment authorized to Pass in Review with Fixed Bayonets......    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know 1-9 and 2-9 used to... so is that a Manchu thing?

Always wondered about that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#28]
.223 is a high caliber weapon?  

Grenade launchers?  Derp.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm not a big fan of 1033 for the simple fact that cops are civilians give everyone the same ability to get it.  Half of the surplus eligible 1033 stuff goes to DRMO and the other half goes to 1033.  If it's to dangerous to get sold through DRMO to the general public than it must be to dangerous for civilians to own (LEO).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DRMO?

Group buy?

I'm not a big fan of 1033 for the simple fact that cops are civilians give everyone the same ability to get it.  Half of the surplus eligible 1033 stuff goes to DRMO and the other half goes to 1033.  If it's to dangerous to get sold through DRMO to the general public than it must be to dangerous for civilians to own (LEO).

Then its too dangerous to be in existence. we should ban the government/.fed/.MIL from having it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What capability did these armored vehicles give police that they couldn't do with what they had before?
View Quote

The vehicles give them a point of hard cover to hide behind.  That's it.  Otherwise they look scary.

Surplus AR rifles speak for themselves.

Fucking grenade launchers are used as riot gear to launch gas canisters.

Fucking frightening stuff isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is one BHO decision I actually agree with. Liberty and the Constitution trump officer safety, just as they do the safety of everyone else. Militarized law enforcement is a threat to liberty. Certain equipment and tactics would make law enforcement much more effective. Torturing suspects or deleting the 4th and 5th Amendments, for example, would greatly increase police effectiveness and safety, should we do those too? Hell no. I love me some cops, but they shouldn't have mil vehicles, machine guns, etc. that define the difference between citizens empowered to be in law enforcement and military forces designed for waging war on the enemies of the nation. No matter how bad "the streets" get, they aren't a theater of war and there are different rules. That's not news to most, of course...but frighteningly, it is to some.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

While I mostly agree. There are plenty of examples of military fire power being used against local police. They should atleast be able to meet those.

Police need to scale back on the "proactive" policing. I think "reactive" worked better for society.

What I think the police really need pulled away? Unmarked police cars/motocycles. We are the police for goodness sake. People shouldn't have to look for us, we need to be easily found.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:45:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bayonets are tough. they make pretty good short prybars, and you don't feel bad stabbing through stuff (like sheet metal, seats, etc)  to cut someone out or bending them while prying  like you would using your personal fixed-blade that might have cost you $150 bucks. I see it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#33]
IMO.... good.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good, make sure he takes them all. If things ever got froggy they would be turned against the "Citizens" anyway. I've seen too many videos of them being used unwisely to ram peoples houses and generally destroy private property with zero regard for the owners or consequences for misuse. If you want to ride heavy then go join the military.
View Quote

When a nasty active shooter incident breaks out, call the military and wait a day for them to get there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I find myself in a weird position and emotionally torn.  For the first time I agree with something zero has done.  
Police don't need military equipment to do their jobs.
View Quote

So, cops shouldn't have to respond to active shooter incidents, right? We can sit back and say "call the Army...." If I'm not equipped for it, I don't have to do it. Case law on THAT. Oh, and I guess it goes without saying.... YOU don't need those evil black rifles, either....
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:57:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So, cops shouldn't have to respond to active shooter incidents, right? We can sit back and say "call the Army...." If I'm not equipped for it, I don't have to do it. Case law on THAT. Oh, and I guess it goes without saying.... YOU don't need those evil black rifles, either....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find myself in a weird position and emotionally torn.  For the first time I agree with something zero has done.  

Unless you suggest that every officer drive an APC, armored vehicles do jackshit in an active shooter situation. Officers are not going to sit around and wait for SWAT to roll up in their cool MRAP, they are going to go in and neutralize the threat.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Our local SWAT team rolls in a repurposed bread truck.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/2639795218_1cbc5c3afc.jpg
View Quote

Guys on my old job still use trucks like that on warrants.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Unless you suggest that every officer drive an APC, armored vehicles do jackshit in an active shooter situation. Officers are not going to sit around and wait for SWAT to roll up in their cool MRAP, they are going to go in and neutralize the threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're still going to want the Cavalry to be following behind you, not all threats are neutralized as easily as others.

See: Paris last week.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:18:57 AM EDT
[#39]
hey, maybe woodland camo will become available again!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Paris pretty much proved that you want your local responders to be well equipped.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

politicians think feel that way about these evil racists guns, just one thing keeps getting in their way.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#42]
LOL.  The anti Obama cop haters paradox.  He did something they want to agree with but because it came from him they can't on principle.  Heads exploding.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#43]
After reading a few more replies I have realized that some of the posters here live in some sort of fantasy world.
Ironically stripping the police of 'military' gear is likely to lead to putting the military on the streets like we recently saw in Belgium.
This would of course be much closer to the fantasy oppression that some here think the police are perpetrating on them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Lulz.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FWIW, I don't look at the county Sheriff and city PD the same way. I trust the former more than the latter.
View Quote

Sheriff is elected, police chief is a political appointment.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, some probably need their toys taken away

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

When a nasty active shooter incident breaks out, call the military and wait a day for them to get there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In what world do police need a tracked vehicle to respond to an active shooter?

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

France would be my first thought due to recent events.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#49]
There must be some political affiliation test they aren't passing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They took the one and only armored SWAT vehicle from my local sheriffs office. So the sheriff said they were going to use local funds to buy one instead. $360,000

Lot of good that did, Obama.
View Quote

Uhhhhhhhh, isn't that the way its supposed to work?  You want something for your community you pay for it?
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top