BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pouring huge sums of PAC money into the campaigns of one or more of the legitimate front runners to assist them in defeating Trump = playing hardball politics.

Throwing all that PAC money to a non-candidate like Kasich for the purposes of using him as a stalking horse against Trump Is analogous to fraud.

Fuck the GOPe and their lackeys  and toadies.
View Quote

Are you sure it is PAC money.........I was "tinfoiling" assuming or "guessing" that due to the elites dishonest track record?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
They know if he is elected, their establishment reign is over.  These fucks would rather lose and be in the
minority than give up what power they have.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They know if he is elected, their establishment reign is over.  These fucks would rather lose and be in the
View Quote

Politicians?

No way...........they would never do that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wait... Liz Mair? This Liz Mair?
http://i.imgur.com/euDeTQu.jpg
Seems like a great gal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most recent bid is a reported “guerrilla campaign” led by a group called Trump Card LLC and run by Liz Mair, former communications official for the Republican National Committee.

Seems like a great gal.

Failed political consultant Liz Mair is crowd funding a political attack on billionaire presidential candidate Donald Trump and she’s getting noticed.

But Mair’s past work as a paid shill of a Muslim dictatorship that jails journalists and activists should make us wonder about her motives, especially as the Middle East once more descends into chaos.

Mair was paid $15,000 a month by Ilham Aliyev, the dictator of Azerbaijan, according to documents filed in accordance with the Foreign Registration Act (FARA).

To be sure Mair is well networked, especially among the socially liberal subset of GOP twitteratti, and it’s oftentimes hard to tell what’s real with her and what’s smoke and mirrors.

And yet Trump should not worry much about Mair. She’s frankly not very good at getting Republicans elected. And she trashes them once they lose.

If she really wanted to hurt Trump maybe she should go work for him.

http://gotnews.com/anti-trump-failed-political-consultant-liz-mair-works-for-foreign-governments/
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Politicians?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Politicians?

You missed my point.  They would rather lose the house to the Dems than give up their seat and the power it affords them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you sure it is PAC money.........I was "tinfoiling" assuming or "guessing" that due to the elites dishonest track record?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pouring huge sums of PAC money into the campaigns of one or more of the legitimate front runners to assist them in defeating Trump = playing hardball politics.

Throwing all that PAC money to a non-candidate like Kasich for the purposes of using him as a stalking horse against Trump Is analogous to fraud.

Yup, it's PAC money led by a GOPe PAC that goes by the name of  "A New Day For America".
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most recent bid is a reported “guerrilla campaign” led by a group called Trump Card LLC and run by Liz Mair, former communications official for the Republican National Committee.

Seems like a great gal.

Failed political consultant Liz Mair is crowd funding a political attack on billionaire presidential candidate Donald Trump and she’s getting noticed.

But Mair’s past work as a paid shill of a Muslim dictatorship that jails journalists and activists should make us wonder about her motives, especially as the Middle East once more descends into chaos.

Mair was paid $15,000 a month by Ilham Aliyev, the dictator of Azerbaijan, according to documents filed in accordance with the Foreign Registration Act (FARA).

To be sure Mair is well networked, especially among the socially liberal subset of GOP twitteratti, and it’s oftentimes hard to tell what’s real with her and what’s smoke and mirrors.

And yet Trump should not worry much about Mair. She’s frankly not very good at getting Republicans elected. And she trashes them once they lose.

http://gotnews.com/anti-trump-failed-political-consultant-liz-mair-works-for-foreign-governments/

Oh, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practise to deceive!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Watch his poll numbers climb.

Bush and fiorina need to dropout they have no chance
View Quote

I hope you are right!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thad Cochran agrees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Republican elite are backstabbers.

Thad Cochran agrees.

FGOP
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FGOPe. It would be nice if they fought the demonrats this hard.
View Quote

Yes!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think Im ok with this.   If it takes down Trump, it will finally pave the way for Cruz (which I think happens anyhow. )  If they think it springs Jeb or Rubio,  they are sorely mistaken.

View Quote

They don't want Cruz either....

I think a Trump/Cruz ticket would be the best thing that has ever happened for the gun owners of this country.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a great gal.

Didn't she work on the Scott Walker campaign?  yes
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#14]
They scared....
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They scared....
View Quote

Terrifyingly scared

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a great gal.

It's telling that the GOPe needs the same Public Relations team as a brutal Islamic dictator.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
The is not going to turn out the way the GOPe hopes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The GOP is dead to me. I'll vote for who I vote for.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Ditto.  It's going to be fucking epic when Trump wins.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Edit it's a primary, no one owes trump any loyalty.
View Quote

There is the matter of the deal Trump and the RNC made when he signed the "support the nominee" agreement.

Should the RNC honor their word in that agreement?

Seems simple enough to me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They scared....
View Quote

They certainly are.  I see it even here, on GD.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You missed my point.  They would rather lose the house to the Dems than give up their seat and the power it affords them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Politicians?

You missed my sarcasm.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only a fool would believe that the RNC has nothing to do with this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#23]
They should stay home in their "safe zone" instead of mooching a free meal and be subjected to common sense.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Terrifyingly scared

https://youtu.be/UJkgpfLEDuc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They scared....

Terrifyingly scared

https://youtu.be/UJkgpfLEDuc

Wow
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
There is the matter of the deal Trump and the RNC made when he signed the "support the nominee" agreement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They should, when there finally is a nominee.

We don't have one to support yet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost every candidate in the GOP field signed those agreements didn't they?  They were all hoping for Trump to refuse and when he signed it their plan blew up in their faces.  Any candidate who then refuses to support a nominee who fairly wins the nomination before the convention then will have it used against them by the media as sour grapes and going back on their word.

But....If the decision of the nominee is not decided before the convention by votes in the primary.  If the nominee occurs at a brokered convention and the one selected is not one of the two highest vote selections in primaries, then all bets are off.

Shenanigans to select a nominee will put the knives into the GOP.  The party will be destroyed if they have a brokered convention and place someone from the middle of the field into the position as nominee.  

Say Bush or Rubio come in at 4th or 5th place and the GOPe selects one of them as the candidate over Cruz who has the majority of votes but not enough to secure the nomination.  Conservative will revolt.  Conservative would likely stay home and not vote at all.  The GOP would lose the presidential race, the Senate and very possibly the majority in the House after attaining the largest majority since the early portion of the previous century.

This would result in a purge of the republican party and RINOs as RINOs usually come from districts and states where republicans have slim majorities.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Almost every candidate in the GOP field signed those agreements didn't they?  They were all hoping for Trump to refuse and when he signed it their plan blew up in their faces.  Any candidate who then refuses to support a nominee who fairly wins the nomination before the convention then will have it used against them by the media as sour grapes and going back on their word.

But....If the decision of the nominee is not decided before the convention by votes in the primary.  If the nominee occurs at a brokered convention and the one selected is not one of the two highest vote selections in primaries, then all bets are off.

Shenanigans to select a nominee will put the knives into the GOP.  The party will be destroyed if they have a brokered convention and place someone from the middle of the field into the position as nominee.  

Say Bush or Rubio come in at 4th or 5th place and the GOPe selects one of them as the candidate over Cruz who has the majority of votes but not enough to secure the nomination.  Conservative will revolt.  Conservative would likely stay home and not vote at all.  The GOP would lose the presidential race, the Senate and very possibly the majority in the House after attaining the largest majority since the early portion of the previous century.

This would result in a purge of the republican party and RINOs as RINOs usually come from districts and states where republicans have slim majorities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would the GOP candidates hope for Trump to refuse to sign the loyalty pledge?  The hopes that the media would hold it against him?  Hasn't Trump been immune to the media attacks?

If anything, the GOP was naïve in thinking that Trump signing a non-binding loyalty pledge would somehow keep him from running third party if that's what Trump truly wanted to do
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why would the GOP candidates hope for Trump to refuse to sign the loyalty pledge?  The hopes that the media would hold it against him?  Hasn't Trump been immune to the media attacks?

If anything, the GOP was naïve in thinking that Trump signing a non-binding loyalty pledge would somehow keep him from running third party if that's what Trump truly wanted to do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were trying to leverage a refusal to sign the pledge into basically kicking him out of the primary.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They were trying to leverage a refusal to sign the pledge into basically kicking him out of the primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the problem with that?  The man wants to run under the banner of the Republican party so why wouldn't the party expect him to sign the pledge?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the GOP is using the hopeless candidates as proxies to attack Trump.  They will keep them in the running to provide a vehicle to spend money.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One more reason to vote for him
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep, I heard Trump bit the head off a bat and clubbed a harp seal.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What's the problem with that?  The man wants to run under the banner of the Republican party so why wouldn't the party expect him to sign the pledge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, first there's the fact it's an agreement pushed by a select few power brokers and not the Republican base itself. The same power brokers who destroyed the Tea Party by supporting Democrats and turned a blind eye to the Administration using the IRS to suppress the Tea Party. They are not friends of actual conservatives. They are self-serving political elites with more in common with the DNC than us.

Secondly it was employed to lay an accusation veiled as an attempt to protect the party. You've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

No one wants Jeb. Get over it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm thinking as these lower tier candidates drop off you are going to see Cruz and maybe Rubio rise in the polls. Trump will not get those votes
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If the Republicans are successful in defeating Trump, do you guys think he would run 3rd party and split the vote?
View Quote

He already pretty much said yes he would.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, first there's the fact it's an agreement pushed by a select few power brokers and not the Republican base itself. The same power brokers who destroyed the Tea Party by supporting Democrats and turned a blind eye to the Administration using the IRS to suppress the Tea Party. They are not friends of actual conservatives. They are self-serving political elites with more in common with the DNC than us.

Secondly it was employed to lay an accusation veiled as an attempt to protect the party. You've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Trump should be able to run as a Republican under the party name with no loyalty to the party whatsoever?  Just take the primary for a spin and if it doesn't work out, just run 3rd party and damage the Republican Party?  There is a reason that he is not running 3rd party already.  Its because he knows he has a much better chance as a Republican.  

Whether or not you like the leadership of the party...they are the leadership of the party.  Do they include you in every decision the NRA makes?  You're part of the base, right?

Like it or not, you can disagree with Trump and his minions and not support Jeb.  I swear, this is no different than the "You're a racist if you don't support Obama"

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Obviously you didn't watch the news when the loyalty pledge was first being pushed and when Reince Priebus met with Trump.

Two states were pushing the loyalty pledge (and others were about to follow suit).  Refusal to sign a loyalty pledge would result, in the two state legislatures that were working on it, any candidate not pledging to support the eventual nominee being blocked from having their name on the republican ballot for primaries.

In effect, if the nominee could not have their name place on the state ballot, the could not win any delegates from that state.

The national party’s sudden move comes as some state parties, including early-voting South Carolina, have moved to adopt similar loyalty oaths for candidates to participate in their primaries or caucuses.

Virginia's republican party was also pushing a loyalty oath.

The Virginia Republican Party is considering requiring a loyalty oath from presidential primary contenders — a move widely considered an early sign of GOP skittishness about Donald Trump’s campaign.

State party officials are debating whether to require candidates to pledge their support to the eventual nominee and promise not to run as a third-party candidate — as Trump has hinted he might do.

Federal courts have ruled it is up to each state's political parties to determine who appears on their ballot and what criteria they must meet.

They also figured that if he signed the loyalty pledge and then later ran as a 3rd party candidate, that voters would hold it against him and turn against him.

Trump signed the loyalty pledge, after Reince Priebus met with him at Trump's office and kissed Trump's ring.  Trump agreed to the loyalty pledge but with one caveat.  He must be treated fairly.

Most of the other republicans then received the loyalty pledge to sign.  According to Chris Christie, the pledge was emailed to them instead of Reince Priebus meeting with them to have them sign it.  Christie never verified whether he signed and returned it in the interview I watched.

Certain republican candidates who have been among the 17 declared candidates mentioned they would never support the nominee with loyalty if it was Trump.  One was Gilmore, the other was Pataki though he may have waffled when repeatedly called on it.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/02/republican-party-asks-candidates-to-sign-loyalty-pledge/

Responding to growing pressure from party donors and officials to dissuade Donald J. Trump from mounting an independent campaign for president, the Republican National Committee on Wednesday asked each of the party’s presidential candidates to sign a statement vowing not to run as a third-party candidate.

With little warning, committee officials called and emailed campaign representatives requesting that they put in writing what every candidate, except for Mr. Trump, has already pledged to do.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/donald-trump-2016-rnc-pledge-meeting/

The Republican presidential front-runner met privately with Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus Thursday afternoon, and soon after, came out to the lobby of Trump Tower to declare that he has signed a loyalty pledge. This means Trump has promised to support the party's eventual nominee -- whoever that may be -- and that he will not run as a third-party candidate.

Meanwhile, others are raising questions about just how enforceable a loyalty pledge is.

"You're right, it's unenforceable," said Carly Fiorina on CNN's "New Day." "It is, more than anything else, your word."

After Trump signed the loyalty pledge, nothing further was heard from the states trying to require a loyalty pledge to get on republican ballots.  It was a failed ploy to keep Trump from getting the nomination.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So Trump should be able to run as a Republican under the party name with no loyalty to the party whatsoever?  Just take the primary for a spin and if it doesn't work out, just run 3rd party and damage the Republican Party?  There is a reason that he is not running 3rd party already.  Its because he knows he has a much better chance as a Republican.  

Whether or not you like the leadership of the party...they are the leadership of the party.  Do they include you in every decision the NRA makes?  You're part of the base, right?

Like it or not, you can disagree with Trump and his minions and not support Jeb.  I swear, this is no different than the "You're a racist if you don't support Obama"

View Quote

Read my post above with the quotes and linked articles.

Other's that signed the loyalty pledge have already violated it but they have not been removed from the republican race or debates.  It was merely a failed attempt to boot Trump from the republican nomination race but it has not been used against the other Establishment candidates who went back on the pledge.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#41]
lol good luck with that one
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is the RNC running ads? Did someone agree to not run anti trump ads? Nope and nope I believe  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the RNC running ads? Did someone agree to not run anti trump ads? Nope and nope I believe  

You missed the reports of the GOPe trying to get all the usual donors to individual republican candidates to donate to one Super-PAC with the one goal of taking Trump out?  It fizzled when word of the attempt hit the media.

Cruz and Huckabee have both stated they will not be involved in attacking Trump as they want his supporters support if he ever drops out.

The Koch brothers, the money men of republican causes say they will not get involved in the primary.

The only ones actively attacking Trump are Rubio, Bush, Graham and Kasich.  Graham has 0% in the polls, Kasich 1%, Bush 4 or 5% and Rubio is still down at 14% well below his high of 18% months ago.

Bush's attack ad on Trump (which he didn't even name him in) was pathetic.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Trump's gun has no sights, figures  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Trump's gun has no sights, figures  

He's a point and shoot kind of guy
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#49]
A new round of attack ads are heading Donald Trump’s way, some from John Kasich’s campaign and the super PAC backing him, and more in the future from an LLC created specifically to produce anti-Trump messages.
View Quote

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/the-one-way-to-take-down-trump/417699/

No, if you want to take down Trump, there is only one line of attack that will work—but it is an attack that requires the party leadership and its donors to attain some critical distance from their own beliefs and points of view.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Republicans are successful in defeating Trump, do you guys think he would run 3rd party and split the vote?

I've said all along he will run third party. He cannot and will not accept rejection. He is too arrogant and egotistical to ever believe he lost or can loose. Just listen to the blow hard. He's running 3rd party even if it means giving hillary the WH.

Maybe his plan all along . If he cannot have it he is going to see to it she gets it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top