Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck turkey..

Anyone shooting down planes bombing aloah snackbars is a moron.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
All Bush's fault.

What a fucking mess.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag. Thanks for the updates fellas.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Russia's Defense Ministry: 'Analysis of the objective monitoring
data definitely showed that there had not been any violation of the
Turkish air space'

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]
These Turkish men are Snackbarring a lot when they find the Russian pilots body.

Soooooo.... if the plane crashed in Turkey why does a terrorist group have the body?

According to Reuters, the video was sent by a rebel group operating in the northwestern area of Syria, where groups including the Free Syrian Army are active but Islamic State has no known presence.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You remember they took Crimea and are currently pissing on eastern Ukraine right? Not to mention its not a long flight over the Caspian Sea through Iran to drop off supplies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia has to transit Turkey to resupply Syria,operative word is "has" as they sure can't move everything they need by air. War with Turkey is not even remotely an option.

While I am no fan of Turks,seeing a Sukhoi on fire makes me all warm and happy inside.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

No they don't. Tartus is a long standing Russian Naval base and they established an air bridge over Iran and Iraq. linky

Yes,they can take the scenic route from Saint Petersburg but everything heavy they have sent so far has come from Novorossiysk through the Bosporus. Relying fully upon the air bridge would be a bit like if the US tried to fight in Iraq without the ability to use Kuwait.

You remember they took Crimea and are currently pissing on eastern Ukraine right? Not to mention its not a long flight over the Caspian Sea through Iran to drop off supplies.

They are pulling back from Novorossiya as it has become properly frozen. Ukraine is not going to attempt retaking it.
 The armor and support  that they sent to replace Assad's losses are former "DPR" and "LPR" T-72s and Kamazes.
    An open war with Turkey to take the straits is crazy talk. They are sending a warship through now just to show that Turkey isn't going to bottle them up in the Black Sea and Erdogan will certainly let it through.

There is a large Turkmen population in that region and even an exclave,they don't want Russia bombing their guys. Of course the problem is that outside of watching over kin,there is plenty of evidence that Turkey has been aiding IS through sins of omission and commision.

I don't think this will come to much. It serves Putin's "US/EU/NATO supports IS" line and will play well at home.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck yea. Let's get it going.  If we are going to war with Russia sign me the fuck up.

I doubt even 2% of Russia's nukes can get off the ground if it comes to that.  You know the Russians are known for great preventive maintenance and keeping things and working order over extended periods of time I mean look at their Navy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
These Turkish men are Snackbarring a lot when they find the Russian pilots body.

Soooooo.... if the plane crashed in Turkey why does a terrorist group have the body?

Y9UJcX_UVB0
View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to Reuters, the video was sent by a rebel group operating in the northwestern area of Syria, where groups including the Free Syrian Army are active but Islamic State has no known presence.

Y9UJcX_UVB0

It didn't crash in Turkey. It crashed in Syria and the impact of the missile was over Syria. There's a image of the tracking map up in page 2
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It didn't crash in Turkey. It crashed in Syria and the impact of the missile was over Syria. There's a image of the tracking map up in page 2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y9UJcX_UVB0

I know, that's why Turkey is going to have a hard time selling this shootdown if the bodies and plane are not in it's country.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They are pulling back from Novorossiya as it has become properly frozen. Ukraine is not going to attempt retaking it.
 The armor and support  that they sent to replace Assad's losses are former "DPR" and "LPR" T-72s and Kamazes.
    An open war with Turkey to take the straits is crazy talk. They are sending a warship through now just to show that Turkey isn't going to bottle them up in the Black Sea and Erdogan will certainly let it through.

There is a large Turkmen population in that region and even an exclave,they don't want Russia bombing their guys. Of course the problem is that outside of watching over kin,there is plenty of evidence that Turkey has been aiding IS through sins of omission and commision.

I don't think this will come to much. It serves Putin's "US/EU/NATO supports IS" line and will play well at home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia has to transit Turkey to resupply Syria,operative word is "has" as they sure can't move everything they need by air. War with Turkey is not even remotely an option.

While I am no fan of Turks,seeing a Sukhoi on fire makes me all warm and happy inside.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

No they don't. Tartus is a long standing Russian Naval base and they established an air bridge over Iran and Iraq. linky

Yes,they can take the scenic route from Saint Petersburg but everything heavy they have sent so far has come from Novorossiysk through the Bosporus. Relying fully upon the air bridge would be a bit like if the US tried to fight in Iraq without the ability to use Kuwait.

True on all accounts but all the more reason to cautiously approach Turkey's actions. But it's not as if Russia is actually attacking ISIS... to them all the groups in Syria that aren't the Syrian Army are ISIS.

Like many here.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag for WW3.....so time to pull out my iodine pills?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Maybe this will make Russia be a bit more careful about air space violations going forward. They've been bullying other nations and testing the limits for a number of years. It was just a matter of time until someone got tired of it and possessed the balls to do something about it. Whether or not the Russians actually violated Turkish air space today is another question, but we know there have been a few incidents already. At some point, things left to simmer may come to a boil. It is what it is.

ETA: Oh, and this is the much vaunted Russian Su-24, the same aircraft they claimed to have totally disabled (electronically) an Arleigh Burke class destroyer in the Black Sea. Yet in reality, those electronics couldn't even deal with a couple of export F-16s.
View Quote

was was supposed to have been the EW variant

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I know, that's why Turkey is going to have a hard time selling this shootdown if the bodies and plane are not in it's country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y9UJcX_UVB0

Physics... not hard at all. They show the track of the jet flying over a finger of Turkish airspace and boom. They think they have justification to shoot down an Russian jet.

RT pundits and anchors are going apoplectic over this. What I'd be interested in is if the Fencer executed any evasive maneuvers?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck turkey..

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The dynamic in Syria is pretty simple. A secular dictator is trying to be pushed out by various Sunni groups, some more extreme than others. We found a few of the less head-choppy ones and called them our friends because they are smart enough to say all the right things to make the bleeding-hearts want to give them stuff.

Once they kill Assad they'll genocide the Christians, Alawites, Druze, etc and then burn American flags where screaming ALLAH AKBAR!

Then they'll be a good 5ish years of civil war between the various Islamists factions over who gets the throne. Meanwhile we'll send envoys and make speeches about bringing freedom and democracy to the region. A region that wants neither because their Imams and Islamic Scholars forbid such Western concepts.

That's my understanding and I think a lot of other people share it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your  understanding of the dynamic in Syria is impeccable. /snark

The dynamic in Syria is pretty simple. A secular dictator is trying to be pushed out by various Sunni groups, some more extreme than others. We found a few of the less head-choppy ones and called them our friends because they are smart enough to say all the right things to make the bleeding-hearts want to give them stuff.

Once they kill Assad they'll genocide the Christians, Alawites, Druze, etc and then burn American flags where screaming ALLAH AKBAR!

Then they'll be a good 5ish years of civil war between the various Islamists factions over who gets the throne. Meanwhile we'll send envoys and make speeches about bringing freedom and democracy to the region. A region that wants neither because their Imams and Islamic Scholars forbid such Western concepts.

That's my understanding and I think a lot of other people share it.

Could not state it better, right on the mark.  Good news is that the "conflict" will be a good way for a diverse group of bad guys to kill each other off.  Bad news is, once things settle down, they will be very good at killing and will likely want to export their skills.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#18]
WW3
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#19]

This was exactly what I was wondering.  5 seconds, no hostile intent obvious to Turkey, and they shot it down?  Something's screwy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The dynamic in Syria is pretty simple
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your  understanding of the dynamic in Syria is impeccable. /snark

The dynamic in Syria is pretty simple

No, it isn't.  The situation in Syria is a lot of things, but simple is not one of them.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Good. Russia deserves to get some shit.  They fuck with entirely too many countries airspace with no regard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This was exactly what I was wondering.  5 seconds, no hostile intent obvious to Turkey, and they shot it down?  Something's screwy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The reason is that Turkey contacted the UN Security Council yesterday to protest the Russians attacking anti-Assad rebels who happen to be "enthic Turks".

Just hours before the Russian jet was shot down, Ankara called for a U.N Security Council meeting to discuss attacks on Turkmen areas in Syria, which have forced some 1,700 civilians to flee their homes in the last three days, according to Turkish officials.

Ankara has traditionally expressed solidarity with the Syrian Turkmens, who are Syrians of Turkish descent. It has also repeatedly voiced concern about Russian military support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Syria's civil war.

Turkey summoned Moscow's ambassador on Friday and called for an immediate end to the Russian military operation near its border in northern Syria, which it said included "heavy bombardment" of Turkmen civilian villages.

Russian air strikes in support of Assad's forces have shifted the balance of power in the conflict and dealt a setback to Turkey's aim of seeing Assad removed from power.

The provincial governor of Turkey's Hatay province, which borders the area where the bombing is taking place, said around 1,700 Turkmens had fled toward Turkey over the last three days, state-run Anadolu Agency reported.

Governor Ercan Topaca told a news conference that up to 30,000 inhabitants of the mountainous area could potentially be forced from their homes as a result of the fighting.

Turkey's disaster and emergency authority AFAD said Turkmen families fleeing the fighting were being sent to the Yamadi camp across the border from the Turkish town of Yayladagi and that tents, blankets and clothing were delivered to them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think the correct response it to feel concerned
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmmm, interesting....not sure if GD wants me to be happy or enraged about this though.

I think the correct response it to feel concerned

Made me smile.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm no fan of Turkey, but fuck Russia. My ass will be back at the recruitment office if we can finally knock the Ruskies dicks in the dirt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#25]
It will be interesting to see where this goes.
Was Turkey honestly protecting it's borders? If so why did it let so many other Russian incursions go unchallenged?
Or, is Turkey just pandering to ISIS and radical Islam?
If Russia strikes back will NATO pee it's pants or escalate the hostilities?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#26]
May not be related to Su-24 shoot down but Syrian group posts video claiming to be a downed Russian helo: link

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
#IDONTKNOWWHERETHETHEREDLINEISNOW

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does anyone know what hashtag Obama will be using to solve this?
#IDONTKNOWWHERETHETHEREDLINEISNOW

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#29]
It's about time someone got sick enough of the soviet's shit to put the smack down on them.  It sure as hell wasn't going to be our apologizer in chief.

Fuck Putin.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#30]

I love that GIF.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Video of heli crash site https://vid.me/wS4d

NVM beat
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

All kidding aside, how big of a deal is this.   Is it a pivotal point?  Hello me out here.
View Quote
Might be, might not be.  One can never tell.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The reason is that Turkey contacted the UN Security Council yesterday to protest the Russians attacking anti-Assad rebels who happen to be "enthic Turks".
View Quote

Right to protect is what Putin used to excuse his actions in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Well that escalated quickly.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JA1ffd5Ms[/youtube]

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This whole God damned thing is going to get out of control to the point of no return.
View Quote

It was all set into motion on 9-11

These things take time to reach critical mass, we're about half way there at this pace. But then, wars tend to have their own pace and timeline.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
May not be related to Su-24 shoot down but Syrian group posts video claiming to be a downed Russian helo: link

View Quote

This has the potential to go downhill quick.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Now that things are heating up with Turkey and Russia, lets pull our Nukes from Turkey and tel them to get stuffed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#38]
"Emergency" NATO meeting. Can the generals can get to NATO HQ safely?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fuck turkey..

View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Has russia lobbed nuke at turkey yet?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#41]
This is gonna get fun!  Will Putin retaliate or not?  Will NATO back Turkey or not?  Will Putin risk pushing NATO into action?  Or not?  Will everyone thump their chests and go back to BAU or not?  Will FBHO start a fire in the oval office from the friction of his handwringing or will it be extinguished by his tears and the urine running down his leg?

Stay tuned!

My opinion is there will be a lot of posturing by Putin, Turkey will say it was an unfortunate incident, NATO will issue a statement that it backs it's members, and there will be much changing of undies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I for one, am glad to see our F-16s we sold to Turkey, are still able to take out Russian planes. I'm sure the F-16's are older tech in those planes and still can take out an SU-24.
View Quote

It was mostly likely a block 40 or 50 F-16 that they put together.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article21.html

The Turkish Air Force has a total of 270 F-16C/D aircraft in its inventory, all of them Block 30/40/50 models. Turkey is one of five countries to locally produce F-16s.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is gonna get fun!  Will Putin retaliate or not? Will NATO back Turkey or not?  Will Putin risk pushing NATO into action?  Or not?  Will everyone thump their chests and go back to BAU or not?  Will FBHO start a fire in the oval office from the friction of his handwringing or will it be extinguished by his tears and the urine running down his leg?

Stay tuned!
View Quote

What do you think.  Just after they released the images of their WWIII Room.

Vasili, lets fuck some shit up

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone see new info on the helicopter? I think that will be the tipping point.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Any updates on the rescue Helicopter shoot down?
View Quote

Some sources are saying they actually crashed on the side of a mountain during the search, and that the crew all made it out alive. But there is so much conflicting information right now who knows wtf is actually going on.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What a mess.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Any updates on the rescue Helicopter shoot down?
View Quote

Nothing on F24 so far.  Says aircraft was warned 10 times prior to shootdown and both pilots ejected safely.  No word on any helo.

Putin says it was a "stab in the back"...
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

KAL 007.

russia has been warned repeatedly to not violate turkish air space.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top