BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like falling debris fucked up someone's house:

http://www.dispatchtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Russian-jet-SHOT-DOWN-over-Tur.jpg
View Quote

From the looks of it, it may have actually cleaned out some of the trash!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Pic of Russian gunships searching for the second pilot
https://mobile.twitter.com/dijraberi/status/669109820369330176/photo/1
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
How ironic, we are talking Turkey before Thanksgiving, just not the tasty one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hate the Ruskies and the current Turk.gov but sure don't want to enter WW3 on Turkey's behalf
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmm, interesting....not sure if GD wants me to be happy or enraged about this though.

I hate the Ruskies and the current Turk.gov but sure don't want to enter WW3 on Turkey's behalf

Right here...this....I hope the Russians also eat Turkey this week
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#5]
That was quick, good for them.

Turkey day might have a whole new meaning from now on. Better than watching football anyways.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Realistically,the very best that can happen in Syria is a Lebanon like solution.
How long did that take to work out and how well?

Putin is not dumb enough to use his forces to attempt to take Syria's pre-revolt borders. I believe his goal was to attempt to take the pressure off of Assad and force the GCC into backing some sort of political solution.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
NATO and Turkey are holding 'emergency meetings' this morning.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmmmm, interesting....not sure if GD wants me to be happy or enraged about this though.
View Quote

Just another normal day huh?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Realistically,the very best that can happen in Syria is a Lebanon like solution.

Putin is not dumb enough to use his forces to attempt to take Syria's pre-revolt borders. I believe his goal was to attempt to take the pressure off of Assad and force the GCC into backing some sort of political solution.

View Quote

The problem is that Assad is a "whole loaf or nothing" kind of guy. I don't King of a Rump Alawite Kingdom is in the cards, and I think the only reason the Turks would allow it to exist is to keep the Kurds from having an outlet to the sea.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a helicopter looking for the downed pilots was also shot down:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/621677/Reports-Russian-helicopter-shot-down-while-searching-downed-jets

Things just got interesting.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope you're right.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Putin is a bully who just got punched.  he aint gonna do shit.
I hope you're right.  

hell, I hope I am wrong.  fuck turkey.  let them fight each other to exhaustion.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#12]
So will Hollande go to Russia to apologize on behalf of NATO/Turkey?  Our president would....
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How ironic, we are talking Turkey before Thanksgiving, just not the tasty one.
View Quote

I'm sure they're already sending strongly worded twitter messages and TPS reports.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NATO and Turkey are holding 'emergency meetings' this morning.  
View Quote

Probably SOP after a situation like this I would imagine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Couple of well placed Russian nukes and they can go about their business of slapping ISIS without Turkish interference.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All kidding aside, how big of a deal is this.   Is it a pivotal point?  Hello me out here.
View Quote

What If it was 1 of ours shot down by some country that has been sitting on the sidelines and is suspect in possibly helping ISIS? At the least ignoring their comings and goings across the border.
Bear gonna be pissed.
Wouldn't want to be a Turk manning any missile sites near the border.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#17]

President Putin says Russian fighter jet was downed on Syrian territory 4km from Turkish border - @Reuters

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/621677/Reports-Russian-helicopter-shot-down-while-searching-downed-jets

View Quote

Yeah, that sort of ups the ante just a bit. But if the plane went down inside Syria, it was probably some of the FSA, ISIS, Al-Nusra or whatever other elements are in the area that brought it down, not Turkey.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

hell, I hope I am wrong.  fuck turkey.  let them fight each other to exhaustion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Putin is a bully who just got punched.  he aint gonna do shit.
I hope you're right.  

I just don't want to see US troops get involved with this right now. I agree that Turkey is a piece of crap.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Uh oh....

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has called an emergency meeting over the downing of the jet and unverified sources have claimed Russia is currently sending a warship across the Dardenelles from the Black Sea into the Mediterranean."

Is it happening?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

President Putin says Russian fighter jet was downed on Syrian territory 4km from Turkish border - @Reuters

View Quote

4km? That's nothing. The aircraft could have easily flew much farther than that after being hit. It doesn't prove it wasn't inside Turkey when engaged.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#24]
So when do Turkish refugees start pouring into our cities?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#25]
... well then, don't fucking violate Turkish airspace  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#26]
So does anyone know what hashtag Obama will be using to solve this?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#27]
maybe we'll put Jupiter missiles back in Turkey
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

#ClimateChangeCausedTurkeyToShootItDown

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
#IDONTKNOWWHERETHETHEREDLINEISNOW

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#30]
NM/....
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like yours better.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
maybe we'll put Jupiter missiles back in Turkey
View Quote

I'd rather LAND some jupiter missiles IN Turkey.

Ergodan is throttling them towards their on Caliphate.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Its called work place violence!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#34]
RT

?@RT_com

'Do they want NATO to serve the interests of #ISIS?' - Putin on Turkey downing Russian jet

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes,they can take the scenic route from Saint Petersburg but everything heavy they have sent so far has come from Novorossiysk through the Bosporus. Relying fully upon the air bridge would be a bit like if the US tried to fight in Iraq without the ability to use Kuwait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia has to transit Turkey to resupply Syria,operative word is "has" as they sure can't move everything they need by air. War with Turkey is not even remotely an option.

While I am no fan of Turks,seeing a Sukhoi on fire makes me all warm and happy inside.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

No they don't. Tartus is a long standing Russian Naval base and they established an air bridge over Iran and Iraq. linky

Yes,they can take the scenic route from Saint Petersburg but everything heavy they have sent so far has come from Novorossiysk through the Bosporus. Relying fully upon the air bridge would be a bit like if the US tried to fight in Iraq without the ability to use Kuwait.

You remember they took Crimea and are currently pissing on eastern Ukraine right? Not to mention its not a long flight over the Caspian Sea through Iran to drop off supplies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#36]
The Russians dont want any of the Turks in the Turks front yard. The Turks army is one of the biggest and it is all in that region.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Just for gigs... there's not much else to do now

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither.

Be afraid.   Be Very Afraid.    
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What If it was 1 of ours shot down by some country that has been sitting on the sidelines and is suspect in possibly helping ISIS? At the least ignoring their comings and goings across the border.
Bear gonna be pissed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All kidding aside, how big of a deal is this.   Is it a pivotal point?  Hello me out here.

Bear gonna be pissed.

Or if Putin decides to park a bunch of S-400's over there those fly boys better watch out. I would not want to be turkey getting into a pissing matching with the russians looking at the US for support right about now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
RT    ?@RT_com                                                              'Do they want NATO to serve the interests of #ISIS?' - Putin on Turkey downing Russian jet

View Quote

Funny coming from him
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#41]
So if the helicopter was trying to recover the pilots which ended up in Syria, why did itnget shot down? Unless it wasn't the Turks that brought it down.

This is really messed up. My pucker factor is at defcon 3.

V
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The problem is that Assad is a "whole loaf or nothing" kind of guy. I don't King of a Rump Alawite Kingdom is in the cards, and I think the only reason the Turks would allow it to exist is to keep the Kurds from having an outlet to the sea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True,Bashir wants his whole cake but how does he take it back? It would have to become Eastern Iran with the IRGC effectively occupying the country;there sure aren't enough Alawi and loyalist Sunnis/Christians left.

Of course,Putin does add a bit of legitimacy to Turkey needing to protect their kin via the  Crimean/Novorossiyan model and yup,if they "protect" the northwestern chunk that means any Kurdistan doesn't get an outlet to the Med.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#43]
A) Turkey is a member of NATO. USA has a mutual defense agreement with Turkey.
B) US troops and aircraft are stationed in Turkey
C) Turkey downs Russian military jet
D) NATO is like "WTF" turkey

Consider this, NATO country intentionally downs Russian military Jet, yet not a peep out of the US president...... We call that 'exceptional leadership'.

Brussels (AFP) - NATO allies will hold an "extraordinary" meeting Tuesday at Ankara's request to discuss Turkey's shooting down of a Russian fighter jet along the Syrian border, an alliance official said.

"At the request of Turkey, the North Atlantic Council will hold an extraordinary meeting at (1600 GMT). The aim of this extraordinary NAC is for Turkey to inform Allies about the downing of a Russian airplane," the official told AFP.
View Quote

E) Russia calls Turkey a terrorist.

Putin warns Turkey of “significant consequences”.

Speaking ahead of his meeting with King Abdullah II of Jordan in Sochi, the Russian leader said:

This event is beyond the normal framework of fighting against terrorism. Of course our military is doing heroic work against terrorism... But the loss today is a stab in the back, carried out by the accomplices of terrorists. I can’t describe it in any other way. Our aircraft was downed over the territory of Syria, using air-to-air missile from a Turkish F-16. It fell on the Syrian territory 4km from Turkey.

Neither our pilots nor our jet threatened the territory of Turkey. This is obvious. They are fighting terrorists in the northern areas around Latakia, where militants are located, mainly people who originated in Russia, and they were pursuing their direct duty, to make sure these people do not return to Russia. These are people who are clearly international terrorists.

Taking into account that we signed an agreement on deconflicting with the US, and as we know Turkey was among the ones that has joined the US coalition. Since Isis has such huge resources of hundreds of millions and billions of dollars coming from illicit oil sales, and they are protected by the armed forces of other states, then it’s clear why they are so brazen, why they are killing people, why they are carrying out terrorist attacks throughout the world including in the heart of Europe.

We will analyse everything, and today’s tragic event will have significant consequences, including for Russia-Turkish relations. We have always treated Turkey as a friendly state. I don’t know who was interested in what happened today, certainly not us. And instead of immediately getting in contact with us, as far as we know, the Turkish side immediately turned to their partners from Nato to discuss this incident, as if we shot down their plane and not they ours.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So...

-was the plane downed by Turkish jets or ground fire
-who killed the pilot
-was the plane in Syria or Turkey
-was the plane, in fact, bombing Turkmen in Syria, an ethnic group Turkey told Russia not to target
-what does this all mean in the grander scheme of things given that Turkey is a NATO-ish country
View Quote

"These questions—and many others—will be answered in the next episode of...Soap."
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Kick Turkey out of NATO.

The Turks are just as bad as the Russians.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Russia Today live stream on YouTube

Pundits making claim Turkey is supporting ISIS and basically creating casus belli
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Couple of well placed Russian nukes and they can go about their business of slapping ISIS without Turkish interference.
View Quote

sure, Russia will risk nuclear war over this. Turkey is NATO.  A nuke strike on Turkey would be the end of most of us.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Russia Today live stream on YouTube

Pundits making claim Turkey is supporting ISIS and basically creating casus belli
View Quote

Turkey is supporting ISIS. The press has reported for the past year how Turkey allows foreigners into its country to join ISIS. When Turkey finally joined the fight, they did not attack ISIS, they attacked Kurds.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

True,Bashir wants his whole cake but how does he take it back? It would have to become Eastern Iran with the IRGC effectively occupying the country;there sure aren't enough Alawi and loyalist Sunnis/Christians left.

Of course,Putin does add a bit of legitimacy to Turkey needing to protect their kin via the  Crimean/Novorossiyan model and yup,if they "protect" the northwestern chunk that means any Kurdistan doesn't get an outlet to the Med.
View Quote

I think Assad truly believes he's the President of a pre-2011 Syria.

I don't think he gets that he and Awesome Qassem destroyed it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
In before the glowy  radioactive portion of it then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In before WW3.
WW3 has already been under way.

In before the glowy  radioactive portion of it then?
That'll work
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top