BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What if they shoot down an American or coalition jet ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Things are going to get very interesting once the S400 systems are set up. Almost guaranteed that Turkey will lose an F-16 soon.

From this president?  

I seriously doubt there will be a military response.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

From this president?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Things are going to get very interesting once the S400 systems are set up. Almost guaranteed that Turkey will lose an F-16 soon.

From this president?  

We may drop leaflets on the russians.   There is the slight possibility they could lose a turbine if there jets ingest some.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not saying its truth or fact I'm just posting information for people to read and make their own decisions. Its already been been said by a retired US General on FOX that this looks like a pre-planned shootdown. If you don't RT articles then simply don't read them I post sources from all sides to gather as much information as possible but every news source so far has its own propaganda so you decide to what to believe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Downing of Russian Su-24 looks like a planned provocation - Lavrov        

https://www.rt.com/news/323404-lavrov-syria-s24-turkey/

Russia Today

What an objective news source, huh primorski?  Everyone who might not know it yet, Russia Today is a disinformation apparatus of the Russian SVR, or foreign intelligence service.  It was commissioned by Putin, and headed by Mikhail Lesin, who was found dead in a hotel earlier this month.

Anyone who knowingly uses RT as a source should acknowledge that in their posts.

Do you think the Russians are going to admit that they heard the Turkish warnings on the international emergency freqs?  Do you think the Russians are going to admit any wrongdoing in this turd show?

Never.  Russians don't apologize, because it is seen as weakness.

I'm not saying its truth or fact I'm just posting information for people to read and make their own decisions. Its already been been said by a retired US General on FOX that this looks like a pre-planned shootdown. If you don't RT articles then simply don't read them I post sources from all sides to gather as much information as possible but every news source so far has its own propaganda so you decide to what to believe.

There's no possible way it was anything other than a pre-planned shootdown.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the one of the Obama directed bombing missions that 75% return with their bombs unused? Those 9 sorties a week are largely for show and not intended to actually harm ISIS.

U.S. military pilots who have returned from the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq are confirming that they were blocked from dropping 75 percent of their ordnance on terror targets because they could not get clearance to launch a strike, according to a leading member of Congress.

The fact that aircraft go on missions and don’t strike anything is not out of the norm,” the official said.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/us-pilots-confirm-obama-admin-blocks-75-percent-of-isis-strikes/
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
A look inside an S-400 missile assembly plant.

Loading one into the tube @8:19.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

shale and the saudis did that, not isis.  but you know that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I agree. I'm just saying, Turkey doesn't deserve a pat on the back for this. They deserve to get whatever they get. Fucking morons (Turkey).

you tell someone to stop entering their airspace and they dont.
what are you going to do?

Same thing you do when you tell someone to stop buying black market oil that led to the oil price manipulation that led to your economy crashing.

shale and the saudis did that, not isis.  but you know that

The Saudis didn't do it in a vacuum.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
there are radio transcripts of the Turkish pilots telling them multiple times on the guard channel to alter their course...........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
there are radio transcripts of the Turkish pilots telling them multiple times on the guard channel to alter their course...........

Quoted:
Quoted:

Russian jet pilot says there were 'no warnings' by Turkey before plane was shot down

Rescued pilot of Russian jet shot down by the Turkish military has said he received no warning before his plane was downed. The airman who was extracted from rebel territory, after a 12 hour operation by Russian and Syrian special forces has said he couldn't possibly have flown over Turkish airspace, TASS newsagency reported. His revelations will further fuel a row between, Turkey and Russia with both countries saying the other was in the wrong.

When the pilot was asked if he could have strayed into Turkish territory as Turkey claims, TASS reported that Captain Konstantin Murakhtin told Rossiya One TV channel: "No, this is out of the question even for a one-second possibility, as we were at the altitude of 6,000 meters and the weather was clear. "There were no warnings either via radio communication or optically. There were no contacts at all. That’s why we flew heading combat course as per normal," he said.

"If they wanted to warn us they could have come out by flying on parallel courses. But this did not happen. And the missile came to our jet’ tail all of a sudden, We didn’t even see it to have time for missile evasive maneouvre."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russian-jet-pilot-says-were-6898879

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBmL_5V9TSE

Everything else notwithstanding, what the hell is the supposed to mean?  Could they see the border lines on the ground?

Is the guard channel something that everyone listens to all the time or does that break in or what? How does that actually work for us non initiated?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
“I gave the order myself” - Turkish PM on downing Russian plane

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu today revealed that he personally gave the order to down the Russian Su-24 fighter jet that lead to the death of one pilot.

“Despite all the warnings, we had had to destroy the aircraft” Davutoglu told a meeting of his AK party. “The Turkish Armed Forces carried out orders given by me personally”
View Quote

http://thinkpol.ca/2015/11/25/i-gave-the-order-myself-%E2%88%92-turkish-pm-on-downing-russian-plane/
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowing our guy i bet he tells our guys to stay the fuck away from them. But what if they do?  I hope they dont. what a cluster fuck of epic proportions. I dont think Zero has the stones to do dick about it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"I gave the order myself” - Turkish PM on downing Russian plane
http://thinkpol.ca/2015/11/25/i-gave-the-order-myself-%E2%88%92-turkish-pm-on-downing-russian-plane/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu today revealed that he personally gave the order to down the Russian Su-24 fighter jet that lead to the death of one pilot.

"Despite all the warnings, we had had to destroy the aircraft” Davutoglu told a meeting of his AK party. "The Turkish Armed Forces carried out orders given by me personally”

Holy Shit.... does Erdogan want to cause a fucking war between Russia and NATO?

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder if Turkey has access to HARM missiles?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

some S400 missiles boast ranges of 400 Kilometers. Even at half that distance its got longer legs than a harm.  I bet once they come online turkey takes a much less aggressive posture.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]
On Fox they said a pentagon source said that the F-16 fired on the SU-24 as it just entered into Turkish airspace for a brief moment. By then the missile was already on it way traveling @30 seconds to hit the SU-24. The SU-24 was hit by the missile in Syrian airspace.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This sure makes a lot of assumptions.  Seems like making those assumptions is going to cost the tax payers of the west BILLIONS (billion, did i say billions?  I meant TRILLIONS) of dollars in military expenditures over the course of the next 1000 years.  Damn sure ain't nothing changing in that region, and i'd rather pay more at the pump until the always innovative american economy makes fossil fuels irrelevant than pay that money to crackpots in the middle east and back it up with the blood of americas boys.  I seriously don't understand the decades old mentality that keeps us kissing the saudi's asses at every opportunity.  They are over, and can go ride camels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't agree that the US and EU should pull out of the Middle East, because the consequences are Iran flexing more muscle over the Strait of Hormuz, and destabilization of the global energy trade markets.  Even though the US is fine on Western Hemisphere oil, Iranian hegemony will raise the price of oil to the point that the high consumption Asian markets will go to Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela for more reliable sources as the Middle East deals with Iranian bullying.

This sure makes a lot of assumptions.  Seems like making those assumptions is going to cost the tax payers of the west BILLIONS (billion, did i say billions?  I meant TRILLIONS) of dollars in military expenditures over the course of the next 1000 years.  Damn sure ain't nothing changing in that region, and i'd rather pay more at the pump until the always innovative american economy makes fossil fuels irrelevant than pay that money to crackpots in the middle east and back it up with the blood of americas boys.  I seriously don't understand the decades old mentality that keeps us kissing the saudi's asses at every opportunity.  They are over, and can go ride camels.

I'm just here to listen to how the innovative American economy is going to make fossil fuels obsolete.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

“Despite all the warnings, we had had to destroy the aircraft” Davutoglu told a meeting of his AK party. “The Turkish Armed Forces carried out orders given by me personally”

Yeah, I think I would have kept quiet about that.
Say it was the pilots discrestion.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it's obvious to anyone with any sense at all that this was planned in advance and essentially amounts to an ambush. What the hell is Turkey doing? I've reached the conclusion that Russia is actually telling the truth here. Turkey is pissed that their bros in northern Syria are getting bombed, and they're also pissed that the black market oil trade with ISIS is being interrupted.

Fuck you Turkey. I hope NATO tells those fuckers they're on their own and I hope the Russian response is harsh.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
some S400 missiles boast ranges of 400 Kilometers. Even at half that distance its got longer legs than a harm.  I bet once they come online turkey takes a much less aggressive posture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The S-400 defensive bubble.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3316195/Vladimir-Putin-deploys-advanced-Growler-anti-aircraft-missile-Syria-able-hit-jets-altitude-90-000-feet-far-away-Tel-Aviv.html

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Russia bombed some dirt and trucks,there are 2 fewer Russians,the world is a slightly better place but nothing earth shattering has changed.

Neither country wants to escalate.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3316195/Vladimir-Putin-deploys-advanced-Growler-anti-aircraft-missile-Syria-able-hit-jets-altitude-90-000-feet-far-away-Tel-Aviv.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/13/01/2E64D1E100000578-3316195-image-a-37_1447377841705.jpg

Basically the commies are running Air Defense for ISIS
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interresting.

Quoted:
EDIT: I don't think this incident was intentional. Border units under high stress, including air CAP forces, make split second decisions that result in mistakes that have the potential to snowball into major political snafus. Its why the Red Phone was installed in the White House/Kremlin, because these sorts of things are guaranteed to happen, but might be accidental. I will bet that this incident is blamed on an overzealous Turkish pilot. Its an easy out, avoids wars. Some reparations and a public admittance that it was an accident and it will blow over. I'm sure Obama's people are working on arranging it right now, its the easiest, least costly means of dealing with this situation.

"Listen hear Mr. Erdogan, if you don't blame this on your pilots and apologize to Russia, calling it a mistake, then I wont support our NATO alliance, you're on your own."

A simple sentence like this means the situation is over, for now. Though the threat of it happening again remains.
This would have been the most reasonable response.  The Turks don't seem to be reasonable, though.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I think it's obvious to anyone with any sense at all that this was planned in advance and essentially amounts to an ambush. What the hell is Turkey doing? I've reached the conclusion that Russia is actually telling the truth here. Turkey is pissed that their bros in northern Syria are getting bombed, and they're also pissed that the black market oil trade with ISIS is being interrupted.

Fuck you Turkey. I hope NATO tells those fuckers they're on their own and I hope the Russian response is harsh.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/13/01/2E64D1E100000578-3316195-image-a-37_1447377841705.jpg

Turkey isn't communist, but yes that does seem to be what the Turks are attempting. I wouldn't call the USA communist either, and although our efforts against ISIS are a joke, we're not providing air defense either.

Russia isn't communist and clearly they're the only ones actually doing anything worth a damn in Syria. Who exactly are the commies you're referring to?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.rt.com/news/323404-lavrov-syria-s24-turkey/

Russia Today

What an objective news source, huh primorski?  Everyone who might not know it yet, Russia Today is a disinformation apparatus of the Russian SVR, or foreign intelligence service.  It was commissioned by Putin, and headed by Mikhail Lesin, who was found dead in a hotel earlier this month.

Anyone who knowingly uses RT as a source should acknowledge that in their posts.

Do you think the Russians are going to admit that they heard the Turkish warnings on the international emergency freqs?  Do you think the Russians are going to admit any wrongdoing in this turd show?

Never.  Russians don't apologize, because it is seen as weakness.

But, the Turks could only have pre-planned it because of countless prior incursions into their airspace by Russian aircraft.  Russia knew exactly what their aircraft were doing, and they got called on it.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
On Fox they said a pentagon source said that the F-16 fired on the SU-24 as it just entered into Turkish airspace for a brief moment. By then the missile was already on it way traveling @30 seconds to hit the SU-24. The SU-24 was hit by the missile in Syrian airspace.
View Quote

Has US DoD confirmed that the Russian plane did violate Turkish airspace?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Announcement...
Can't imbed...

Announcement
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

But, the Turks could only have pre-planned it because of countless prior incursions into their airspace by Russian aircraft.  Russia knew exactly what their aircraft were doing, and they got called on it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many is countless?  Russia admitted one on Oct. 4 as a mistake where the plane entered for a few seconds and I only found maybe 2 other times Turkey accused Russia of violations.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#27]

This is the reason for all that Ukraine nonsense. We keep pushing closer and closer until we have NATO bases in downtown Moscow. Russia wants her buffer. Truth be told she's surrounded and afraid, and always paranoid. Especially when it's neighbors/former colonies are involved. There is no need to keep up this nonsense. It's only going to make them more of a cornered animal prone to lashing out. There will never be T-72s storming through the Fulda, lets stop poking.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm just here to listen to how the innovative American economy is going to make fossil fuels obsolete.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't agree that the US and EU should pull out of the Middle East, because the consequences are Iran flexing more muscle over the Strait of Hormuz, and destabilization of the global energy trade markets.  Even though the US is fine on Western Hemisphere oil, Iranian hegemony will raise the price of oil to the point that the high consumption Asian markets will go to Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela for more reliable sources as the Middle East deals with Iranian bullying.

I'm not here to tell you that while sitting here in mom's basement, in between monitoring GD I've cracked cold fusion...... But let's not pretend that if oil went to $200 a barrel that something would be unpossible. Again, with the constantly improving extraction techniques, it doesn't even need to become obsolete.  Point is, we don't need oil from them anymore at what it's costing us.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm not here to tell you that while sitting here in mom's basement, in between monitoring GD I've cracked cold fusion...... But let's not pretend that if oil went to $200 a barrel that something would be unpossible. Again, with the constantly improving extraction techniques, it doesn't even need to become obsolete.  Point is, we don't need oil from them anymore at what it's costing us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If oil goes through $200/bbl it would be even more unpossible for it to be more unobsolete. But your theories on economics and energy and extraction techniques intrigue me. Please tell me more...
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If oil goes through $200/bbl it would be even more unpossible for it to be more unobsolete. But your theories on economics and energy and extraction techniques intrigue me. Please tell me more...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very convincing counter argument.  You have converted me.  After all, the high cost of oil over the last 5 years certainly didn't drive improvements in fracking.  Silly me.  Back to the cold fusion plans

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This is the reason for all that Ukraine nonsense. We keep pushing closer and closer until we have NATO bases in downtown Moscow. Russia wants her buffer. Truth be told she's surrounded and afraid, and always paranoid. Especially when it's neighbors/former colonies are involved. There is no need to keep up this nonsense. It's only going to make them more of a cornered animal prone to lashing out. There will never be T-72s storming through the Fulda, lets stop poking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

truth be told Russia was absolutely defenseless after 1991 up until 2000 or so, they could have been overrun by a boy scout troop and a dogsled team, and nothing happened.  the reason NATO has a presence is because Russia occasionally forgets to stop invading and occupying smaller countries. these smaller countries want the security of a larger association to prevent invasion. like Georgia and Ukraine wish they had now. Fuck Russia.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was Turkey running air defense for ISIS?  Turkey buys ISIS blackmarket oil.  They need to protect those convoys coming into Turkey.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#33]
The NATO alliance is badly out of date, and we're really fucking dumb for allowing ourselves to be a in position where fucking Turkey can drag us into a war with Russia. Fuck Turkey, we should kick them the fuck out of NATO and let Russia kick the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Very convincing counter argument.  You have converted me.  After all, the high cost of oil over the last 5 years certainly didn't drive improvements in fracking.  Silly me.  Back to the cold fusion plans

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fracking technology will never make fossil fuels obsolete. Please to reread your original post; I made sure it was in the quote tree so it would be easy for you.

But please, continue with your thoughts on fracking technology, I find them interesting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The NATO alliance is badly out of date, and we're really fucking dumb for allowing ourselves to be a in position where fucking Turkey can drag us into a war with Russia. Fuck Turkey, we should kick them the fuck out of NATO and let Russia kick the shit out of them.
View Quote
There isn't going to be a NATO vs Russia war or a Turkey vs Russia war. Neither side wants to escalate things, and Russia just got exactly what it wanted. Everyone saw the "rebels" blast the Russian pilot and use a TOW to destroy the helicopter and kill a Russian marine. Russia just gained control of the border and the ability to bomb any rebel group it wants to bomb, including the "rebels" being backed by Turkey. Turkey has got to be the dumbest mother fuckers on the face of the planet.  Let's shoot down a Russian jet and then run to NATO so Russia won't be allowed to fly around our border. Dumbfucks won't be able to fly around their own border now. Then they claimed they were working with the opposition rebels to return the two pilots, retards.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fracking technology will never make fossil fuels obsolete. Please to reread your original post; I made sure it was in the quote tree so it would be easy for you.

But please, continue with your thoughts on fracking technology, I find them interesting.
<a href="http://s400.photobucket.com/user/223556762308/media/IMG_6559_zpsd2028dc6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/223556762308/IMG_6559_zpsd2028dc6.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s400.photobucket.com/user/223556762308/media/IMG_6559_zpsd2028dc6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/223556762308/IMG_6559_zpsd2028dc6.jpg</a>

Got it.  Reading comp is a bit down tonight for you.  No problem, i'm right there with you, i just don't like that canadian stuff.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's Israel's position on the S400?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Stay the fuck outta their airspace and your shit won't get shot out of the air.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Despite all the warnings, we had had to destroy the aircraft” Davutoglu told a meeting of his AK party. "The Turkish Armed Forces carried out orders given by me personally”

Yes. He does.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely, but the S400 outranges the HARM by about 100km.  Plus I believe the Russian CIWS systems can shoot down anti-radiation missiles.

All this is theoretical of of course.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

so is Time and CNN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys know that RT is Russian State propaganda, right?

so is Time and CNN

No.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:37:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
No.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so is Time and CNN

No.  

Well, I'm convinced. Excellent post.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:40:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Turkey is trying to make Russia the bad guy so everyone forgets that their buddies the Jihadist goatfuckers are the real bad guys here.

So are a few people here on Arfcom. Sorry, the Cold War is fucking over, and the Soviet Union didn't run airplanes into the twin towers, or gun down a bunch of innocents in Paris...

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:44:16 AM EDT
[#45]
lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Interesting thread.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The S-400 is an impressive system. It badly out ranges the U.S. Patriot system. For this reason, I'd love to see PATRIOT/MEADS systems replace the PAC-3 missile with the Israeli Stunner missile, which would basically double its range out to about 90 miles while also being far less expensive. And I would love to see Raytheon develop a land mobile version of the SM-6 missile used by the U.S. Navy. That system has a range out to about 230 miles and would give our land based forces an air defense system with the same sort of range as the S-400. It would also allow for off-board sensors to help guide the missile, to include aircraft, AWACS, ships or other ground radar stations in a network, giving it an over the horizon capability.

We have the best air force in the world with some highly capable platforms and skilled pilots. Even so, I would still like to see us take air defense a bit more seriously and field systems that take advantage of our latest capabilities.PATRIOT has served us well but is beginning to get a bit long in the tooth and just doesn't compare favorably to the S-400 system.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not like they had a whole lot of choice in the matter. They're surrounded by enemies. It was their oil anyway they were essentially just paying a ransom for each barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have told the Syrian government that buying IS sourced oil was a bad idea, but the Syrians did it anyway.

Not like they had a whole lot of choice in the matter. They're surrounded by enemies. It was their oil anyway they were essentially just paying a ransom for each barrel.

If you're sitting on the fourth largest army in the ME and can't secure your oil fields, they aren't yours anymore, anymore than they belong to the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem or the Seljuk Turks.

Plus, your main ally is Iran, number two is Russia.

Color me unconvinced on your analysis.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, if there is one thing on the planet Sergei Lavrov is the fucking expert on, it's planned provocations.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:32:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

so is Time and CNN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so is Time and CNN

I lol'd, then I serious.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top