Quoted:

Poe'd!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's because one joint has as much science in it as fifty thousand cigarettes, and all those jurors are fucked up criminals and dopers. They should be arrested while leaving the courtroom for material support to terrorism.

If you are going to arrest people for voting the "wrong" way in a jury how about we just not even bother with them.  

Poe'd!

I was unfamiliar with the term, but you are correct.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The issue is that there isn't a standard as to what level of THC in the blood constitutes "stoned" like there is with alcohol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The issue is that there isn't a standard as to what level of THC in the blood constitutes "stoned" like there is with alcohol.

"Standard", hrump.  The standard was a BAC of 1.3, then got progressively moved down because of feels.

Driving high doesn't get so much as a second thought from a lot of smokers and while it's not the same as driving around blasted on alcohol, it's still not safe.

Hmm, maybe there should be an "unsafe operation" law then?  Maybe "careless driving"?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's because one joint has as much science in it as fifty thousand cigarettes, and all those jurors are fucked up criminals and dopers. They should be arrested while leaving the courtroom for material support to terrorism.

If you are going to arrest people for voting the "wrong" way in a jury how about we just not even bother with them.  

Poe'd!

The lead in showed that it wasn't a serious port.  But I do expect the anti-nullification group to show up and the post was as decent as any to put my statement.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What do you mean by "jury nullification people"?  Everyone should be a jury nullification person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How fucking ridiculous. Of course being stonned out of your gourd is dangerous. So is being fit shaced drunk.    And distracted driving is just as bad for folks who can't drive worth a shit anyway.  Good on the jury for nullification though.  hopefully they can nullify a bunch of illegal magazine cases in the future instead of something that is sure to cause death and injuries like impared driving.  

Jury nullification people are the most rabid left wing loonies.  No way on Earth they will support any sort of a gun person.

What do you mean by "jury nullification people"?  Everyone should be a jury nullification person.

The people that really only push for jury nullification related to dope, trespass on private property, littering and urinating in public and other vagrancy offenses.  They don't care about the state laws restricting guns, taxes, property rights, etc.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How fucking ridiculous. Of course being stonned out of your gourd is dangerous. So is being fit shaced drunk.    And distracted driving is just as bad for folks who can't drive worth a shit anyway.  Good on the jury for nullification though.  hopefully they can nullify a bunch of illegal magazine cases in the future instead of something that is sure to cause death and injuries like impared driving.  

Jury nullification people are the most rabid left wing loonies.  No way on Earth they will support any sort of a gun person.

Careful what you wish for.

Maybe everyone should be a conscientious objector when it suits them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The people that really only push for jury nullification related to dope, trespass on private property, littering and urinating in public and other vagrancy offenses.  They don't care about the state laws restricting guns, taxes, property rights, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

then maybe you should push for the kind of nullification that you desire
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
They flaaa, cause they are haaaa
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a full time job and don't have time to protest or hand out pamphlets while smelling like BO and halitosis.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a full time job and don't have time to protest or hand out pamphlets while smelling like BO and halitosis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you man, I hate all activism - even for causes that I endorse
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't push for it.  I don't even imagine it's at all likely I'd use it if I was on a jury.  But it's knowledge everyone should have the mind should the need arise.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Absofuckinglutely this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jury nullification just shows the will of the people, no fucks given, nullify away!

We could only hope for some good jury nullification in some 2nd Amendment cases....

Absofuckinglutely this.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't push for it.  I don't even imagine it's at all likely I'd use it if I was on a jury.  But it's knowledge everyone should have the mind should the need arise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's anyone who paid attention in HS civics.  Unfortunately, a good chunk of jurors are semi-literate retards.  The ones that get their legal system knowledge from Law and Order are actually the smarter ones.  Just as unfortunate, the activists only show up in front of courts when it's their stoner buddies that are on the docket.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll dispute the "novel new" study with actual observation of stoned drivers. Impared is impared. < Removed. -- BB >
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

here

Colorado prosecutors are getting frustrated at jurors for daring to exercise rationality instead of blindly following the will of the State. A growing number of juries are acquitting people of driving under the influence of cannabis, even when tests show they are over the state’s legal blood-THC limit.

Since the recreational use of cannabis became legal, Colorado authorities are scrambling to apply rules and regulations to this new reality. They have established a 5 ng/ml blood-THC limit for operation of a motor vehicle, which seems to be arbitrary as there is no preponderance of data to support a specific number.

Indeed, the assumption that driving on weed poses the same risks as driving on alcohol would be a fallacy. In September, we reported on a novel study that found virtually no driving impairment under the influence of cannabis, while alcohol caused complete impairment.

People in Colorado seem to realize that applying a number to a person’s blood-THC level is not an ultimate determination of their motor abilities.

I'll dispute the "novel new" study with actual observation of stoned drivers. Impared is impared. < Removed. -- BB >

< Removed. -- BB >

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's anyone who paid attention in HS civics.  Unfortunately, a good chunk of jurors are semi-literate retards.  The ones that get their legal system knowledge from Law and Order are actually the smarter ones.  Just as unfortunate, the activists only show up in front of courts when it's their stoner buddies that are on the docket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's plenty of folks on this site that will tell you that your job is only to judge the facts, not the law itself.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Potheads suck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#16]
yea.. even the stoners i know recognize that it will impair your ability to drive..
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

< Removed. -- BB >
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

here

Colorado prosecutors are getting frustrated at jurors for daring to exercise rationality instead of blindly following the will of the State. A growing number of juries are acquitting people of driving under the influence of cannabis, even when tests show they are over the state’s legal blood-THC limit.

Since the recreational use of cannabis became legal, Colorado authorities are scrambling to apply rules and regulations to this new reality. They have established a 5 ng/ml blood-THC limit for operation of a motor vehicle, which seems to be arbitrary as there is no preponderance of data to support a specific number.

Indeed, the assumption that driving on weed poses the same risks as driving on alcohol would be a fallacy. In September, we reported on a novel study that found virtually no driving impairment under the influence of cannabis, while alcohol caused complete impairment.

People in Colorado seem to realize that applying a number to a person’s blood-THC level is not an ultimate determination of their motor abilities.

< Removed. -- BB >

Not quite, "only" as in if the poster thinks this is acceptable, hoping to limiting the consequences to someone who thinks it is acceptable, versus some who doesn't want the risk for their family.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And the US will be a freer place when that happens....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will be like SF soon enough where the cops won't bother arresting anyone anymore.

You went to UNC Chapel Hill didn't you?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I understand that it is tough trying to figure out where to draw the line. And I'll probably get ripped for this but there needs to be a line though. You can see it in this thread. People implying that it doesn't matter how stoned someone is. That any kind of law is unjust. Same goes for alcohol. Like someone already said, everything is fine until it is your family affected by the impaired person. I won't speak for others but I know the limit for drunk driving keeps me in check so I can't  say it won't change anything.
View Quote

the line should be driving recklessly. Why is important only for possible treatment (anger management therapy, AA, NA, etc...)

If someone isn't driving recklessly, why bother them?

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It will be like SF soon enough where the cops won't bother arresting anyone anymore.
View Quote

We already don't.

Who cares if some dude, high as a motherfucker, runs into a school bus.   It's Allah's will.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What makes you think that jury nullification will go our way in 2nd amendment cases?

Having sat on a jury, I would hate to have my life or rights decided by a jury.

Even when they follow the rules laid out by the judge there is an unbelievable amount of idiocy.  Let them make up their own rules and things will get crazy quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jury nullification just shows the will of the people, no fucks given, nullify away!

We could only hope for some good jury nullification in some 2nd Amendment cases....

What makes you think that jury nullification will go our way in 2nd amendment cases?

Having sat on a jury, I would hate to have my life or rights decided by a jury.

Even when they follow the rules laid out by the judge there is an unbelievable amount of idiocy.  Let them make up their own rules and things will get crazy quick.

That's why I added the qualifier of "good" jury nullification....I mean I would love to see a purely SAFE Act related arrest in NYS get thrown out by jury nullification...

I have no illusions to the general stupidity of a juror pool...I mean, generally, I gotta believe many jurors are people who have no jobs (who may or may not be FSA types), or weren't smart enough to get excused...

I know there are those who will do it as part of their "civic duty". but lets face it, there isn't a lot of upside to serving...hell, in Buffalo, they wouldn't even pay for your parking....
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't believe it at all. We're quick to jump on drunk drivers but we're ok with a person driving stoned? I swear this site is Bi-Polar. I used to get stoned a long time ago. I wasn't in any better shape to drive than if I was drunk. The difference is that I can drink a beer or 2 and feel no effects but if I were to take a couple hits off a joint I would be somewhat impaired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
here

I don't quite believe this...

I don't believe it at all. We're quick to jump on drunk drivers but we're ok with a person driving stoned? I swear this site is Bi-Polar. I used to get stoned a long time ago. I wasn't in any better shape to drive than if I was drunk. The difference is that I can drink a beer or 2 and feel no effects but if I were to take a couple hits off a joint I would be somewhat impaired.

Strictly reminiscing about my wayward youth, I think you can be impaired from smoking pot. And from what I understand, pot is many times stronger than the stuff around when Donna Summer was blaring through the speakers. But the measurement given above, 5ng (five nano grams or 0.000000005 grams per milliliter of blood) is so infinitesimally small I can't see how they came up with that number. By that standard, if you took a shot of whiskey and inhaled the vapors deeply you'd come up with a similar alcohol reading.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Strictly reminiscing about my wayward youth, I think you can be impaired from smoking pot. And from what I understand, pot is many times stronger than the stuff around when Donna Summer was blaring through the speakers. But the measurement given above, 5ng (five nano grams or 0.000000005 grams per milliliter of blood) is so infinitesimally small I can't see how they came up with that number. By that standard, if you took a shot of whiskey and inhaled the vapors deeply you'd come up with a similar alcohol reading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
here

I don't quite believe this...

Putting it this way I understand. I would agree that the level needs to be raised. But I can't and won't agree that there doesn't need to be some limit. There are people on this site who think all drugs should be legal. I can't agree with that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not quite, "only" as in if the poster thinks this is acceptable, hoping to limiting the consequences to someone who thinks it is acceptable, versus some who doesn't want the risk for their family.
View Quote

The all caps "YOUR" reads to me that the statement was intended to be a lot more personal than rhetorical.  Not the post I'd want to defend.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Putting it this way I understand. I would agree that the level needs to be raised. But I can't and won't agree that there doesn't need to be some limit. There are people on this site who think all drugs should be legal. I can't agree with that.
View Quote

If you are going to have a scientific threshold you should probably have some science behind it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

yea.. even the stoners i know recognize that it will impair your ability to drive..
View Quote

shh.. I have now been schooled that it doesn't effect anything, but people smoke it anyways because it effects them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I love watching the shit storm on here when someone mentions legal weed! Anyone remember seeing Feinstein describe the inner workings of the AR-15 on the hill. Also priceless. Ill be back in a second, I'm gonna make some popcorn.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My data is anecdotal, but all I know is some kid high on weed texted "YOLO" to his buddies and then failed to negotiate a dog-leg in the road and put his grandma's car sideways into a tree at 70mph on my 35mph street.  I've never seen a weed smoker who wasn't "impaired".
View Quote

You blame the guns too don't you.

Duh, he was texting and driving. Happens to the sober all the time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Going with this...
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

shh.. I have now been schooled that it doesn't effect anything, but people smoke it anyways because it effects them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

no you lack the ability to read simply English.  You were not told that.  

Maybe take some English classes or go see a doctor about your issue.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just silly. Many of the nullification activities are hardcore constitutionalists and more right wing than 87% of Arfcom.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Jury acquits someone who wasn't proven to be impaired beyond a reasonable doubt - ARF cops go ballistic about "jury nullification" and juries being out of control.

Jury acquits cop who shoots a man in the back who is laying face-down on the ground - ARF cops praise jury, the jury system, talk about how the jury has spoken, offense not proven beyond a reasonable doubt, etc.

Typical.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe go light one up so you can simmer down, man.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's a different kind of impairment than alcohol.  A drunk might drift out of his lane into oncoming traffic.  A stoned driver might stop at a red light and zone out, only to hit the gas when a random light up the street turns green (ask me how I know).

The issue is that there isn't a standard as to what level of THC in the blood constitutes "stoned" like there is with alcohol.  Obviously, if you're measuring metabolites people are going to pop hot for days after smoking, which is retarded.  You need to measure active THC, which is hard, slow and as far as I know requires a blood draw and expensive tests.  Hopefully, CO will figure something out sooner rather than later.  Driving high doesn't get so much as a second thought from a lot of smokers and while it's not the same as driving around blasted on alcohol, it's still not safe.
View Quote

This is exactly it.  To say someone isn't impaired while operating a car, heavy machinery, etc. while smoking weed is foolish.  Will it affect people differently?  Sure.  How many people do you know that seem to do things "better" drunk or have a high tolerance for alcohol?  Same with weed of course.  The current test models for THC metabolites is based on finding any with a +/- dependent on machine calibration and accuracy as well as other environmental factors.  It doesn't show that you're high only that you have something in your system.  The type of test necessary is a lot more expensive and time consuming; results may come long after the person is no longer "high."  I've been done this road several times with employees on heroin, meth, weed, cocaine, etc. not to mention some folks I used to know who made it a habit of getting high and finding out where they would end up...one ended up under a semi but he's better now.

What blows my mind is that there are so many people who have become programmed that if it isn't supporting legal weed then it is hogwash; honestly, having someone drive or operate equipment impaired is just plain stupid regardless as to whether it is weed, pain pills, or alcohol.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha... Nope. Private Baptist College in small a small southern town.

Just don't like people getting arrested for anything other than violent crimes. Takes billions of our tax money to support it and keep it going and does little or nothing to stop the problem.
But you just keep on with the Statist status quo. It's working so awesomely for us in this country.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think legalizing drugs under a program like they have in Switzerland would probably be a good idea. It's a medical issue, not a criminal one until an addict turns to criminality to support their addiction. We need to remove the profits from the drug equation. But I'd also support that if you are enrolled in an addiction risk mitigation program, you also give up some of your rights and privileges of citizenship. For example, you don't even get close to having drivers license any longer.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I've arrested a few people who were impaired by marijuana. The majority of whom caused serious wrecks. If we take the totality of the circumstances into consideration - wreck, smells strongly of burnt marijuana, maybe even admits to smoking marijuana, poor performance of field sobriety tests, etc... in my experience it is absolutely possible to be impaired due to marijuana use. I've also arrested a good amount of people who were impaired on other drugs, even their own prescription meds. Each case has to be treated individually, however. Not every person who smoked some pot is too stoned to drive, and not every person who takes a sip of alcohol is drunk.

Also, to who was wondering why cops and prosecutors would be mad about this... I go to work every week in a large city. And each week I respond to an ungodly amount of vehicle collisions. Most of which are caused by stupidity, some of which are also caused by impaired driving. I've seen a lot of dead bodies laying on the interstate caused by impaired driving. So when you work hard to try and prevent these things from happening, at least some of them hopefully, and all of your cases in court get dismissed and people walk out with no repercussion at all... how would that make you feel? To know not only that you wasted your time, but more importantly that those people are probably going to go out and do the exact same thing again because they "got away with it". 99% of law enforcement, in my opinion, is about deterrence and presence. Most people don't drive 100mph on the interstate because they don't want a speeding ticket. Most people don't drive drunk because they don't want to get popped for a DWI. If we don't enforce and prosecute laws, than whats the point? Everyday I see people doing the same crap over and over and over again. Lots of repeat offenders, you know why? Because nothing ever happens to them due to cases being dismissed for arbitrary reasons.

But hey at the end of the day I'm salaried and I make the same whether I arrest every drunk on the road or one a year. I don't get too worked up over it at this point, it's the DA's job to convict people, not mine. I detect and arrest if necessary, collect evidence and present it to the court. At least I get that drunk off the road for the day or night.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol.  Typical shitty 'journalism'.  The title says cops and prosecutors are mad.  No where in the article does it say or support that assertion.  

Read article title; masturbate furiously.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I smoked weed a bit after I got out of the Navy.   I never experienced any hallucinations.   The words you should have highlighted were "in large enough doses".  

The vast majority of weed smokers don't get acute doses, most people fall asleep before they can get that kind of dose.

I never drove while high, but I drove plenty where a blood test would have shown canniboids in my system well over the limits they are talking about.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"In large enough doses, THC can induce auditory and visual hallucinations. Acute effects while under the influence can include both euphoria and anxiety."

I smoked weed a bit after I got out of the Navy.   I never experienced any hallucinations.   The words you should have highlighted were "in large enough doses".  

The vast majority of weed smokers don't get acute doses, most people fall asleep before they can get that kind of dose.

I never drove while high, but I drove plenty where a blood test would have shown canniboids in my system well over the limits they are talking about.  

Yeah, I suspect that those doses are not only "large enough" but actually extreme.

Drunk drivers kill people.

High drivers go through the taco bell line at 1mph.  

Only one of these is a menace to society.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lol.  Typical shitty 'journalism'.  The title says cops and prosecutors are mad.  No where in the article does it say or support that assertion.  

Read article title; masturbate furiously.
View Quote

You have some weird visuals running through your head.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nothing to do with being a inexperienced driver or texting while driving. Nothing at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My data is anecdotal, but all I know is some kid high on weed texted "YOLO" to his buddies and then failed to negotiate a dog-leg in the road and put his grandma's car sideways into a tree at 70mph on my 35mph street.  I've never seen a weed smoker who wasn't "impaired".

Nothing to do with being a inexperienced driver or texting while driving. Nothing at all.

I have some very amusing stories of  weedheads running into various hard to spot solid objects such as trains.  Some were before cell phones were a thing. Impaired is impaired. What you used to get that way isn't really that important to the overall picture. . .
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why would prosecutors and cops be furious over this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Colorado Juries using Jury Nullification for Driving on Weed, Prosecutors and Cops are Furious.

Why would prosecutors and cops be furious over this?

Weedhead wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
good
View Quote

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top